April Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

Do you think the number of heroes on Legendary banners will increase from 12 to 16?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the number of heroes on Legendary banners will increase from 12 to 16?

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

lol, then you believe wrong. I won't deny that I have some bias for Elincia, but it's not clouding my judgement in the least bit. I'm pointing out facts.

And one of those has a tome that hits both cavalry and armors for effective damage while the other has that as well AND is a dancer, which are useful things. A legendary healer infantry Micaiah will most definitely not have those.

Do you come from the future? How do you know that Micaiah will most definitely not have the first staff with effective damage. We have very few PRF staves so we don't know exactly how far they want to go with them. And even if she doesn't have it, she could have another effect that makes her super OP. Or unique.

All I'm saying is that you claim you have some facts that prove Legendary Micaiah will be a disappointing unit. This is impossible since she isn't out yet. We will have the facts only after she comes out.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well MK Leif can't have a weapon called "Everything but Dark, B+ Light, Holy Weapons, and Shapeshifter Stuff". Nor can he be of an exclusive Gold Color with WTA vs. everything. So, what would he get?

• A Sword? The Bragi Sword in particular would make sense because FE5. But it would be real boring (although does a Sword Cav Legendary exist yet?) and a waste of showing the versatility of Master Knight.
  • A Lance? Maybe the Gae Bolg in an alt canon where he has the blood to use it? Slim chance. I don't think FEH does such alt-selves though.
  • An Axe? Why? Not bad regarding LHs, and it is proof of versatility, but nothing stands out.
  • A Bow? Again, not sure why. Not bad, but not good either.
  • A Tome? Maybe Tornado since he usually gets in FE4 that barring LewynxTailtiu when Tine takes it, would be fine. And it shows additional versatility since it is magical and not physical.
  • A Dagger? Well Jugdral doesn't have these, so it'd be weird. If proof Master Knight is even more adaptable than we already thought it was. 
  • A Staff is probably the best. Since it is Colorless, it makes him normally immune to WTD, suitable for the weakness-free Master Knight, if not getting WTA either. It is magical too, showing that sheer versatility. And one could spin it as connecting him to his mother Ethlyn the Troubadour. All he needs is for someone to invent an awesome signature Staff for him, which isn't a problem.

As for Legendary Seliph, I'd go all the way with his Minor Naga and throw him some Light Magic on a horse. Baldr was also a Crusader closely associated with light. Although a Staff because Deidre I guess is a possibility. 

Seliph isn't able to use either staves or light magic as a Knight Lord though.

44 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Do you come from the future? How do you know that Micaiah will most definitely not have the first staff with effective damage. We have very few PRF staves so we don't know exactly how far they want to go with them. And even if she doesn't have it, she could have another effect that makes her super OP. Or unique.

All I'm saying is that you claim you have some facts that prove Legendary Micaiah will be a disappointing unit. This is impossible since she isn't out yet. We will have the facts only after she comes out.

I know because I'm being reasonable, of course. :/ Why would a legendary Micaiah be a dancer/singer? As for an armor/cavalry effective weapon, that's still unlikely, even if it technically isn't impossible.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know because I'm being reasonable, of course. :/ Why would a legendary Micaiah be a dancer/singer? As for an armor/cavalry effective weapon, that's still unlikely, even if it technically isn't impossible.

Who cares if Legendary Micaiah isn't a dancer/singer or doesn't have an armor/cavalry effective weapon though? And who cares if Legendary Micaiah with a staff is a thing before Legendary Elincia with a staff or vice versa? That's still two more colorless legendary heroes, and to be frank, I am sick of Female Grima as our only colorless legendary hero XP

Anyway, the closest we'll probably ever get to a staff dancer is if they added Rinea as a staff unit with Faye's Renewal spell.

15 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Who cares if Legendary Micaiah isn't a dancer/singer or doesn't have an armor/cavalry effective weapon though? And who cares if Legendary Micaiah with a staff is a thing before Legendary Elincia with a staff or vice versa? That's still two more colorless legendary heroes, and to be frank, I am sick of Female Grima as our only colorless legendary hero XP

Anyway, the closest we'll probably ever get to a staff dancer is if they added Rinea as a staff unit with Faye's Renewal spell.

I'm tired of Grima Robin being the only colorless legendary too. That's another reason I really want flying healer Elincia. Because she'd be colorless and she'd fill a needed unit type.

Micaiah coming first just bugs me because infantry healer is most likely what she'll be on top of my dislike for her. Elincia, besides being my favorite female in the series, would be a much rarer unit type.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm tired of Grima Robin being the only colorless legendary too. That's another reason I really want flying healer Elincia. Because she'd be colorless and she'd fill a needed unit type.

Then we should have Legendary Micaiah as a colorless staff unit as well. We can never have too many colorless legendaries.

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

Then we should have Legendary Micaiah as a colorless staff unit as well. We can never have too many colorless legendaries.

Sure, I'm not saying it shouldn't ever happen. I just think it'd be better variety if we have Elincia come first. Regardless though, I'm gonna be happy to get her anyway if she really is going to come at some point, whether she comes before Micaiah or not.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Micaiah coming first just bugs me because infantry healer is most likely what she'll be on top of my dislike for her. Elincia, besides being my favorite female in the series, would be a much rarer unit type.

Well, we should be pretty safe in expecting some colorless legendary this month, whoever they are.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Seliph isn't able to use either staves or light magic as a Knight Lord though.

And Ryoma can't use Rajinto as a Kinshi Knight either. I don't see a problem here. Making him his promotion would not be unusual for a Legendary- Ike, Ephraim, and Eirika all are, and it'd be better than Infantry again.

Although they could make him Armor and the same weapon types. It'd be a way of referencing the Baron/Emperor classes of FE4 and Seliph's life after the Holy War of 776-777 as King of Grannvale. We've a mere one Blue Tome and Staff Armor apiece.

Thinking about my own plans for this banner:

• Definitely planning on pulling red, barring bullshit like increasing the character count. (I do not expect this.) I've made two attempts to get Marth already, and while I'm less enthusiastic about Roy, he's still pretty neat and it'd be nice to get the lightning effect. Especially once it actually starts doing something. Also, Fire is currently the only original element where I only have one legendary, and it'd be nice to finally change that. Red on legendary banners is always a bit painful, especially when already having one of the units, but getting a merge on Ike wouldn't be too bad either.
  • Probably not pulling blue. Ylgr and Ephraim are both nice, but there just isn't enough there, especially for a color where I'm only missing two characters. That said, even more so than Ike, getting a merge on Fjorm would be pretty sweet.
  • Might pull green. Hector isn't a big deal to me, but he's still pretty sweet. I don't care much about Fae, but if Fjorm gets the spot instead, it'll get fairly compelling. Assuming Brave Ike rounds it out, it's another case of two new units and a duplicate. I don't use my Brave Ike enough to care much about a merge, but if I get a duplicate, I could feed him to be BK. I think Hector/Fjorm/Ike adds up to reason enough for me to pick up green orbs in any sessions I'm already in, but not to keep pulling after I finish up other colors. On the other hand, if Kaden somehow gets in, I'll be all over green. But I don't think that's likely at all.
  • Colorless really depends. If it's Eirika/Veronica plus the new hero, I'll pass, since I don't like legendary odds when I'm only missing one unit. On the other hand, if Leanne does get in, I'll go for it. Could even let me stop pulling red early, if I get the lightning effect from the new legendary and don't need Roy for it. But, again, not optimistic. Also, compared to Fjorm and the two Ikes, I would not find a duplicate Winter Eirika particularly useful. Could feed her to Loki for Dazzling Staff, I guess?

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Ryoma can't use Rajinto as a Kinshi Knight either. I don't see a problem here. Making him his promotion would not be unusual for a Legendary- Ike, Ephraim, and Eirika all are, and it'd be better than Infantry again.

The difference is that Seliph can't use light magic or staves in any of his class options and has no lore indicating that he should be able to do so (magic usage is not typically hereditary), whereas Ryoma does have the ability to use Raijinto in his other class options.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The difference is that Seliph can't use light magic or staves in any of his class options and has no lore indicating that he should be able to do so (magic usage is not typically hereditary), whereas Ryoma does have the ability to use Raijinto in his other class options.

*Points to the Minor Naga*

Even Burian or granddad Byron, Master Knights without a lick of magical ability, are by class able to use magic, even if they don't in gameplay. Not to mention auntie Ethlyn the Troubadour has dirt magic growth, as does Lachesis.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Points to the Minor Naga*

Nowhere does it say that minor Naga blood gives you the ability to use magic, completely overriding your lack of talent or training in magic. Major blood I can see an argument for as having major blood can be seen as having favor with the god aligned with your blood. Minor not so much.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not to mention auntie Ethlyn the Troubadour has dirt magic growth, as does Lachesis.

Literally everyone has dirt Magic growth before holy blood is factored in, and nothing says that having a good Magic growth means anything for a character's ability to use magic (just like how having a good Strength growth doesn't give you the ability to use physical weapons).

The ability to use weapons or magic requires talent and/or training and isn't something you're able to do just because your parents could or because you have strong affinity for magic.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nowhere does it say that minor Naga blood gives you the ability to use magic, completely overriding your lack of talent or training in magic. Major blood I can see an argument for as having major blood can be seen as having favor with the god aligned with your blood. Minor not so much.

And yet without even minor Fjalar/Forseti/Thurd blood, unless you are Queen/Baron/Emperor/Master Knight, you can't use Bolganone, Thoron, or Tornado in FE4. Minor Holy Blood still gives a +1 rank boost to weapon type from the get go. Therefore, Seliph would likely be semi-prodigal if he ever experimented with using Light Magic. No Book of Naga annihilation, but if he ever became a Sage he could sling Nosfertatu or Aura, unlike anyone else sans Naga's blood.

Thracia is a separate story of course since they unfixed weapon ranks there, but let's stay on the topic of FE4.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Literally everyone has dirt Magic growth before holy blood is factored in, and nothing says that having a good Magic growth means anything for a character's ability to use magic (just like how having a good Strength growth doesn't give you the ability to use physical weapons).

Lewyn, Edain, and Muirne have 30%, Charlot 50%, Linda and Amid 40%.  

Although you do have a point in the later half of your statement, particularly with the magic swords. (Which Seliph does use comparatively well thanks to his Minor Naga giving him a 30% Magic growth.)

• 2 weeks later...

So all new Legendary heroes will have this pair up ability going forth right? If so I could see Chrom get a legendary variant since his game was the one that introduced pair up and all. It doesn't mean it will be this one but I could see it happen eventually.

22 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

So all new Legendary heroes will have this pair up ability going forth right? If so I could see Chrom get a legendary variant since his game was the one that introduced pair up and all. It doesn't mean it will be this one but I could see it happen eventually.

I'm 90% sure it's just Legendary Heroes with the lightning bolt icon.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm 90% sure it's just Legendary Heroes with the lightning bolt icon.

Isn't that going to be like all future legendary heroes except for at least two then since we are only missing a Fire legendary with +2 spd and an Earth Legendary with +4 res.

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

Isn't that going to be like all future legendary heroes except for at least two then since we are only missing a Fire legendary with +2 spd and an Earth Legendary with +4 res.

"All" and "all except 2" aren't quite the same.

53 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

The legendary Spd bonus is +3, not +2.

Of the 20 known legendary types so far, 3 of the missing 5 should have the Duel effect. Who knows what other future legendaries will do.

So, colorless Legendary. Out of the protagonists, some possibilities are...

Alm (Bow), Celica (Staff), Elincia (Staff), Sothe (Dagger), Micaiah (Staff), and Corrin (Dragon).

A couple outside possibilities could be L' Arachel (Staff) and Takumi (Bow) as they are very important characters despite not quite being protagonists.

34 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

So, colorless Legendary. Out of the protagonists, some possibilities are...

Alm (Bow), Celica (Staff), Elincia (Staff), Sothe (Dagger), Micaiah (Staff), and Corrin (Dragon).

A couple outside possibilities could be L' Arachel (Staff) and Takumi (Bow) as they are very important characters despite not quite being protagonists.

Sothe isn't really a protagonist though. He's more along the lines of L'Archel and Takumi, even though his death does cause a game over, at least until endgame.

21 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Sothe isn't really a protagonist though. He's more along the lines of L'Archel and Takumi, even though his death does cause a game over, at least until endgame.

He has a story-based promotion though, which usually is exclusive to protagonists.