/rant

Destiny Hero

I say that this is the worst Fire Emblem. So bad, that I couldn't play it. How do you people enjoy it? The storyline is crap, the music is crap, and everything is decided by what weapon you use. It's filled with hax and if a character gets unlucky, and there's no way to prevent it, you have to redo the entire level. Furthermore, everyone's stats are absolutely puny. Most are around 10 or under. And the thing that REALLY made it so that I couldn't play is that chracters move 4-5 spaces, and there's stuff everywhere to make that number even smaller.

So, I ask, how do people stand this game? I can't push myself to beat it.

Stick to the Sacred Stones, froggy! Really, if you can complain about this game, then you might as well complain about all the others. The unlucky argument affects any game (except maybe Sacred Stones), and the story is more original than the rest of the games. Quite frankly, it's originality is why it's my absolute favorite in the series. It's also the first one I played, since this is the first American one.

I actually quite enjoyed Fire Emblem Blazing Sword. It had some good plot twists in it. Blazing Sword has some of the most interesting characters in the game... :mellow:

Albeit the worst game in the series (in my opinion), Sacred Stones is still a great game, just of a lesser quality than the other games.

If you liked that game, you also like this game.

Edited by Tino

Albeit the worst game in the series (in my opinion), Sacred Stones is still a great game, just of a lesser quality than the other games.

I like Sacred Stones as well. Actually I like all Fire Emblem games. I wished Sacred Stones was alittle more difficult. The plot I think was alright...

Edited by Kyuubi Nao

I say that this is the worst Fire Emblem. So bad, that I couldn't play it. How do you people enjoy it? The storyline is crap, the music is crap, and everything is decided by what weapon you use. It's filled with hax and if a character gets unlucky, and there's no way to prevent it, you have to redo the entire level. Furthermore, everyone's stats are absolutely puny. Most are around 10 or under. And the thing that REALLY made it so that I couldn't play is that chracters move 4-5 spaces, and there's stuff everywhere to make that number even smaller.

Stats puny? Of course, at level 1. As they level the stats increase.Simple. The music is quite excellent for the gameboy. WHat's wrong with small move? The maps would be over too fast otherwise.....

Why am I replying to an obviously a troll thread? I highly doubt this was an at all serious post....

This topic made me laugh out loud.

I say that this is the worst Fire Emblem. So bad, that I couldn't play it.

Obviously, you never played Sacred Stones, Sword of Seals, or the first two.

How do you people enjoy it? The storyline is crap, the music is crap, and everything is decided by what weapon you use.

Bad story? I'm sorry, it ain't FE4, but FE7's story wasn't bland compared to Sword of Seals and Sacred Stones's "ZOMG MUST DEFEAT INVADING ENEMY COUNTRY!!!1" Crap music? Play Sword of Seals and tell me that Blazing Sword still has crap music.

It's filled with hax and if a character gets unlucky, and there's no way to prevent it, you have to redo the entire level.

Every Fire Emblem is like that except for Radiant Dawn (in Easy and Normal mode, where there's Battle Save, so you don't have to redo the whole level should you get unlucky). Don't really see a point to that comment.

Furthermore, everyone's stats are absolutely puny. Most are around 10 or under.

Puny stats? Do you want to start with overpowered characters to make the game insanely easy that it'll be boring!?

And the thing that REALLY made it so that I couldn't play is that chracters move 4-5 spaces, and there's stuff everywhere to make that number even smaller.

Almost all FEs are like that. And on top of that, it shouldn't be an annoyance.

Stop letting the things in this game get the best of you. Try to beat it one day; you won't regret it.

Edited by Roserade

You only suppose to say that crap about Fire Emblem 2 and the BS Fire Emblme "add ons".

That might be a better word for those various games. If nothing else, Fire Emblem Gaiden was actually fairly interesting, although a better translation would help. "The war was ended by a knight....", why did they keep on saying that?

I enjoy the game because I like the characters. This game was not only the first Fire Emblem game I played, but the first game with a multitude of varied characters with their own fun personalities. I personally very much like the music, but that they may be a side-effect of nostalgia. I never found unit movements restrictive, but I can see how that might be the case if you played a different title in the series before this one.

I just think all the Fire Emblem games should be like Radiant Dawn. That one was actually playable. Great music and storyline, over eighty characters, and stuff like that. Stats are high enough that the entire game isn't based on what weapon your character is using.

I just think all the Fire Emblem games should be like Radiant Dawn. That one was actually playable. Great music and storyline, over eighty characters, and stuff like that. Stats are high enough that the entire game isn't based on what weapon your character is using.
That's actually why they call it a strategy game. And the games aren't so that badly built that one mistake spells instant game over. Radiant Dawn is no exception. And it's true that most Fire Emblem games don't have 80 characters, but what are the chances that every single character would be used throughout most of the game? It's true RD has a good storyline, but there's people out there that think it doesn't beat out Blazing Sword's storyline. (Myself included. I can't say anything about Genology of the Holy War, as I have never played it.) And you have to admit, there wasn't much character development going on with Ed, Nolan, Leo, Fiona, or Meg. Only one or two things are known about those characters. Whereas in other games, most notably FEs 6-9, through support conversations, we get to know things about the characters that we would normally see in the storyline. Edited by Little Al

So, dont play this game and stick with RD until the other game release.