Light, Anima Or Dark Magic?

Ilboss

Favorite Magic Type  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Magic Type

• Light
    • Anima
    • Dark

I'm really fond of dark magic mainly for the lore it received in the GBA games with it being more sciencey I guess you could say and how if people immerse them selves to much in it, they loose themselves and their identities. I think it's really interesting and I wish it was explored more.

Fire. But I can't vote it because you didn't properly split up anima into its three types. I don't like all three equally, and honestly, I doubt a lot of people do, so I recommend splitting anima up into fire, thunder, and wind.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Fire. But I can't vote it because you didn't properly split up anima into its three types. I don't like all three equally, and honestly, I doubt a lot of people do, so I recommend splitting anima up into fire, thunder, and wind.

Most of the series doesn't split Anima up, and several games don't even split magic outside of tomes and staffs.

10 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Most of the series doesn't split Anima up, and several games don't even split magic outside of tomes and staffs.

Some games still do though.

Light magic. I don't know why, but I really like light magic. Not just in Fire Emblem; but in general. I tend to enjoy playing as either a paladin or a priest when trying out an RPG.

When it comes to Fire Emblem in particular, I think there's a lot of untapped potential when it comes to light magic in FE. 

16 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I thought people would prefer if I put them all under anima. Sorry

Edited by Ilboss

10 minutes ago, Ilboss said:

I thought people would prefer if I put them all under anima. Sorry

Not all of them do, it seems. But if I'm the only one, then don't worry, I wouldn't want you change it just because of one person.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely light.  The combination of purifying and smiting is just too good to pass up.  

I also like the lore of while dark magic comes from learning what one should not know, light magic comes from having faith in what one can not know (Natasha and Colman’s support conversation in Sacred Stones iirc).  And besides:

“Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.”