Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

10 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

So are you being complacent on this because you don't feel Naana push will get enough traction or? More votes to Ichigo is dope of course but I'm wondering about your priority

My vote's currently on Omega because I feel there is scum equity there and I think the cases on him today were pretty slam dunk.  I'd probably be fine voting Ichigo as well.  Both the wagons currently look pretty pure to me and both are in my scum reads.  And yeah part of me doesn't want to sit here all day and argue for scum Naana and have everyone either ignore me or say that my case on Naana is based on me saying they make a lot of 1 liner posts, cause that's not what my case is based on.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Omega. said:

2 quick things:

1. Just downloaded this ISO thing and it's pretty useful. Can someone tell me how to pull up EVERY post a player has made? Like, I try typing in the page, and it gives me the players' posts from only that page. I'm assuming there's a way to collect more.

2. @Red Ryu - Why'd you list Alpha Male as "fine" in your reads list?

Was supposed to be town lean, whoops.

5 minutes ago, Omega. said:

I'm leaning villager on him. When we're both villagers, we tend to agree on a lot of things which has happened enough times this game that I think it's possible we've melded on a wolf and are both villagers. If we lynch a wolf together, he's probably a villager. If not, shrug. I still say villager gun to head. He is a pretty villagery wolf though and it's in his range to elude me for a few Days. 

Timeout.  When was the last time you played with scum!Refa.  Cause I don't even remember last time Refa was wolf and this is seeming to imply that you know how he plays as a wolf when you state he is a villagery wolf.

23 minutes ago, Shinori said:

You willing to die if Marth flips villa? Cause at the moment I think your push on Marth is really really bad if Marth flips villa.  Especially if Naana flips wolf.

Basing your read on me off one wolfread is dumb. Sorry but I can't hand you the team while we have people like Mello, Evan, a bunch of subs, etc. running around.

You need to wake up about the gamestate. If Ichigo's a villager, then village is in a pretty bad position because the 3 main suspicions are all villagers. You're just sitting here pushing probably 2 villagers. I think you're a villager, but you need to look elsewhere. Like, even if Naana and I both die, you are in for a hell of a gamestate dude and you would have built it for yourself. Right now I'd take Naana to endgame and most of your content is just shading us. 2 easy reads D2 will come back to bite village in the ass and is how games are lost.

Just now, Omega. said:

You need to wake up about the gamestate.

I also don't think you realize just how good most of the people on this playerlist are at wolfing. You're too complacent with the current wagons.

I wolfed with Refa maybe 2 years ago. I remember him being largely read villager for most of the game despite us pushing mislynches start to finish. My memory says he had really good tone and could come across as "looking in several directions in a solvey way" from what I remember.

42 minutes ago, Shinori said:

You willing to die if Marth flips villa? Cause at the moment I think your push on Marth is really really bad if Marth flips villa.  Especially if Naana flips wolf.

I doubt Naana/Marth/Omega has more then 1 wolf in it if any tbh

4 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Basing your read on me off one wolfread is dumb. Sorry but I can't hand you the team while we have people like Mello, Evan, a bunch of subs, etc. running around.

You need to wake up about the gamestate. If Ichigo's a villager, then village is in a pretty bad position because the 3 main suspicions are all villagers. You're just sitting here pushing probably 2 villagers. I think you're a villager, but you need to look elsewhere. Like, even if Naana and I both die, you are in for a hell of a gamestate dude and you would have built it for yourself. Right now I'd take Naana to endgame and most of your content is just shading us. 2 easy reads D2 will come back to bite village in the ass and is how games are lost.

I'm not basing my entire read off of one wolf read.

Tell me to wake up about gamestate when you weren't even anywhere near the AM wagon so you're reads are already proven to be off so far.  Why do you sound so CONFIDENT that all 3 main wagons are village?  Most of my content isn't 'just shading' you.  You both have scum equity you both have scum intent in your play you both are acting scummy and you BOTH have TERRIBLE FUCKING INTERACTIONS WITH CONFIRMED FLIPPED SCUM.  NAana also proven to push someone else who has CONFIRMED FLIPPED TOWN(Moonbird) whether they were vigged or not doesn't change the fact that they pushed conf town.

Like you have your head shoved so far up your ass you're doing the same god damn thing I've been doing basically.  You're just hard locked on reading these people as town for BULLSHIT reasons while pushing ONLY TWO SCUM READS that are people that I think are village.  You are quite literally doing the same fucking thing I'm doing but with different people.  The difference being is I made comments about AM yesterday, I am not hard defending people who have terrible interactions with conf flipped wolf.

So how about you fucking wake up and stop acting like you have the game solved cause so far it's already been proven that your off basis since D1.

I fully fucking understand there are plenty of people on the playerlist at wolfing but I also fully understand people are on this playerlist who LOOK wolfy and who get mislynched frequently for it(MI).  

Hey you wanted a thunderdome right @Omega. Let's fucking go.  Give me logical reasons, not bullshit regarding emotions or tone(ya know those things are super easy to fake especially by a good wolf player which is what you believe most of this playerlist is), as to why Ichigo is town.  Tell me why MI is scum again?  Why did you attempt to push that wagon yesterday instead of AM?  Why didn't you fucking comment on AM that much yesterday?  What happened to your trump read?

Just now, Orihime said:

I doubt Naana/Marth/Omega has more then 1 wolf in it if any tbh

I think there's at least one. And I think Marth is town.  Omega might just be sounding super TMI at the moment in which case Naana can go free if that's the case, but I'm not gonna just ignore that read at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Omega. said:

I also don't think you realize just how good most of the people on this playerlist are at wolfing. You're too complacent with the current wagons.

I wolfed with Refa maybe 2 years ago. I remember him being largely read villager for most of the game despite us pushing mislynches start to finish. My memory says he had really good tone and could come across as "looking in several directions in a solvey way" from what I remember.

Also 2 fucking years is a long time mate I don't know if you know this but my play 2-3 years ago is VASTLY different than my play in ANY of my recent games.  You cannot correlate meta from 2 years ago when Refa hasn't even been scum in recent times.

2 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I think there's at least one. And I think Marth is town.  Omega might just be sounding super TMI at the moment in which case Naana can go free if that's the case, but I'm not gonna just ignore that read at the moment.

hm alright

##vote @Omega.

Just now, Orihime said:

I'm tempted to get that iso thing because I don't think I've seen a single mag post and it's 137 pages in.
Like I got nothing on him in my notes

Magnificence incarnate? That's Marth and I can quote his posts for you probably if you want.  The ISO tool is super helpful though.

Just now, Shinori said:

Magnificence incarnate? That's Marth and I can quote his posts for you probably if you want.  The ISO tool is super helpful though.

a few of the main posts would be nice yeah. I tried to get the iso thing working but I'm apparently super awful I might try to get it working if it becomes more of an issue. I'd like to have more of an opinion of him considering he seems to be a hot topic so yes a few quotes ty

I'm not thunderdoming you. I think you're a villager, the thunderdome invite was for a wolf.

I'm not going to bat for Ichigo. I think there are a few worlds where he's a wolf. Think the game is pretty deep if he's a villager. Rage if you want dude, not really sure what you're looking for here. The thing that I liked from Ichigo was him voting Marth. The Marth wagon seriously felt good when it was building steam and felt right. It seemed/felt villagery to hop onto it because I believe he may pushed that wagon to 5.

If you really expect me to have some groundbreaking case on either Marth/weinerboy when the former has like 5 posts and the latter just subbed then I dunno what to tell you. Just not realistic. This pretty much just feels like people expect me to solve the game when frankly there isn't enough content/posts from the nulls to do so.

dya, I'll try to get an iso in on Evan tonight. Gotta run a few errands and take care of some stuff.

Day 2: Automated Votals from #2600 to #3419

Omega. (4): Donald Trump, Shinori, Shattiel, Orihime
Ichigo (3): weinerboy, LaserGuy, JohnCarter
Red Ryu (2): Naana, Alpha Male
weinerboy (2): Refa, Omega.
EvanManManMan (1): SB.
Magnificence Incarnate (1): Ichigo
Naana (1): Red Ryu
SB. (1): Magnificence Incarnate
Not voting (6): dyachei, Elemina, EvanManManMan, manti, Mello, Ryanyb

Phase End

Vote history:

Alpha Male (3): Omega. -> Unvote -> Red Ryu

Donald Trump (1): Omega.

dyachei (2): Magnificence Incarnate -> Unvote

Ichigo (2): Red Ryu -> Magnificence Incarnate

JohnCarter (3): Ichigo -> Naana -> Ichigo

LaserGuy (1): Ichigo

Magnificence Incarnate (2): SB. -> SB.

Naana (1): Red Ryu

Omega. (4): Magnificence Incarnate -> weinerboy -> weinerboy -> weinerboy

Orihime (1): Omega.

Red Ryu (1): Naana

Refa (1): weinerboy

SB. (1): EvanManManMan

Shattiel (2): Naana -> Omega.

Shinori (2): Naana -> Omega.

weinerboy (2): Ichigo -> Ichigo

<Beta v2.0.4>

Edited by Iris

On 6/17/2018 at 9:06 PM, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Wolfy reads as scum to me.  I sheep the cases here,  but Wolfy feels more like he's joke posting and his reads don't seem to be coming from a consistent town thought process.  The gutread list doesn't feel genuine to me but also the Refa and omega votes don't really have any good explanation behind them.  Good case here. 

I don't really get the town reads on JC? I've mostly seen him shitposting in the first few pages while throwing shade on omega,  haven't seen concrete opinions from him yet to really get a read on him. 

Elemina is town not because he's asking questions but because he's doing something with the answers he gets to his questions and its v gamesolvey. Upon questioning him on his reads he answers in detail and it shows me a thought process that favors finding scum imo. 

Kinda bothered by Evan trusting a couple of reads without much reasoning,  I feel like the shinori read was v random and the JC read seems to be just hopping on to the bandwagon of townreading him, which is p scummy.  I wouldn't vote here though, because I've got a better case:

Gorf's elemina case is v scummy.  First off, elemina hoping omega will be townie af and saying that he isn't as townie as he wants him to be isn't scummy at all. Why do you see it as scum distancing?  Elemina cites that he played a game with omega recently where omega pocketed him as a wolf, so he's taking precautions not to blindly sign off omega as town. This is a p townie thought process.  Next, gorf shuts down the Wolfy case for bad reasons.  Elemina isn't scum reading wolfy for his turn reads exactly,  he's scum reading him for not having an explanation behind his reads, or rather he believes that wolfy has no conviction behind his reads,  there is a big difference between the two.  What's really bad about Gorf's case is that he seems to be resistant to the elemina townreading bandwagon that's forming.  Its good to be wary of blindly townreading someone but the way he's doing it seems like he doesn't want elemina to be townread in the first place.  That's p agenda heavy and worth a vote from my end. 

Agreed that animal midwife asking questions but having almost no reads is p sketchy. 

On 6/19/2018 at 7:10 AM, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Can someone quote the moon case for me?  I've been reading the thread for the last hour and a half and its too hard to find these things.

Dyachei pushing naana/midwife without much take in the rest of the players is sus but I wouldn't push before either flip because the other two are a lot more scummy and apparently d1 isn't Dyachei's strong suit so I'm willing to see what they come up with as the game progresses. 

I'm not scum reading omega but I agree that his play is different from his style on sf,  I'd expect the change with the higher percentage of off site players.  Gorf vote is spot on imo,  I'm fine with the reads on dyachei and elemina.  Why do you think that midwife and naana are town?  I haven't seen anything in their play to suggest otherwise. Leaning town here. 

I didn't have a read on naana ed1 but I'd vote him now on principle for the dyachei vote + persuading dya to vote midwife over him since midwife had lackluster content,  which screams of self Pres. This is a lot worse than midwife almost no reads. I think the fight with dya earlier in the thread doesn't read as w/w to me based on tone.

I'm bothered by orihime's stance on midwife in pages 56-57. Comments like "at least if am dies people can't use the excuse of her as a scum read" defeat the purpose of her defense. Feels like scum not wanting to actually commit to a defense which would make sense if midwife is town. I'm unsure if they would be wolf together though, gut says she wouldn't hard defend her buddy at this point in the game. 

Gorf coming back in to vote midwife feels week when he could've pushed harder with his ele case,  really making me more confident in my scum read on him. 

On 6/19/2018 at 7:24 AM, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Fwiw I'd put shinori and laser guy as lock town.  Shinori because he's not afraid to think of different perspectives and play around with his vote,  he's frozen with his train of thought as mafia.  Laser guy because I've played with via in so many games and I'm sure he's town purely on tone, can't really elaborate on this though. 

On 6/19/2018 at 7:40 AM, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I'm going to quote this post even though I'd like to quote your next reads post on page 64 I think?  Phone posting is hard. 

I don't think omega not trying to egg on the fight is indicative of his alignment.  For one the via/naana argument didn't have much to do with reads and more to do with how naana wasn't trying to respond to any questions.  Two omega usually takes a stance in case of players tunneling on each other if you check his meta on the other two games that he has played here.  This wasn't the case between via and naana so I think you're wrong here with the meta read. 

Two,  I know that this is before naana voted dyachei, but what do you think of the vote and the self Pres comments?  You've not really addressed the interactions between naana/dya/midwife which looks sketchy given your omega vote, I feel like you'd push omega harder at this point. Especially since midwife and naana have taken the spotlight for this phase. 

Also too reply to your earlier question about evan/midwife: I didn't pay much attention to his tpp play but I remember him going aggro at via and getting lynched for losing the Tdome with him. Which is kinda different from what he's doing this game but I'm not going by meta wrt my stance on Evan, can't really go off of meta over one game where he got lynched d1. With midwife its more that they haven't followed up on any of their questions,  they seem to be a michelaar type of player. 

On 6/19/2018 at 7:52 AM, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Elemina stated that orihime wouldn't townread midwife and naana as scum when they didn't have any townie content,  to Which I asked this question,  I had no opinion on naana at that point but I was scum reading midwife so I was considering the scenario where scum!orihime sets up a  scum! midwife defence early. Also from my perspective the townread on orihime didn't make sense for those reasons because point of being scum is to BS reads, why does having a nonsensical town read give someone townie points? 

On 6/19/2018 at 8:09 AM, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I feel like play here is to lynch orihime /gorf. 

Orihime has a stance on naana/midwife that makes no sense coming from town trying to solve the game. 

Gorf's cases don't feel genuine and the timing of the midwife vote looks really bad especially when he's still pushing elemina.

I'm also fine with naana /midwife dying.

Not sure if I'll be on for deadline, how many hours do we have?  I'll be on for the next few hours though for discussion.

18 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Going to respond to this first.  I dont think my Dya and naana reads were at odd with each other.  Dya had interactions with am/naana which seemed shoddy but lynching naana over Dya is always the play here given that people are giving meta of Dya having a weak d1, including Dya herself,  meanwhile naana has done more scummy things like self Pres the entire phase. What issues did you see here? 

At the time when I made the read orihime made sense as scum because she wasn't really doing anything with her midwife defence and made comments where she was OK with am being lynched on grounds of game state not devolving into an am tunnel which puts a dent in your conviction.  If you can see a good side of am being lynched why bother hard defending them?  That being said I wouldn't push orihime given that she was the first to catch the am slip,  I feel like she's not likely to do it as scum?  I do think she's an impulsive player who doesn't consult her buddies on what to do,  given what I saw in the game I hosted. Anyone else with meta on orihime? 

I worded that badly but shinori is frozen with his vote as scum.  Like he can't make different cases or think of different perspectives,  he's not willing to reconsider as scum. I guess you think that his tunnel on Naana is scummy but he has legit reasons to vote naana?  Naana's play has been self Pres as fuck and I can't remember content from naana that wasn't self Pres,  don't ask me to skim through 100+ pages to check for content that wasn't self Pres lol. But that's the most memorable thing that naana has done this game so I wouldn't fault shinori for his tunnel. 

17 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I know you told me to respond to Sb's case on me but he hasn't openly challenged any of my reads in the catch up post.  Just said that he couldn't follow any of my reads, that's not something to respond to.  If you have a specific post that I need to respond to then quote it. 

I don't want to lynch omega mostly because I'm familiar with his thought process but some of the things he has done this game check out with his town  meta of taking stances,  like the way he treats gorf and I. I've talked to him outside of the game about his style outside of sf and its not a surprise to me that he's playing differently from how he usually plays on sf.

I wouldn't vote naana today because he was presented as a counter wagon to midwife, but his actions in he thread reek of scum intent, people who are defending him really need to explain why they're coming from town instead of scum because tring him without an explanation gives you a pass on your reads.

I wouldn't lynch Refa ever because I don't see scum hopping on the midwife train after the slip and then backing off 1 hour before deadline to start a counterwagon. Why would scum ever do this apart from WIFOM? 

Sb is scum imo. Basically my issue is that he avoids having much of a say on naana /midwife,  town reads both of them, has problems with the way Dya approaches her read on naana, but votes omega because he's not playing to his usual meta?  Also case on me is bad because he never directly addresses any of my reads but says that he can't follow my reads. Gorf is one of my biggest points into the game yet he never takes a stance on my gorf case.  It takes midwife slipping for him to vote them so this really feels like scum just taking the backseat while avoiding anything to do with midwife. 

Ichigo is scummy for similar reasons as he tried to push omega and I opposed to the midwife wagon with very little reasoning but I'm more confident in my Sb read ATM. 

For scum on the naana wagon I'd pick shatiel and red ryu as most likely wolves but I haven't seen a lot from them to have anything concrete. In shatiel's case he tried the omega turbo earlier so that's a point against him. 

I'm feeling confident in one or two scum bussing midwife early on given that few people really opposed a midwife lynch but I'm going to hold those to myself until later in the phase,  I want to see more from the midwife voters. 

Can someone give me a tldr on the reads on Evan?  I haven't felt like anything of his play screams town but give me some meta on the guy. 

14 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

This is actually a v good question and that's shady af. 

Anyway to respond to you,  I don't see naana as locktown but how does a naana vote now change anything?  They'll respond similarly to how they did d1, if we don't have anything conclusive then they're a good lynch today.  

What do you think of my case on Sb? 

##Vote: @SB.

12 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I haven't read alpha male, Ryan, and haven't read a lot of red ryu. 

I read  weinerboy/soup and I liked his case on ichigo + his stance on Dya/jc but the stance on shinori and gorf is ????? Like he trs shinori for his ed fight with Evan but that isn't even the main contribution of shinori, which is his naana case.  Also the end of that paragraph looks bad because  giving yourself an out over the AM read isn't very conclusive. 

My problem with the gorf read is that he should be having a stance on gorf by now,  100+ pages into the game is you've played with him many times.  Given that gorf voted midwife that should be more conclusive in forming an opinion on his alignment but it feels off that he'd want to know about Gorf's read on elemina to form a concrete stance. 

Evan read also bothers me because TMI on a slot that's not even as active or as game changing as the other players and is ends up not resulting in a scum read. 

I'd say that wall is p wolfy. 

6 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

On shinori I agree that he has been sticking with the naana tunnel for a long time but I'm certain he's not opposed to voting other people,  its just that a lot if his scum reads are yet to put in some content today. 

Agreed with red ryu,  I can't comment much of the slot since the only noteworthy thing they've done is voting naana. I'd be willing to vote them as a last ditch since they seem to not be having anything else but its not a prio.

I don't really know anything about Gorf's meta but I've had to re evaluate my read on him after his opening posts today.  I disagree with his read on omega but I don't think scum!gorf needs to case omega here if they're highly aware of each others meta. @Omega what's gorf like as scum? One thing I'm worried about is a bus given he shifted to midwife and kept pushing elemina after. 

What's your take on my Sb case?  And what do you think of the orihime cases that have popped up so far?