Your Favorite Unpopular Units

I married Shura as well and I don't regret it. We are now a family of Adventurers.

I have to say, Izana's support with Kana has to be my favorite of all the dads. The fact that he calls him Squishbubble, Kana-bun and Kana Kabana is the cutest thing I've read ever.

Oh yeah, Izana's is adorable as heck. Such a good character.

Not a dad, but I love how Peri sings along with Kana. Instantly made me love her, even though she has only 1 other good support.

Reina in particular really surprised me with how much I liked her. Really wish she had more supports.

I can't believe I forgot about Reina in my original post.

I would have gay married her if she were an option. She's seriously the best. You have solid taste.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Shura a lot. Not sure why. I probably have a type, since I married Priam in Awakening. Not the most useful unit outside of Conquest (though Boots are a pretty big deal), but the only guy I'll marry in Birthright. His interactions with Kana are great if you get DLC/do their supports. Yeah, I know that the supports are essentially the same for every parent of Kana, but each character adds a different touch to the supports. I like his touch a lot.

I also don't really have a problem with Corrin. I think a lot of the idealization comes from the fact that their siblings pamper them, which extends to the retainers of the siblings. Corrin was raised alone in a tower, so of course s/he is going to be naive, sometimes foolish, and understandably "whiny." I just think people don't like Corrin because s/he isn't a total bad ass or something.

I like almost every 1st gen in Conquest (though most of the characters in Birthright don't appeal to me).

Yukimura is underrated, as are Hinata, Charlotte, Peri (understandably), Benny, and Mitama.

Alternatively: My least favorite popular character is Selena. Pretty much insufferable.

I... actually agree with you, on the bolded part.

In the hopes that maybe the thread won't fall into disuse and wither away, I will post one last topic of discussion. Izana. One of my all-time favorite units that a lot of people don't seem to like. If you wish to discuss or ask my personal opinion about him, then please feel free to do so.

Edited by KoolioKenneth

I like Izana, he's alright. I found him amusing when he showed up in story (though his Revelation death, along with Scarlet's, is stupid). Especially his introduction in Birthright. As a unit, I only got him on my last run of Birthright, and I mostly just used him to heal people from a distance with Wane Festals (so he wouldn't drag people down with Peacebringer) or as an emergency magic-tank (for when Orochi was busy being an awesome magical nuke and surprisingly speedy thanks to Kagero support and Horse Spirit (seriously, I think she might've ended up faster than him with those things, though she was also like 5-7 levels higher) and Felicia was off making Hinata more awesome and Shura was murdering fliers and healing elsewhere) in the last few chapters where I started having 16 deployment slots and only 14 characters I felt comfortable fielding (and Ryoma, who was usable, mostly thanks to his constant Skill and Speed gains and the Raijinto, but wound up a bit too squishy for me; Hinata did better on that run, mostly because he could take a few hits when he failed to dodge them, which wasn't that often after getting the Hagakure Blade), but he was alright for those purposes. I never bothered with his supports, but I'll guess that they're good. Dude shouldn't have been limited to just Corrin and Kana for supports. And he should've gotten a better personal skill (maybe a sort of rally-command-thing that makes nearby units deal and take less damage for one turn? Just so it isn't an always-on Voice of Peace that affects my guys too).

Edited by eclipse
Yes, that's a spoiler