Fightin' Idoun

Florete

Or, you could take 3 turns, and gain some experience for the link arena. Nearly infinite reinforcements=glorious exp for supported units. Roy kills her no matter what anyways, its just more fun if hes lvl 20 when he does it.

Or, you could take 3 turns, and gain some experience for the link arena. Nearly infinite reinforcements=glorious exp for supported units. Roy kills her no matter what anyways, its just more fun if hes lvl 20 when he does it.

Ah, geez, i didn;t know that.....oh well, it was nice to beat the game the first time.

Haha, I did that as well, but for over 50 turns. I also brought Merlinus so I could distribute the statboosters that I mass-purchased from the secret shops XD

Idoun wasn't really much of a boss at all. I consider Zephiel to be the real boss of this game, he is after all the main villian in FE6

He doesn't have the speed to be a good boss. He does have the Exaacus, which is fantastic, but the only challenge that came was from entering the room and not have someone die, but even that wasn't to hard.

Zephiel isn't a problem simply because he doesn't move around, so you can take forever to kill him, like a lot of FE bosses supposed to be troublesome. Idoun isn't a problem because she is weak defensively, has no range and has low movement. What they could (and should) have done was merge them into a moving boss with Idoun's stats and a ranged attack that gets throne bonuses.

That would make sense if it was a panel type thing, but it still wouldn't be that tough given the weapon bonuses and supports. Even though magic users can't take 2 hits, they certainly have enough mag to heal each other, as any Sage Druid or Bishop can heal back, so even a heal staff will save all the other units and each other.

At least you'd be forced to use Physic or something, because this hypothetical boss would go for the things he'd OHKO (i.e. magic units).

Anything is tougher than this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I find that Zephiel was much harder than Idoun. But considering the lack of any prominent destructive features in Idoun besides her unmaxable stats which are 30 all over the board, he wasn't hard at all. I find it fun to just waste turns until Roy OHKO's Zephiel/Yahn/Idoun with a SoS crit. Roy+Lilina A support and SoS = EPIC WIN.

*Edit* Ignore the fact that I somehow accidentally double posted. Read it as a single post in whatever way that is possible.

Edited by SMoS

Poor Idoun. Easily the weakest boss in FE history, despite her stats which could all max at 30. And yeah, I'm saying she's weaker than FE5's Berdo. At the very least he had the throne bonus. Plus, he didn't have eight weapons made to kill baring down on him. I mean, even Zephiel had it better. Throne bonus, 1-2 range attack, decent stats which could all max at 30 as well..

Still, wasting turns waiting for an SoS crit was fun. It seemed to make things a little more.. Epic. :o