Valentian Revelations/Accordion = Remakes? Retcons?

omegaxis1

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

That is a unique thing that I actually completely forgot about. However, this is second hand information that we have no real information about. In fact, if such a thing was true, Tiki and Nowi would have mentioned it in their S supports. Especially Tiki.

Perhaps, but the implication is there, even if vague.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes, made by Naga is undisputed. The question is if a fang was involved.

The thing about Tiki is that she's still too young, and too much energy was still left within her to control it at such a young age, that an extra suppresor is needed to avoid her going out of control. That's the whole point of those counter-measures. It's kinda like Anankos. Despite making a dragonstone, he still had enough energy within him that he couldn't avoid degeneration. So this thing has little to do with splitting up power being an exception to her and Naga.

Well, there is proof that it can. My question is why you don't consider dragons moving their energy off their bodies into dragonstones, and absorbing some of it back to temporalily transform back, as proof that they can move their energy around. Dragonstones alone should show it's canon, since otherwise, they'd need something else to extract their own energy. Or are you telling me Naga went with every single dragon to etract their energy into a dragonstone?

Like I said, will need to look it up. Though the Shield of Seals is the only draconic item made by Naga that wasn't locked to anything. Though Gotoh claims that it chooses its owners... somehow. And the curse of Artemis. 

Yet even as an adult, Tiki still has power siphoned out of her through a ritual for some reason. I don't want to fully utilize Fates' logic, since there's the thing about how Fates dragons ended up all taking Astral form instead of manakete form. Anankos has a dragonstone, but for some reason needs a song. And there's the Rainbow Sage as well that bears an issue.

Because the only info regarding this particular trait is on the Dragonstones for the Jugdral series. Through an interview. We didn't get enough information. It demands more that I'm not too sure on.

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Like I said, will need to look it up. Though the Shield of Seals is the only draconic item made by Naga that wasn't locked to anything. Though Gotoh claims that it chooses its owners... somehow. And the curse of Artemis. 

Yet even as an adult, Tiki still has power siphoned out of her through a ritual for some reason. I don't want to fully utilize Fates' logic, since there's the thing about how Fates dragons ended up all taking Astral form instead of manakete form. Anankos has a dragonstone, but for some reason needs a song. And there's the Rainbow Sage as well that bears an issue.

Because the only info regarding this particular trait is on the Dragonstones for the Jugdral series. Through an interview. We didn't get enough information. It demands more that I'm not too sure on.

I would think the curse was more circumstancial, rather than an actual curse existing. But that's just me.

Does it? The paralogue states she's drawing in energy from Naga herslef, not that she's recovering it. Or ever lost any to begin with. In any case, Gotoh repeatedly mentioned it was due to her being a child, otherwise she'd degenerate. Sounds that as an adult it should not be a concern for Tiki anymore.

You mean the Holy Weapon dragonstones? Since there's no other dragonstones in Jugdral otherwise.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I would think the curse was more circumstancial, rather than an actual curse existing. But that's just me.

Does it? The paralogue states she's drawing in energy from Naga herslef, not that she's recovering it. Or ever lost any to begin with. In any case, Gotoh repeatedly mentioned it was due to her being a child, otherwise she'd degenerate. Sounds that as an adult it should not be a concern for Tiki anymore.

You mean the Holy Weapon dragonstones? Since there's no other dragonstones in Jugdral otherwise.

But for this curse, it seems to have existed for a very long time. One can even say that Chrom and Emmeryn were cursed by this. 

The quotes in regards to her power goes as such:

Say'ri: Pray be silent, milady. The Voice is currently performing the rite. In doing so, she will draw the divine dragon's power from the land unto herself.

-

Tiki: Yes, thanks to you. I apologize for the delay, but the rite has borne fruit.
Say'ri: You've taken in the power of the divine dragon?
Tiki: Some of it, yes. ...It's strange. This power had always isolated me. Many were the days I wept alone, cursing the charge placed before me...
Lucina: Lady Tiki...
Tiki: But now my power has a purpose, and the world needs it to avoid a ruinous future. And so I shall offer it freely. Allow me to join you.

Based on the dialogue, I would argue that what Tiki is drawing the power from might be on the land, but the power is Tiki's own. Frankly, the fact that Tiki needs to do this is strange, since Gotoh indicates that Tiki should have mastered this power upon reaching adulthood or such. I think.

Yeah. The only source of information we have is the interview, but that's about it. Not like they were going too far with connecting Archanea and Jugdral.

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But for this curse, it seems to have existed for a very long time. One can even say that Chrom and Emmeryn were cursed by this. 

The quotes in regards to her power goes as such:

Based on the dialogue, I would argue that what Tiki is drawing the power from might be on the land, but the power is Tiki's own. Frankly, the fact that Tiki needs to do this is strange, since Gotoh indicates that Tiki should have mastered this power upon reaching adulthood or such. I think.

Yeah. The only source of information we have is the interview, but that's about it. Not like they were going too far with connecting Archanea and Jugdral.

Unless there is a history like that of Anri and Artemis, repeating itself for centuries, then not really. No, I very much doubt Chrom and Emmeryn had it. Heck, Lucina alone shows Chrom was far from being under Artemis's Curse. Emmeryn likewise wasn't even hinted to have a love life as if to say she was a victim of the curse as well.

Well, something had to have happened when she gained her Voice role. That's probably where the answer lies.

On the contrary, I'd say they did enough. A dragonstone is a dragonstone. And best I know, Kaga wanted to have everything in one world. Even TearRing Saga was meant to happen in the same world, with Xane (and some other Shadow Dragon characters) showing up, before the whole suing and lawsuit thing happened.

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Unless there is a history like that of Anri and Artemis, repeating itself for centuries, then not really. No, I very much doubt Chrom and Emmeryn had it. Heck, Lucina alone shows Chrom was far from being under Artemis's Curse. Emmeryn likewise wasn't even hinted to have a love life as if to say she was a victim of the curse as well.

Actually, if you think about the context of the story, it really does fit the bill. In Awakening, Emmeryn gives Chrom the Emblem, and then is captured. They try to save her, but she "dies". Even after learning that she's still alive, Emmeryn has suffered such a severe brain damage that she won't ever remember them unless she really does die. Artemis' Curse doesn't need to be specifically losing some lover, but rather some tragedy befalls someone you love. 

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, something had to have happened when she gained her Voice role. That's probably where the answer lies.

The Voice is for Tiki to hear Naga since Naga cannot directly interfere with the world any longer, given her ethereal status. Tiki acts as the Voice of Naga because she is connected to her. Seems that Nah is as well. 

Maybe Tiki had much more power than realized so it needed more sealing. Or perhaps Tiki herself sealed it because she was tired of all the fighting. Similar to Delthea sealing her magic away.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the contrary, I'd say they did enough. A dragonstone is a dragonstone. And best I know, Kaga wanted to have everything in one world. Even TearRing Saga was meant to happen in the same world, with Xane (and some other Shadow Dragon characters) showing up, before the whole suing and lawsuit thing happened.

Not really. This is rather vague in the explanation. I mean, why is Falchion a dragonstone as well? Or Aura for that matter? And no artwork ever depicts the Jugdral Holy Weapons save for a few with any orbs. And exactly how is the Holy Weapon itself made? Falchion we understand is carved from the fang. But the others? Did they do something similar?