[COMPLETE] Hasha no Tsurugi manga translation

TheEnd

April: PoR is announced. It has catgirls and N64 quality graphics. Raging ensues.

September June: SS is announced.

October: SS is released.

April next year: PoR is released.

There, fixed :( Seriously, the graphics might not be quite N64 but that and catgirls you can see why fans were worried...they then had the same screenshots as part of the E3 media package so the excuse of "oh they're old shots" wore thin. It wasn't until about November we saw screenshots that resembled the final product (I think even then there were little things like the stat screen BG was still the Tower of Guidance).

Sacred Stones was June for sure I dug up my scans and looked at the file created date (those scans resemble the prototype apart from the map seen in this scan...). Now that is something I should get back into doing...actually saving stuff :(

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have those scans. I guess I could have gone for more accurate dates if I had remembered of them.

Either way, I only remembered that, after PoR was announced, somebody posted that Nintendo was producing another GBA game as well. Everybody thought it was bullshit. Then, some time later, SS is announced for release NEXT WEEK (well, actually 3 months ago, but still).

I also remember PoR being delayed a couple times. It was originally announced for Christmas or something.

I still have those scans. I guess I could have gone for more accurate dates if I had remembered of them.

Either way, I only remembered that, after PoR was announced, somebody posted that Nintendo was producing another GBA game as well. Everybody thought it was bullshit. Then, some time later, SS is announced for release NEXT WEEK (well, actually 3 months ago, but still).

I also remember PoR being delayed a couple times. It was originally announced for Christmas or something.

Well, now that there is time...could you at least try to translate the extra stories in each volume?

I don't care how imperfect you do it...just do for the sake of completing the project as a whole...

If you can't do it, can you give me the translations in text?

I could most definitely pull it off.... if you give me the translations for each volume....

I have no intention of doing that, actually.

Maybe sometime I could translate some author's comments. It's a low chance, though, so don't count on it.

Even then, the extra stories will be left untouched.

Edited by TheEnd

I wouldn't call Exaccus a wrong romanisation; it sounds quite right in my mind (note: I don't think in English, however).

It's mostly because of the Japanese standard for turning foreign words into katakana (and in my experience, the standards are appreciably strict for modern (read: video game) transliterations). In [ekkezakkusu], the 'e' in the 'ke' syllable is necessarily voiced: the only three romanizations for the English 'x' sound are [kusu] ([akusu] = axe), [kisu] ([takishi] = taxi), and I've seen [guzu] ([eguzairu] = exile). Thus, the proper romanization would be roughly the pronunciation of [eh-keh-zaks] or [eh-keh-za-kuhs] ('Eckesachs' is the internal name used in the FE8 battle effects list).

Look at me ramble.

Oh, right, one more thing: there were a couple spelling mistakes on the translated author's thingy on the page with the prototype Alle sketches, like 'mistery' instead of 'mystery'.

And, TheEnd, out of curiosity...

Do you have a translation for Magough's 'ultimate attack' yet? (I suppose not since raws haven't gotten that far.) I've been stumped on what language ウルディア・ア・ラグラード [urudia.a.raguraado] (kanji version is 神息の颶風 [shinsoku? no gufuu] 'god-breath tempest') is for a year or so now.

Edited by Ice Dragon

It's mostly because of the Japanese standard for turning foreign words into katakana (and in my experience, the standards are appreciably strict for modern (read: video game) transliterations). In [ekkezakkusu], the 'e' in the 'ke' syllable is necessarily voiced: the only three romanizations for the English 'x' sound are [kusu] ([akusu] = axe), [kisu] ([takishi] = taxi), and I've seen [guzu] ([eguzairu] = exile). Thus, the proper romanization would be roughly the pronunciation of [eh-keh-zaks] or [eh-keh-za-kuhs] ('Eckesachs' is the internal name used in the FE8 battle effects list).

Look at me ramble.

Oh wait, I always thought it was Ekkuzakkusu (which would be fine as Exaccus, really) instead of Ekkezakkusu. D:

Although really, I find Eckesachs a weird name I wouldn't be able to memorize even if my life depended on it.

Oh, right, one more thing: there were a couple spelling mistakes on the translated author's thingy on the page with the prototype Alle sketches, like 'mistery' instead of 'mystery'.

It was a rushed translation I made for TF, so I didn't bother having it proofread. It has one or two translation errors, too.

Edited by TheEnd

Aquantis have the V11? if Aquantis scans this... I will save my V11 XD

The End said a answer, I have a money fot that, but, scans for not group ins´t the idea. But, if the Aquantis will scans other tomes, I will help with double page.

AAhh... I need study english <----<

If you want, I can scan vol 11. after finals (so after next week). I can also scan in the previous volumes if people want.

As stated on my page, if people are interested (and hopefully willing to translate) the doujin, then I'll scan them in. Yes most are form FE4, but that's my favorite game, so it makes sense.

I also have all the FE4 and 5 manga (and the novels for 3-8...), but I"ll only scan them in IF someone is willing to translate them.

I also have all the FE4 and 5 manga (and the novels for 3-8...), but I"ll only scan them in IF someone is willing to translate them.

Novels *.* ...waiiit...damn, I can't translate ;.; ...do the novels have nice art as interlude?

Novels *.* ...waiiit...damn, I can't translate ;.; ...do the novels have nice art as interlude?

they do have a few pictures. I've scanned it some of the pictures, you can find them here:

http://aquantis.tripod.com/FE-doujin.html

(I still have to update it and add the novels from 6-8 and the rest of the scans for the 4 novels)

Ah, Aquantis ! So you are at Serenes too ! I'll jump on the opportunity then.

What about the scans of volumes of Fujimori Nuts' FE4 manga ? I replied to your mail, but still waiting for your answer. As I asked you in the mail, how should we do for sending me the scans ? Website download ? Rapidshare ? Other way ?

Ah, Aquantis ! So you are at Serenes too ! I'll jump on the opportunity then.

What about the scans of volumes of Fujimori Nuts' FE4 manga ? I replied to your mail, but still waiting for your answer. As I asked you in the mail, how should we do for sending me the scans ? Website download ? Rapidshare ? Other way ?

I approve of this move. Where's the chapter 6 draft, are you slacking like me Ace

If you want, I can scan vol 11. after finals (so after next week).

I approve of this as well.

Note for those who want to ask for better quality scans of previous volumes from Aquantis: I won't be retranslating them. So, think twice before asking for a full chapter when you just want an image, for instance.

Of course, nothing keeps other people from using my translations on better scans, but that would be simply a waste of time and effort.

Edited by TheEnd

I approve of this move. Where's the chapter 6 draft, are you slacking like me Ace

Took a temporary stop to it, as I'm currently focusing, during the free time my studies give me, on finishing as soon as possible Pokémon Platinum's main storyline, just to be sure to be prepared for the special Eevee I'll go search at Tôkyô's Pokémon Center shop during the holidays in two weeks. Will go back to the translation just after Christmas, it's a promise.

they do have a few pictures. I've scanned it some of the pictures, you can find them here:

http://aquantis.tripod.com/FE-doujin.html

(I still have to update it and add the novels from 6-8 and the rest of the scans for the 4 novels)

Yay, pictures! But since I can't do much with them, especially since I don't know FE4 (sadly) I humbly await the novel pictures of 6, 7 and 8^^ But don't rush. I can wait^^

Apologies that this is a bit random/off-topic but in response to:

I wonder if there is a game that resembles FireEmblem in both worldly-ness, gaming unit like, and story like in all directions...

Do you guys know of any resembled games? Other than Final Fantasy... <_<

There's one that got me into Fire Emblem in the first place: Farland Story

http://www.telejapan.com/af/fs/story/main.htm is one of the only sites I can find about it.

The gameplay is very similar (almost identical) to FE; the setting is very similar as well. It was released on the SNES, PC, and later a PC CD Rom version with animated cut scenes - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oxs-Xa-jJGs and apparently spawned 8 sequels.

What the hell, there's somebody else out there who played Farland Story? o__o

I didn't think to mention it since it's pretty simple compared to FE, and it's really obscure. The first game (Part 1 of the SNES/PC/PCFX remake) is a fairly heavy clone of FE. The latter games starting becoming less similar, although the general SRPG concepts are similar.

For anyone looking for a "simpler" FE, I'd definitely recommend checking out Farland Story 5 or 6. Farland Saga 1+2 and Symphony are also very good, but they don't have any translation patches AFAIK.

Anyway, getting back on topic, there are a few pages that I'd like to request HQ scans of. Unfortunately, I don't remember what they are, off the top of my head ^^;;;

Edited by VincentASM

Anyway, getting back on topic, there are a few pages that I'd like to request HQ scans of. Unfortunately, I don't remember what they are, off the top of my head ^^;;;

You could describe them. >:

Wow, I haven't been on for along time...

So, TheEnd, have you gotten anymore new scans from Minaya? or is she still focusing on college issues...

Next is, for Aquantis: I would like you to scan anything you have...(especially the novel)

Because I know of someone who will translate it for me.

Thanks a billion!!!

Apologies that this is a bit random/off-topic but in response to:

There's one that got me into Fire Emblem in the first place: Farland Story

http://www.telejapan.com/af/fs/story/main.htm is one of the only sites I can find about it.

The gameplay is very similar (almost identical) to FE; the setting is very similar as well. It was released on the SNES, PC, and later a PC CD Rom version with animated cut scenes - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oxs-Xa-jJGs and apparently spawned 8 sequels.

Thanks for this information!!!

I will most definetly try Farland Story!!!

Edited by EliSoul

So, TheEnd, have you gotten anymore new scans from Minaya?

Read the first post in this thread.

Next is, for Aquantis: I would like you to scan anything you have...(especially the novel)

Because I know of someone who will translate it for me.

I think she'll want a proper public translation project, so that she, too, can enjoy reading said translations.

The beautiful world of emulation allows you to fix that issue quite easily.

...it doesn't fix the problem of understanding the language. Okay, translation-patches are all there but I really hope Intelligent Systems will remake FE4....and any other Japanese-only versions.

Oh, and talking about FE-like games, I remember one with horrible voice casts in English, but similiar gameplay. Luminous Arc, anyone?

...it doesn't fix the problem of understanding the language. Okay, translation-patches are all there but I really hope Intelligent Systems will remake FE4....and any other Japanese-only versions.

FE4's fan translation is quite advanced, as is FE6's.

Really, thank you. I wanted to read these manga, and you are making it possible. Oh, and I >won't< ask why you're putting them on hold, take all the time you need :D.

Keep doing what you're doing and you have the whole community backing you up, don't forget that.

~Kaiser Phoenix

O_o WoW some good Collections... I think I need to learn Japanese at this Rate...

You better get starting already then, since it takes a while.

Oh, and I >won't< ask why you're putting them on hold

- Studies

- Path of Radiance

- Lack of raws (makes rushing utterly pointless)

- Studies

- Path of Radiance

- Lack of raws (makes rushing utterly pointless)

Well, I said I wasn't gonna ask, I figured it was personal :P But, anyways, I just posted that to letcha' know that I think it's awesome what you're doing and thanking you for doing it ^^;; not so much putting my nose in your business (though I was curious, I just wanted to lengthen the post to more than a sentence, you know, so I don't look like a complete noob my first few days at SF.)

I too need to learn Japanese, as I have been being lazy and not doing so already >.>;; Hard finding classes on how to do it, I'll probably end up having to by a PC learning software thing or something.

~KaiserPhoenix