Should some of the children in Fates "return" in the next game?

Rend Keaven

137 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see some of Fates children "return" in the next FE game?

• Yes, it was a fun idea in Fates and can expand the story of these characters.
    • No, I'd rather see new characters and it's a lazy attempt to expand the roster.
    • Meh,

I'm actually in favor of stronger connections between the FE games, with guest characters like the Awakening trio here, but I don't think Fates' children are really popular enough for that. The only reason you're even suggesting them is just because Fates itself did it with Awakening children characters, but in that case Owain and Inigo were some of the most popular male characters overall in Awakening, at least, not just among children. The only real tag along was Severa, who was there just to keep the "future children" pattern but actually had fairly low popularity compared to many 1st gen women.

If anything, the ones taking a role like that next time would need to be characters like Xander, Leo and Camilla if we go by popularity, although obviously in their case making a story justification for their return would be harder, since it's more likely that they'd appear alongside Nohr troops for some reason, rather than randomly appearing by themselves.

Edited by NeonZ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I would have voted yes, but I only voted against it because there's no child character I particularly adore from Fates that I'd want to see in another installment. I don't mind as much for Fates' involvement of Awakening kids because I personally love them, but I think doing it a second time might be pushing it. But it's likely to happen if it would get more fans to play the future games. o:

EDIT: By "Awakening kids" I mean the Inigo, Owain, and Severa trio. I really quite disliked the recycled children with randomly letterswapped names?? get outta here asugi. caeldori. RHAJAT who thought that name was okay she's eternally tharja to me. It makes me kind of mad that their designs and general personalities and quirks were just carried over rather than giving several characters their own original children. It makes you wonder what you missed out on, you know?

Edited by interconnecteddream

I know I wanted to see how Saizo's kid would really turn out if he wasn't an expy. Since Tsubaki and Hayato are slightly retooled versions of Cordelia and Ricken them getting another Cordelia expy and Tharja wasn't that much of waste. Not that I mind those two since I prefer them many times more than the people they were based on and would have loved that they got original kids as well, but Saizo was an original character in a sense and he got stuck with an expy kid.

Edited by Raguna

No, while I liked the development Severa, Inigo, and Owain recieved, I didn't like how they were thrown into the story as it caused even more issues with the plot. Plus, none of the kids in Fates I feel are as likeable as them, so I wouldn't want to see them brought back for the next game.

No. I'm not too happy about seeing characters in fates that resemble characters from awakening so much- it really confused me at first to be honest. I haven't returned to awakening since I started playing fates but I'm pretty sure these similarities are going to mess with my head when I do. I get attached to certain characters or dislike them usually and this just makes a big mess of it all, for me.

I'm still playing birthright but I've seen Odin in quite a few castles and in chapter.. 19? ..and I have to say, I liked Owain's crazy character so I don't really mind having him appear here character-wise but I'd really rather not see all these remakes and I don't like the very implausible background stories on how certain characters reappear. (story-wise I preferred time-travel to the deeprealms, as well) So in that aspect I would have preferred Odin to not be Owain as well.

As much as I'm loving fates so far, to me it feels lazy, as if they didn't want to spend time creating new characters for a new story. :/

(story-wise I preferred time-travel to the deeprealms, as well)

As much as I'm loving fates so far, to me it feels lazy, as if they didn't want to spend time creating new characters for a new story. :/

The problem with Fates is that the developers knew that the children were a large success in Awakening. The thing about that is that they were all integrated into Awakening's story and had place in the plot, especially Lucina though that goes without saying.

The issue with the Fates kids is that they're seriously not needed. They don't add to or detract from the plot in any way. They're just out of place. Additionally, the kids are largely spoiled (before anyone hassles me over this I'm speaking regarding my personal experiences and haven't yet recruited all of them) and just come across as a little arrogant.

I appreciate them trying to do things differently, but the Deeprealms are an effort that fell flat on its face. Really, the only Parent-Child supports I actually felt something about were Ophelia and Soleil's A Supports with their fathers. Probably because they at least alluded to the truth.

I do love returning characters and I love seeing how they can be further expanded on, but very few kids are a good outcome in Fates.

It's kind of difficult to say for me.

I have my handful of favorite kids that I like that I would like to see get some character development (if IS learns how to write characters without revolving them around a single gimmick) but, on the other hand, I want them to focus on a newer cast of character without needing to ride on the success of Fates. I guess I could settle on the children having some brief cameo bits, like some randy soldiers mentioning a legendary knight named Ignatius or the characters mentioning a famous clothes designer named Forrest.

Edited by SaiSymbolic