Cuphead In: Don't Deal With the Mafia (Game Over)

Aizen

5 minutes ago, Cagney Carnation said:

what is up with everyone being super aggressive this game by the way. it's been kinda hard reading posts I can't reallyget through the emotion sometimes.

Anonymous games just tend to be more aggressive in general, probably because everyone is hiding behind a fake name. Me, personally? I don't enjoy getting trolled by passive aggressive players that I'd love to say more about but can't because I've been requested to keep things civil.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/4/2018 at 2:36 AM, Cala Maria said:

Captain Brineybeard I don't know if this explains it better but Cagney looks like he's being self-conscious when he votes Grim and also mostly just uses the Honeybee's argument for why he thinks that Grim is scum. So the vote is a sheep but he's playing it off as a pressure vote and that looks very scummy to me. I feel like he has a stronger case on Kahl.

I'm going back to Cala's vote on me. I abruptly switched to Grim at this time, explained I didn't like my Bon Bon vote, and that my Grim vote was a pressure vote, but I don't remember explaining that well that I re-thought my Grim vote and realized it was mostly because I wasn't interested in the current wagons, and didn't really go into this UNTIL I switched my vote from Grim to Cala. here is what I posted in the post before I voted Cala:

my vote more came from me not seeing light in the Bon Bon case anymore and wanting to see more from Grim who I thought went under the radar in a scummy way.

I feel bad because I'm not feeling either of the biggest wagons right now and trying to find something else I could offer but anything I could think of is piggybacking off of offhand mentions people have made a la Djimmi, and I actually liked what they had before they disappeared. shit sucks

in Cala Maria's response to my vote on them, they posted this:

I was in a hurry, I didn't want to make a hasty vote since I felt like I hadn't read the thread fully enough to make a good vote. In any case, you need to tell me how an empty vote has scum intent, because I really don't see where you're getting this read from.

The game has been slow and you openly admitted that your wording for your vote earlier was bad, of course  I'm going to push that, what else are you expecting? I want to see whether my intuition's right or not, I'm not getting that if I don't make a vote. We're out of RVS but we're stuck with only seven fucking pages, was I supposed to sit back or what, with such less content in the thread? Anyway, I was hoping that maybe new content would change the direction of my thought process but I wake up to see an extra page, gg.

first of all they claim they were pushing me because I admitted my vote was bad, but they had unvoted me BEFORE I'd ever really admitted that. the reason I think you're scummy is because your reads so far haven't had a lot of conviction to them in my opinion, & the reason the empty unvote was scummy to me was because you even explained in your post you thought Grim and Djimmi were scummy but you didn't want to commit to a vote on them, which reads hesitant, and your inconsistency from earlier (& the hypocrisy I pointed out) just doesn't make me feel much better about this slot. You even got on me for voting Grim "even though I had a better case on Kahl" but again you go on with doing kind of what exactly you voted me for. (this combined with what I pointed out earlier:

I mean Maria's initial reason for voting me is ok, I shouldn't have implied I was exclusively voting you for pressure when I wasn't. but I didn't feel like voting for Kahl and I don't feel like I gave enough reason or conviction to vote Kahl I literally just sat there & was like "I liked them until the vote switch" and Maria LITERALLY stated the same exact thing about Kahl, then followed that up with "I want to see more from them though" then sat her vote on me.

)

again, explained better because I didn't really in the previous paragraph: "you openly admitted that your wording for your vote earlier was bad, or course I'm going to push that." first of all it didn't take a whole lot to convince you to unvote me, you didn't really push it that hard. second of all, again, that wasn't really exactly what you voted me for, at least from what I can see. I get that you don't have time to post or whatever but that isn't going to make me think you're any less scummier by itself.

can the people who think Cala Maria is town explain to me why they think so? again I don't really know meta or anything of the sort and this is an anonymous game anyway so I'm not going off of that at all. also this Djimmi wagon isn't the best and I can acknowledge that but I don't think Werner or Beppi are scum.

really hope that Djimmi comes back on D2 but ultimately him not talking about enough stuff in the short time he was around and then not being around after isn't enough for me to vote him. If he's who we lynch in the end that's fine I guess but if he flips town D2 will basically be a continuation of D1 because we're not going to get any kind of good interactions from him.

Rumor's play is super frustrating but I just don't really understand why as scum they wouldn't just have voted Matchstick by now. Like I can't understand the scum motivation in standing out in that way when a Matchstick vote would have been very consistent with their in-thread reasoning, even if I didn't agree with that reasoning. At the very least, once they started getting voted on the basis of having no non-RVS vote, I would have expected them to vote somebody. This isn't a townread but I don't feel confident enough in this to lynch them either.

so yolo let's start this turbowagon ##Unvote, ##Vote: Sally Stageplay

that leaves me with SALLY. I said this at the time but I don't really like the Werner case that much. I don't think the case is that scummy but I dislike the rest of her content now that I read it more. Her push on Beppi I think is sort of hypocritical, which she even admits but still goes along with it. She calls him out for not doing much beyond voting/expanding on Werner. She admits that that's also similar to what she's doing, but differentiates it later by saying that Beppi isn't really looking for scum intent in other posts (the implication being that she is), but just sort of responding to them. But looking at her posts that's pretty much also what she's doing, because Beppi is her only side suspicion, so if she was him, she also wouldn't have anything but Werner. Yes, she's going to be a bit more effort with regards to reading up on people, but she's still mainly just saying "oh this is all fine", she's not really providing any takeaways about their alignment.

Then on to this post- the Werner unvote is okay, but the entire blurb on Hilda I really dislike. Despite not thinking that Hilda's actions have been alignment indicative, she wants to lynch her anyways. Sure, maybe Hilda doesn't do anything later on that makes her alignment easier to read, but by pre-emptively lynching her you're preventing the possibility in the first place. Characterizing the most important thing in the phase to be Werner emphasizing their towniness by getting us out of RVS is also weird because afaicr that was only her specific reason for voting Werner, not anyone else's. The Djimmi vote also bothers me; I think Kahl did a good job saying why so I won't repeat it.

Finally, this post about Rumor is also really bad- a paragraph defending Rumor followed by a sentence where she partially takes it back with a dramatic ellipsis at the end, leaving her with the option to jump onto that wagon later if she wants.

also ok to go back to Baroness because this sucks:

2 hours ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

I actually kind of agree that the Djimmi lynch is bad to an extent, but that's solely because they haven't been around.  Realistically that's null.  Also from my current position I feel that I'll end up being swayed to vote Djimmi.

Cala randomly made a list post of reads which really stood out to me and I think it's very weird.  This along with Cagney's earlier insistence on the slot makes me want to reread it.

I don't want to lynch Werner or Beppi on the current wagon, which leaves Djimmi at 4 and Rumor at 2.  I don't quite know what people have been reading Rumor as scum but I've been extremely null on Rumor.  I don't have any sort of strong read on him from what I've seen.  I am gonna go do a reread of Djimmi, Rumor, Kahl and Cala after this post and see if I can get a stronger thought on Rumor and Cala.

So before I do my reread I would be at Djimmi > Cala > Rumor.  I currently have more town reads than scum reads and that's frustrating for me, mainly because the people I was previously scum reading became town reads(Insert Beppi, Hilda, Werner.)

##Unvote:

Not revoting yet because I don't want to get Djimmi hammered yet and that's the top of the list as of this post.

Preview edit: If rumor is voting RVS target still then that probably raises Rumor above Cala in lynch priority until I do my reread of stuff.

Djimmi lynch is bad because they haven't been around, which is null. But Baroness is going to vote Djimmi anyways??? Why? The last thing Baroness said about Djimmi (and he stopped posting before she did so she was caught up on his posts) was her saying that she actually liked his vote now that he explained it better. I don't know why she would have Djimmi above Cala in the priority.

Whoops, didn't finish:

Something about how that first bit about being swayed to vote Djimmi and that second-last bit about not voting yet also kind of bothers me because it's like pre-supposing that she's going to end up voting Djimmi even before she's reread the three of them? Not sure if that makes sense.

Really not feeling well sorry.

@Pirate: I don't nesacarilly have an issue with Cala's reads themselves, outside of the fact that they are mostly town reads, but that's also similar to my own situation.  More on the fact that I am just rubbed wrong by the list post. I don't think it was really asked for and it really strikes me as off, I don't quite know what sparked the need to post it.

WRT your most recent post, first the part focused at me:

I didn't explain it well in my post but the fact that I said I would vote Djimmi is more of a consolidation in my eyes.  2 of the other wagons are people I don't want to lynch and I'd rather see Djimmi hung up instead of them.  The only other people I saw that to counterwagon are Cala and Rumor.  Rumor is a fairly high null read in my eyes and I'll be honest I'll skimmed a fair amount of the wall posts made by them in my first passing.  With Cala being someone that I am scumreading at the moment, part of that being gut though.  And with potentially not enough people to be around to vote swap or unvote I wasn't sure if a Djimmi lynch would stop one way or the other. So it was more of a PoE thing there because I also thought a hammer was required. Please also try to understand my previous 3 scum reads all flipped to town reads which left me high and dry with no proper scum reads here now towards the end of the phase.

I'd much rather lynch Cala but considering Cala has zero votes I don't see that happening.  I'd be glad to put my vote where my mouth is though.

##Vote: Cala

Let me state I haven't read your Sally case yet, so let me go and read that.

11 minutes ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

Whoops, didn't finish:

Something about how that first bit about being swayed to vote Djimmi and that second-last bit about not voting yet also kind of bothers me because it's like pre-supposing that she's going to end up voting Djimmi even before she's reread the three of them? Not sure if that makes sense.

I didn't quite understand all of this, could you explain better?

eh I reread Cala's posts and I didn't agree with several of them (particularly her Cagney stuff) but I don't think she's scum. I think all her posts were well reasoned and I think her unvote is fine in the context. It's a little weird that later when she came back she didn't vote Grim Matchstick since she was pushing him for a while but that's not that bad. She was also the first one to start the Djimmi lurkscum thing, at a point in time where it kind of made sense that he might be lurking and not just inactive, so her belief there seems fine to me. I don't want to lynch her today.

First off can we not.

I heavily dislike turbos, especially if Sally isn't even around for phase end time.  I fully believe we should stick to one of the people that are actual candidates.  This sounds hypocritical of me because I'm currently voting Casa, but realistically that vote isn't going anywhere I feel in this time frame but it was made as a statement to captain since he seems to not understand how the game has been played this entire day phase.

This game has been slow, people have been talking slowly.  There hasn't been a crazy amount of pages made and wagons weren't even really built up until much later in the day phase.  All of this together is why I assumed I would have to vote Djimmi for hammer.  Lol we don't need hammer.

2 minutes ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

eh I reread Cala's posts and I didn't agree with several of them (particularly her Cagney stuff) but I don't think she's scum. I think all her posts were well reasoned and I think her unvote is fine in the context. It's a little weird that later when she came back she didn't vote Grim Matchstick since she was pushing him for a while but that's not that bad. She was also the first one to start the Djimmi lurkscum thing, at a point in time where it kind of made sense that he might be lurking and not just inactive, so her belief there seems fine to me. I don't want to lynch her today.

You acknowledge that someone has scummy play but would instead lynch someone else at complete random with a turbo instead?

????

D8CRtMS.jpg

Day 1.6 - Votals
Djimmi The Great (3): Wally Warbles, Sally StageplayCala Maria
Cala Maria (2): Baroness Von Bon Bon, Cagney Carnation
Werner Werman (2): Djimmi The Great, Grim Matchstick
Beppi the Clown (1): Hilda Berg
Grim Matchstick (1): Werner Werman
Hilda Berg (1): Beppi The Clown
Rumor Honeybottoms (1): Dr. Kahl
Sally Stageplay (1): Captain Brineybeard
Not Voting (1): Rumor Honeybottoms

You have 36 minutes left in the day. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. For Day 1 only, the player with the most votes will be lynched (no hammer required).

1 hour ago, Dr. Kahl said:

Yes.  I wouldn't consider it obvious anyways considering barely anyone has called her out for it.  Townreads are easy to backtrack on, I do it all of the time as scum.  Djimmi keeping options open isn't worse because it happened during ED1 and I doubt that action had as much scum intent as people are ascribing to it.

This is quite a good point actually.

9 minutes ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

really hope that Djimmi comes back on D2 but ultimately him not talking about enough stuff in the short time he was around and then not being around after isn't enough for me to vote him. If he's who we lynch in the end that's fine I guess but if he flips town D2 will basically be a continuation of D1 because we're not going to get any kind of good interactions from him.

Rumor's play is super frustrating but I just don't really understand why as scum they wouldn't just have voted Matchstick by now. Like I can't understand the scum motivation in standing out in that way when a Matchstick vote would have been very consistent with their in-thread reasoning, even if I didn't agree with that reasoning. At the very least, once they started getting voted on the basis of having no non-RVS vote, I would have expected them to vote somebody. This isn't a townread but I don't feel confident enough in this to lynch them either.

that leaves me with SALLY. I said this at the time but I don't really like the Werner case that much. I don't think the case is that scummy but I dislike the rest of her content now that I read it more. Her push on Beppi I think is sort of hypocritical, which she even admits but still goes along with it. She calls him out for not doing much beyond voting/expanding on Werner. She admits that that's also similar to what she's doing, but differentiates it later by saying that Beppi isn't really looking for scum intent in other posts (the implication being that she is), but just sort of responding to them. But looking at her posts that's pretty much also what she's doing, because Beppi is her only side suspicion, so if she was him, she also wouldn't have anything but Werner. Yes, she's going to be a bit more effort with regards to reading up on people, but she's still mainly just saying "oh this is all fine", she's not really providing any takeaways about their alignment.

Then on to this post- the Werner unvote is okay, but the entire blurb on Hilda I really dislike. Despite not thinking that Hilda's actions have been alignment indicative, she wants to lynch her anyways. Sure, maybe Hilda doesn't do anything later on that makes her alignment easier to read, but by pre-emptively lynching her you're preventing the possibility in the first place. Characterizing the most important thing in the phase to be Werner emphasizing their towniness by getting us out of RVS is also weird because afaicr that was only her specific reason for voting Werner, not anyone else's. The Djimmi vote also bothers me; I think Kahl did a good job saying why so I won't repeat it.

Finally, this post about Rumor is also really bad- a paragraph defending Rumor followed by a sentence where she partially takes it back with a dramatic ellipsis at the end, leaving her with the option to jump onto that wagon later if she wants.

I said I'm inclined to lynch her, mostly out of frustration. If I actually wanted to lynch them today I'd be voting them.

Also, I get you're finding me hypocritical, but how exactly is that scum tell? If I was scum, would I really be dumb enough to point out how my sort of actions are scummy when someone else does it?

I'll admit to being indisicive right now though. Werner, Hilda and Beppy were the ones who stood out to me today, and I ended up not wanting to lynch either of them.

I never saw Cala as obv town, but she doesn't feel like scum either. Don't want to lynch this slot today.

1 minute ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

You acknowledge that someone has scummy play but would instead lynch someone else at complete random with a turbo instead?

????

How does that post read like him finding her scummy again?

dislike of turbowagons has gone too much the other way. you should first and foremost lynch people whom you find scummy. not to mention, the biggest problem with turbowagons is that the target often doesn't get a chance to defend themselves and you don't get good interactions. however since djimmi hasn't posted in forever those problems with turbowagons actually are a BIGGER problem with this djimmi wagon.

where did I ever say I find cala scummy??? I said that one specific action she took (not voting Grim when she could have) is a bit weird but not that bad, and pointed out like three other things that make me think she's not scum.

Sally also isn't a random, I've had lines in my posts since yesterday not being okay with Sally.

I'm not up to lynching Sally today, I just don't have to energy to reread her posts for the sake of deciding whether I want to turbo her over the other possible lynch options. Maria, while I wouldn't be completely opposed to their lynch, is a much lower priority than either Djimmi or Rumor for me so I'd rather lynch there when the latter two are still an option.