Looking for an Archanea map with Chapter Locations

CatManThree

I wasn't sure whether to put this the in the DS or the NES/SNES forums so

I am putting posting in here.

I am looking for a map of Archanea featuring where every chapter in the

war of shadows and heroes takes place.

I did feel like making this after noticing The Sable Order chapter takes place on a distinct part of the world map and that part of it overlaps with a map in Mystery of the Emblem. Never got round to it though since the chapter images weren't on the Fire Emblem wiki at the time and I had no motivation to go searching for them. You've kind of rekindled my desire to see it though so if it doesn't exist I might cobble something together on my next day off. I like subtle stuff like that.

I wasn't sure whether to put this the in the DS or the NES/SNES forums so

I am putting posting in here.

I am looking for a map of Archanea featuring where every chapter in the

war of shadows and heroes takes place.

So had a look for some images to cobble together a map but like before there's no easily reliable source for all the maps in the game (if someone can point me to one then that'd be great). However from the sounds of what you're actually looking for, the map they have on the site could be perfect

http://serenesforest.net/shadow-dragon/miscellaneous/world-map/

http://serenesforest.net/light-and-shadow/miscellaneous/world-map/

It doesn't have any rips from the game and in the larger countries it might be a bit vague but it does tell you what region each chapter takes place in and labels them well. Not sure why it lists the Fane of Raman as blank in both games though. Pretty sure that's still Grust.

Edited by Jotari

So had a look for some images to cobble together a map but like before there's no easily reliable source for all the maps in the game (if someone can point me to one then that'd be great). However from the sounds of what you're actually looking for, the map they have on the site could be perfect

http://serenesforest.net/shadow-dragon/miscellaneous/world-map/

http://serenesforest.net/light-and-shadow/miscellaneous/world-map/

It doesn't have any rips from the game and in the larger countries it might be a bit vague but it does tell you what region each chapter takes place in and labels them well. Not sure why it lists the Fane of Raman as blank in both games though. Pretty sure that's still Grust.

Not entirely what I was looking for but it still helps a bit.

I was looking for the exact locations of each chapter.

Your list of chapter locations might help a little bit though and

I thank you for it.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I could have sworn I did but whatever.

Not entirely what I was looking for but it still helps a bit.

I was looking for the exact locations of each chapter.

Your list of chapter locations might help a little bit though and

I thank you for it.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I could have sworn I did but whatever.

Well like I said, if you can find me a list of chapter images I'd be willing to make one myself.

It's where Anri's Way is found.

Essentially wilderness with the Ice Dragon Temple in the middle of it. Not exactly empty since it is inhabited, human (or manakete?) and dragon alike.

Thanks for those links Hardin. Pretty strange that they just stop giving maps. Especially for FE12 where they cover less than half the game. Anyway as promised here's my attempt at macgyvering it together using the maps provided.Gaidens and chapters set completely in doors have been omitted as has everything after Anri's way in FE12. Couldn't find the chapter before Michaelis in Shadow Dragon either but that one might be best left excluded since in seems to be in the exact same position as the same areas of Medeon explored in FE12.

archanea_world_map_by_jotarisprite-dao8v

Direct Link in case it's not displaing properly: http://img10.deviantart.net/aef7/i/2016/317/0/3/archanea_world_map_by_jotarisprite-dao8v84.png

I've tried to keep maps as large as possible to try and convey as much of the world as possible. Some headlands do seem to be very intentionally places while others they clearly didn't even try. Like Altea being a series of islands in game but nothing about it looking like that on the map (unless the Altea chapters are meant to be much smaller than I'm presuming and Anri decided to build his capital in the middle of a giant lake or marshland? Which doesn't seem too smart). I've also rotated certain maps in order for them to better fit in with mountains/coastlines. And obviously I could be way off about the size of certain places. Aurelis in particular I always got the impression was a pretty small nation but it seems pretty big here. Gra is also probably intended to just be a fortress but I didn't really want it looking too bare compared to the other nations. Also considering Marth invades from the same location in both games, Gra is probably not meant to be rotated like that, but it just fitted so well with the head land on the right and pretty well with the one on the left that I couldn't resist. I can suspend my disbelief and say Marth took a detour around to invade from a more convenient position.

Small thing that surprised me making this. I didn't realise Chapter 2 of Shadow Dragon was set so far away from Talys. I assumed it was on those eastern peninsulas but it's pretty far down the coast. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense given the way it's presented in game (with Ogma joining there, Shiida knowing Castor and the similar pirate theme it has going on). Also, that island on the bottom right? I don't think I ever noticed it before. It's detailed enough to look like it has a lake or something in the middle. Do you ever visit it in either of the games?

Lastly this is a good thing to bring up something that annoyed me about FE12, I've considered making a thread about it in the past but it always seemed like I was nitpicking too much. When I first played the game and the plot was telling me I was heading to the Fane of Raman, I realised myself that a portion of the map was the same as in Shadow Dragon and I thought that was really, really cool since you're approaching it from the south. Then the next chapter was that exact same Sable Order chapter from Shadow Dragon and I was a little disappointed. But then I was monstrously disappointed when they used the exact same Khaden Chapter for the next chapter. They do this again with the invasion of Gra and Archanea, palace both outside and inside. I like the idea of using old portions of the map as it reinforces that it's the same location in the same world but ripping the entire map whole sale seems really lazy to me. I get that it was probably done in FE3 because they were already using these assets for Book 1 but in the remake this is something I would definitely rather they changed. Soulful bridge for example could have been mostly the same map but just extend it a bit further north so you don't have a castle popping out of nowhere that was there before. And then for the Khaden chapter, have the goal be in the top right corner rather than the top left. And Archanea have the palace be in the bottom right instead of the top left since you're invading from the north this time round. You could also use a different section for the in door part of the palace since it even looks like the entrance Marth uses in Shadow Dragon is a back door and it wouldn't be strange at all for the map to extend further south than you're shown. Anyway that's just my rambly thoughts on the matter. Feel free to ignore it or turn it into a discussion.

Edited by Jotari

Thanks for those links Hardin. Pretty strange that they just stop giving maps. Especially for FE12 where they cover less than half the game. Anyway as promised here's my attempt at macgyvering it together using the maps provided.Gaidens and chapters set completely in doors have been omitted as has everything after Anri's way in FE12. Couldn't find the chapter before Michaelis in Shadow Dragon either but that one might be best left excluded since in seems to be in the exact same position as the same areas of Medeon explored in FE12.

archanea_world_map_by_jotarisprite-dao8v

Direct Link in case it's not displaing properly: http://img10.deviantart.net/aef7/i/2016/317/0/3/archanea_world_map_by_jotarisprite-dao8v84.png

I've tried to keep maps as large as possible to try and convey as much of the world as possible. Some headlands do seem to be very intentionally places while others they clearly didn't even try. Like Altea being a series of islands in game but nothing about it looking like that on the map (unless the Altea chapters are meant to be much smaller than I'm presuming and Anri decided to build his capital in the middle of a giant lake or marshland? Which doesn't seem too smart). I've also rotated certain maps in order for them to better fit in with mountains/coastlines. And obviously I could be way off about the size of certain places. Aurelis in particular I always got the impression was a pretty small nation but it seems pretty big here. Gra is also probably intended to just be a fortress but I didn't really want it looking too bare compared to the other nations. Also considering Marth invades from the same location in both games, Gra is probably not meant to be rotated like that, but it just fitted so well with the head land on the right and pretty well with the one on the left that I couldn't resist. I can suspend my disbelief and say Marth took a detour around to invade from a more convenient position.

Small thing that surprised me making this. I didn't realise Chapter 2 of Shadow Dragon was set so far away from Talys. I assumed it was on those eastern peninsulas but it's pretty far down the coast. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense given the way it's presented in game (with Ogma joining there, Shiida knowing Castor and the similar pirate theme it has going on). Also, that island on the bottom right? I don't think I ever noticed it before. It's detailed enough to look like it has a lake or something in the middle. Do you ever visit it in either of the games?

Lastly this is a good thing to bring up something that annoyed me about FE12, I've considered making a thread about it in the past but it always seemed like I was nitpicking too much. When I first played the game and the plot was telling me I was heading to the Fane of Raman, I realised myself that a portion of the map was the same as in Shadow Dragon and I thought that was really, really cool since you're approaching it from the south. Then the next chapter was that exact same Sable Order chapter from Shadow Dragon and I was a little disappointed. But then I was monstrously disappointed when they used the exact same Khaden Chapter for the next chapter. They do this again with the invasion of Gra and Archanea, palace both outside and inside. I like the idea of using old portions of the map as it reinforces that it's the same location in the same world but ripping the entire map whole sale seems really lazy to me. I get that it was probably done in FE3 because they were already using these assets for Book 1 but in the remake this is something I would definitely rather they changed. Soulful bridge for example could have been mostly the same map but just extend it a bit further north so you don't have a castle popping out of nowhere that was there before. And then for the Khaden chapter, have the goal be in the top right corner rather than the top left. And Archanea have the palace be in the bottom right instead of the top left since you're invading from the north this time round. You could also use a different section for the in door part of the palace since it even looks like the entrance Marth uses in Shadow Dragon is a back door and it wouldn't be strange at all for the map to extend further south than you're shown. Anyway that's just my rambly thoughts on the matter. Feel free to ignore it or turn it into a discussion.

Thanks a TON man. You saved me a lot of time not having to go replay FE 11 and 12.

The Sable Order map was cut in Book 1 so reusing it as a Book 2 chapter wasn't that big of deal then.

I just find that more baffling. They went and reused an old map for no reason. I guess back in the day it might have been kind of cool to see an old chapter that was excluded from Book 1 brought back but considering how much they do it in later chapters the effect wouldn't really be that big. Just seems lazy. In it's defense though the chapter does play pretty differently given the fact that you travel from the middle of the bridge and it almost has an escape chapter feel with Hardin appearing on the battle field and reinforcements flanking you from behind. Still though, I'd rather they didn't use the exact same map. It just bothers me far more than it should.

Thanks a TON man. You saved me a lot of time not having to go replay FE 11 and 12.

If you just want to see the locations on the map Marth travelled to and the order, then the link Hardin posted above actually presents it really well for Shadow Dragon. Unfortunately the New Mystery site doesn't seem nearly as good and, as stated, both don't have quite all of the chapters.

Edited by Jotari

I feel both remakes tried too hard to capture thee essence of the original games themselves and leaving them untouched, with FE12 adding new maps in the form of the newer gaiden and prologue chapters. Also map design on a few maps hinges on it, for instance in chapter 8 Soulful Bridge which copies Sable Order, the distance to the south is necessary to give you time to escape from Astram's ass-ramming your party and to give the player a sense of pressure even if they're miles away. I mostly agree with the Altea Castle chapter, though, as the very gimmicks of the map is the same as in Shadow Dragon. I think that their desire to appeal to nostalgia googles was greater than their desire to improve the maps.