Hiya~

CureRainbow

Hey guys, call me Rainy. After seeing Robin and Lucina in Smash 4 I became interested in the Fire Emblem franchise, particularly the 3DS series. So far I've only played Awakening and Fates (Birthright and Conquest, but I know what happens in Revelation), but some of the older games do seem pretty fun! Unfortunately I don't have the right consoles to play them, though...

So, yeah. Nice to meet you?

Welcome to Airport 1001! Look out for ELMA-DS, it's pretty nasty. Also, the Death Rogumer has been spotted nearby...

Welcome, unfortunately a lot of the older games can be pretty expensive to get a hold of a legit copy, but I think the GBA games are on the Wii U virtual console, if you have a Wii U.

There's piracy, but IS doesn't like pirates. I guess that's why we haven't had a playable pirate since the GBA.

Welcome to the Forest, CureRainbow!

As Rezzy said, if you own a Wii U, you can buy the GBA entries of the series (2 out of 3) FE7 and FE8.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Welcome! Definitely check up on the stories for the older games if you do not have the console to play them! However, if you really do wish to play them, i suggest using an emulator!

As others have said, FE7 (Fire Emblem) (and FE8 (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) I think) are available to buy for the Wii U virtual console for a few quid.

If you don't want to sink cash into games you don't know you will like yet, using an emulator and ROMs and playing it on your computer/laptop are perfectly fine. Just be sure to get a legit copy later on (or not). I think FE8 is a lot of fun and also has the best music in the series, I'd suggest at least giving it a go.

Edited by Raven

Welcome to the community, CureRainbow!

Getting into the older games can be hard if you started with Awakening or Fates, but you still might find a few you enjoy.