Does anyone here use the reroll method?

Big Smoke

I was wondering, as I was reading about it online when I googled something to the effect of "why are there so many Kirans in fire emblem heroes".

I want to know if it's as effective as it sounds. Anyone here use it?

If you are gonna do it, now is the perfect time since you get 5 extra orbs with the 15 beginning orbs currently so you don't even need to finish the prologue in order to pull.

If you're not too far into the game and/or constantly pull units you don't like, its definitely worth it.

Edited by hunty

Part of the reason why there's so many Kirans is due to certain emulator restrictions, last I checked.

I intentionally didn't reroll, and I'm sitting on two 5* units, which is considered really bad.  However, I have the means to complete most of the content that I want to (every last stratum of the training tower, all story quests, break 4K in the arena), and the only thing I'm missing is an armor, for the monthly quests.

In other words, it's not impossible to do things, but it'll take a lot more thought. . .and I like this kind of thinking.  Figure out what you want from the game first.

Edited by eclipse

I used the reroll method and found it very effective for my means.  Note the basic rerolling is you play the game until you can do a 20 orb summon.  15 for the launch release, 2 for daily, and 3 for doing the the first 3 prologue missions.  If you do this on a Sunday you get an extra orb for logging in saving you time from doing one prologue mission.  Where after checking character you summon.  If your happy with them keep playing the game.  If not uninstall.  Granted during all this don't link a Nintendo account since your risk losing the free orbs you get from it.

Now is this effective.  It is but can be time consuming.  It really depends on your game goals.  Are you looking for a particular hero,(character you want to play or high tier arena character), or are your trying to get multiple heros.  Like you first want to get two 5* heroes.  I did this to get 2 fire heroes I wanted Lucina and Robin but that took me two days worth of trying.  Granted it all depends on your luck.  so if your not looking for particular hero or non focus hero.  It be worth to get that stat advanatage

Note if you do it and already have an account.  Make sure the old account is save with Nintendo account since the time to get bonus 10,000 feather has expire I believe.  So enw accounts will not have that advanatage.

I spent something like 1-2 hours rerolling, took the second fivestar unit I got and ran with it.  I've been relatively blessed with some good rolls since then (I really can't complain).  So I think rerolling for part of a day to get a decent foothold into the game is smart.  But don't loose days to rerolls.  If you do that you'll likely quickly loose enjoyment and ultimately not play the game very long.

In terms of actually effectiveness, if you take a few hours (or a day or two) to get a top tier hero with good-fair boon/bane its probably worth it in the long run for arena play, but it won't affect your overall game experience.  

Keep in mind though, this game will almost certainly evolve and change (especially after inherit skills is added) so the top tier characters can always change around some.  I think Eclipse's comment about thinking about what you want from the game is spot on.  Ultimately do what you think will be most fun.

27 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

I was wondering, as I was reading about it online when I googled something to the effect of "why are there so many Kirans in fire emblem heroes".

Some of us are in the boat of "too lazy to change the default name" or the boat of "not going to change the name of a character that has a name".

Also, any opponent you face in the arena at higher levels is guaranteed not going to be a thrown out re-roll account, so those people have deliberately chosen to keep the default name.

As for rerolling, it's an easy, if a bit tedious, way of not getting screwed over when you start the game. You may as well if you intend to continue playing the game beyond a few days.

I rerolled after completing the story through once, since I didn't invest any money in it, and I felt like there wasn't much else to do, so I felt like I might as well. I got a few double 5* draws, but felt greedy in wanting a double draw with at least Camilla in it. I know for sure I gave up some good units during my rerolls, but that doesn't bother me much, to be honest. I was happy enough with 5* Camilla and Sakura to start the game off with, and seeing as in the next draw I got a 5* Roy and a 4* blue Robin (who I eventually raised to 5*) I was content enough with my team... Although I did have Lyn and Takumi in my original game... and I think Roy again.

In any case, if you're going to reroll, I'd do it now, seeing as with the current bonuses, you won't need to go through the prologue to get up to 20 gems for a full draw. I think there's only less than a day remaining for those extra 3 gems, though. As for whether its effective, I'd say it depends on how much time you're willing to put in. As I said, during my rerolling I net a couple of two 5* units within one draw session, but I did spend a considerable amount of time doing so, although, I was also doing other things while rerolling so that it wouldn't feel as long.

The only 5* I have is a result of rerolling, so...I'd say that it's definitely worth it.

I rerolled very extensively, but only because the character I wanted (Ryoma) had a minuscule probability of showing up, and I certainly had better financial sense than to be that guy who drops $1000 on Heroes and still does not have Hector Ryoma.

If Ryoma wasn't a 5* exclusive, I'd have just given my feathers to him. It was more the character I cared about than the 5* status--but given he is, and exclusively, at that, and thus pulling Ryoma was an extremely unreliable task that not even whaling--which I don't plan on doing--will solve, might as well have unlimited free orbs for that.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Part of the reason why there's so many Kirans is due to certain emulator restrictions, last I checked.

I intentionally didn't reroll, and I'm sitting on two 5* units, which is considered really bad.  However, I have the means to complete most of the content that I want to (every last stratum of the training tower, all story quests, break 4K in the arena), and the only thing I'm missing is an armor, for the monthly quests.

In other words, it's not impossible to do things, but it'll take a lot more thought. . .and I like this kind of thinking.  Figure out what you want from the game first.

Haha same, I only have Rpbon and Eirika.

And although I'd love to get more of my favorite characters, I like what I have going now.

I tried rerolling on my second account but got bored quickly and stopped at my first five star (Camilla, when I was aiming for Takumi).

Currently, my unrolled main account (admittedly with some money spent on it) is doing a lot better than the second account, but I keep both in the hopes I will get as many bishie units as possible... currently the females love me on both xD