Jump to content
monoleena

Best skillsets for all the children?

Recommended Posts

I'm playing Revelations and the pairings I plan on doing are:

Arthur/Effie
Azama/Felicia
Benny/Camilla
Hayato/Nyx
Hinata/Setsuna
Jakob/Charlotte
Kaden/Rinkah
Kaze/Beruka
Keaton/Hana
Laslow/Peri
Leo/Sakura
Niles/Mozu
Odin/Elise
Ryoma/Kagero
Saizo/Orochi
Silas/Selena
Subaki/Oboro
Takumi/Azura
Xander/Hinoka
and FMU/Shigure

I'm aware that astra, replicate and lifetaker are nifty to have, but I don't know what else I should aim to give them/pass to them?
I'm sorry that I need so much help lol but? I don't know what I should give them,,

Edited by monoleena

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In game: Whatever you have that actually works on the kid, early workhorse skills are Nobility/Heartseeker/Darting blow/Vantage/Cav skills/Hp+5/Lunge/Riposte/Move+1/Quick Draw. The 15's come too late to matter unless they're off servants and calling astra unreliable is an understatement. Non-rally level 5 skills are almost exclusive procs or gimmics. If you absolutely must pass these use Luna/Rend heaven/Air Superiority/Draconic Hex/Certain Blow/Lucky 7/Savage Blow/Sol.

That or you're getting kids post 15 skills and are swimming in enough exp to get any and every inherent skill on a kid so the obvious choice is "pass what you cannot learn normally, unless it's aptitude, then don't pass that"

Postgame: Is postgame alright. I'm sure you'll figure out why replicate and procs are worthless here by the time +7 braves get farmed up.

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 2:21 AM, joshcja said:

 

Postgame: Is postgame alright. I'm sure you'll figure out why replicate and procs are worthless here by the time +7 braves get farmed up.

Would you mind explaining why? Gaining additional actions by replicating seems pretty strong to me. And also, what skill from the ninja class path would you recommend to pass apart from replicate? Lethality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2017 at 7:21 PM, joshcja said:

In game: Whatever you have that actually works on the kid, early workhorse skills are Nobility/Heartseeker/Darting blow/Vantage/Cav skills/Hp+5/Lunge/Riposte/Move+1/Quick Draw. The 15's come too late to matter unless they're off servants and calling astra unreliable is an understatement. Non-rally level 5 skills are almost exclusive procs or gimmics. If you absolutely must pass these use Luna/Rend heaven/Air Superiority/Draconic Hex/Certain Blow/Lucky 7/Savage Blow/Sol.

That or you're getting kids post 15 skills and are swimming in enough exp to get any and every inherent skill on a kid so the obvious choice is "pass what you cannot learn normally, unless it's aptitude, then don't pass that"

Postgame: Is postgame alright. I'm sure you'll figure out why replicate and procs are worthless here by the time +7 braves get farmed up.

I do agree that level 15 skills come too late to matter, but I don't see Sol or Vantage as even half as good as you like to hype them to be. Like, at all. Savage Blow doesn't sound that good to me, either - not enough situations where I'm affecting even a semi-decent number of enemy units. Also, I don't see why you even mention +7 braves, because that'd take forever and a day to farm, not to mention there's nothing to use them for unless you're into PvP, which I couldn't care less about.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Synjid said:

Would you mind explaining why? Gaining additional actions by replicating seems pretty strong to me. And also, what skill from the ninja class path would you recommend to pass apart from replicate? Lethality?

Lethality is pretty bad. Ninja tree has like 2 good skills total, sadly both are 15's and one of them is only useful on ninja's.

Everything loses to warp aggro on turn 1 or turn 0. Including warp aggro if your on a bad map or you're not running Move+1. Extra actions do not matter. This is why nobody actually plays PvP competitively anymore so go ahead and do what you like.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I do agree that level 15 skills come too late to matter, but I don't see Sol or Vantage as even half as good as you like to hype them to be. Like, at all. Savage Blow doesn't sound that good to me, either - not enough situations where I'm affecting even a semi-decent number of enemy units. Also, I don't see why you even mention +7 braves, because that'd take forever and a day to farm, not to mention there's nothing to use them for unless you're into PvP, which I couldn't care less about.

Yeah getting my set of braves/Effectiveness took about 2 months in real time. It's excruciating.

There is nothing in postgame except PVP.

Vantage is legit broken in-game on a 1-2 unit while Sol/Savage are some of the stronger tools for the EP/PP respectively since they manipulate hp and things need hp to survive.

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Synjid said:

Would you mind explaining why? Gaining additional actions by replicating seems pretty strong to me. And also, what skill from the ninja class path would you recommend to pass apart from replicate? Lethality?

The problem with Replicate is that if the replica dies, your original dies too.

1 hour ago, joshcja said:

Yeah getting my set of braves/Effectiveness took about 2 months in real time. It's excruciating.

There is nothing in postgame except PVP.

Vantage is legit broken in-game on a 1-2 unit while Sol/Savage are some of the stronger tools for the EP/PP respectively since they manipulate hp and things need hp to survive.

I don't know whether you're being serious or not, but I assume you are, since about the only way to farm for other such weapons is Museum Melee, which tends to be bullshit, what with 1001 places reinforcements can spawn from, and the part where reinforcements tend to show up in the wrong place at the wrong time just to dick you over.

Hence why I think +7 braves are merely for bragging rights - I don't think PvP, is worth giving the time of day, with it being infested by hackers.

You must have really low standards for "broken", then - I don't see Vantage as helping all that much except if the enemy that was attacking you was low enough that you'd kill them before they get to attack, otherwise you have to get lucky. I don't see playing Russian Roulette as anything other than foolishness. I don't see Sol as anywhere near a reliable survival tool when it only really helps if the enemy is healthy in the first place, and even if it activates, you can still miss. Savage Blow... like I said, if there's a situation where I can affect any number of units worth mentioning with it, I'd probably be better off finding a better attack plan, mainly of the fishing for mooks variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The problem with Replicate is that if the replica dies, your original dies too.

I don't know whether you're being serious or not, but I assume you are, since about the only way to farm for other such weapons is Museum Melee, which tends to be bullshit, what with 1001 places reinforcements can spawn from, and the part where reinforcements tend to show up in the wrong place at the wrong time just to dick you over.

Hence why I think +7 braves are merely for bragging rights - I don't think PvP, is worth giving the time of day, with it being infested by hackers.

You must have really low standards for "broken", then - I don't see Vantage as helping all that much except if the enemy that was attacking you was low enough that you'd kill them before they get to attack, otherwise you have to get lucky. I don't see playing Russian Roulette as anything other than foolishness. I don't see Sol as anywhere near a reliable survival tool when it only really helps if the enemy is healthy in the first place, and even if it activates, you can still miss. Savage Blow... like I said, if there's a situation where I can affect any number of units worth mentioning with it, I'd probably be better off finding a better attack plan, mainly of the fishing for mooks variety.

Can we not do this again. We have had this argument hundreds of times over the last year. You are allowed an opinion, you are allowed to enjoy this game in whatever way you derive the most entertainment from. This is inarguable. What is equally inarguable is that your opinion is not fact. Every fact says you are wrong. Please simply state your opinion as an opinion. Or take this neverending quarrel to PM's whenever it crops up and we'll continue the slapfight there.

As for braves. I einherjared up an army of Ophelia's and walked through museum mele on auto-fight while reading a book IRL. Over, and over, and over. 

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, joshcja said:

As for braves. I einherjared up an army of Ophelia's and walked through museum mele on auto-fight while reading a book IRL. Over, and over, and over. 

Hell, why didn't I think of that...?

On topic:

If you are like me and you don't want to take your chances with procs on harder difficulties, stack (Weapon)-faire skills with Strong Riposte, Elbow Room, Trample and perhaps Aggressor for more damage output without much risk. If you want to play it safe, have Renewal on as many children as possible. That skill can save your life in a pickle, especially on Conquest.

Putting it into numbers for a sec:

+5 from -faire skill

+5 from Trample if the enemy is not on a mount (which in Conquest and Revelations is most enemies)

+3 from Elbow Room on neutral territory

+3 during enemy phase with Strong Riposte

+7 during player phase with Aggressor

This is a maximum of +23 damage during player phase, and a maximum of +16 damage during enemy phase if my barely existant maths don't leave me. And that's not even taking skills like Inspiration, Demoiselle, Gentilhomme, Malefic Aura or any of the personal skills of the female Royals or Corrin into account. And we also haven't talked about possible crits yet...

Sophie with a mother whose class offers a (Weapon)-faire skill (i.e. Orochi, Kagero, Hana, Charlotte or Corrin with the right talent) married to Percy (for Trample) can have the above mentioned skill set pretty easily and her damage output will be insane on both your and the enemies' turns, as you can see from my "professional" calculation above.
 

Edited by DragonFlames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...