Hello! Kinda nervous...

Sylv

Hello! I'm Sylv! I'm a little new to the Fire Emblem series, I've only completed Awakening, Fates, and Blazing Sword and am currently playing through Binding Blade and Gaiden. I plan on playing every game in the series at some point. I roleplay in the FE community on Tumblr as Eliwood and male Robin, and I especially enjoy fleshing out "bland" characters and making them more interesting. However, the Tumblr FE community is mostly interested in Awakening and Fates, which I find quite lackluster story and gameplay-wise in comparison to the GBA games, and I find few people with whom I can actually talk about the Elibe games. I'm currently part of a Skype group called "Elibe Squad" consisting of other Elibe roleplayers, and our goal is to promote the Elibe games in the FE roleplay community on Tumblr.

I've joined Serenes Forest in order to find other people to talk to about the older games in the series that are mostly ignored on Tumblr. I'm hoping to branch out and become a part of the wider community and share my own interpretations and perspectives that I've gained from playing the games and roleplaying. I'm also hoping to find other LGBT players like myself to talk to, as well- I was informed by a friend that this community would be welcoming to a lesbian like myself, so I have high hopes. Though I'm a little bit nervous, since I'm new to the forums... but I have to start somewhere, right?

Hopefully I'll be able to make lots of new friends here!

Please stay the hell away from Serious Discussion. Otherwise, don't forget to read the rules, and feel free to PM a mod if you have any questions~!

(end generic greeting)

I'm LGBT myself! (transgender and not straight) though I've only played the newer games. I'm always willing to talk if you need anything

I hope you make a lot of new friends here!!

I'm LGBT myself! (transgender and not straight) though I've only played the newer games. I'm always willing to talk if you need anything

I hope you make a lot of new friends here!!

Thank you! It's nice to meet other LGBT people here. :>

oh shit a lesbian, finally I have a chance at finding somebody here!

well anyway hi. I'm Ritisa I'm one of the fexna betatesters and therefore I make games. I r also floofle. And the resident overambitious crazy person.

I've never personally been very keen on the idea of RPing as existing characters, it's always felt kinda odd to me... but I do RP on occasion, albeit only through IM.

Feel free to poke me if you wanna talk or something, I check SF constantly.

oh shit a lesbian, finally I have a chance at finding somebody here!

well anyway hi. I'm Ritisa I'm one of the fexna betatesters and therefore I make games. I r also floofle. And the resident overambitious crazy person.

I've never personally been very keen on the idea of RPing as existing characters, it's always felt kinda odd to me... but I do RP on occasion, albeit only through IM.

Feel free to poke me if you wanna talk or something, I check SF constantly.

Yay! Another lesbian! :> I get the sentiment, I like to compare myself to Soleil... Thank you for the warm welcome, it's very much appreciated.

As for roleplaying existing characters... it's different for sure. I like to see it as having an outline of sorts (especially when it comes to protagonists/player characters) and adding in the details. The character ends up becoming much more than what they originally were at the start... I love that challenge in forming headcanons that way.

I wouldn't mind a little RP either! I RP through Skype all the time... so I'm used to other platforms. c:

Trying to introduce the older fire emblem games to the newer crowd on Tumblr? You're my hero. Welcome to the forest. As someone who is bicurious, it's nice to see someone who is openly of the LGBT community.

I'm very ambitious and proud of this dream in that regard. I think appreciation of the older games among the Tumblr crowd will be a real eye-opener and potentially influence future games! I'm hopeful in the idea that one person can make a difference...

I'm comfortable living openly as part of the LGBT community. Most of the spaces I've been in have all been very accepting. Times are changing! :>

Hello and welcome to the forums, quite the goal there to get tumblr to see the awesomeness of the older games, might come check it out.

I'll have a blog up for it at some point. It will be a masterlist of all Elibe roleplayers on Tumblr. Of course, it will be small to start, but I am offering incentives to those who play the Elibe games... namely graphic edits, considering how Tumblr loves those so much, haha :>

Welcome to the Forest, Sylv!

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

And there's no need to be nervous!

Ahh thank you! I'm just not used to forums in general... but with the warm welcome I've received so far, perhaps I needn't worry, haha.

. . .yeah, read the Code of Conduct. Please. Posting multiple times in a row isn't allowed, but since I'm all burnt out due to other stuff, I'll let it go this time.

Yeah, I kinda forgot to ask this earlier, but out of curiosity, which classes and characters are your favorite?

Also, I personally don't agree with the 3DS games being lackluster gameplay wise relative to the GBA games, but that's just me (I like FE7, but am not too fond of either Sacred Stones or Sword of Seals).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

. . .yeah, read the Code of Conduct. Please. Posting multiple times in a row isn't allowed, but since I'm all burnt out due to other stuff, I'll let it go this time.

Sorry about that. I'll go read through it again.

Yeah, I kinda forgot to ask this earlier, but out of curiosity, which classes and characters are your favorite?

Also, I personally don't agree with the 3DS games being lackluster gameplay wise relative to the GBA games, but that's just me (I like FE7, but am not too fond of either Sacred Stones or Sword of Seals).

My favorite classes are sages and wyvern lords, and my favorite characters are Lyn, Rutger, Florina, Milady, and Takumi, to name a few.

Welcome to the Forest! I hope you enjoy your stay here. I'm a newcomer myself, so I guess that makes two of us, huh?

I've only played FE8 and FE14 (Birthright and Revelation, read up on Conquest), but I'm planning to tackle Elibe and mainly Jugdral in the future. I've heard Awakening was kind of weak in terms of story, but the prospect of Jugdral being the progenitor of the inheritance system, its overall complexity and its characters have me greatly intrigued.

I see you're also a Pokémon player. Any favorite Pokémon you have? A lot of mine are Legendaries since I'm a total dork for mythology, haha.

Welcome to the Forest! I hope you enjoy your stay here. I'm a newcomer myself, so I guess that makes two of us, huh?

I've only played FE8 and FE14 (Birthright and Revelation, read up on Conquest), but I'm planning to tackle Elibe and mainly Jugdral in the future. I've heard Awakening was kind of weak in terms of story, but the prospect of Jugdral being the progenitor of the inheritance system, its overall complexity and its characters have me greatly intrigued.

I see you're also a Pokémon player. Any favorite Pokémon you have? A lot of mine are Legendaries since I'm a total dork for mythology, haha.

I'm planning on playing FE4/5 after I finish Binding Blade and Gaiden (I'm REALLY close to finishing Binding Blade)! I'm really excited to play it.

My favorite Pokémon is Clefable, since it's a Fairy type (some of the strongest Pokémon in the game) and can run a variety of different movesets. Plus it's adorable. :> Some of my other favorites are Audino, Milotic, and Talonflame.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Sylv, have a welcome from a fellow newcomer!

Good to see another Gaiden adept, that game was so ahead of it's time. It's sad it is so neglected, it could benefit very much from an updated remake. Chapter 3 was my absolute favorite, I don't know if you get there yet.

And yes, the Elibe series is very cool. FE7 was my first title, although I didn't finished FE6. I found it too hard at the time, I think I got bad habits from FE7 and FE8, that two are much easier. FE7 let me beat it even while I had no idea what I was doing.

Have a great time here!