Voice actors [Scattered Fang complete]

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATH COMETH WITH EVEN MORE SCREENIES. (soon my camera roll will be just full of Heroes VA screenies lol)

http://i.imgur.com/OMZp9Ny.png (Shanna)
We've got Marisha Ray as Shanna (who's also reprising her role as Effie).

http://i.imgur.com/1am5We0.png (Bartre)
It's Frederick hah.

I'll probably make a proper summary of all the screencaps I've collated, since OP is only listing new voices + changes.

UPDATE:

http://i.imgur.com/zjl6lOG.png (Wendy Gwendolyn)
More Cherami Leigh~

Edited by Benishigure

19 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Seriously, I'm 90% sure Lucina is still voiced by Laura Bailey, but why didn't they indicate it ?

7 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

Definitely Laura Bailey. I too wondered why they did not indicate it.

She wasn't credited in Awakening either; probably union stuff.

5 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

- voices Lucina? Is it not the ever wonderful Laura Bailey?

It just means she's not credited due to union shenanigans, because it's pretty clearly her in the trailers.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice your edit.

Edited by AzureSen

Okay, so based on the screencaps I have...

Spoiler

I know OP has already updated with a few of them but I'll list everything anyway, just to make things clear I guess.

Cherami Leigh - Caeda, Cecilia, Gwendolyn
Walden James - Jagen
Yuri Lowenthal - Merric
Mick Wingert - Laslow (replacing Liam O'Brien), Abel
Max Mittelman - Gordin
Taliesin Jaffe/T. Axelrod - Cain
Cindy Robinson - Peri (replacing E.G. Daily), Minerva
Wendee Lee - Maria, Sophia
Michael Sinterniklaas - Niles, Takumi (replacing Roger Rose)
Julie Kliewer - Sharena
Hunter MacKenzie Austin - Clarine
Marisha Ray - Shanna
Kyle Hebert - Bartre

I probs missed some because I have too many screenies... and I didn't organise them properly OTL

Anyways, I'll keep updating as I make progress!

Looking at gamefaqs. Some interesting notes:
-Palla is uncredited (and uses swords)
-Lissa is voiced by Kate Davis (another VA replacement) NVM it's a pseudonym for her Awakening VA
-Draug is voiced by Patrick Seitz
-Felicia is also credited as Connor Kelly (looking like a pseudonym at this point)

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Coming from a country that dubs nothing but kids movies, this union and psuedonym stuff is really confusing to me. 

It was even worse back in the 80s and 90s when people were too embarrassed to admit they were doing VA work for anime/video games and thus every VA back then had at least three pseudonyms. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, one of my favorite VAs, has six.

1 minute ago, AzureSen said:

It was even worse back in the 80s and 90s when people were too embarrassed to admit they were doing VA work for anime/video games and thus every VA back then had at least three pseudonyms. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, one of my favorite VAs, has six.

But how can someone as famous as Laura Bailey not be credited when everyone knows it's her and she has played the same character for four years now? 

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

Coming from a country that dubs nothing but kids movies, this union and psuedonym stuff is really confusing to me. 

Still kinda confuses me.
Basically, unions have specific contracts drafted up that require certain guarantees; having the contract agreed to and signed takes some time obviously, so for smaller roles VAs often just don't get the union involved at all (union talent costs a bit more, but the extra cost goes into the union's pocket-- smaller projects are often limited to non-union talent because of that and the majority of VAs will take what they can get, part of a union or no). Psuedonyms act as a loophole in the union agreement.

Edited by The DanMan

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

But how can someone as famous as Laura Bailey not be credited when everyone knows it's her and she has played the same character for four years now? 

Presumably, Heroes isn't a union-sanctioned job for whatever union Bailey belongs to, so she legally can't be credited under her name, hence why Bailey has never been credited in the role.

@The DanMan, it's pretty much a formality, given how many distinctive VAs operate under pseudonyms.

Edited by AzureSen

2 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Presumably, Heroes isn't a union-sanctioned job for whatever union Bailey belongs to, so she legally can't be credited under her name.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Still kinda confuses me.
Basically, unions have specific contracts drafted up that require certain guarantees; having the contract agreed to and signed takes some time obviously, so for smaller roles VAs often just don't get the union involved at all (union talent costs a bit more, but the extra cost goes into the union's pocket-- smaller projects are often limited to non-union talent because of that and the majority of VAs will take what they can get, part of a union or no). Psuedonyms act as some loophole in the union agreement.

Yes but how can it be a loophole if it's obvious an actor is acting outside of the union? I mean what's the point of that rule if it's so easy to circumvent anyway?

Edited by Thane

Just now, Thane said:

Yes but how can it be a loophole if it's obvious an actor is acting outside of the union? I mean what's the point of that rule if it's so easy to circumvent anyway?

*shrugs*

@AzureSen Thanks for clearing that up for me; had been wondering about that.