Stream Schedule  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What should I stream/LP first? *see details on runs in spoilers*

• Shining Force 2
    • Lufia 2
    • Secret of Evermore
    • Undertale
    • XCOM 2

So I'm officially making a thread for my Backlog and Stream promises, so I can keep track of my own gosh darn obligations. I finally opened up my ElGato capture card so I can stream from my WiiU/PS3/XB360...and I'm looking for a RGB<->HDMI converter to plug my SNES/N64/GC into (plus I have a bunch of games on STEAM I haven't played yet). I can hold myself to this with an official compiled thread binding me, now that I have my rebuilt PC that functions properly.

Anyway; notes n' stuff:

Join my Discord to chat with me and keep up with announcements ahead of this thread.

Elieson's Twitch
Tuesdays Thursdays, 11p-1a EST

[spoiler=...:::Running Lets Plays:::...]
I Am Setsuna and I am definitely Blindrunning this

• Clearly a blind run, as the game just came out. Got it on sale, so streaming it as MY FIRST OFFICIAL LIVESTREAM

[spoiler=...:::To-Do Lets Plays:::...]
Shining Force 2 "Shimmying Farce Too"

• A How-To Shining Force 2, with inserts from SF users from this thread

Undertale "Life Without a Heart"

• Genocide Any%

XCOM 2 "I'm a Veteran and This is Hell"

• Feat. N7 Commander John as Co-Commander
  • Veteran mode Mock-Iron Man (Cosmetic hacks occasionally glitch out Iron Man permanently, but I won't do restarts anyway)
  • Ruler DLC to up difficulty

Klok's FE7 Chaos Mode "Father Son Run"

• Just Complete the damn thing, Elie!

Lufia 2 "Dekar's the best, also Ancient Cave"

• Focus on Ancient Cave with Dekar party

Secret of Evermore "Playing B-rated games about B-rated movies!"

• Nothing special, just a standard Game LP about a boy, a dog and their bone

Anyway, I have access to just about every Nintendo/Sega console from SNES/Genesis onward (including a real live Super Famicom), as I have a friend who does streams and has a butt-ton of games. Any suggestions with method-of-play will be appreciated. Though TBH I'd prefer not to have super long games recommended.

Edited by Elieson

• 4 weeks later...

So I splurged on I Am Setsuna last night, and just finished setting up OBS and my Twitch account.

I'll be streaming I Am Setsuna tonight for a few friends. If anybody wants to join me, I'll be running the game from 11p until about 2a EST tonight.

If the streaming goes well, in terms of functionality and all, then I'll set up for Shining Force 2 (on Tuesdays...get it? 2? Tuesdays?)

Edited by Elieson

Yo, if it's the normal Elgato Game Capture HD (and not the 1080p 60fps one) RGB (more correct term is composite in this case) plugs into the Component converter that comes with it. You just plug in the yellow to the red component input.

Edited by shadowofchaos

That was Embarassing!

2 game overs, and 8 failed attempts at properly menu'ing, as well as FUSION's inability to create a .SAV for my darn game resulting in an unexpected crash 90 minutes in forcing me to restart entirely. This was a disaster of a night!

Anyway, I'm opening up a Discord chat for people who just wanna chillax with me on Streaming Nights and/or just chat about whatever oldschool gaming stuff.

If you wanna join my Discord, feel free to hop in, if I'm not on the Smash discord that is. I'll just make regular announcements and talk about whatever with ya

Elie's Discord

Yo, if it's the normal Elgato Game Capture HD (and not the 1080p 60fps one) RGB (more correct term is composite in this case) plugs into the Component converter that comes with it. You just plug in the yellow to the red component input.

FWIW mine is the HD60 one, which lacks a Compoent slot :/

gchd60_parts_original.png?AWSAccessKeyId

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I got myself a webcam yesterday at a local Hasting's that is going out of business (swag discounts), and hooked it up. I've changed my Lufia 2 and Shining Force 2 layouts some to reflect it, and I'll now be streaming with my face on-screen, so you can all see me and my glorious computer closet :D

I've also got a bot scripted out for Twitch Chat that's gonna be able to do a few things. For a few things, go ahead and just type !chest and !quotes (and if you're ambitious, fill up my !quotes pool with !addquote INSERT QUOTE HERE.) It'll hopefully make the nights more entertaining and the stream more fun to be a part of!

Also, I'll be going live again tomorrow & Wednesday (probably not Thursday), as I need to start recording myself streaming for upcoming competitive runs of Lufia 2's Ancient Cave. Timing should be the same...so I'll hopefully see a few of ya'll tomorrow night

Edited by Elieson

Burning out some lufia2 tonight because i have a few hours https://www.twitch.tv/the_elieson

Made a Personal Best in ancient save speedrunning last night (under 100 minutes), so tonight, I'm celebrating by streaming again~

*Edit

I'm calling it a night, but just topped my last run by 2 seconds. PROGRESS

Edited by Elieson

• 2 weeks later...

Goin live with Lufia 2 Ancient Cave again. I gotttta get a recording of killing the jelly!

One more time, gonna be on for like 4-5 hours tonight