Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think this game will actually be fantastic.

THIS

three-houses-visual.jpg (Claude meme is not funny anymore)

THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h3JjZ4qy88

THIS

Fire-Emblem-Three-Houses_2019_03-08-19_004.jpg

IS WHY

Even if this game is bad what we have now looks great.

Edited by Emblemier Ben
I think I was got I had a fit or something when writing this. Just rewriting this to match my feelings now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the hell is that logo. Why is our Hufflepuff boy upside down? Why did they copypaste pngs into a logo, put a purple background into it and called a day? This is so lazy. I'd rather the logo be the loli dragon girl if this is what we're going to get for the final version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they clearly weren't joking when they were talking about the graphics, its just a question of whether the switch can handle them in the battles themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GrassEater said:

they clearly weren't joking when they were talking about the graphics, its just a question of whether the switch can handle them in the battles themselves

I think those 3 pictures are hand-drawn reference artworks and not actually 3D-rendered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ziegenpeter said:

I think those 3 pictures are hand-drawn reference artworks and not actually 3D-rendered.

you might be right, whoever drew them is very good at capturing the game's art style though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boyo being upside down, just....ahduhuiffg, couldn't just tilt him or something, or God forbid, put him right side up and slide the Byleths over?

Well it's whatever since I perfer Dimitri's design anyway and I can see him just fine~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean... don't some Archers/Snipers in a 3D jump into the air for a trick shot that involves a flip? I think Takumi might do that... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Boatcat

The music sounds great, the title theme really gives me Lifelight vibes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at Claude's bow again and...I think it's actually not a mistake? Seems like both ends of his bow are just designed in a disorted way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

"Why are you guys upside down?" - Claude

Well up and down are relative...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ziegenpeter said:

Looking at Claude's bow again and...I think it's actually not a mistake? Seems like both ends of his bow are just designed in a disorted way.

It's entirely possible that's the case, but the issue is that the art is still depicted in a way that makes it appear as an error. It should've still been drawn in a different way to avoid this mistake, such as altering Claude's position to make the bow's bend not be obscured the shine or maybe dimming the shine.

It's like Elise's official artwork in Fates. She's obviously hiding her right pinky behind her ring finger (as I refuse to believe a professional artist can somehow miss drawing only 4-FINGERED HAND on a blank background), but the way it's drawn still makes it look like she's missing a finger if you're not really paying close attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

It's entirely possible that's the case, but the issue is that the art is still depicted in a way that makes it appear as an error. It should've still been drawn in a different way to avoid this mistake, such as altering Claude's position to make the bow's bend not be obscured the shine or maybe dimming the shine.

It's like Elise's official artwork in Fates. She's obviously hiding her right pinky behind her ring finger (as I refuse to believe a professional artist can somehow miss drawing only 4-FINGERED HAND on a blank background), but the way it's drawn still makes it look like she's missing a finger if you're not really paying close attention.

I think positioning the shine either more towards the tip or more to the middle of the bow would do the trick. But yeah, the "problem" is the fact that the shine covers the part where the bow end starts to tilt. But in the end, it's really no biggie, at least in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ziegenpeter said:

I think positioning the shine either more towards the tip or more to the middle of the bow would do the trick. But yeah, the "problem" is the fact that the shine covers the part where the bow end starts to tilt. But in the end, it's really no biggie, at least in my eyes.

Oh yeah, frankly this error is incredibly small and it feels like a lot of people are complaining about it because they don't like the box art but don't know what to critique exactly. 

There are real aesthetic issues with the box art IMO (such as the use of all three, bright primary colors without any sort of efforts to tone down the intensity and add a more cohesive feel to the piece, making it feel like someone slapped it together in 15 minutes on MS Paint), but the issue with the bow( and just getting mad about the box art in general) is hardly something to be up-in-arms over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Main theme seems pretty nice. Can't wait to hear what its like in English.

Claude....what exactly are you doing up there?

Tryna be 2kool4skool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They couldn't have done a three Musketeers version of this box art? All five of them could be right side up that way. Just put one Byleth in between Dmitri and Claude, and the other in between Edelgard and Claude. It seems like they look like they are going to be friends anyway.

That song makes me hope they release the full soundtrack on Itunes or something if they are all this good.

The artwork of the locations doesn't really do anything for me though. Fates had pretty location art as well, but we never got to actually enjoy most of it in game except for the thrones that appeared in cutscenes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

They couldn't have done a three Musketeers version of this box art? All five of them could be right side up that way. Just put one Byleth in between Dmitri and Claude, and the other in between Edelgard and Claude. It seems like they look like they are going to be friends anyway.

That song makes me hope they release the full soundtrack on Itunes or something if they are all this good.

The artwork of the locations doesn't really do anything for me though. Fates had pretty location art as well, but we never got to actually enjoy most of it in game except for the thrones that appeared in cutscenes.

One thing's for certain is that the concept art should be phenomenal. Apparently Kazuma Koda, NieR: Automata's concept artist, is doing work for this game (he did the steelbook and special edition box art for the Japanese release), and if his work on Automata is anything to go by, it will be something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

One thing's for certain is that the concept art should be phenomenal. Apparently Kazuma Koda, NieR: Automata's concept artist, is doing work for this game (he did the steelbook and special edition box art for the Japanese release), and if his work on Automata is anything to go by, it will be something.

Well yeah, but concept art is only pretty in the artbook. I wish they had gone with a different style for the actual game itself because it just bores me right now. What is the point of pretty art if the actual game you are going to spend hours looking at doesn't compare? Don't get me wrong, I love the art for the special edition in Japan. I wish they had gone for that instead, and am hoping it shows up as the startup screen in the game. However, concept art isn't enough to really excite me about the game. Sorry if I come off as rude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

Well yeah, but concept art is only pretty in the artbook. I wish they had gone with a different style for the actual game itself because it just bores me right now. What is the point of pretty art if the actual game you are going to spend hours looking at doesn't compare? Don't get me wrong, I love the art for the special edition in Japan. I wish they had gone for that instead, and am hoping it shows up as the startup screen in the game. However, concept art isn't enough to really excite me about the game. Sorry if I come off as rude.

At the very least since this is art of Garreg Mach monastery, the chances of us actually visiting those places seem pretty high. Will they look as good, yeah, probably not, though what we've seen of the monastery is easily the best looking part of the game, so maybe it won't be that bad either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see everyone's talking about Claude... Yeah... But I kinda find the joke not funny already, reminds me of "Waluigi for Smash", there are people actually frustrated, and people taking a joke too far.

 

PS: 

I think I overhyped this post. Oh well, I still agree it looks like it's gonna be fantastic. note: "looks like".

Edit:

changing the main post.

Edited by Emblemier Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...