Shin Sakura Wars: Coming West, New Details

Jedi

7 hours ago, Cysx said:

Crazy, we did the same thing. But either way, Gamefaqs still has the complete translated scripts for all but 4(that or 4 is really short).

Maybe i'll try to marathon 2 through 4, before this comes out, my backlog is strangling me as is however haha.

Kubo recommending the guy who dedicated over a decade of his career to copying Kubo's art is funny to me. Though it's nice to see that Kubo and Kudo are on such good terms, since Kudo seemed to love drawing for the Bleach anime.

7 hours ago, Slumber said:

Kubo recommending the guy who dedicated over a decade of his career to copying Kubo's art is funny to me. Though it's nice to see that Kubo and Kudo are on such good terms, since Kudo seemed to love drawing for the Bleach anime.

It makes sense considering how his job was adapting Kubo's style to animation.

And now the poster that Kubo made for Shonen Jump is out in the wild. We even get previews of the battle suits:

7 hours ago, Aiddon said:

It makes sense considering how his job was adapting Kubo's style to animation.

It makes total sense, but I don't think most manga artists have as close of a relationship with their anime artists as Kubo and Kudo seem to have. I seem to recall an interview saying that Kudo's softer style was incredibly influential on mid-late Bleach's art. Kubo liked the way his artstyle looked in animation, and started subconsciously shifting his own style to resemble Kudo's more, as Kudo's started to resemble Kubo's more.

If you look at old Bleach manga chapters, it's much more angular and sharp than mid-late Bleach(Which is still iconically angular), where Kudo's art and Kubo's art styles started to converge.

Edited by Slumber

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/07/25/project-sakura-wars-introduces-the-shanghai-combat-revue-and-its-action-rpg-gameplay/

So they've ditched the strategy RPG gameplay for action. Sounds like a questionable move, but at least they explained why and that there was internal struggle on the matter.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/07/25/project-sakura-wars-introduces-the-shanghai-combat-revue-and-its-action-rpg-gameplay/

So they've ditched the strategy RPG gameplay for action. Sounds like a questionable move, but at least they explained why and that there was internal struggle on the matter.

I approve of this decision. Genres have evolved in the last 30 years. And although I've had my ear talked off about this franchise, I've never heard a single detail about its gameplay beyond a screenshot here or there. It was either non-notable in every game, or so bad that fans would never dare hyping it up.

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I approve of this decision. Genres have evolved in the last 30 years. And although I've had my ear talked off about this franchise, I've never heard a single detail about its gameplay beyond a screenshot here or there. It was either non-notable in every game, or so bad that fans would never dare hyping it up.

It was more so that the SRPG aspects were 10% of the older games, while the VN portions were the other 90%.