[COMPLETE] Hasha no Tsurugi manga translation

TheEnd

I've read some more.

Wow volume 6 was EPIC! (though it kinda contradicts the events of the game, isn't Zephiel supposed to leave?)

A few comments:

I think I saw a bit of japanese text in a speech bubble somewhere... (In either V5 or V6, I'm not refering to the japanese text in "King's Whirlwind", in fact I love how you kept that in.)

Kilmar's Speed is HORRIBLE for a lv. 20 myrmidon. i'm surprised that dragon didn't double him.

This manga was made before FE7, right. Because if so, the 'fox scene' (between young Zephiel and guenivire) which appears in FE7 (the begining of the 'Vaidia and the Uber Spear' chapter, if I recall correctly) was taken directly from the manga.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This manga was made before FE7, right. Because if so, the 'fox scene' (between young Zephiel and guenivire) which appears in FE7 (the begining of the 'Vaidia and the Uber Spear' chapter, if I recall correctly) was taken directly from the manga.

The first part is correct. However, the manga was still being made when FE7 and FE8 were released.

I've read some more.

Wow volume 6 was EPIC! (though it kinda contradicts the events of the game, isn't Zephiel supposed to leave?)

A Guinevere was supposed to stay with Roy's army, etc. As I said in the op, it follows a different route from the game.

A few comments:

I think I saw a bit of japanese text in a speech bubble somewhere... (In either V5 or V6, I'm not refering to the japanese text in "King's Whirlwind", in fact I love how you kept that in.)

I blame Vincent.

Kilmar's Speed is HORRIBLE for a lv. 20 myrmidon. i'm surprised that dragon didn't double him.

Yeah, I noticed that too. With that speed, he isn't supposed to be doubling (or dodging) anything. And yet...

It's as Vincent said. It's a monthly manga that started in 2002 and finished in 2005. So, don't be surprised if you see a couple FE7 references/omakes.

Hi, I'm here to thank the good job of The End, I'm the translator of a french scantrad team and with two other teams, we started to do Fire Emblem Hasha No Tsurugi like one of our projects.

We're able to do this project because you do the same thing but japanese-english

Thank you and continue your good job!!!

FE4's fan translation is quite advanced, as is FE6's.

...oooookay, I might try so that you all don't have to listen to my ramble about not quite knowing about FE4 and 6...^^;

I'd do a German scanlation...if I wasn't this lazy...

I'm no fan of derived translations, as they usually result in reasonable butchering of the original work. The ones derived from mine are particularly tragic, as they end up being Japanese -> (Portuguese reasoning ->) English -> ???.

I've found a particularly amusing case as of late, that being a Portuguese derived translation. It made me remember how bad my chapter 3 translation was (seriously, it failed in many levels; I don't even want tolook at it again), and how people still retranslate it because they don't even have a notion of Japanese.

I'm no fan of derived translations, as they usually result in reasonable butchering of the original work. The ones derived from mine are particularly tragic, as they end up being Japanese -> (Portuguese reasoning ->) English -> ???.

I've found a particularly amusing case as of late, that being a Portuguese derived translation. It made me remember how bad my chapter 3 translation was (seriously, it failed in many levels; I don't even want tolook at it again), and how people still retranslate it because they don't even have a notion of Japanese.

Yeah, indeed. When one of the persons in charge of this French translation based on your English translation, talked about it on my forum, I asked to check out one chapter to see how faithful to the original it was. And when I saw said chapter (which happened to be chapter 2), I was horrified to see MANY translation errors compared to the original, due to the passage through English, and the mistranslations. So I helped them correcting all those errors, and they asked me if I could do the same for the other chapters. I said yes, but it would be very slow, as I already so many things to do (studies, Fujimori, Pokémon giveaway, site, forum gestion...). :/

Edited by AceNoctali

I think she'll want a proper public translation project, so that she, too, can enjoy reading said translations.
Hmm, Of course! A public translation project would be a perfect ideal for reporting new improvents to its translation.

I, truly, could arrange for this acknowledgement!

If you want, I can scan vol 11. after finals (so after next week). I can also scan in the previous volumes if people want.
Wow, you truly could do that? My only question is: could you do it with sweet HQ scanlations like Minaya or would you do it like the past chapters...

Either way, we would still like you to try. Something is better than nothing.

I also have all the FE4 and 5 manga (and the novels for 3-8...), but I"ll only scan them in IF someone is willing to translate them.
If you scan them and give me a link, hopefully my Japanese/Chinese (HighSchool & Neighbor) Language Instructor - who also loves mangas, reading novels, and who is also Japanese herself could help out.

- Oh, and by the way, TheEnd, my instructor said you've done a pretty good jop with the translations...

She told me that their were some volcabulary that could have been used instead of the ones used to better satisfy the manga arrangements, but over all, she rates you 8 out 10 for putting in effort. ;)

Edited by EliSoul

Wow, you truly could do that? My only question is: could you do it with sweet HQ scanlations like Minaya or would you do it like the past chapters...

No, they aren't. But, seriously? I'm fine with them (example, before quality editing/levels). The only motive I didn't use her chapter 34 was laziness.

(That, obviously, means I won't be remaking previous chapters, even if superior scans are released. I guess they could be useful for those derived translation projects, though...)

Either way, we would still like you to try. Something is better than nothing.

You know, if I were the one providing the scans, that kind of comment would probably annoy me.

If you scan them and give me a link, hopefully my Japanese/Chinese (HighSchool & Neighbor) Language Instructor - who also loves mangas, reading novels, and who is also Japanese herself could help out.

Translating novels is hard work.

- Oh, and by the way, TheEnd, my instructor said you've done a pretty good jop with the translations...

She told me that their were some volcabulary that could have been used instaed of the ones used to better suite the manga, but over all, she rates you 8 out 10 for putting in effort. ;)

I hope you didn't just show her chapter 3.

Also, "effort" ratings are euphemisms.

Edited by TheEnd

No, they aren't. But, seriously? I'm fine with them (example, before quality editing/levels). The only motive I didn't use her chapter 34 was laziness.
If that is the result of her scans, then it would be awesome! I wonder how often Aquantis checks this board.
(That, obviously, means I won't be remaking previous chapters, even if superior scans are released. I guess they could be useful for those derived translation projects, though...)
That really bites but it's okay. I can do them over, but it would be a drag just copying word for word. I'll probably get my instructor to translate in her choices of things and grammer...(and probably compare the two..lol)
You know, if I were the one providing the scans, that kind of comment would probably annoy me.

Oh you meant on how I asked Aquantis to scan whatever he/she had? I didn't mean it that way... <_<

Translating novels is hard work.

Well for her, it woun't be too hard of a task since she translates jap-to-eng & eng-to-jap all the time for her personal business affiars. I just hope it won't be be a super long novel. :blink:

I hope you didn't just show her chapter 3.
Don't worry, I didn't.. :P She only read from Volumes 1 & 2...and then stated her responce.
Also, "effort" ratings are euphemisms.
Oh, don't take it personally. Her ratings are never accurate - trust me... ;)

If you've seen how she rated movies that she's never saw yet, then you'll understand...it's hilarious... :lol:

Edited by EliSoul

Damn...thanks for this!

I've just read Volume 1....

This manga should have been re-adapted to anime....

Wow, someone were to redo this whole manga...it would be more than epic....

Thanks TheEnd and Minaya and the editors for our hard work!!!!!

BTW, Elisoul, you seem dedicated to this project....XD

Edited by Lady Lyndis

Just a heads-up: I've finished translating chapter 38, as promised. I'll post it here as soon as it's revised, as usual.

Also, as most of you are probably aware, I don't have any more raws. Therefore, any questions about when the next chapter will be released, etc. may result in unfriendly replies.

That's all for now.

Edited by TheEnd

Vincent got volumes 1-9 from ChinaFE, a few years ago. I asked him to upload them for me last August, when I decided to start this project.

Chapters 37 and 38 were scanned by Minaya.

Finished volume 9.

Turns out Garet IS in the manga, but all you see of him is him lying on the ground behind Murdoch. And he isn't named. (this proved my theory that you could remove Garet from the game and it wouldn't affect the story at all.)

Epic LOLs at Zealot's only apperance being getting owned by Murdock too.

Edited by Big Klingy

So translation is in progress, right? And thanks to Minaya~

It's Christmas soon...I wonder when whatever announcement about FE will come, but that is beside the point.

And, see? there are quite some who register to say thank you!

Chapter 38 is out. Just as I did with chapter 37, this one is available in low (default) and high (oversized) quality.

I wonder if I'll see zips with both around the internet, like last time.

Also, I repeat that I'm out of raws, so please don't ask when a new chapter is coming out - because I don't have any idea.