Favourite Redesign *Possible Spoilers*

Favourite Redesign  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Redesign-Alm's route

2. 2. Favourite Redesign-Celica's Route

3. 3. Favourite new playable character?

All of them, the jump from 1992 to modern character design was great for everyone. 

Edited by L9999

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Hmmm?

I'm able to re-pick my options. Just click the 'Show Vote Options' at the bottom of the poll and select new ones. Works for me.

...Oh dang. They fixed it.

I voted for Clair but I also love Luthier's.

Deen looks cool now, albeit, maybe too-edgy.

Conrad seems like an interesting character overall. I wonder what his role in the story is going to be.

I would've voted Rinea as my favorite new character though, but I don't think she's playable though (but she's bound to be interesting)

I never played Gaiden but I did look up the original designs of the characters. And I have to say, I'm really loving Boey, Palla, and Clair's new designs. Also, Faye looks really cute!

It was painful, but I managed to restrict myself to 5 each. Otherwise I'd have just voted for all of them.

Alm's Route: Alm, Clair, Mathilda, Delthea, and Tatiana

Yeah, the waifus (and Delthea. She's no waifu but she's precious and smol) dominated here. Shoutout to Lukas, Python, Faye, and Kliff for runner-ups. Zeke's cool too but like I've seen so much of him, and his last updated art was technically in 2011 (if we don't count Heroes). So a 6 year jump compared to uh...25. So he looks great, but it's not as impressive or mind-blowing as the others.

Celica's Route: Celica, Atlas, Sonya, Deen, Saber

The bois make a come back here. Sonya looks freaking amazing. Deen, while edgy looking, was just...not what I was expecting, but in a good way. I rather like the look. It's like if Shura from Fates and Guts from Berserk had a kid, and that kid died his hair purple(???). Atlas for being fucking Hercules. The guy is huge and just looks like a warrior (shame he can't be one lol). Saber looks really cool too, especially since used to look like a Thundercat.

Honorable Mentions go to Mae, Palla, and Catria.

EDIT: Forgot to throw in my choice for new char.

Faye, you're adorable, but it has to go to Conrad here. He seems like he'll actually have plot significance and uh, I'm pretty confident Faye won't have much at all. 

Edited by FallenVanguard

I love the whitewings and Clair's redesigns, the individual color palettes and the costume design overall is really nice in this game (only complaint might be some of the weird breast plates, mae...) 

Edited by Limstella

Well, for the more dramatic ones, I just like what they did with all the villagers.  I also like that they decided to make Lukas/Forsyth into this game's Christmas duo.  Have we ever seen armor knights take on that role before?  I don't think so...

I obviously like the Whitewings.  Clair's nice, too.  I do think Mathilda looks more like a pegasus-type character, but I think she's fine.  Really, I think everyone's improved.

I can understand Deen being different, because otherwise he'd be almost too similar to Vrai.

Spoiler

fT9ykCs.png

That being said, there's no reason they couldn't have made Deen more similar to his original self, and maybe did something different with Vrai instead.  But I digress.

On a side note, what's with the single sharp tooth in Delthea's mouth?  Is it just to look cute, or is she a vampire or some kind of beast?  If it's the latter, is that integrated into her role in the story?

1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

On a side note, what's with the single sharp tooth in Delthea's mouth?  Is it just to look cute, or is she a vampire or some kind of beast?  If it's the latter, is that integrated into her role in the story?

It's just a dumb anime thing. Young, mischievous, energetic girls show a fang for some reason.

20 minutes ago, Slumber said:

It's just a dumb anime thing. Young, mischievous, energetic girls show a fang for some reason.

I had a feeling it was something like that...

I don't watch too much anime.  I know it's sometimes a thing, but it's not something I think of too much.  I'd imagine the Gaiden fans would flip their biscuits if they made a dramatic change like that.

Clair and Luthier stand out the most to me, but I like most all of them. Sonia is the only one I can really say I dislike.

where's the poll for favorite boss redesigns

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

It's more of a Japan thing than an anime thing. Baby animals and humans in real life can naturally have their canines grow out in such a way that it gives the appearance of having fangs; thus it's associated with cuteness in Japan.

I forced myself to pick only one for each despite it being multiple choice, although I really do love them all.

I went for Luthier for this one, since he was the one I was most excited about seeing and I think they did really well.

I went for Dean for the second because he is a huge improvement. Much adoration there :D I hope I don't have to pick between him and Sonya, but I'm picking him if I have to!

And Conrad for the third, since male pretty > female of any kind any day xD

...I'm shallow, so sue me xD

That being said, I have very little interest in Faye. She feels added just to be the new Cordelia/Catria, etc, etc. I don't like those types of characters particularly. I wish she didn't have any interest in the main lord and we didn't have that type of character for once -.-

Hidari really knocked it out of the park I feel. I've been admiring:

• The muscle tone on Kamui's portrait
  • The attention to detail on the -- and there's no elegant way of saying this -- armpit fat? on ones like Catria and Tatiana. That's an anatomical thing that a lot of artists don't get.
  • The range of values, best seen on faces like Atlas, Deen, and Mathilda. And most of them have noses! And pretty much everyone has some nice subtle shadows going on. It's not the easiest thing to do this simple anime style, and still put realistic shading on the faces in a way that looks appealing.

Overall the designs feel very timeless, like someone could have made them in 1992, if games had the budget to hire top-notch artists back then. Though if I had one wish, it would be for one of Deen, Atlas, or Jesse to have kept their rad Ziggy Stardust mullet. Also a few feel a tad generic and underdesigned coming after the other 3DS games. I'm sorry Tobin but you look like an NPC. @_@