TOUHOUMON NUZLOCKE~(GONE WRONG~)

Hello friends of Serenes!

So for two days a good amount of time I've been wanting to LP some Touhoumon and I was wondering which one I should LP and if anyone is even interested in this. In case you don't know the differences between the versions and what Touhoumon even is, this link will work miracles for you: https://www.reddit.com/r/twitchplayspokemon/comments/31rk8y/an_overview_of_various_touhoumon_versions/

It'll be a screenshot LP and I'll try being entertaining, I promise.

Keep in mind that World Link and Another World are considered to be bad and painful and choosing them will equal torturing me.

They might be dumb enough to be fun though...

NOTE: IT'LL BE A NUZLOCKE. :D

A RANDOMIZED ONE!!!

If I can get the randomizer to work...

Edited by Floral Pattern

Touhou Puppet Dance Performance Shard of Dreams is the only answer.

I don't know if it's translated and it's a bit too niche 4 me.

Most people want their Poke'mon and I don't want my first LP to be an awkward flop where even I can't understand the game.

I don't know if it's translated and it's a bit too niche 4 me.

Most people want their Poke'mon and I don't want my first LP to be an awkward flop where even I can't understand the game.

Then play the original, which is translated :D

Then play the original, which is translated :D

It would still require some learning because it's its own thing and eh...I find emulators way easier to LP with than stand alone programs, fast forwarding is the main reason why.

i for one am looking forward to this :3

Glac stop trying to bring people over to tpdp Touhoumon needs all the fans it can get.

But TPDP is better because it fixes things, so I shall continue despite what you say! You cannot tell me what to do! Edited by Glaceon Mage

I just hope the randomizer works with the hacks... D

Also, I'll let this stay up for one more day or so, then I'll start the LP. Share the word and don't give up on your favourite hack!

Edited by Floral Pattern

Awww, Purple is my favorite Touhoumon, but I understand.

And why did you put the hyper-masochistic World Link and Another World but no Aqua+Yui / Merry FR...? It's my favorite 1.5 Touhoumon...

Well, either way, Touhoumon is Touhoumon, and I enjoyed 1.8 FR (though not as much as Purple) so I'm voting for that. I'm looking forward to reading your LPs! Please make them entertaining~

And Annie, stop shoving TPDP down everyone's throats. He already said he's not gonna run TPDP for this Nuzlocke LP, so you should just leave it at that.

Awww, Purple is my favorite Touhoumon, but I understand.

And why did you put the hyper-masochistic World Link and Another World but no Aqua+Yui / Merry FR...? It's my favorite 1.5 Touhoumon...

Well, either way, Touhoumon is Touhoumon, and I enjoyed 1.8 FR (though not as much as Purple) so I'm voting for that. I'm looking forward to reading your LPs! Please make them entertaining~

And Annie, stop shoving TPDP down everyone's throats. He already said he's not gonna run TPDP for this Nuzlocke LP, so you should just leave it at that.

Because it's summer and I want the pain from this LP to wash away the pain of living.

Also, I'll try my best! I've read lots of LPs so I'll be stealing incorporating ideas!

P.S. "He"? I didn't find enough info on A+Y/Merry's and I thought that Enchanced and Blue covered the Kanto region well enough, sorry!

30 minutes till the poll ends, you quacks.

Edited by Floral Pattern

PART 1: INTRO AND STARTERS

NOTE: PLEASE give me some tips and critique, this is my first LP and I want it to be entertaining!

Welcome to the first part of my Randomized Touhoumon Enchanced Nuzlocke Run!

As this is the first part, I will be giving you some basic info regarding the rules and stuff:

What's randomized:

-Boneka Dolls Touhou in the area.

-Their base stats have been SHUFFLED around. What was once a tanky wall could be a speedy sweeper.

-Starters and their items.

-Movesets are changed, but they'll be in a logical order and will be themed by type.

-Trainer's Touhou.

-Items.

-HM/TM compatibility, logical and everyone can learn all HMs.

-Um...Some other stuff I already forget, ehehe~

Rules:

-Any Touhou that faints must be put in the PC..

-The player may only catch the first Touhou encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Touhou encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

-Every Touhou must be nicknamed.

Now then, let's start our Kanto adventure!

CjL7K96.png?1

Huh, neat. Aichiya Sanae is quite the big thing in the Touhoumon community as far as I know. I think they made World Link? Correct me if I'm wrong.

lP2JfgL.png?1

Even more custom title stuff hint at a high quality hack, which I, of course, ruined by breaking all balance and reason in it.

i9cEiEp.png?1

Ah, Chen and Wriggle, natural enemies, but of course.

flZ9Hln.png?1

I never understood this trend of covering Wriggle in her cape, it's cute and neat, but some sprites make her look like a shapeless blob.

F6D4ZD9.png?1

Hey, they even changed the flames to Reimu's amulets! This is giving me a false sense of security!

j610m61.png?1

Boneka...waifus...Mimi-Chan body pillow confirmed? Also, this screenie is from an experimental ROM I randomized earlier, the current one had Shanghai or Hourai instead of Mystia and her cute outfit.

s4jmKCk.png?1

Okay okay, holy cow. I know I might not look like it, but I'm actually 13, I just don't go outside and read a lot. The game knows. :wtf:

LKENsSz.png?1

Am I funny yet.

3pIxtMl.png?1

Forgive me. So, off we go!

XXNLHwc.png?1

We wake up and the first thing we do is grab a Potion from our PC, leave the house, walk into grass, meet Oak...You know the drill.

aE4h7VR.png?1

Sigh.

Starter Time!

VjEFGb4.png?1

This is Chibi Utsuho, a Fire type first seen in Subterranean Animism. She's a hell raven with the power to control nuclear fusion and fission. Has three possible evolutions.

ZBd6Qq5.png?1

This is Chibi Merlin, a Ghost type first seen in Perfect Cherry Blossom. She's a poltergeist that can perform on musical instruments without touching them and can play maniacal notes. Has two possible evolutions.

inej9ef.png?1

And surprisingly, our third starter is one of Touhou's main characters herself! This is Chibi Marisa, a Wind type witch first seen Story of Eastern Wonderland, one of the oldest Touhou games. Has four possible evolutions that either leave her as a Wind type or add Reason, Heart or Fire, so she can fill a variety of roles depending on our other party members.

You guys have around a day or two to vote for your favorite starter, keep in mind that their base stats are changed!

Edited by Floral Pattern

CUtsuho because muh arm canon bias.

Also, she's one of the best Boneka in the game, sooooooooo

Stats have been shuffled and movesets have been changed so everyone is pretty different. She could be anything.

Stats have been shuffled and movesets have been changed so everyone is pretty different. She could be anything.

o shit

Still go with her anyway because bias

Or do Marisa, second best choice

utsuho is the right choice in every choice involving utsuho Edited by Integrity

I flipped a Poke'mon Pearl cartridge and Marisa won, sorry Integrity! please don't hurt me

PART 2: UTSUHO IS A PLANT

Type_Chart.png

Hello! I'll just leave this type chart here, save it for future reference if you want! I'm not fully aware of what type does what, but Dream and Illusion are kind of a mix between Normal and Psychic moves, Reason is Psychic, Heart is mixed like Dream and Illusion if I'm not mistaken, Faith is kinda of its own thing, but has moves from many types, Beast is Normal, Miasma is Poison, Earth is Rock and Ground, Wind is all of the moves that use wind while Flying type is purely for pecking and wings and stuff and Nature is Grass.

7wwVdjr.png?1

Ladies, gentlemen and nonbinary pals, this is our starter. She is destined to never lose and be perfect.

She's carrying a Sacred Ash which is a cool, but useless item. It fully heals all fainted Touhou in your party, but since we're doing a Nuzlocke, we won't use that.

Maybe I'll use it in the final battle as a deus ex machina, hehehehe.

1Sm8B9t.png?1

Statistically, she's pretty cool. High special defense and average attack and speed. Not Marisa-like, but not bad. Her ability actually makes sense. She's known to collect mushrooms for her potions and spells, so I guess she has so many, that they release spores.

4s9o6YX.png?1

Now this is where the good part comes in. She starts off with Thundershock, which is a generic Wind type move and Pay Day, a physical (meaning it uses her superior attack stat instead of special attack) Illusion type move that gives you free money after the battle. Technically, she can make it literally rain money. I'm keeping this move.

7DFTPgb.png?1

sZN4noz.png?1

Here it is, our first battle! I wonder what Fire type move Utsuho will kn-

nLvvRZd.png?1

Oh, she knows Razor Leaf. That doesn't make much sense, but seeing as how we got Pay D-

ssFvQfC.png?1

What.

I set the randomizer to make most of a Touhou's moveset the same type as it is, I have no idea how Utsuho got two Nature moves.

k9jSfun.png?1

After winning against...Utsuho...We heal up and go into the tall grass of Route 1. Our first encounter is Miyako with Fury Cutter. Her first appearance is in Ten Desires and she's a Jiang Shi, a Chinese hopping zombie.

EikmbMi.png?1

This is a new feature of this hack, a room that allows you to listen to a bunch of Touhou songs.

9Keusjt.png?1

I couldn't use my earphones today, but I'm pretty sure that this is the normal trainer theme. Fitting for our starter.

Our other encounters on Route 1 are:

zUdFa40.png?1

ts61KVg.png?1

A generic Moon Rabbit, Gyokuto in Japanese. I've heard some people refer to it as Reisen II, but it is actually, just a generic Moon Rabbit.

jsnCrjF.png?1

Sara, a character from the PC-98 era. Her only appearance is in Mystic Square and she's probably a demon.

KWDFj4K.png?1

Orange! The orange is the fruit of the citrus species Citrus × sinensis in the family Rutaceae. The fruit of the Citrus × sinensis is considered a sweet orange, whereas the fruit of the Citrus × aurantium is considered a bitter orange.

i3LZU7l.png?1

We reach Viridian, get some spoilers for the Three Fairies of Light...

JrXgaxf.png?1

Grab the parcel...

fFLDrfh.png?1

And get ourself...an artbook? Seriously? Since when are artbooks "high tech encyclopedias"? Maybe if it's a tablet of sorts, but still. I like the idea, but eh.

BafJodD.png?1

[/img]

And some...Easy Orbs. Huh. This is a whole new level of "take it easy". I wonder if the yukkuri are in this hack? :3

puX2n8Z.png?1

And as always, we go back to Viridian and get forced to watch the dumb tutorial. That's Rikako by the way. She's a scientist from the PC-98 era, Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream. She doesn't like magic.

I wonder what an old man will do with an attractive young scientist...Ew.

abu5zzK.png?1

I know this is innocent, but the internet ruined the word "daddy" for me. The fact that it's a child saying this makes it even worse.

Anyways, onto Route 2, we encounter...

iJQSY6B.png?1

Kisume! She's a Tsurube-otoshi, strange creatures that ambush people by dropping down on them. Her only appearance is in Subterranean Animism, the same game Utsuho is...

w41zd4c.png?1

And our Mary Sue knocks it out with one hit, I didn't expect it to be that weak and I forgot it's part Water.

I hope Utsuho doesn't get revenge...

Edited by Floral Pattern

Because it's summer and I want the pain from this LP to wash away the pain of living.

Also, I'll try my best! I've read lots of LPs so I'll be stealing incorporating ideas!

Well, writing entertaining commentary helps with dealing with the suffering from getting rekt in the game, imo. Have fun~

P.S. "He"?

Crap, oops... Sorry, I kinda pictured you as a male even after my imouto corrected me. Sorry about that, I'll try to be careful next time.

I didn't find enough info on A+Y/Merry's and I thought that Enchanced and Blue covered the Kanto region well enough, sorry!

Well, I love Aqua + Yui, but I'm biased because it was my first ever Touhoumon. Achiya Sanae's 1.8 FR is still good though, so I'm okay with this.

not quoting the actual LP post because it's filled with screenies

> Touhou in the area

I still disapprove of using the term "Touhou" to refer to the characters, but eh

> Their base stats have been SHUFFLED around.

...I'm gonna assume you have a lot of experience with Nuzlockes because this sounds pretty masochistic

> CjL7K96.png?1

Huh, neat. Aichiya Sanae is quite the big thing in the Touhoumon community as far as I know. I think they made World Link? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yup Aichiya Sanae made World Link

> Am I funny yet.

Memebel is eh, but Rekto is a great and fitting name!

> You guys have around a day or two to vote for your favorite starter, keep in mind that their base stats are changed!

Regardless of how the base stats changed, the only answer is...

utsuho is the right choice in every choice involving utsuho

^

btw you can create a poll in this thread for starter choices (and other future decisions).

Edited by Rainbow

Ah, no biggie, many people just assume I identify as male because you know, video games. But honestly, it doesn't matter to me, pronouns aren't a big deal for me. And sorry, I thought it sounded better, I'll refer to them as dolls. Also, no, this is pretty much my first Nuzlocke~

Well, it's not because of video games in this case, but I just never bothered to check your listed Gender and just assumed based on your posting style. Sorry about that.

First Nuzlocke is a randomized run, oh boy...

Also, whoops, didn't notice the update!

Heh, Marisa having higher Atk than SpA

Utsuho with two Nature moves? Are you sure the randomizer didn't alter typings...?

CMiyako, huh? Not sure why they used her family name instead of her given name (Yoshika). You captured it, right?

Gyokuto isn't exactly a generic Moon Rabbit. She is the specific Moon Rabbit that was adopted by the Watatsuki sisters in SSiB, and they named her "Reisen" (as a replacement of the previous Reisen, hence why some fans call her Reisen II.

As for the Easy Orb, I'm not sure if you're pretending to be clueless but eh, I won't spoil why it's called that then~

Looking forward to the next update!

btw what is your policy on loading save files for this Nuzlocke run? Obviously you'd allow saving at the end of a session and loading the save file at the start of the next session, but what else? Would you be okay with loading your save file to erase an unpleasant outcome? Would it be based on whether anyone died or not? I'm kinda curious because this can have a huge impact in Nuzlocke runs.

Edited by Rainbow

No, I didn't have Balls yet so I couldn't catch her, I didn't get anything from Route 1. And nope, the typings have not been changed and thanks for the Reisen thing! Also, no idea why they're called that. And nope, save states are only used from session to session, but the third part...

P.S. Huh, most people tell me that I sound like a teenage popular girl because I use "omg" and "like" a lot, I never knew I wrote in a masculine way.

Edited by Floral Pattern