What studio would you trust with a hypothetical FE anime?

Ottservia

So if there were to be some kind of FE anime adaptation which anime studio would you want to handle the production or which studio do you see most likely to handle the project and why?

Personally I would love to see ufotable have a go at it because all their game adaptations in the past have all been pretty good. 

yeah bones is a pretty great studio and I wouldn’t mind them being the ones to take the reigns. They have some really talented staff working for them. though I’d be fine with most any studio so long as it isn’t A1 cause dear god if the P5 anime is anything to go by.

If you want some God-tier animation, then KyoAni is the best bet. I wouldn't want A-1 but like, they aren't bad. They're just the McDonald's of the anime industry.

At the end of the day though, it does come down to the writer. However, i've noticed that the best studios tend to have the best anime while the worst ones tend to have the worst anime. That's not a guarantee (KyoAni has a mostly good track record but they also have Phantom World and Beyond the Boundary, the former being meh and the latter being one of the most boring anime i have ever seen) but it's an observational guess. So like, if we get someone like EMT^2, then an FE anime would most likely be terrible.

2 hours ago, Otts486 said:

So if there were to be some kind of FE anime adaptation which anime studio would you want to handle the production or which studio do you see most likely to handle the project and why?

Personally I would love to see ufotable have a go at it because all their game adaptations in the past have all been pretty good. 

there's plenty of high-quality animation studios out there, so it's kinda hard to choose.

partially, it also depends on the themes they've been working with in the past.

i would say Studio 4°C did an amazing job with the Berserk anime( not the terrible CGI reboot, i'm talking about the "Golden Age" arc ), so that would be the top for me in terms of medieval-fantasy themes.

All things considered I don't think a Fire Emblem anime would necessarily need a high amount of emphasis on the fights to keep the audience hooked (unless they adapt one of the weaker stories) so basically any studio that could keep its character animation consistent would be good. Maybe Kyoto Animations or Studio Madhouse.

I would personally love to see the animation done by Madhouse, they've done a ton of quality work over the years and their action scenes are pure eye candy. Or if that doesn't work out we could always give it to Pili International. :Taiwan: 

Edit: For those of you who just Googled Pili International Multimedia... No. I was not joking.

Edited by TheGoodHoms

How do you think ufotable would fare? For high-quality post-prod/setpieces, fluid action sequences, & handling epic fantasy stories like their Fate/ work, they have a pretty good kit to realize a Fire Emblem story with the brevity it demands. Might be a bit on the pricier end & they seem to have enough on their plate, from a distance.

Studio Khara already did the Echoes cutscenes, and those were superb. Nintendo/IntSys might already have their foot in the door if they wanted to take on a full-production.

5 minutes ago, Sarki Soliloquy said:

How do you think ufotable would fare? For high-quality post-prod/setpieces, fluid action sequences, & handling epic fantasy stories like their Fate/ work, they have a pretty good kit to realize a Fire Emblem story with the brevity it demands. Might be a bit on the pricier end & they seem to have enough on their plate, from a distance.

Yeah and plus they have a pretty good track record as far as video game adaptations are concerned. Then again I have yet to watch the tales of zestria anime so *shrug*. Though if there are any other studios I think would do a good job with it, they would be madhouse, whitefox, or aic. 

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

If you want some God-tier animation, then KyoAni is the best bet

Oh I know full well what KyoAni are capable of but I honestly just don't see them doing it. Their bread and butter is more of the slice of life, moe, and romance variety. I'm not saying they wouldn't be able to pull it off cause again it's KyoAni but it would just seem weird to see them adapt an action/adventure fantasy story like fire emblem. And yeah I know A1 isn't  terrible but with how their other video game adaptations like valkyria chronicles, ace attorney, and P5 turned out I don't have any faith in them to be able to do fire emblem justice. 

37 minutes ago, Sarki Soliloquy said:

Studio Khara already did the Echoes cutscenes, and those were superb

I would prefer it if it wasn't at 20 FPS tho

22 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

Oh I know full well what KyoAni are capable of but I honestly just don't see them doing it. Their bread and butter is more of the slice of life, moe, and romance variety.

Yeah, that's true and the two times (off the top of my head) where they did do a fantasy/action series ended up being pretty bad, though that's the fault of the writing quality of the work that was being adapted. The animation was still good.

23 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

And yeah I know A1 isn't  terrible but with how their other video game adaptations like valkyria chronicles, ace attorney, and P5 turned out I don't have any faith in them to be able to do fire emblem justice

The thing with anime adaptations of video games is that most of them aren't very good. You do get some decent ones like Ufotable's Tales anime but most of the time, why not just play the games themselves?

I think the key is to be original with it or at least have enough of freedom. For example, the Hyperdimension Neptunia anime takes elements from the second and third games but very much feels like it's own thing, which is why it's one of the few actually good anime adaptations of video games.

Tl;dr, give me a reason to actually watch it. Don't just make it a glorified summery of the game. 

9 minutes ago, Roland said:

Madhouse or Studio Bones. Keep Koei and A1 Pictures faaaaaaar away from Fire Emblem.

I'm not saying this to be down on Fire Emblem, but I wouldn't want Bones or Madhouse to waste their talents on Fire Emblem.

Those two studios are known for fast, fluid animation and creative artstyles to go along with it. I really don't think that's the tone and pace of a Fire Emblem series. With both studios being as picky as they are with projects, I feel like they'd be wasting their time on Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem's a series fit for a competent workhorse studio, not studios known for high velocity passion projects.

Edited by Slumber

19 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I'm not saying this to be down on Fire Emblem, but I wouldn't want Bones or Madhouse to waste their talents on Fire Emblem.

Those two studios are known for fast, fluid animation and creative artstyles to go along with it. I really don't think that's the tone and pace of a Fire Emblem series. With both studios being as picky as they are with projects, I feel like they'd be wasting their time on Fire Emblem.

Yeah I see where you're coming from which is why I think there isn't a snowballs chance at home that trigger will do it. Though, I don't think madhouse is completely out of the question considering they helped with some of the character design for awakening.

23 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Fire Emblem's a series fit for a competent workhorse studio, not studios known for high velocity passion projects.

Honestly, I just want any studio but Toei or A1 making a Fire Emblem anime. Literally anyone else but those two.

1 minute ago, Roland said:

Honestly, I just want any studio but Toei or A1 making a Fire Emblem anime. Literally anyone else but those two.

toei is too busy wanking toriyama to bother with any new projects at the moment. Well toriyama, oda, and to a lesser degree bandai anyway.

As for A1 I agree but knowing A1 it probably will be them. What can ya do.

I'd kinda like to see Studio Trigger or David Productions take a crack at it. Both are a bit more bombastic, so they could add a lot of flavor into an FE anime. Sure, you'd lose the interactivity, but in exchange you'd get both excellent animation, and weird yet well put together moments.

26 minutes ago, Roland said:

Toei's not gonna touch a project unless they can half-ass it and it can make them mountains of money. I think with Nintendo involved, it'd be very unlikely to see a Toei-run FE anime. 

Can't speak to A1, but their fortè doesn't seem to be fantastical war series. 

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, DarthR0xas said:

I'd kinda like to see Studio Trigger or David Productions take a crack at it. Both are a bit more bombastic, so they could add a lot of flavor into an FE anime. Sure, you'd lose the interactivity, but in exchange you'd get both excellent animation, and weird yet well put together moments.

Assuming you could get Trigger to double pinkie promise to go light on the fan-service, I'd like to see that. Trigger probably has my favorite animation style of any studio but they make it as hard as possible for me to watch some of their shows if you catch my drift.

I always forget the the name of the studio who did Saiyuki Reload Blast, but they did such a great job with that (I want them to remake the rest of the Saiyuki animes now because they did that good of a job with Blast).  I would love it if they did a FE one because they would be very loyal to the source material. 

i doubt IS would ever consider letting Trigger doing an anime version of Fire Emblem.

the themes that Trigger usually work on are way too much different, and since the fanservice in some of their anime can get really silly at times, i guess that wouldn't be the main choice for IS.

plus, they're currently working with ArcSystem Works for a videogame adaptation of Kill-La-Kill, so that's one more reason it's unlikely to happen.