Four FE Fates Drama CDs + Collector's Bundle

VincentASM

Otomart just added details for four new drama CDs, plus a collector's box that contains the four CDs and some bonus stuff. Unfortunately, they removed the listings, but I had the page open so I managed to grab the details.

Link here

Some general comments...

The Birthright drama CDs seem to be from Takumi’s perspective, before he’s recruited in the storyline. So the first one may occur around the time Corrin returns to Hoshido, while the second one may take place near the Branch of Fate.

Meanwhile, the Conquest drama CDs are probably from female Corrin’s perspective. The first one obviously occurs during Corrin’s isolation in the Northern Fortress, while the second one seems to be slice-of-life fun in My Castle.

Interestingly, the characters featured are primarily the ones that ranked high in the official Japanese popularity polls. Most notably, Leo and Takumi are explicitly mentioned in the description blurb, while female Corrin and Takumi both have leading roles.

The other thing of major interest is the new character artwork, presumably by Yusuke Kozaki. If you stare hard at the pictures of the stickers, you can make out new artwork of Hinata, Niles and Odin. Will there be more in the booklets?

Interestingly, the characters featured are primarily the ones that ranked high in the official Japanese popularity polls. Most notably, Leo and Takumi are explicitly mentioned in the description blurb, while female Corrin and Takumi both have leading roles

They really value those polls a lot, don't they? Not only do they determine which characters get special artwork, but also which ones will appear in other games and forms of media.

Haha, well, I for one am glad that polls have a purpose.

Yes, they do a fine job of telling me certain people have no taste.

Except that recent Brexit one >___<

Ah, yes, you have my sympathies for that one. During my year abroad I met some lovely Brits who were shocked and appalled by the result.

Funnily enough, I think part of my family represents the two sides rather well: a few less educated ones went "oh yeaaaah, British independence, alriiiight, this bodes well for [our country]" (spoilers: it doesn't), while my father, who has worked in the EU to actually improve the situation of refugees and the like, just said "well, at least Putin's happy".

Seems interesting, in particular the Birrhright drama.

I admit I would have liked if It was during when Takumi e Ryoma were separated by the nohrian forces tough, since we just know that Takumi fell in the bottomless canyon and Ryoma went to Cheve after that.

Seems interesting, in particular the Birrhright drama.

I admit I would have liked if It was during when Takumi e Ryoma were separated by the nohrian forces tough, since we just know that Takumi fell in the bottomless canyon and Ryoma went to Cheve after that.

It might touch upon that, depending on the timing. The titles are very vague and I can't access the individual page for the CD since Otomart removed it : /

will they finally answer the continent's name?

Interestingly, the characters featured are primarily the ones that ranked high in the official Japanese popularity polls. Most notably, Leo and Takumi are explicitly mentioned in the description blurb, while female Corrin and Takumi both have leading roles.

Similiar thing happened with the Drama CD where Henry, Lon'qu, Cordelia, Gaius and Tharja were high up in the main casts that showed up in the Awakening Drama CDs.

Awwwwww it would have been kind of funny and cool if there was a drama CD with just the children, like how 2 of the Awakening drama CDs centered around the children. One of them being about their Future of Despair (angstangstangstangst) and the other being a more light hearted one where they try to find Lucina's tiara.

I saw a post on tumblr of the characters that are to be featured (though I didn't know if it was for the first one or for all the drama CD's collectively), but I was a bit surprised to not see Jakob, Felicia, or Camilla on the list :0 Or any of the other Royal sisters for that matter since they ranked pretty high.

Here's the post in question if anyone is curious: http://instantlylefttrash.tumblr.com/post/147987948762/so-theres-going-to-be-a-fates-drama-cd-released

So excited to see new character art by Kozaki. Hopefully all of the characters get some good ol' official art.

I may give these CDs a listen, cos I didn't really listen at all to the Awakening ones. I'm not much of a Drama CD guy, but I enjoy these characters enough to give it a try.