Jump to content
Jingilator

Alleged Gen VIII Titles floating around (MIGHT BE FAKE)

Recommended Posts

That could be legit, actually, as there's another rumor saying the same names that ties into a Pokémon GO screenshot that Masuda posted. It's of a Weedle of a low CP and people think the stats and stuff hint towards these names.

I thought people were just looking too into it and Masuda simply felt like posting a screenshot, but seeing these logos now...yeah.

I think the names sound weird, but those logos are really neat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That could be legit, actually, as there's another rumor saying the same names that ties into a Pokémon GO screenshot that Masuda posted. It's of a Weedle of a low CP and people think the stats and stuff hint towards these names.

I thought people were just looking too into it and Masuda simply felt like posting a screenshot, but seeing these logos now...yeah.

I think the names sound weird, but those logos are really neat.

They look real, but as much as I like them, they are fake.

If I remember correctly the one who made them said it.

The name is in hiragana, so the logo can't be real, and you can find the crowns with these words: "crown vector"

That being said, I think that King and Queen will be the real name.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These things are nearly always fake.

I'm lazy to check, but I think those crowns are stock images you can probably find online.

Also, it's highly unlikely they'd write the subtitle in hiragana. Rather, I think it's a rookie mistake from somebody pretending they know Japanese (aka most fakers). Typically, subtitles are written in Kanji (with furigana above it, if necessary for a younger audience) or katakana.

The main reason the Let's Go logos were real was because somebody had seen them and tried to draw them from memory. Nobody is going to have an actual screenshot (not even a photo) from an actual presentation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Drakhis said:

They look real, but as much as I like them, they are fake.

If I remember correctly the one who made them said it.

The name is in hiragana, so the logo can't be real, and you can find the crowns with these words: "crown vector"

That being said, I think that King and Queen will be the real name.

 

Oh, I see. But given the thing I said about Masuda and his GO screenshot, the names King and Queen could still be real, yeah.

I hope we get the official announcement during the Pokémon Day celebrations. It would be most fitting to do it at this time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering how Sun and Moon was leaked in a similar fashion, I’m leaning towards real. On top of that, there’s also been whispers that the region is based around the UK which would go right in line with the names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the supposed titles being [****] and [*****], a unique concept I thought of is—and hear me out—both Nidoran genders being your starter for either version; an unlikely but still cool way I think Game Freak can justify this is giving Nidoking and Nidoqueen Mega Evolutions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind the title of the eighth generation, so long as the game is good and we get our gen 4 remake. Funny how it worked with Gen 6, waited for a year to release ORAS. Maybe we'll get the same thing with Diamond and Pearl (with Platinum somehow being written into it. Maybe a post game)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, this is the time leading up to a new game announcement when rumors start popping up like crazy. I don't easily believe any of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if the games were called that, and we should be getting an announcement soon either way.

That being said, I think Infrared and Ultraviolet would be pretty cool names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ah, this is the time leading up to a new game announcement when rumors start popping up like crazy. I don't easily believe any of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if the games were called that, and we should be getting an announcement soon either way.

That being said, I think Infrared and Ultraviolet would be pretty cool names.

Me too, but at the same time I’m kind of not feeling ‘em after Black and White being a thing.

Assuming these leaks are real, what kind of Pokémon could be based off the UK, and what kind of legendaries could be based off royalty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...