Jump to content

Recommended Posts

50 hours on hard/classic mode have been well rewarded - I've beaten the main story and Thabes Labyrinth. I'm thinking my next endeavor will be for the 'Blitzkrieg' medal, awarded for beating the entire main story in 500 turns or fewer. I'd like to discuss the best ways to do this.

obviously, Normal/casual is the way to go to minimize the need to do anything except attack, attack, attack. fun fact, this will be my first casual run of any fire emblem game. I'll take my pat on the back now.

second, map encounters and fights in dungeons need to be kept to a minimum. Here's how I think this should be done: 

  • in dungeons, avoid any enemies you possibly can. Duh. There are a few unskippable in Duma Tower. 
  • Skip any dungeons you don't have to do. I imagine i'll do Thieve's Den for Silque and the all important WARP ability. (we're going to abuse the crap out of it, almost certainly.) Also, sylvan shrine to get a Gold mark to make a Steel sword into Zweihänder at the Rigelian village. (or rhomphaia, but ridersbane is helpful all the way until and possibly including act 5.) I don't see why fear mountain or Dragon Shrine need to be done at all. 
  • on the world map, try to fight any enemies that spawn from other armies in acts 3 and 4 DURING the main chapters, to minimize the total number of encounters. i just have a feeling that it'll take fewer turns than fighting two smaller battles. 
  • See if it's possible to do Grieth's Citadel before Temple of Mila with NO grinding. Otherwise, it adds graveyard fights.
  • don't go to the mountain village more than once, for atlas and to forge the shadow sword into a brave sword, or else you'll end up fighting the graveyard terrors more than the minimum number of times (once or twice if you don't go to the village at all, two or three times if you go to the village once and it spawns behind you, and up to five times if you go twice.) RNG probably plays a factor in whether or not they spawn there.

 

Lets talk classes.

  • I'd like to say Faye should be a cleric, strictly for Anew. However, it's possible that she'll get left in the dust by the mounted units we will likely rely on, and Saint level 14 might not even happen in 500 turns or fewer. I'd say Pegasus knight, but i'm open to consideration.
  • Somebody should be a mercenary so that they can use the Zweihänder we're going to get. Alm can be using the royal sword for Double Lion purposes, so he doesn't need to use it, and the dread fighters in Celica's party will either have their own or won't know Tigerstance by the time they get to endgame. I digress. My vote for Mercenary is either gray or tobin.
  • Either two cavaliers or a cav and an archer. The archer is admittedly a personal preference- i'd like some range for until we pick up python and the mage siblings. But it's not 100% required for any portion. It'll probably help with the Last Bastion and Nuibaba's abode though.

 

I just realized that I don't know: do you even have to beat nuibaba to progress the story, if you'd sooner just skip Tatiana and kill Zeke? I obviously did not do that in my first playthrough.

Any recommendations or advice are welcome. especially if you've already gotten this medal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stopwatch said:

I just realized that I don't know: do you even have to beat nuibaba to progress the story, if you'd sooner just skip Tatiana and kill Zeke? I obviously did not do that in my first playthrough.

Fear Mountain appears to be entirely optional. I would suggest not, Nuibaba's map is such a pain. For non LTC's it is best to fight her, because of Tatiana (Fortify) and Zeke (really good unit). 

1 hour ago, Stopwatch said:

Somebody should be a mercenary so that they can use the Zweihänder we're going to get. Alm can be using the royal sword for Double Lion purposes, so he doesn't need to use it, and the dread fighters in Celica's party will either have their own or won't know Tigerstance by the time they get to endgame. I digress. My vote for Mercenary is either gray or tobin.

Gray has higher Spd, and Atk growths so he is the better choice.

1 hour ago, Stopwatch said:

on the world map, try to fight any enemies that spawn from other armies in acts 3 and 4 DURING the main chapters, to minimize the total number of encounters. i just have a feeling that it'll take fewer turns than fighting two smaller battles. 

I would also suggest moving Alm and Celica somewhat equally to minimize the amount of battles the other person has, or the total amount. When I was in Act 3, I did Celica's entire section first, not touching Alm at all. By the time Celica was at the Temple of Mila, almost every map on Alm's side had a reinforcement on it. So, that took a lot longer to clear up than I wanted.

 

Hope for the best in this run! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merc Gray is pretty much immovable, partly because he's kinda bad at anything else. With the Lightning Sword, he'll be ORKOing a lot of things in Chapter 1, but you'll want the Zweihandler asap for Chapter 3.

Mage Tobin is great for carrying the early game, actually, and turns into a Physics bot lategame. He starts with good enough Spd that even with the Fire spell's weight, he's doubling basically every enemy except maybe Slayde in Chapter 1. He then quickly gets Excalibur at level 6, which has only 1 weight, so he can continue to be good for the first half of Chapter 3. He'll start falling off, especially after getting Mathilda, but the crit boost he gets from Gray support should still keep him competitive.

Kliff isn't that important. He can be an Archer or a Cav, but I prefer Archer for him so that he keeps having a niche. Cav Villagers, if not blessed, end up just competing with Clive very soon, and then completely replaced by Mathilda and trained Clair.

Python's start is terrible, and his growths aren't super solid. Depending on how his first one or two levels go, you may want to quickly drop him to be honest.

Faye should definitely be Cleric, but not for Anew. Physic and Rescue are the real draws, since you don't have to run back to Silque for healing, and Rescue means you can do dumb stuff with Warp and not have to pay for it at all.

The Fear Shrine provides the Duma Lance, which is pretty powerful. The other loot like the Hexlock Shield are cool, but not needed. If you think you can afford to do so, I'd nab the Duma Lance. Nuibaba Mansion isn't very necessary, but Tatiana has a much more powerful Warp than Silque most of the time, and having two Warps is always wonderful. I honestly don't know if Tatiana's Warp and not having to fight Zeke are worth the turns incurred by Fear Mountain and Nuibaba's Mansion, though. If you think you can finish Fear Mountain quickly, then it might be worth a shot.

The Dragon Shrine doesn't really add turns, since the straight run to the Mila Shrine doesn't have encounters. It does take up an extra day, but the day limit is pretty generous iirc. The promotions you can get at the Dragon Shrine can probably help you save turns at Mila's Temple.

Not sure about fighting map spawns with main enemies. Most map spawns are quite easy to clear, while being swarmed by two sets of enemies at once can possibly incur additional turns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It does take up an extra day, but the day limit is pretty generous iirc.

there's a day limit as well? i thought it was 500 turns, no other caveats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stopwatch said:

there's a day limit as well? i thought it was 500 turns, no other caveats.

There isn't one? I could be wrong, since information about this medal keeps changing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought by "turns" it meant "days". Otherwise I can think of no reason why the day system exists. I think that it was even caleld "turns" in the original gaiden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

There isn't one? I could be wrong, since information about this medal keeps changing.

Well, if we do our best to minimize random encounters, we should clear both 500 turns and 500 days at the same time.

Edited by Stopwatch
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2017 at 8:46 PM, Stopwatch said:

50 hours on hard/classic mode have been well rewarded - I've beaten the main story and Thabes Labyrinth. I'm thinking my next endeavor will be for the 'Blitzkrieg' medal, awarded for beating the entire main story in 500 turns or fewer. I'd like to discuss the best ways to do this.

obviously, Normal/casual is the way to go to minimize the need to do anything except attack, attack, attack. fun fact, this will be my first casual run of any fire emblem game. I'll take my pat on the back now.

second, map encounters and fights in dungeons need to be kept to a minimum. Here's how I think this should be done: 

  • in dungeons, avoid any enemies you possibly can. Duh. There are a few unskippable in Duma Tower. 
  • Skip any dungeons you don't have to do. I imagine i'll do Thieve's Den for Silque and the all important WARP ability. (we're going to abuse the crap out of it, almost certainly.) Also, sylvan shrine to get a Gold mark to make a Steel sword into Zweihänder at the Rigelian village. (or rhomphaia, but ridersbane is helpful all the way until and possibly including act 5.) I don't see why fear mountain or Dragon Shrine need to be done at all. 
  • on the world map, try to fight any enemies that spawn from other armies in acts 3 and 4 DURING the main chapters, to minimize the total number of encounters. i just have a feeling that it'll take fewer turns than fighting two smaller battles. 
  • See if it's possible to do Grieth's Citadel before Temple of Mila with NO grinding. Otherwise, it adds graveyard fights.
  • don't go to the mountain village more than once, for atlas and to forge the shadow sword into a brave sword, or else you'll end up fighting the graveyard terrors more than the minimum number of times (once or twice if you don't go to the village at all, two or three times if you go to the village once and it spawns behind you, and up to five times if you go twice.) RNG probably plays a factor in whether or not they spawn there.

 

Lets talk classes.

  • I'd like to say Faye should be a cleric, strictly for Anew. However, it's possible that she'll get left in the dust by the mounted units we will likely rely on, and Saint level 14 might not even happen in 500 turns or fewer. I'd say Pegasus knight, but i'm open to consideration.
  • Somebody should be a mercenary so that they can use the Zweihänder we're going to get. Alm can be using the royal sword for Double Lion purposes, so he doesn't need to use it, and the dread fighters in Celica's party will either have their own or won't know Tigerstance by the time they get to endgame. I digress. My vote for Mercenary is either gray or tobin.
  • Either two cavaliers or a cav and an archer. The archer is admittedly a personal preference- i'd like some range for until we pick up python and the mage siblings. But it's not 100% required for any portion. It'll probably help with the Last Bastion and Nuibaba's abode though.

 

I just realized that I don't know: do you even have to beat nuibaba to progress the story, if you'd sooner just skip Tatiana and kill Zeke? I obviously did not do that in my first playthrough.

Any recommendations or advice are welcome. especially if you've already gotten this medal.

Got this on my first run (hard classic) doing all dungeons and not really trying to avoid any encounters. Didn't intentionally go for it just wanted to see if there was a lunatic mode. Anyways just warping a drugged up Faye into the largest concentration of enemies, rescuing her husbando and punching the nos button will kill just about everything Duma and Lab included, spamming the unholy everything out of bows and horse to clean shop is pretty easy once good waifu has done her thing (Python/Kliff/Tobin/Grey were all BK's) this is pretty much my go-to strat now.

Tigerstance is broken but it kicks in way too late, that's bowforge money you're throwing away that is, just sell the marks and crank out some killer bows and a radiant bow. Edit: Delthea baits witches like no other. No idea why. It makes dealing with them waaay easier though. Also trains her for free, which is nice in the final dungeon. Do Sylvan and the exotic spice subquests and you can crank out a set of endgame weapons in forest village.

No reason to skip abode, witch spam on the main map will cost more turns than skipping will save.

Even if you take a more sane well thought out and reasonable approach go cleric on Faye for rescue. (she can get anew in a 500 turn game easily by virtue of seeing more combat than the rest of your army combined The issue is more that faye is almost always more useful than the nerd you're dancing.)

Ceilica's side just gets torn apart by drugged up whitewings (sans est) and the BK/DF crew. Think my Ceilica finished up at like... level 8/1.99? Got lazy and turnwheeled a lot of bow-dodging in the desert.

You'll probably finish with party's like:

Alm(hero)/Faye(saint)/Silque(saint)/Titania(saint/Gray(BK)/Tobin(BK)/Kliff(BK)/Mathilda(GK)/Clair(Falco)/Filler (Delthea or Zeke)

Ceilica(underleveld)/Palla!(Blood goddess)/Catria (Less Useful Blood Goddess)/ BK Leon/ BK Valbar or Atlas/Neeeeeeeerds

Edit: Just engage map enemies on the shortest map possible without spawning another mapnerd. It's a 1-2 turn cost per engagement and you have 300+ turns to burn outside the main story.

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2017 at 9:46 PM, Stopwatch said:

 

  • in dungeons, avoid any enemies you possibly can. Duh. There are a few unskippable in Duma Tower. 

Yep, that's the way to go

  • Skip any dungeons you don't have to do. I imagine i'll do Thieve's Den for Silque and the all important WARP ability. (we're going to abuse the crap out of it, almost certainly.) Also, sylvan shrine to get a Gold mark to make a Steel sword into Zweihänder at the Rigelian village. (or rhomphaia, but ridersbane is helpful all the way until and possibly including act 5.) I don't see why fear mountain or Dragon Shrine need to be done at all. 

You should still explore the dungeons for treasure chests and Lion Heads. You'll really want those extra stats, since most of your units will be much lower leveled than you might expect after your first playthrough.

  • on the world map, try to fight any enemies that spawn from other armies in acts 3 and 4 DURING the main chapters, to minimize the total number of encounters. i just have a feeling that it'll take fewer turns than fighting two smaller battles. 

Could go either way, depending on the map. I imagine getting reinforcements on a map like Wolf's Fort makes things take longer than it otherwise would. Maybe try letting the enemy attack first too, so you have an easier time clearing battles in one turn when possible?

  • See if it's possible to do Grieth's Citadel before Temple of Mila with NO grinding. Otherwise, it adds graveyard fights.

It's possible, and you really want to do Grieth's Citadel first anyways for Palla/Catria. 

  • don't go to the mountain village more than once, for atlas and to forge the shadow sword into a brave sword, or else you'll end up fighting the graveyard terrors more than the minimum number of times (once or twice if you don't go to the village at all, two or three times if you go to the village once and it spawns behind you, and up to five times if you go twice.) RNG probably plays a factor in whether or not they spawn there.

Not really advice, but why the Brave Sword? Deen gives you his one way or another. Also, once you clear an Act, all spawns stop for the areas in that Act IIRC, so you can go back once you clear Celica Act 3 without penalty.

 

Lets talk classes.

  • I'd like to say Faye should be a cleric, strictly for Anew. However, it's possible that she'll get left in the dust by the mounted units we will likely rely on, and Saint level 14 might not even happen in 500 turns or fewer. I'd say Pegasus knight, but i'm open to consideration.

She should be a Cleric, but for Rescue and early Physic. She's never going to see Anew in this kind of playthrough sadly.

  • Somebody should be a mercenary so that they can use the Zweihänder we're going to get. Alm can be using the royal sword for Double Lion purposes, so he doesn't need to use it, and the dread fighters in Celica's party will either have their own or won't know Tigerstance by the time they get to endgame. I digress. My vote for Mercenary is either gray or tobin.

Gray. He's a decent Merc, but pretty bad as anything else honestly.

  • Either two cavaliers or a cav and an archer. The archer is admittedly a personal preference- i'd like some range for until we pick up python and the mage siblings. But it's not 100% required for any portion. It'll probably help with the Last Bastion and Nuibaba's abode though.

My vote goes to Mage!Tobin and Archer!Kliff. Clive isn't great, but he's good enough and Kliff isn't going to pick up so much steam by the time Clive shows up so as to make him irrelevant. Mathtilda and Claire (and later Zeke) are so much better as mounted units than anything Kliff could ever bring to the table. He has availability over them, and sadly not a whole lot else. Res would be a selling point I guess, but that only makes him even more appealing as an Archer in my eyes. 

 

I just realized that I don't know: do you even have to beat nuibaba to progress the story, if you'd sooner just skip Tatiana and kill Zeke? I obviously did not do that in my first playthrough.

No, but you'd still want to do it. The combo of Warp/Physic/Fortify/Seraphim automatically makes Tatiana good, and coincidentally, Zeke ain't half bad with the Gradivus. You'd lose some time initially, but you'd make up at least 2 turns right away just from not having to fight Zeke, and just having the two of them around makes things so much easier anyways. In the long run, you'll probably break even or very near, and you definitely want that second Warp and Fortify for the last map.

Any recommendations or advice are welcome. especially if you've already gotten this medal.

Beat Celica Act 4 first, pass the Mage Ring before you go into Duma Tower. Proceed to watch Delthia solo every mage ever. Pass the ring around to Luthier/Early Mage/Tatiana/Silque/Faye as needed to blow by groups of high DEF enemies safely and with ease. 

Favor Claire with Attack statues (possibly a Pegasus Cheese if you're worried about endgame, but really 9/10 times you don't need it and almost certainly not on Normal) and Mathilda with the +Def stuff once she hits Gold Knight. Really, just do everything you can to make the two of them as good as possible, since they'll be leading the offense for quite a while.

Forge the Ridersbane to max before anything else. Other choices are a lot more flexible, but that one is pretty much non-negotiable. +9 MT 1 WT effective damage is way too good to pass up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't care about days, only turns are taken into account.


Fear Shrine has 2, Dragon Shrine has 1 groups of unskippable enemies guarding chests.
It won't take too much turns if we beat them but skip other enemies.
I did skip all the walking-around enemies, and as a result the EXP became quite limited:
1. I had no Bow Knight in my first Blitzkrieg run. (1 in the second Blitzkrieg run, who was Leon.)
2. Tatiana didn't get Invoke or Warp.
3. Silque didn't reach lv12 to promote as Warp gives no EXP. (She did in the second run
)
4. And of course Faye didn't get Anew.

Everyone except Alm, Celica and Delthea promoted ASAP, and most of them ended up at lv1~5, or even unpromoted.
Both runs are Hard/classical, by the way.

I prefer Kliff as the first Dread Fighter of Alm's side.
His only problem is ATK, but Lightning Sword ignores this and makes him perfect in early games.
Myrmidon has 14 base SPD and Kliff has 60+5 growth. After 9+N level-ups he will hopefully be able to double endgame Dread Fighters.
Dread Fighter
 has 15 base ATK, which is good enough with a forged weapon.
Grey hardly get ATK bonus from promoting, so I think it is fine to keep Grey as a Myrmidon and level up Kliff first.
In my second Blitzkrieg run, Kliff promoted to Dread Fighter in Sylvan Shrine, and Grey promoted in the middle of Act 4.

Edited by Tooru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm doing a Blitzkrieg run myself now, and I've done all of the optional routes/shrines so far. I'm sitting at 201 turns total going into Chapter 4. I'm pretty much in the safe zone for the medal, but I'm definitely not winning any awards lol. I could have saved a couple of turns in this, as I didn't forge the Lightning Sword when I should have, and I messed up by going to the Forest Shrine before Forest Village, which meant I had to make the trip twice to get the Blessed Lance for Celica side, causing map spawns.

Healers are really suffering in this run. Faye and Silque remain unpromoted, while Genny barely managed to promote before Ch 4 via Lion Wells.

My Whitewings are both promoted, which puts me in pretty good shape (though Palla got Atk screwed), but Saber is 15 EXP away from promotion into Dread Fighter... I may have to backtrack for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 27, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Stopwatch said:

50 hours on hard/classic mode have been well rewarded - I've beaten the main story and Thabes Labyrinth. I'm thinking my next endeavor will be for the 'Blitzkrieg' medal, awarded for beating the entire main story in 500 turns or fewer. I'd like to discuss the best ways to do this.

obviously, Normal/casual is the way to go to minimize the need to do anything except attack, attack, attack. fun fact, this will be my first casual run of any fire emblem game. I'll take my pat on the back now.

second, map encounters and fights in dungeons need to be kept to a minimum. Here's how I think this should be done: 

  • in dungeons, avoid any enemies you possibly can. Duh. There are a few unskippable in Duma Tower. 
  • Skip any dungeons you don't have to do. I imagine i'll do Thieve's Den for Silque and the all important WARP ability. (we're going to abuse the crap out of it, almost certainly.) Also, sylvan shrine to get a Gold mark to make a Steel sword into Zweihänder at the Rigelian village. (or rhomphaia, but ridersbane is helpful all the way until and possibly including act 5.) I don't see why fear mountain or Dragon Shrine need to be done at all. 
  • on the world map, try to fight any enemies that spawn from other armies in acts 3 and 4 DURING the main chapters, to minimize the total number of encounters. i just have a feeling that it'll take fewer turns than fighting two smaller battles. 
  • See if it's possible to do Grieth's Citadel before Temple of Mila with NO grinding. Otherwise, it adds graveyard fights.
  • don't go to the mountain village more than once, for atlas and to forge the shadow sword into a brave sword, or else you'll end up fighting the graveyard terrors more than the minimum number of times (once or twice if you don't go to the village at all, two or three times if you go to the village once and it spawns behind you, and up to five times if you go twice.) RNG probably plays a factor in whether or not they spawn there.

 

Lets talk classes.

  • I'd like to say Faye should be a cleric, strictly for Anew. However, it's possible that she'll get left in the dust by the mounted units we will likely rely on, and Saint level 14 might not even happen in 500 turns or fewer. I'd say Pegasus knight, but i'm open to consideration.
  • Somebody should be a mercenary so that they can use the Zweihänder we're going to get. Alm can be using the royal sword for Double Lion purposes, so he doesn't need to use it, and the dread fighters in Celica's party will either have their own or won't know Tigerstance by the time they get to endgame. I digress. My vote for Mercenary is either gray or tobin.
  • Either two cavaliers or a cav and an archer. The archer is admittedly a personal preference- i'd like some range for until we pick up python and the mage siblings. But it's not 100% required for any portion. It'll probably help with the Last Bastion and Nuibaba's abode though.

 

I just realized that I don't know: do you even have to beat nuibaba to progress the story, if you'd sooner just skip Tatiana and kill Zeke? I obviously did not do that in my first playthrough.

Any recommendations or advice are welcome. especially if you've already gotten this medal.

Might know this, might not, but Calla, Patra and Atlas leave your party if you try to head to the Mila Temple before beating Greta's Citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jotari said:

Might know this, might not, but Calla, Patra and Atlas leave your party if you try to head to the Mila Temple before beating Greta's Citadel.

Something odd happened to me on my first run - I missed Palla and Catria at first. Didn't pick them up until later when I was having a little trouble with Mila's Temple. So I picked up Atlas, went north, and he left my party. Tried Mila's Temple, didn't succeed at first, left and discovered Palla and Catria, then came back and completed Mila's Temple with their assistance.

What I'm saying is, I did not realize that there was such a case for Palla and Catria, and I accidentally bypassed the flag that tells them to leave. Very interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stopwatch said:

Something odd happened to me on my first run - I missed Palla and Catria at first. Didn't pick them up until later when I was having a little trouble with Mila's Temple. So I picked up Atlas, went north, and he left my party. Tried Mila's Temple, didn't succeed at first, left and discovered Palla and Catria, then came back and completed Mila's Temple with their assistance.

What I'm saying is, I did not realize that there was such a case for Palla and Catria, and I accidentally bypassed the flag that tells them to leave. Very interesting.

What really? I reset when it happened to me but I assumed you could just recruit them again and they'd continually leave until you rescued Est. That's just weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made things interesting by aiming for Blitzkrieg on my first playthough, so I did it while playing 'blind' (Okay, not blind, I played Gaiden on my famicon so I had a general idea of what to expect.) It was a good way to see how much leeway Blitzkrieg gives to a player if they aren't playing at peak efficiency.

  • It's the first time I played a fire emblem game on normal difficulty since Radiant Dawn. (Allowed for more reckless play, which made for interesting moments like pic related.)
  • I cleared every area and recruited every character. (no stone left unturned)
  • Didn't fully utilize the blacksmith so I didn't have 'broken' weapons like the Killer Bow.
  • I did use The Astral Temple DLC to farm some weapons for everyone (but did not know how the Zodiac shards worked at the time and didn't use those.)
  • I did restart a few times to reduce the amount of +1 levels ups, but only did it if multiple characters got RNG screwed in a single chapter.

I still got it in the end even through all that. So if you're not looking to be fancy by clearing this on hard/classic with no DLC. The only thing you really need to do is make sure you avoid as a chunk of the battles in dungeons since that's where a majority of your turns will get chewed up. Although making sure your characters aren't RNG screwed. It goes a long way in the endgame where a skirmish will be an endless slog if your characters aren't strong enough. (And map design, in conjunction with the fatigue system, makes having a single RNG blessed character solo maps for you nonviable.)

WVW69kWmu9w9PUp2WY.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're gonna use DLC for your blitzkrieg run
just go straight for inner sanctum. It's really easy to avoid enemies and just hit pots to pick up rare weapons and shards without actually engaging enemies.
With a little practice you can virtually dodge almost all enemies without much effort, and worst case scenario you do actually get into a battle you can restart or just retreat in 3 turns, and since in inner sanctum you usually have enough space to evade them before the retreat turn 3 limit comes up its not a big deal level wise.
Only thing you really have to worry about is a sniper that has a chance of spawning with a myrmidon, but that's about it.
The reward potential is off the chain, Brave swords are fairly common as are silver lances/bows
Of course there is always the chance of getting an Astra/Sol/Luna (quite low though) which will just invalidate the challenge outright

Edited by Tsak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fear shrine is like the most efficent exp/turn spot in the game if you forged good weapons thanks to the cantor 2x shaman spawn by the idol, it's worth farming a bit of exp there for benchmarks and warp on Tatiana for safety.

Also my vote for "most useful fork" goes to BK Boey. You get just enough money in the game with the coral frag subquest to forge a killer bow pre-desert and playing pass the bow between 2 snipers is just delicious in those maps.

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going for this on Hard Classic, and I'm currently at 54 turns after clearing Act 1.  Some maps could have been cleared faster with more liberal Lightning Sword use, but I didn't want Gray hogging all the Exp I need to be feeding into Faye, Alm, and Kliff.  I'm thinking 500 total turns is pretty lenient with minimal encounters, anyway.  Using Merc!Gray, Mage!Tobin, Archer!Kliff, and Cleric!Faye.

Anyone know if it's possible to prevent additional map encounters all-together by diligently saving/re-loading if one spawns?  Or is the RNG for this per-determined somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tsak said:

If you're gonna use DLC for your blitzkrieg run
just go straight for inner sanctum. It's really easy to avoid enemies and just hit pots to pick up rare weapons and shards without actually engaging enemies.
With a little practice you can virtually dodge almost all enemies without much effort, and worst case scenario you do actually get into a battle you can restart or just retreat in 3 turns, and since in inner sanctum you usually have enough space to evade them before the retreat turn 3 limit comes up its not a big deal level wise.
Only thing you really have to worry about is a sniper that has a chance of spawning with a myrmidon, but that's about it.
The reward potential is off the chain, Brave swords are fairly common as are silver lances/bows
Of course there is always the chance of getting an Astra/Sol/Luna (quite low though) which will just invalidate the challenge outright

So, DLC turns are counted for the medal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheTrueKnight said:

So, DLC turns are counted for the medal?

i assume, but if you never get into a battle you wouldn't really be making a turns at all. I recommend  the inner sanctum cuz its easier to dodge enemies and the rewards are much greater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tsak said:

i assume, but if you never get into a battle you wouldn't really be making a turns at all. I recommend  the inner sanctum cuz its easier to dodge enemies and the rewards are much greater

But I wanted to farm DLC exp/money lol, the Inner Sanctum is pretty useless - or, just not worth the time. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheTrueKnight said:

But I wanted to farm DLC exp/money lol, the Inner Sanctum is pretty useless - or, just not worth the time. :(

It can give you some of the best weapons in the game very easily. Alongside items that increase your growth rates which should significantly lower the chance of RNG screwing you over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It can give you some of the best weapons in the game very easily. Alongside items that increase your growth rates which should significantly lower the chance of RNG screwing you over.

Sure, but a full level 20 team could have been useful too. :P:

I'll do my best to do my run fast, I only miss 3 medals : Blitzkrieg, kill 300 dragons (seriously...) and collect Astra, Sol and Luna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...