Cuphead In: Don't Deal With the Mafia (Game Over)

Aizen

Oh, right, I was also going to comment on Baroness, who seems to have disappeared. Considering there was something I wanted them to answer, and a reread made me less okay with them, this doesn't sit well with me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know whatever. I've reread the thread again, but I just don't find Werner to be that suspicious. I suppose I get where you're coming from, he is very aggresive, but I would be too if I was under such fire. I don't agree with Beppi's reasoning. Your main problem with me is my lack of suspects/opinions yes? Well, in that case, you can honestly just give up at this point. I have never been good at it, and I will probably not be, think of it what you want. In my opinion, I don't find anyone suspicious enough for them to be alignment addictive, and most of these cases I have seen refer to very little things that are almost petty.

10 minutes ago, Hilda Berg said:

Your main problem with me is my lack of suspects/opinions yes? Well, in that case, you can honestly just give up at this point. I have never been good at it, and I will probably not be, think of it what you want.

Then why the fuck are you even playing this game

Seriously. This is fucking awful. Why the fuck should I just "give up" when I'm plainly being told that you're not going to participate in the game. Why should we keep you around with that attitude?

I was gonna post this an hour ago but I had a real life interruption so I'm in an even worse mood which is great

I have no idea what you're trying to say Werner, your quotes are all messed up or something. I'm voting you because I think you're not really trying to find scum. Your criticism of me is generic shit that only came up now after like five other people have said it. You being obtuse could be for whatever reason but I'm really annoyed so I'm having trouble concentrating on the game

Don't know if I'll be around tomorrow so whatever

1 hour ago, Beppi The Clown said:

Then why the fuck are you even playing this game

Seriously. This is fucking awful. Why the fuck should I just "give up" when I'm plainly being told that you're not going to participate in the game. Why should we keep you around with that attitude?

Let me rephrase this. I'm not good at making good arguments. Sure, i'll call out anything I find scummy, but don't expect master arguments like the one that you guys are making. 

What IS suspicious is your behaviour. You are getting so frustated and angry over something so little. Day 1 is the craziest most of the time here, I see this. But you are taking it to a whole other level. What is the reason you are being so frustrated? No need to swear just because i express my opinion, you know. 

i'll probably be around for phase end but will be gone for long parts of tomorrow.

@Werner- the difference between what you did and what Kahl did is that there was no context surrounding your post. nobody had called my post scummy before you so there's nothing I can infer about what you disliked about that post. In comparison, Kahl's vote was made when several other people had called you out and there was a semi-consensus among the people in the thread at the time that your two posts hadn't been good (although there was disagreement about how scummy they were).

@Hilda- we're all trying hard to try and find scum and you being dismissive of our play by saying that we're mostly just voting people for petty reasons is very frustrating. if you spent hours on something and I came in, took a 5-minute glance at it, and said it was shit, how would you feel? 

Baroness not posting today at all is also very frustrating. I definitely don't want to lynch Werner and Beppi's outburst towards Hilda seems genuine so I don't really feel like lynching him anymore today either. gonna do this for now

##Unvote, ##Vote: Rumor Honeybottom

based on my page 4 exchange with Rumor mainly. i also think Kahl's vote is good here. also at the time I was mostly ok with Rumor's posts other than the Matchstick/Kahl stuff but a lot of it is really thin townreads with a lot of qualifiers. I think townhunting can be okay but the way Rumor is doing it offers too many ways to back off opinions.

Day 1.3 - Votals
Werner Werman (3): Sally Stageplay, Djimmi The Great, Grim Matchstick
Beppi the Clown (2): Hilda Berg, Baroness Von Bon Bon
Rumor Honeybottoms (2): Dr. Kahl, Captain Brineybeard
Cala Maria (1): Cagney Carnation
Captain Brineybeard (1): Rumor Honeybottoms
Grim Matchstick (1): Werner Werman
Hilda Berg (1): Beppi The Clown
Djimmi The Great (1): Wally Warbles
Not Voting (1): Cala Maria

You have ~16 hours left in the day. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. For Day 1 only, the player with the most votes will be lynched (no hammer required).

Baroness Von Bon Bon and Djimmi The Great have been prodded.

13 minutes ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

@Hilda- we're all trying hard to try and find scum and you being dismissive of our play by saying that we're mostly just voting people for petty reasons is very frustrating. if you spent hours on something and I came in, took a 5-minute glance at it, and said it was shit, how would you feel? 

Lol, I didn't say that, I said it was petty because I think it is. I don't agree with it. So what if I don't agree with your reasoning, why are you trying to have me feel bad about myself?

43 minutes ago, Hilda Berg said:

What IS suspicious is your behaviour. You are getting so frustated and angry over something so little. Day 1 is the craziest most of the time here, I see this. But you are taking it to a whole other level. What is the reason you are being so frustrated? No need to swear just because i express my opinion, you know. 

You're being ridiculously unhelpful, essentially saying you're not going to play, and dismissing the effort of people who actually care about the game. How is this not a reason for me to get frustrated? Are you trolling?

i'm here and not in the most coherent frame of mind after a long day of watching sportsball. don't feel like doing much beyond skimming so let's do that

1 hour ago, Hilda Berg said:

You know whatever. I've reread the thread again, but I just don't find Werner to be that suspicious. I suppose I get where you're coming from, he is very aggresive, but I would be too if I was under such fire. I don't agree with Beppi's reasoning. Your main problem with me is my lack of suspects/opinions yes? Well, in that case, you can honestly just give up at this point. I have never been good at it, and I will probably not be, think of it what you want. In my opinion, I don't find anyone suspicious enough for them to be alignment addictive, and most of these cases I have seen refer to very little things that are almost petty.

this is such a classic stubborn town post it's not even funny

i'm feeling a towny sort of effort out of cagney that i like and they've had quite a few of the same thoughts that i've had (the above on hilda, for example)

@Wally Warbles it's not that i feel like a vote on kahl could have been perceived as an "easy mislynch" (assuming he's town, it's not/wouldn't be, under any circumstances); it's more that i feel like the manner in which the vote was made was safe regardless of who the vote was actually cast on

brineybeard: of course townreads on d1 are going to have qualifiers lmao. the instant i have any sort of confidence in any read i make i'll be sure to let you know. also, out of curiosity: what do you think about grim pushing werner? i have my own thoughts but i'd like to hear what you have to say on the matter

3 minutes ago, Beppi The Clown said:

You're being ridiculously unhelpful, essentially saying you're not going to play, and dismissing the effort of people who actually care about the game. How is this not a reason for me to get frustrated? Are you trolling?

oh hey, a confident read

this is town vs town

3 hours ago, Hilda Berg said:

You're not going to get good at it by giving up, either.

The majority of the players are town.  They need to eliminate the mafia.  Unless there's a vig, it's going to have to be done via lynch.  To figure out who to lynch, people need to read/talk.  If you don't find me suspicious, that's fine.  That means you've eliminated me as a lynch target.  Since self-voting is a really bad move, that leaves 11 other players.  D1 is a crapshoot, but it's also a valuable one.  By reading back on what happened during this phase, other townies can figure out who to lynch on future days.  No matter what faction you are, you don't have to be alive to win.  So if you're town, reread the thread, take notes on the other players, talk to them, get into tussles - your posts are your most valuable asset.  It's why I won't be mad if I'm lynched today - I should've made enough of an impression that the rest of the game can refer back to me, take my alignment into account, and update their reads accordingly.

If you're mafia, please tell us who the rest of your team is.

32 minutes ago, Rumor Honeybottoms said:

this is such a classic stubborn town post it's not even funny

WHAT about it makes it a town post?  Also, who's scum, and why?

This will be my last post for the phase.  Beppi's frustration reads as town, because I can't see mafia tying themselves that tightly to someone who's being uncooperative.  I feel that Hilda would be a policy lynch rather than a scum lynch, because an unhelpful player's lack of contribution will be felt more keenly in later phases, and this is not the kind of stubbornness I'd expect out of mafia.  While I won't protest a Honeybottoms lynch (the lack of scumreads is worrying, since phase end is coming up), her associative reads will be less than what I'd like due to her absence.  I'd much rather lynch Grim, who has associative reads and is content to sit on an early vote, despite other stuff happening.

@Cagney Carnation if Maria doesn't work out as a lynch target, who would you rather lynch?  You're hanging in the background, and I don't like wallflowers.

1 hour ago, Beppi The Clown said:

Stop putting words in my mouth please. I'm trying; but it's not easy. I didn't dismiss anyone's effort, you're making stuff up, which I don't appreciate. I'm in the game to have fun, so I post what I think is sus. However you continue to be like this, which is ruining my mood quite a bit. So i'm going to quit while i'm ahead. You know how I play. I tell you what I think is suspicious. That's how i've played from the beginnin. I'm trying my best.

@Werner Werman the manner in which it's delivered is entirely too lacking in self-awareness to come from a newbie scum player (i AM running off the assumption that hilda is a newbie - sorry if i'm wrong!)

in my experience, a newer scum player tends to err on the side of acquiescence to how the village thinks they should play, rather than sticking to their guns and brazenly maintaining their own playstyle

which is, i feel, what hilda is doing here

Urgh, I suck at D1.

After reading the talk about meta, I'm reminded of a game where someone's overall actions also looked towny but their interactions didn't. That person being town of course. Looking at it from that angle, Werner seems a bit more likely to be town...
I still don't like how he paints his actions off as towny, but I get the feeling I'm just being too hung up on it, where scum would probably not do it that obviously.

##unvote

I'm starting to get a pretty good idea about Hilda's identity, and if that's true their refusal to give reads is pretty NAI, which is greatly annoying me. I'm feeling very inclined to just lynch them now and be done with it, since more time is probably not going to help me get a better read on this slot, where it will help for others.

@Hilda Berg Since you're not talking a lot about reads, let me make I at least got the few things you said right:

- Since you said you didn't find anything that happened noteworthy, this means you don't see Werner repeatedly bringing up how he got the game out of rvs as a scum move right? This is important, because I feel it's been the most relevant topic today.

- Beppi is currently your main scumread, however weak it may be. Thus, you'd prefer to see him lynched today.

Please correct me if you feel I'm putting words in your mouth.

Rumor Honneybottoms not changing their RVS vote is still annoying, but again, I don't feel scum would be this obvious about not scumhunting or would put this much effort in townreading people.

@Rumor Honeybottoms That said, I'd still like you to talk about who you would lynch. You seem to have talked about quite a few people as townreads, so you shouldn't have that many lynch targets left right? Who would you rather lynch today? Is it the captain you're currently voting?

It seems Dimmy posted a lot less content then I thought. My first impression was that him pointing out Werners comment was good, but looking back that's mostly all he did... There's also the fact that he could likely have just seen a convinient way to jump onto a wagon with an original vote.

##Vote: Djimmi The Great

I'll be back online before deadline, but I can't gurantee I'll be around for the actual deadline.

Right so what I don't like is that @Grim Matchstick , I think that you avoiding any kind of analysis is bad. Like, you talk about Rumor's posts, well read them sometime? Rumor's posts were related to some of the stuff happening in the thread, how can you complain about the game being slow and then take a passive stance?I wasn't bothered by your RVS or even the initial Werner vote but subsequent posts show some kind of tunnel vision, I guess. Your vote right now looks like a votepark and it just looks really bad that you're refusing to read other players or do anything while you're complaining about the game being slow.

13 hours ago, Cagney Carnation said:

Something I completely skimmed over: I don't like Cala's empty unvote? did they just not have time to look through and vote someone else? they mention they would want to vote Grim or Djimmi and they give some reason for both and their post reads like they want to or should have voted Djimmi and didn't. and I don't know what they mean by this:

overall their vote on me kinda felt like making it for the sake of it given their recent unvote and reads inconsistent enough I think I'd rather have my vote here actually.

##unvote
##vote: cala maria

also what is up with the interactions between them and grim? I know we can't draw associations now but I think for future reference this is worth noting: Grim first seemed interested in what I thought of Cala Maria after I responded to their vote on me, and now we have Cala's empty unvote with a "I would probably vote Grim" but they proceed to ask Grim first their reads on other players.

I was in a hurry, I didn't want to make a hasty vote since I felt like I hadn't read the thread fully enough to make a good vote. In any case, you need to tell me how an empty vote has scum intent, because I really don't see where you're getting this read from.

The game has been slow and you openly admitted that your wording for your vote earlier was bad, of course  I'm going to push that, what else are you expecting? I want to see whether my intuition's right or not, I'm not getting that if I don't make a vote. We're out of RVS but we're stuck with only seven fucking pages, was I supposed to sit back or what, with such less content in the thread? Anyway, I was hoping that maybe new content would change the direction of my thought process but I wake up to see an extra page, gg.

Not lynching: Captain, Werner

Probably town but all reads feel the same: Beppi(I can literally summarize all of his reads as him not remembering as much about other players)

Should be town but the fuck is that vote?: Rumor Honeybottoms

Questionable start but doesn't have a lot going on: Cagney Carnation

Good start then vanished: Baroness Von Bon Bon

Who?: Wally Warbles, Sally Stageplay

His play is frustrating but I guessed his identity and am waffling hard: Grim Matchstick

I don't give  a fuck if this one gets lynched: Hilda Berg(yeah, I can't say anything about someone who refuses to contribute to the discussion)

Lurkscum Lol: Djimmi the Great