Jump to content
Poimagic

A newbie tries to Ironman Birthright

Who should my Corrin marry?  

16 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should my Corrin marry?

    • Sakura
      1
    • Azura
      0
    • Hinoka
      0
    • Hana
      1
    • Orochi
      0
    • Setsuna
      0
    • Oboro
      0
    • Mozu
      2
    • Kagero
      1
    • Reina
      1
    • Scarlet
      6
    • Sophie
      1
    • Midori
      0
    • Selkie
      0
    • Rhajat
      1
    • Caeldori
      2
    • Mitama
      0


Recommended Posts

This is both my first play through and my first iron man run, so don’t expect it to be good or anything. Hopefully the memes will be good enough

Rules:

1) If a unit dies, then they stay dead. I only reset if my Corrin dies

2) The game will be played on Classic/Lunatic

3) Grinding with DLC or scouting is banned. Any other method of grinding is allowed

4) I can only buy one skill per unit

5) Children can be used and obtained. The marriages for gen 1 will be decided once I get to a certain point (after completing chapter 20 in my case

6) The game will start at the route split

7) A special self imposed rule; Ryoma is banned from use until the end of chapter 20 (when I will be getting the kids)

8) The marriage options for my Corrin and others will be decided by you!

Edited by Poimagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds fun, picking Scarlet for the bride.  She needs more love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any reason why you're planning on waiting until chapter 20 to recruit the children? Because I honestly see the reward outweighed by the risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Sounds fun, picking Scarlet for the bride.  She needs more love.

Yeah, Scarlet deserves the love. I feel sorry for what happens to her in both Revelations and Conquest

@Levant Mir Celestia Might change that rule, depending on what happens

 

And finally, the reveal of the Corrin that will be used for this play through:

Spoiler

z7BDhWL.jpg

A reference and maybe a meme. Who knows?

 

Edited by Poimagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

Yeah, Scarlet deserves the love. I feel sorry for what happens to her in both Revelations and Conquest

@Levant Mir Celestia Might change that rule, depending on what happens

 

And finally, the reveal of the Corrin that will be used for this play through:

  Hide contents

z7BDhWL.jpg

A reference and maybe a meme. Who knows?

 

I'm seeing Brock from Pokemon mixed with Kellam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joining the Scarlet train, probably my favourite in Fates.

Also, I see Brock and Kellam are grandparents now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyways, onto chapter 6, and the story that’s driving itself off of a cliff!

Spoiler

8OPRqF0.jpg

Yet you didn’t tell me this. And you wonder why I’m on team Hoshido now

iP3768B.jpg

zaoqMrQ.jpgThese two pieces of dialogue make me question why Conquest even happens 

IetVi5n.jpg

No, not the feels.... D:

03c2Ka2.jpg

Corrin just figured out the Conquest plot twist before anyone else did. Well, partially, I guess

EdpexCf.jpg

Jerk....

H2fuZzU.jpg

And that was Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. Can I go now?

mlEfmYf.jpg

Best Bro Ryoma, to the rescue!

cWG0RXC.jpg

And I feel like a lot of people wouldn’t mind this

ibnYy99.jpg

The Hector vibes are strong with this onerCo6vhL.jpgI2GUu0q.jpg

What, were they just watching me get beat up? I would’ve expected Hinoka, Sakura, Camilla and Elise to jump in and try and save me

And now onto the actual chapter:

T7cZyZD.jpg

I don’t now what to think of how Brock is now. I’ll get him to 10 to get dragon fang, and then swap over to the Knight class. Probably will give him the Goddes Icon to improve that luck

Ix9ZmUE.jpg

Hinoka and Brock pair up turn one to take on Leo, and to weaken him up for...UIFVjI8.jpg

Kaze to finish him off. Unfortunately, this the last thing he does, as both him and Rinkah die next turn. 

Ryoma comes down and kills the Cav while Takumi takes care of the outlaw. Rinkah tries block the Fighter from reaching Sakura, but Sakura both moves out of range, and Rinkah enters Camilla’s range.

Enemy phase starts and Xander attacks Kaze, one hit killing him. Rinkah is attacked by Camilla, and is then attacked by the Fighter, resulting in another death. Rinkah was an unnecessary death while Kaze died for a good cause. This is totally not a euphemism for what this playthrough will result in. Next turn happens and:vRpLu4P.jpg

Ryoma widdles down Xander’s health with Hinoka’s “help”. This leads to:8ROt3wq.jpg

A finishing blow, dealt by Corrin. I had Azura dance Ryoma just in case Corrin missed. Corrin then levels up:0ACXORd.jpg

Meh level up. The extra hit and attack are good, but I would’ve liked more def or spd. But this marks the chapter end

BBHcD2N.jpg

That’s adorable Azura

SBnLf7u.jpg

”I conviently meet you in you the middle of nowhere when I wanted to see you.”V7cqo5c.jpg

Convience is Convience

I also love how Felicia just accepts that a friend she knew a good amount and is now a floating fish dragon

Chapter Summary:

Chapter 6 cleared

Deaths: Rinkah, Kaze

Level Up’s: Corrin (+1 str/+1 Skl)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame on Kaze and Rinkah.  Rinkah never turns out well for me, but Kaze usually does.

In addition to Lilith, I like how Corrin being a manakete is never brought up again after its introductory chapter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch. Lost units already... A pity about Kaze since that means you cannot get one of my favorite child units...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Kaze to finish him off. Unfortunately, this the last thing he does, as both him and Rinkah die next turn. 

Well, that's a surefire way to ensure you don't have to get that A rank support.

Least all the nobles are still alive.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chapter 7: The Pain Train that keeps on rolling, Part 1

Before the chapter, preparation time! Thanks to the Battle/Visitaion rewards, I’m able to give my units so decent equipmentYEIIJ7G.jpgThe Nohrian Blade is only there to improve his defense. His Yato seems to be fine with him though.QSie5uw.jpgThe only difference is that she gained a heal staff. Nothing really important here. I might early promo her thoughUzy29Yn.jpgFelicia is the most changed, gaining her plate, a mend staff, and a bloom festal. But enough with that. Onto the chapter!

HNUJ4eI.jpg

How would you help? You’re not a Hoshidian Noble and will most likely never be one, If I decide to turn you into a armor Knight XAtfj1W.jpgfh5QQnO.jpg

And meet our two new recruits, Hana and Subaki!

mfseGD6.jpg

Then where were they last chapter? Actually, where were any of the retainers last chapter?

And time for the deployment. The only really important one to note was that Felicia deployed within attacking distance of the armor. And yes, I did realize that I couldn’t gain the chests myself. Thankfully, there was a outlaw who spawns later who has lockpick who goes for one of the chest. I would skip one chest, but I didn’t really mind. Once I start, this happens:Gf5inF9.jpg

How are you talking to me? We are halfway across the map and I’m within a closed area? Should I chalk it up to anime BS? 

Anyways, this’ll be it for now. I’ll post part 2 later, since I have an absurd amount of photos to post. Worse part is that some of them are sideways. All I’ll say is that Hana becomes very useful and there are some really useful level ups

Edited by Poimagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brock can help drag the dead bodies outside for the burning pile.

You should be able to rotate the images.  For me, I can either click the images directly on my computer or edit them in imgur and select rotate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Brock can help drag the dead bodies outside for the burning pile.

You should be able to rotate the images.  For me, I can either click the images directly on my computer or edit them in imgur and select rotate.

That makes sense. Where would the burn pile be though

I also found out how to rotate the images. I’ll be posting the chapter tomorrow expect to see Brock tank things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would I be correct in assuming that Brock's boon and bane were respectively chosen because of his type specialty and his poor luck with flirting with women (though that's more on Ash's other friends [or even his own Pokémon] than anything else)?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the late update. 

Chapter 7: The Pain train the keeps on rolling: The Electric Boogaloo (Part 2)

Corrin pairs up with Felicia and attacks the the Knight 

QmSx8hh.jpg

Turn two, And nothing really happens. Then enemy phase happens, and I’m Assulted by an axe fighter. At least he gave me a level upPUb4PxT.jpgudZhBCl.jpg

It sucks. But oh well

Turn 3, and I attack the archer, yet he doesn’t die. Everyone else moves backFrLlyRH.jpg 

On enemy phase, a solider dies. That is allPnzPlqK.jpg

On player phase, Felicia kills the weakened archer, and gets a level upQ2tfbZT.jpg 8mWlsq5.jpg

Dat magic will be good with your plate 

aNKPlnC.jpg 
Brock attacks the Outlaw to weaken him. The fight attacks enemy phase.  Brock kills both of them next turnyP35HWs.jpg
hTx9xBU.jpg

The Knight attacks and is weakened
q6F43Yd.jpg 

The next turn happens, and the enemies looks like this: QmSAdH9.jpg
The next few turns are boring, as it’s just. Brock tanking with Azura dancing and the occasional heal, Felicia kill, and healing. The important things are:   GDCVWd0.jpgSubaki’s first kill!
b3kDdp9.jpg
npHpI4q.jpg

Two decent level ups
aqpRyyF.jpg

The thief who I will rely on to get a chest 
QqFfVai.jpgAnd the healer getting a decent level up  

After all that, Felicia is healed by Sakura and enters the second outlaw/fighter pair up range. She gets hit, and gets a level upGId8Qfg.jpgMe likey 

Hana kills the Outlaw, and the fighter is killed by Brock. Enemy phase starts again.  Brock is attacked by the two outlaws. They deal zero damage. Hana takes on one of the outlaws, and kills him with Azura’s help. Her special skill allows Brock to kill the other outlaw. Enemy phase starts and the cavs start to move

They aren’t much of a threat 8NiugUg.jpg
lh6SoAL.jpg

Enemy phase starts. Silas attacks with his javelin. The other Cav attacks Brock, but fails horribly. The Outlaw has by this point has swiped the Armorslayer and is starting to escape. He isn’t close enough to Hana yet

Player Phase starts. Brock weakens Silas, then Azura dances, and Felicia is able to finish him off thanks to dual guard. The turn ends, and the outlaw is within Hana’s range. She finish’s him off with Azura’s help. This gives Hana the Armorslayer and Azura and Hana a level upyiuiice.jpgki7Vq4R.jpg

The Hana level up is nice. It can allow her to double more. Next, Hana moves within the Last Outlaw’s range, to lure him out. He attacks and deals damage to Hana. She moves in, and kills the Outlaw thanks to both Subaki and the spd level. Brock moves in. She is attacked by the armors, but is saved due to dual guard. She then kills both next turn with the armorslayer. And like that, chapter clear!YIJKzo0.jpgwVMXfJN.jpg

Didn’t seem so hesitant to attack me then

vG9m8bL.jpg

Aren’t you supposed to be dead or really injured?

KDARp04.jpg

Captured used to describe Ryoma doesn’t compute pH66hxM.jpg

Yet you died and she didn’t.

Anyways, this is the end of the second update

Spoiler

Summary:

Items Obtained: 6000g, Armorslayer 

Units Obtained: Orochi, Silas, Subaki, Hana, Saizo 

 

20 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Would I be correct in assuming that Brock's boon and bane were respectively chosen because of his type specialty and his poor luck with flirting with women (though that's more on Ash's other friends [or even his own Pokémon] than anything else)?

The def boon was for the reason listed above. The Lck bane....was a really funny coincidence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

Sorry for the late update. 

Chapter 7: The Pain train the keeps on rolling: The Electric Boogaloo (Part 2)

Corrin pairs up with Felicia and attacks the the Knight 

QmSx8hh.jpg

Turn two, And nothing really happens. Then enemy phase happens, and I’m Assulted by an axe fighter. At least he gave me a level upPUb4PxT.jpgudZhBCl.jpg

It sucks. But oh well

Turn 3, and I attack the archer, yet he doesn’t die. Everyone else moves backFrLlyRH.jpg 

On enemy phase, a solider dies. That is allPnzPlqK.jpg

On player phase, Felicia kills the weakened archer, and gets a level upQ2tfbZT.jpg 8mWlsq5.jpg

Dat magic will be good with your plate 

aNKPlnC.jpg 
Brock attacks the Outlaw to weaken him. The fight attacks enemy phase.  Brock kills both of them next turnyP35HWs.jpg
hTx9xBU.jpg

The Knight attacks and is weakened
q6F43Yd.jpg 

The next turn happens, and the enemies looks like this: QmSAdH9.jpg
The next few turns are boring, as it’s just. Brock tanking with Azura dancing and the occasional heal, Felicia kill, and healing. The important things are:   GDCVWd0.jpgSubaki’s first kill!
b3kDdp9.jpg
npHpI4q.jpg

Two decent level ups
aqpRyyF.jpg

The thief who I will rely on to get a chest 
QqFfVai.jpgAnd the healer getting a decent level up  

After all that, Felicia is healed by Sakura and enters the second outlaw/fighter pair up range. She gets hit, and gets a level upGId8Qfg.jpgMe likey 

Hana kills the Outlaw, and the fighter is killed by Brock. Enemy phase starts again.  Brock is attacked by the two outlaws. They deal zero damage. Hana takes on one of the outlaws, and kills him with Azura’s help. Her special skill allows Brock to kill the other outlaw. Enemy phase starts and the cavs start to move

They aren’t much of a threat 8NiugUg.jpg
lh6SoAL.jpg

Enemy phase starts. Silas attacks with his javelin. The other Cav attacks Brock, but fails horribly. The Outlaw has by this point has swiped the Armorslayer and is starting to escape. He isn’t close enough to Hana yet

Player Phase starts. Brock weakens Silas, then Azura dances, and Felicia is able to finish him off thanks to dual guard. The turn ends, and the outlaw is within Hana’s range. She finish’s him off with Azura’s help. This gives Hana the Armorslayer and Azura and Hana a level upyiuiice.jpgki7Vq4R.jpg

The Hana level up is nice. It can allow her to double more. Next, Hana moves within the Last Outlaw’s range, to lure him out. He attacks and deals damage to Hana. She moves in, and kills the Outlaw thanks to both Subaki and the spd level. Brock moves in. She is attacked by the armors, but is saved due to dual guard. She then kills both next turn with the armorslayer. And like that, chapter clear!YIJKzo0.jpgwVMXfJN.jpg

Didn’t seem so hesitant to attack me then

vG9m8bL.jpg

Aren’t you supposed to be dead or really injured?

KDARp04.jpg

Captured used to describe Ryoma doesn’t compute pH66hxM.jpg

Yet you died and she didn’t.

Anyways, this is the end of the second update

  Hide contents

Summary:

Items Obtained: 6000g, Armorslayer 

Units Obtained: Orochi, Silas, Subaki, Hana, Saizo 

 

The def boon was for the reason listed above. The Lck bane....was a really funny coincidence

Nice clear with no deaths.  How long will you let Kaze walk the among the living with his hunger for brains growing?

Birthright really piles units on you early, so in the event you need to bench someone, who are you planning on using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Nice clear with no deaths.  How long will you let Kaze walk the among the living with his hunger for brains growing?

Birthright really piles units on you early, so in the event you need to bench someone, who are you planning on using?

I can’t the idea of Kaze as a zombie out of my head

I’ll probably bench Setsuna, Saizo, Orochi/Hayato, and Hana/Hinata. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Poimagic said:

KDARp04.jpg

Captured used to describe Ryoma doesn’t compute 

Capturing Main Characters? In this game?

Sounds like crazy talk to me.

14 hours ago, Poimagic said:

pH66hxM.jpg

Yet you died and she didn’t.

Well, it appears Kaze's ghost just won't go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the late updates. Life has just been a pain lately. I’ll try and make the next major update tomorrow at the latest.

This update is a minor one, with just a lot of equipping. Brock ingests both a skill book and a goddes icon, Felicia uses an Arms Scroll so she can use her Plate. Everyone else just gets better inventories. Brock also adds a Dread Scroll to his inventory. The reason will be figured out next update, when I try to recruit Mozu. Till then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2018 at 11:49 PM, Poimagic said:

Sorry for the late updates. Life has just been a pain lately. I’ll try and make the next major update tomorrow at the latest.

This update is a minor one, with just a lot of equipping. Brock ingests both a skill book and a goddes icon, Felicia uses an Arms Scroll so she can use her Plate. Everyone else just gets better inventories. Brock also adds a Dread Scroll to his inventory. The reason will be figured out next update, when I try to recruit Mozu. Till then!

No worries, take your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your Corrin is destined to live happily ever after with a flowery person!

...Is what I WOULD say, but it seems that won't make a difference now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...