Data-mined Information (SPOILERS; please read first post)

What data do you want to see first?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Preliminary data

• Character Max Stats
    • Weapon + Item Data
    • Skill Data
    • Other (please specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

Python doesn't have a pompadour! God be praised!

Has there been a dump of weapon icons yet?

Also, I saw "Warrior" in the class info mine. Is that something we should be excited about, or is it some enemy only thing? I'm pretty sure they weren't present in the original.

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Kysafen said:

As opposed to feeling fake-triggered by fictional characters dying in video games, which is funny in a pathetic kind of way.

Are we going to talk about leaks? Or are we going to talk about whether or not getting sad over a character is pathetic? Sorry but, please take those discussions elsewhere.

1 hour ago, GrimmLow said:

Are we going to talk about leaks? Or are we going to talk about whether or not getting sad over a character is pathetic? Sorry but, please take those discussions elsewhere.

Fair enough.

Did anyone leak the dialogue giving context to Chapter 6's proto-Grima?

13 minutes ago, Stardragoncg said:

what happens to Rinea?

Edit: Like what everyone else said, there are cg's that show what happens.
Spoiler

She dies, unfortunately.

Edited by Nimue

20 minutes ago, Pete-of-the-Forge said:

Python doesn't have a pompadour! God be praised!

Has there been a dump of weapon icons yet?

Also, I saw "Warrior" in the class info mine. Is that something we should be excited about, or is it some enemy only thing? I'm pretty sure they weren't present in the original.

Seems to be enemy only, same as Brigand. Neither Warrior nor Brigand promote to or from anything in the data and none of the playable cast seems to start as either.

edit: Wait, Warrior seems to promote to Hero but still don't see any playable characters with the class. Guess it's possible an item could swap somebody onto the warrior/hero branch. Could also just be for invoke.

Edited by lysander

10 minutes ago, Stardragoncg said:

what happens to Rinea?

7 minutes ago, Nimue said:

Spoiler

Check, or don't check, the CGs.

30 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Source please?

I was wondering if the Masked Knight starts off as a Cavalier since his armor design does looked alot like Clive's armor design.

Combination of the character pastebin and class pastebin, both of which ultimately being either from the first page here or here.

Regarding the delicious redheaded boy:

Spoiler

Character: [removed] | Base Lv: 7 | Class: Paladin  

Character Age: 21

Edited by Iridium

34 minutes ago, Kysafen said:

Aww, did mean 'ol Intelligent Systems trigger your delicate little snowflake heart?

My god, it's almost as if people actually die in war, or something. :c

...Passive-aggressive, much?

Anyways, the endings from the subreddit thread... man, I almost want to do an ironman playthrough of the game at some point just to feel the gut punches.

Lazy to quote.

Class trees are the same as Gaiden, but all classes except Alm and Celica can use Villager's Fork to reclass to Villager. At any stage (except Villager). Dread Fighter doesn't need the item, but needs to Level 10, I think?

No 3rd tiers for classes that didn't have them.

Warrior is Fighter, Alm's class.

Er, did I miss anything... Conrad is a Paladin IIRC.

Weapon icons, yeah, I think. Let me take a look.

5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Lazy to quote.

Class trees are the same as Gaiden, but all classes except Alm and Celica can use Villager's Fork to reclass to Villager. At any stage (except Villager). Dread Fighter doesn't need the item, but needs to Level 10, I think?

No 3rd tiers for classes that didn't have them.

Warrior is Fighter, Alm's class.

Er, did I miss anything... Conrad is a Paladin IIRC.

Weapon icons, yeah, I think. Let me take a look.

By the way, can you might look and see if you can get all the intile names from the game data? I was hoping we can get all of them marked down for the Name Chart?

2 hours ago, Ema Skye said:

Just finished reading through this thread and I have one conclusion.

This is shaping up to be the best FE game ever made. It fixes literally every "mistake" Awakening and Fates did, and the result is excellent. Will definitely be picking a copy (or 10) up.

If FE Switch learns anything from this game, I have high hopes.

I wouldn't go that far. Map design is probably the most important element as far as the actual game is concerned, and neither Gaiden nor its remake is winning any awards in that department.

I do agree, however, that this game seems extremely refreshing to me. Unlike most recent datamines, this one has actually made me more excited for the game, and I'm liking just about everything I'm hearing from little details to big ones. There's a strong chance this game will be good -- and in fact a very strong chance it will become my favorite -- but I dunno if I'd go so far as to say it will be the best or that it fixes everything the other 3DS titles did wrong. I'm just content to know that Gaiden might finally become the cult classic it's always deserved to be.

Oh, right, should've noticed Alm's class name is Warrior in the files and the name/bow+swords on Hero.

9 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I wouldn't go that far. Map design is probably the most important element as far as the actual game is concerned, and neither Gaiden nor its remake is winning any awards in that department.

I think that remains to be seen, really. There's more to good map design than the maps themselves and while you're right that things are looking just as plain as the original gaiden so far the inclusion of skills and a fatigue mechanic should really shake things up. The issue with Gaiden's map design was less the maps themselves and more the lack of anything to make your strategy or the units you used differ on each map. Some of the awkward enemy placement should have also been cleaned up, I imagine, the same way they seem to have altered how Zeke's map plays out.

2 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I do agree, however, that this game seems extremely refreshing to me. Unlike most recent datamines, this one has actually made me more excited for the game, and I'm liking just about everything I'm hearing from little details to big ones. There's a strong chance this game will be good -- and in fact a very strong chance it will become my favorite -- but I dunno if I'd go so far as to say it will be the best or that it fixes everything the other 3DS titles did wrong. I'm just content to know that Gaiden might finally become the cult classic it's always deserved to be.

Same honestly it seems they have made a lot of interesting changes which was somthing I would have wanted to see in Shadow Dragon but was let down by. It seems they are actually taking the effort to modernize the gameplay while for the most part keeping stuff intact which is awesome. 

1 minute ago, lysander said:

Oh, right, should've noticed Alm's class name is Warrior in the files and the name/bow+swords on Hero.

I think that remains to be seen, really. There's more to good map design than the maps themselves and while you're right that things are looking just as plain as the original gaiden so far the inclusion of skills and a fatigue mechanic should really shake things up. The issue with Gaiden's map design was less the maps themselves and more the lack of anything to make your strategy or the units you used differ on each map. Some of the awkward enemy placement should have also been cleaned up, I imagine, the same way they seem to have altered how Zeke's map plays out.

Lets hope that they improved on that if it really was as bad as you guys claim Fatigue is really the one potential concern though depending on how circumstances play out and how shrines/food interactions counter it. 

Oh Christ, the Dark Sword has even less hit in SoV than in Vanilla.

RIP ever hitting anything with that unless you can somehow use a skill with it.

Also the Royal Sword got hit pretty hard, less might, less crit, less hit.

Edited by The Fir Coat

Das a lot of swords. Especially compared to the original with its like what 7 sword?

I still have a question though, how the do skills work? They genuinely confuse the fuck out of me. I get you get them by using a weapon/shield repeatedly but are they weapon locked so even if a character didn't unlock the skill, if they equip the weapon they do e.g. Alm gets Steel Blow on the Iron Sword and then gives the Iron Sword to Kliff, will Kliff have the skill or no?

I know this has been asked a few times, but I still don't get it.