What do you want out of a main FE lord?

Dinar87

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want her to be a morally infallible good girl. She will have lilac hair and will use lances.

Her family is the reigning rulers of a smaller duchy. Her struggle will come from liberating her small land from the evil empire that is trying to constrict the life out of the smaller lands.

Her best stats will be Luck, Resistance, and Speed. Her growths will overall be pretty decent. I'm picturing somewhere in the middle of Eirika and Ephraim usage wise.

Other characters will tend to respect her, but most people won't actually even know how she is at first.

I'd like another lord that sorta follows Ike's footsteps and isn't a noble or royal. It makes for a more unique story right now instead of the usual prince/noble fights off invading country/bad guys and grows into a worthy king/queen.

Sure, there's still one country invading another even in PoR, but that's what war is. And an FE game isn't FE without some kind of war. But PoR is more about Ike's growth into someone who could look after his father's mercenary company and someone who could lead effectively. Helping and protecting Elincia was pretty much the big test for him.

I would also like a female lord who stands on her own for once that isn't an Avatar. No more of this sharing with a male or getting overshadowed by a male business.

Less blue hair too. more variety in colors, plz.

I made a female non-noble/royal lord with dark red hair for my fic for these reasons, pretty much. Her best stats are speed, magic, and resistance even though she starts out with only swords. However, her strength is still decent enough to where she wouldn't be total crap and her "ultimate" weapon is a magic lance that takes full advantage of that magic stat. Yes, she gains lances upon promotion.

Edited by Anacybele

I want a lord to have personality instead of just being mister morally perfect. I mean, being a good guy through and through is a good thing, especially for a main character you have to sympathize for, but that needs to stop being the only trait of the main lord.

I hope the main lord of the next game isn't a noble. And not the quasi-noble thing that Ike was (he inherits the command of the Greil Mercs from his father, but he's different from a noble, I swear!). Just some street urchin who joined the army to avoid starving to death that subsequently gets mixed up in some serious shit.

I would prefer a noble lord, but I'm willing to have a non noble. I haven't understood what makes non noble's more relatable than noble's, though; what exactly makes Ike any more relatable than Marth, or Ephraim? I'd also love a tough female lord, and preferably a noble one, but whatever. That isn't essential to a good lord. Here, for me, are what is essential to a good lord:

1. Smart. FE is a strategy game, so to me the most important element of a believable protagonist for the series is to have them be at least good at strategy and tactics, or become good at them as part of their development (this happens with Ike and Elincia, for example). They don't have to be geniuses; Marth and Roy both were decent leaders, but it wasn't a big part of their personality. Just for the love of God, don't have the protagonist be an idiot like a certain recent FE avatar. This is also why I like Ephraim so much; it's good to have a hero who would actually believably do well in war. Micaiah is pretty good too.

2. Developed. You know what the worst part of Sacred Stones is? That Eirika starts out the game as naive, and she's still pretty damned naive at the end. Ephraim at least learns to not be so reckless and to be a good leader, but Eirika? She's giving the Mcguffin to the big bad in Chapter 18! I want the lord to start out with flaws, and then lose some of them by the end of the story.

3. Good. If we're going to use them for the whole game, they should be one of the best units in the game. Otherwise you have situations like Roy, and we don't want Roy, do we?

I would also like to see a Mage lord, somewhat like Micaiah. In my FE game that I'm thinking up in my head one of the lords is a Mage Prince who's very book smart but not street smart, in both common sense and tactics. I think what you can do with a Mage lord hasn't really been explored enough.

Edited by blah the Prussian

I would prefer a noble lord, but I'm willing to have a non noble. I haven't understood what makes non noble's more relatable than noble's, though; what exactly makes Ike any more relatable than Marth, or Ephraim? I'd also love a tough female lord, and preferably a noble one, but whatever. That isn't essential to a good lord. Here, for me, are what is essential to a good lord:

1. Smart. FE is a strategy game, so to me the most important element of a believable protagonist for the series is to have them be at least good at strategy and tactics, or become good at them as part of their development (this happens with Ike and Elincia, for example). They don't have to be geniuses; Marth and Roy both were decent leaders, but it wasn't a big part of their personality. Just for the love of God, don't have the protagonist be an idiot like a certain recent FE avatar. This is also why I like Ephraim so much; it's good to have a hero who would actually believably do well in war. Micaiah is pretty good too.

2. Developed. You know what the worst part of Sacred Stones is? That Eirika starts out the game as naive, and she's still pretty damned naive at the end. Ephraim at least learns to not be so reckless and to be a good leader, but Eirika? She's giving the Mcguffin to the big bad in Chapter 18! I want the lord to start out with flaws, and then lose some of them by the end of the story.

3. Good. If we're going to use them for the whole game, they should be one of the best units in the game. Otherwise you have situations like Roy, and we don't want Roy, do we?

I would also like to see a Mage lord, somewhat like Micaiah. In my FE game that I'm thinking up in my head one of the lords is a Mage Prince who's very book smart but not street smart, in both common sense and tactics. I think what you can do with a Mage lord hasn't really been explored enough.

I agree with you (mostly with the things where you mentioned Micaiah)

I want a lord that pretty much everyone has suggested! just with more sass!

Srsly tho, I want a lord that's pretty good stat wise, but not that much that you can totally solo the game with(looking at you, Sigurd...).And the lord should be smart and clever, or be such a person that has his flaws, but fixes most of them later on as the progresses.

I guess a lord that's pretty much a healing class type would be an interesting idea too?

I'd love to see a lord who starts off a morally questionable but improves as the game progresses...kinda like Jill from PoR. I'm bored of FE lords that are 100% morally perfect or don't have any significant flaws. It's why I like Ike in PoR but not so much in RD as he has some flaws in the first game but seems like a gary stu in the second.

Edited by Dinar87

I want a FE Lord that has the ability to lead, even if they think they don't.

Someone who learns from their and others mistakes.

Someone who, while struggling with hardships, can still keep on a smile or can still give encouragement to those that follow them.

They don't need to be the strongest one around, just capable of the tasks at hand.

Someone who is down to earth and you can understand and/or sympathize with.

I just want an FE lord to be...well...someone that a real person could feel like and say "if I was in the situation, I would probably do that or choose that".

......ok,Maybe that's stretching things a bit, but it's easier to understand or relate to a character when you feel like they are kinda reacting like a real person would in their current situation...if that makes any sense.

Heck, it would interesting to see a FE Lord start out unsure and afraid to lead others because they don't want to be responsible for the death of anyone, but grows into someone that realizes that they have what it takes to be a leader because they care for the lives of those who follow them and want to end the current conflict with whoever they can and as many people as they can.

Edit: And maybe have them be a bit sarcastic......I like good sarcasm. ;3

Which class doesn't matter either, but maybe let them have OTHER weapon choices than Swords(heck, give them dark magic to spice things up!)

I'd like another lord that sorta follows Ike's footsteps and isn't a noble or royal. It makes for a more unique story right now instead of the usual prince/noble fights off invading country/bad guys and grows into a worthy king/queen.

Sure, there's still one country invading another even in PoR, but that's what war is. And an FE game isn't FE without some kind of war. But PoR is more about Ike's growth into someone who could look after his father's mercenary company and someone who could lead effectively. Helping and protecting Elincia was pretty much the big test for him.

I would also like a female lord who stands on her own for once that isn't an Avatar. No more of this sharing with a male or getting overshadowed by a male business.

I can second this.

Climbing the ranks to BECOME a noble/royal kinda shows that they worked to get where they are. Nothing against those who are already nobles, but the growth in comparison is much different.......both are still interesting though!

The hair or gender can be whichever, but a female lord would be a nice change of pace though...

Edited by Busterman64

I made a female non-noble/royal lord with dark red hair for my fic for these reasons, pretty much. Her best stats are speed, magic, and resistance even though she starts out with only swords. However, her strength is still decent enough to where she wouldn't be total crap and her "ultimate" weapon is a magic lance that takes full advantage of that magic stat. Yes, she gains lances upon promotion.

Red hair magic lance sounds awesome. This is a refreshing change of pace in every way (red hair, lance, magic, excelling at resistance)!

Red hair magic lance sounds awesome. This is a refreshing change of pace in every way (red hair, lance, magic, excelling at resistance)!

So like Petrine from PoR with red hair?

Someone who isn't universally hailed by the cast as the best thing since sliced bread or the second coming of Jesus or whatever, that makes mistakes and learns from them, but actually starts with enough knowledge that I won't want to punch their idiotic face.

And give them green hair and a bow to start as a bonus.

do any of you actually realize that making all of your characters "anti-Corrin" is just as bad as Corrin was?

people are irrationally mad about Corrin so they now want characters like Leif who are just as bad

Leif literally does nothing but make mistake after mistake. Thracia could not happen and Seliph could probably still win. Corrin and Leif are both the worst Lords in the series for the opposite reasons, yet it seems that everyone is blinded by how much they dislike avatars

Everyone says their characters are "flawed," but in what way? Most of these ideas aren't actually new flaw. Chances are, Marth already did it better. Why not have a character who's illiterate or something? That's probably not a particularly great idea, but making mistakes or slightly naive or whatever isn't really new. Especially if you try to make it a point that not everyone likes them.

Edited by Enigmar

do any of you actually realize that making all of your characters "anti-Corrin" is just as bad as Corrin was?

people are irrationally mad about Corrin so they now want characters like Leif who are just as bad

Leif literally does nothing but make mistake after mistake. Thracia could not happen and Seliph could probably still win. Corrin and Leif are both the worst Lords in the series for the opposite reasons, yet it seems that everyone is blinded by how much they dislike avatars

And yet Lief isn't treated as a perfect being by all who meet him (just the opposite!). He gets told off and his errors are treated as errors rather than characters forgiving them when by all means they should be furious.

And yet Lief isn't treated as a perfect being by all who meet him (just the opposite!). He gets told off and his errors are treated as errors rather than characters forgiving them when by all means they should be furious.

This is all fine and good, but absolutely no one likes Leif, and Leif makes nothing but error after error after error.

Leif liberates Manster and defeats Veld. That's literally the only thing he does. When I say anti-Corrin, I'm being serious. A character like Leif who gets nothing but hard times is just as bad.

Everyone says their characters are "flawed," but in what way? Most of these ideas aren't actually new flaw. Chances are, Marth already did it better. Why not have a character who's illiterate or something? That's probably not a particularly great idea, but making mistakes or slightly naive or whatever isn't really new. Especially if you try to make it a point that not everyone likes them.

Who said they wanted "Anti Corrin"(anti is opposite...and that creates another problem, right...)? We want to see other approachs to an FE lord. We aren't specifically saying we want them completely flawed, but that they GROW into better people. That's kinda human nature. We make mistakes in life, but we learn from them and become better for it and grow from experiences so that we can avoid making the same or similar mistakes again.

Also, it isn't just Corrin with issues. Other Lords have issues too.

This is all fine and good, but absolutely no one likes Leif, and Leif makes nothing but error after error after error.

Leif liberates Manster and defeats Veld. That's literally the only thing he does. When I say anti-Corrin, I'm being serious. A character like Leif who gets nothing but hard times is just as bad.

I know a couple people who consider Leif their favorite lord because he makes mistakes and gets called out on them, making him and the characters surrounding him feel more human.

And there's probably more on top of the ones I know (like Shezzy).

Like, I get there are people who like Corrin, but this really is a matter of opinion and stuff, so it'd be nice if you didn't call people out on hating the in-universe praise and wanting someone who's not treated as perfect.

A noble blue haired sword weilding Lord that's as useful as SD Marth or Roy. I'm sorry Ana, but Ike's non noble status is one of the reasons I don't like his characterization, his actual character is a different can of worms altogether, kinda like how I love Nohrrin, but I HATE how characters treat him. Ike should of been Deke or Ogma in POR's plot, with more plot importance, but some egghead decided his conflict with the burger king made him important enough for Lord status.

I'd also like seeing the FE7 setup return, I liked having 3 different main characters that were all developed very well, and due to IS's insistence on having avatars, not a bad thing imo but still, this would be a better way to have the avatar be a lord with out risking the Corrin outrage again.

Healer Lord when?

I'd like a lord who starts of as an actual peasant rather than the head of some mercenary group or something like that. A character that grows out of his/her flaws and is good in battle.

1. I want a lord who is cunning in an asshole kind of way, like Leo.
2. I don't care if he or she has blue hair, but maybe go back to Roy/Eliwood's style.
3. Make the hero have to work their way to be a strong leader, instead of giving the silver spoon because of their inheritance.

4. Make the hero face an obstacle and make him or her feel like shit about it.
5. They can have siblings but don't have too many or at least have 1 or 2 that are playable units to keep the incest themes to a minimum.

So basically...
1. Have the lord start off as a non-noble and work their way up.
2. Have them make SOME mistakes and have there be significant consequences for them.
3. Don't have them be an idiot.
4. Have the lord be a very different class from most sword wielding lords. Maybe purely magic or knife wielding?
5. Have them start off with some flaws and grow out of them as the story progresses

Edited by Dinar87

So basically...

1. Have the lord start off as a non-noble and work their way up.

2. Have them make SOME mistakes and have there be significant consequences for them.

3. Don't have them be an idiot.

4. Have the lord be a very different class from most sword wielding lords. Maybe purely magic or knife wielding?

5. Have them start off with some flaws and grow out of them as the story progresses

Guess you can say that sums things up mostly! ;3

But you forgot the most important thing......the hair color!

Hair color=Power Levels don't ya know? ;P

(Ok, jokes aside...)That and maybe have a definite female FE lord (no gender choices) this time around. We need to spice things up! ;3