Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I believe most of people here already knew about Weapon Scrolls, for increased any weapon-proficiency for any unit's class.

About the Seals, we already knew about the Seals which able to unlock special classes for any character we prefers.

Now how about Weapon Seals? I believe on future titles, IS will able to modified every unit's motions later on, since the reclassing system has been featured.

There is 7 regular weapon types in the world of Fire Emblem now: sword, lance, axe, bow, tome, staff, and dagger. Dragonstone, claws, fangs, fist, etc, are not included.

So, no matter if becomes DLC's or not, the Weapon Seal types will be:

Sword Seal

Lance Seal

Axe Seal

Bow Seal

Tome Seal

Staff Seal

Dagger Seal

 

Every characters only able to use ONE and ONCE of it, no matter what type that he/she used and will be permanently added to the character's present respective class when used (Note: unable to use to all unpromoted classes or special classes like artilleries, manaketes, and beastmen). The max.proficiency of the weapon will be S and able to use to any class that have same type of the weapon seal when the class only have maximum proficiency B or A on the respective weapon types, except if the respective class already have maximum proficiency S.

 

Example:

"I want Xander still able to use sword while he has been reclassed to (promoted) Wyvern Lord!". Then after (reclassed) Wyvern Lord Xander used Sword Seal, he will able to wield sword in his Wyvern Lord class (and the sword prof. will be retained same as his last sword prof. on other class but now able to grind into S). Since the Sword Seal used when Xander on Wyvern Lord class, the new sword-wielding ability will only exist in his Wyvern Lord class no matter he reclassing again to another class. Even when reclassing again to his Paladin class, his max. sword prof. will be back to A (as original Paladin's max. sword prof.). And after he used the Sword Seal, he will unable to use any Weapon Seal again.

Or another example:

Sniper Takumi unable to use Bow Seal because Sniper class' max. bow proficiency already S, but Priestess Sakura able to use it since her Priestess class only have max. bow proficiency B. After Sakura used the Bow Seal, her Priestess class max.wpn.prof. will be Staff A and Bow S, and she will unable to use any Weapon Seal again.

 

This is just my simple idea from my stupid brain for the glorious Fire Emblem next development fun while challenging plays. I believe that any fellows here have better opinion and idea than mine for this thread. :D:

Best regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the idea is fine, but only if the seals were extremely limited; as in only one of each in the game and they would also need to be hard to obtain, not just something you could buy or have given to you at the end of a chapter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at this from the standpoint of a Rom Hacker, this would be a lot of additional work for Nintendo as they would have to make the animations for the new weapons on said classes (Which takes a lot more work since the 3DS animations have a lot more work put into them). Basically, it's probably not gonna happen unless they decide to bring the GBA style back, which won't happen because we as a community are used to the new portrait designs, and the game can't take a "Step Back" as far as the graphical quality. Even so, the games would take another month or so in development because the animations would have to be made, scripted, and prepared specifically for the games that they would be used in. In 3DS, let's assume it takes a week to make a full animation. They have to make the animations for every class with a given rank in the first place, THEN they have to make the animations with the weapon seals specifically for the people who want their archers to use axes or their healers to use Daggers. Even going back to Sacred stones, there are upwards of 70 different classes (Estimation) and maybe 50 of them are playable in the main story. Imagine having to make an animation for every weapon for every class. Ask a Rom Hacker who does animations: It can take a lot of time to do, especially if you want the animation to be good. Having to make 7 animations at the minimum, taking a week per animation, giving the listed 70 classes all 7 animations for people who cheat the enemy exclusive classes, you are looking at 7 x 49 x 7, which would take 2401 days, if I did my math right. Of course, the time would be reduced by the number of people working on the animations, but that's still a lot of time working on graphical qualities. (Keep in mind, I said 7, which means I didn't leave in the disarmed animation, which would be less work, but still time consuming).

TLDR: Good concept, not likely to happen though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Attila said:

Looking at this from the standpoint of a Rom Hacker, this would be a lot of additional work for Nintendo as they would have to make the animations for the new weapons on said classes (Which takes a lot more work since the 3DS animations have a lot more work put into them). Basically, it's probably not gonna happen unless they decide to bring the GBA style back, which won't happen because we as a community are used to the new portrait designs, and the game can't take a "Step Back" as far as the graphical quality. Even so, the games would take another month or so in development because the animations would have to be made, scripted, and prepared specifically for the games that they would be used in. In 3DS, let's assume it takes a week to make a full animation. They have to make the animations for every class with a given rank in the first place, THEN they have to make the animations with the weapon seals specifically for the people who want their archers to use axes or their healers to use Daggers. Even going back to Sacred stones, there are upwards of 70 different classes (Estimation) and maybe 50 of them are playable in the main story. Imagine having to make an animation for every weapon for every class. Ask a Rom Hacker who does animations: It can take a lot of time to do, especially if you want the animation to be good. Having to make 7 animations at the minimum, taking a week per animation, giving the listed 70 classes all 7 animations for people who cheat the enemy exclusive classes, you are looking at 7 x 49 x 7, which would take 2401 days, if I did my math right. Of course, the time would be reduced by the number of people working on the animations, but that's still a lot of time working on graphical qualities. (Keep in mind, I said 7, which means I didn't leave in the disarmed animation, which would be less work, but still time consuming).

TLDR: Good concept, not likely to happen though

comparing the gba games to the 3ds games is a bit unfair, because while there are more complications to the creation of assets in the 3ds games the reuse of said assets is easy as ever, if you reclass corrin in fates, in scenes where the yato needs to be there corrin will typically use mercenary animations as a default, there was also a scene in which gunter was dismounted using the spear fighter animations as well as several times where xander was using the mercenary animations, if you set things up correctly in the engine you can rig any model (barring a few obvious exceptions) to an animation, this is very different to sprites where you would need to create new or heavily modify new animation frames. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Attila said:

Looking at this from the standpoint of a Rom Hacker, this would be a lot of additional work for Nintendo as they would have to make the animations for the new weapons on said classes (Which takes a lot more work since the 3DS animations have a lot more work put into them). Basically, it's probably not gonna happen unless they decide to bring the GBA style back, which won't happen because we as a community are used to the new portrait designs, and the game can't take a "Step Back" as far as the graphical quality. Even so, the games would take another month or so in development because the animations would have to be made, scripted, and prepared specifically for the games that they would be used in. In 3DS, let's assume it takes a week to make a full animation. They have to make the animations for every class with a given rank in the first place, THEN they have to make the animations with the weapon seals specifically for the people who want their archers to use axes or their healers to use Daggers. Even going back to Sacred stones, there are upwards of 70 different classes (Estimation) and maybe 50 of them are playable in the main story. Imagine having to make an animation for every weapon for every class. Ask a Rom Hacker who does animations: It can take a lot of time to do, especially if you want the animation to be good. Having to make 7 animations at the minimum, taking a week per animation, giving the listed 70 classes all 7 animations for people who cheat the enemy exclusive classes, you are looking at 7 x 49 x 7, which would take 2401 days, if I did my math right. Of course, the time would be reduced by the number of people working on the animations, but that's still a lot of time working on graphical qualities. (Keep in mind, I said 7, which means I didn't leave in the disarmed animation, which would be less work, but still time consuming).

TLDR: Good concept, not likely to happen though

That's some really neat insight

it sounds good on paper, but it would take an astronomical amount of time to program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope. Not that much, @Attila . As @thecrimsonflash mentions, right now and next installments exist in age of 3D animations that allow to made basic skeleton-motions to be used to multiple character-objects that would made this idea possible to implemented. This is 3D graphic motions now, not (GBA) sprites animations that you must create it one by one!!!

Example:

 

Infantry.

-Bow, can used archer's motions. No problem when used by armor knight if the motion they didn't bring their shields (ref.: Shadow Dragon's General units when wielding bows).

-Tome, can used mage's motions.

-Dagger, can used maid or buttler's motions.

-Sword, can used mercenary's motions.

-Lance, can used spearfighter's motions.

-Axe, can used fighter's motions.

-Staff, can used cleric's motions.

Cavalry:

-Sword, Lance. Use paladin's motions.

-Axe. Used great knight's motions.

-Tome, Staff. Use strategist's motions.

-Bow. Use bow knight's motions. In the case of great knight, no problem if seems didn't bring shield.

-only throwing dagger from horseback isn't exist yet.

Flier:

-Axe, Tome. Use malig knight's motions.

-Lance. Use wyvern lord's motions.

-Bow. Use kinshi knight's motions.

-Staff. Use falco knight's motions.

-flyer with sword and throwing dagger isn't exist yet in 3D motion-skeletons.

The 3D motion skeleton above just implemented to units for every weapons they wields.

So, no matter if someone making 1000 mercenaries with each different appearances, their mercenary's motion will be the same as all of them use the same mercenary's motion-skeleton. You can proove it by reclassing ALL your units into single type regular class, and their motions are will be the same with the respective class. So there's no need to reprogram every single of them!

Total new motion-skeletons that must be created for character-object : 3 (three) sets. Just 3!!! Including critical motions!!! They are Dagger Horsemen, Dagger Fliers, and Sword Fliers.

Hard to believe that I must point it out since I believe all people already understands how the 3D motion skeleton installments works. I believe so many people laugh at your "explanation" about pointing 3D-motion-are-same-as-sprites-animation that prooving that you even never have any idea about what the 3D graphic motions is. If don't understand yet, perhaps playing "Fighter Maker" might able to help you, @Attila

 

Ok, now back to main topic:

@Modamy , if the seal were unable to obtain via DLC and very hard to get, shall we able to select the seal type when we got the seal? They are 7 kinds. So, I'm afraid it would be less useful if we got the type randomly. What do you think about it, sir?

Edited by illegal knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something like this I wouldn’t imagine the player being able to choose when and where you get them unless they were DLC. The idea reminds me of the star shards from mystery of the emblem and the crusader scrolls from Thracia. Those items were huge game changers, but you didn’t have any choice between they just showed up when they did. I don’t think the player needs absolute control over when they appear for them to be of use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, illegal knight said:

Hard to believe that I must point it out since I believe all people already understands how the 3D motion skeleton installments works. I believe so many people laugh at your "explanation" about pointing 3D-motion-are-same-as-sprites-animation that prooving that you even never have any idea about what the 3D graphic motions is. If don't understand yet, perhaps playing "Fighter Maker" might able to help you, @Attila

Wow you sound like a cunt. "Yeah I don't get why I HAVE to point it out, and I get why everyone's laughing at you." I don't even think that anybody was laughing at my explanation?

Keep in mind I haven't played the 3DS games, as I have better uses of my money than buying a console exclusively for games I'll play once then put on a shelf. I understood when Crimson Flash told me.  It was my thoughts on how it would work from a Rom Hacker's perspective. If you want to act like I'm dense because of that, feel free, but don't write a long message that I'll likely ignore to tell me I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, Modamy said:

Something like this I wouldn’t imagine the player being able to choose when and where you get them unless they were DLC. The idea reminds me of the star shards from mystery of the emblem and the crusader scrolls from Thracia. Those items were huge game changers, but you didn’t have any choice between they just showed up when they did. I don’t think the player needs absolute control over when they appear for them to be of use.

I see... well, we have to relly on our player's luck then? :D:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Attila said:

Wow you sound like a cunt. "Yeah I don't get why I HAVE to point it out, and I get why everyone's laughing at you." I don't even think that anybody was laughing at my explanation?

Keep in mind I haven't played the 3DS games, as I have better uses of my money than buying a console exclusively for games I'll play once then put on a shelf. I understood when Crimson Flash told me.  It was my thoughts on how it would work from a Rom Hacker's perspective. If you want to act like I'm dense because of that, feel free, but don't write a long message that I'll likely ignore to tell me I am.

Forgive me if it sounds harsh since the writes have no emotions, beside english is not my native language.

Seriously, I mean it. In other forums, there so many people laugh at someone who lack understandings and I againts it. And I'm glad that you come to this simple thread.

BTW, did you tried to play game which has featured 3D making motion? The "Fighter Maker" has it. If didn't, no problem then. Just want to telling that about basic motion-makings for 3D character.

Once again, sorry. I didn't mean it. Only unable to understand that you didn't know 3D, and didn't know how to express it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Weapon Seals featured, even I'd imagine FE-Fates' some small alter-stories about it:

Wyvern Lord Xander : "Now I have my wyvern after used the Heart Seal and Sword Seal as well. I'm more than capable with my Siegfried on my wyvern's back! Laslow! I give you Master Seal and my finest steed before! Go ride with Peri! We will need your Rally Skill."

Malig Knight Leo : "I'd already taken my sister's wyvern. After I'd used the Tome Seal from Corrin, the magical wyvern seems becomes much more better with my Brynhildr. Odin! I give you the Master Seal and my horse! Use them well! You'll need your Seal Magic for your missions later!"

Hero Selena : "After her magical wyvern leaves her service for Leo, she becomes the one of the most powerful Berserker now. Perhaps she still upset about her wyvern before."

Falcon Knight Ryoma : "You know, from my childhood, I'm always dreamed to fly soaring the skies, Corrin. After our sister insistly gave me her best steed, even I'd refused, you also gave me the Sword Seal. Now my dream come true after I used them. My Raijinto now returns to my service when I've flying in the sky. Thank you again, Corrin. And now I felt I'm already surpassing our late father."

Kinshi Knight Takumi : "I felt that I've become the ruler of the skies with my Fujinkyu after I'd used the Bow Seal. Trust the aerial combat to me!" (in the Birthright's ending sequence, Takumi will be the one who carrying Corrin with his Kinshi.)

Sniper Setsuna : "Now Lady Hinoka able to more focus with her naginata trainings even she has already become the best Spearmaster. Now I hope I become more useful for her."

Don't worry! All conversation above were only my imaginations and would never happenned! :D:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...