Pairing Advice for Soleil and Nina

CooledEvergreen

These two are characters I've liked personality-wise, but have also had a hard time using, and now that I'm going to play through Conquest for a second time soon, I was hoping to change that.

I'm pretty much willing to pair Laslow/Niles with pretty much anyone if it means a more effective Soleil/Nina. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Camilla!Nina is pretty good. I wouldn't recommend people like Peri who are frail, as it makes Nina extremely weak defensively. Like Nyx's defense type of weak.

I haven't used Soleil more than once, so I can't help with her.

Try Azura!Soleil, it give you a super fast ninja.

I second this.

Peri!Soleil is also pretty good, since it patches up Laslow's relatively low Resistance, but it leaves her a bit vulnerable on the physical side, which is a small tradeoff for the incredibly useful Cavalier skills (Aegis, Defender, Luna and Armored Blow come to mind).

As for Nina, my personal recommendation would be Charlotte as a mother. Since Niles himself will be using the Shining Bow (if you plan on using him), it is never a bad idea to gear Nina more to the physical side of things. It may be situational (i.e. only do it when you know you won't be using Bowzu or Bowknight!Selena), but I had some pretty good results.

[i hope this is easy to read.]

If you don't mind me asking, do you have anyone else paired up?

Soleil wants a physical mom (her highest growth rate (without taking in the variable parent's growth rate) is strength (which is 60), everything else is 35/40/45 with HP being 25 and magic being 0). Soleil wants Azura, Peri, Camilla, Charlotte, Hana, and/or Effie as her mother but Soleil can do pretty well with Selena and Mozu as well.

Nina, on the other hand, can want a magic or physical mom (depending on what you want with her). Nina's growth rates (again, without taking in the variable parent's growth rates) are 45 in strength and 30 in magic (everything else is around the 30/35 or 40/45 with luck being the highest 50 and defense being the lowest at 25). If you want Nina to be physical then she wants Azura, Camilla, Charlotte, Oboro, and/or Effie as her mother but if you want Nina to be a magic based unit then she wants Nyx or Elise as her mother.

You can also use this http://soapy4159.github.io/ferevpairings/ so you can see growths in (almost) every class, pair up stats, and whatnot.

If you were to ask me personally, then I like Effie!Soleil (who I like making a Hero) and Camilla!Nina (who I like making a Adventurer) the best.

Edited by December Knight

Nina!Beruka did me wonders when I used Nina as a bow knight in Conquest, I would waiting till Niles can pass down Lucky Seven before you recruit her though and Shuriken Breaker will make Conquest 25 much easier to some extent.

If you rather have an adventurer though that's OK, while admit that is the better choice for most people you really can't go wrong with either option anyway.

Nina!Beruka did me wonders when I used Nina as a bow knight in Conquest, I would waiting till Niles can pass down Lucky Seven before you recruit her though and Shuriken Breaker will make Conquest 25 much easier to some extent.

If you rather have an adventurer though that's OK, while admit that is the better choice for most people you really can't go wrong with either option anyway.

The advantage Adventurer has over Bow Knight is that you can get an additional staff user. But I personally like the Bow Knight's design in this game and the fact that it has the movement advantage is also something you can't overlook easily.

With Nina, it depends on the mother, I think.

It depends. I'll give these options, or at least the ones I like most:

Soleil - Anyone physical, really. Effie, Charlotte, (ugh) Peri, Azura, Mozu, she can even take Selena's mods and gets Pegasus Knight out of it. She can even do a mixed with Felicia as her mom.

Nina - Elise, Camilla, Nyx, Felicia, and I actually like Azura (it gives her the highest Speed mod) but the others are usually better mothers.

As far as those two go my personal favorites for the both are

Azura!Soleil (no bias no bias) and Camilla!Nina.