7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then I can explain. I prefer dating guys who are older than me. Their personalities tend to be more to my liking and I also tend to find them more attractive in general. Byleth is older than all the students, so near all her options are younger than her. The only ones that aren't are characters like the teachers and Alois and Gilbert. And they're all surely much older than Byleth and I'm certainly not into getting with someone who's a decade or more older. Granted, this is a game and I don't really see Byleth as myself, but...well, I still kinda feel the need to project what I'm comfortable with onto her. Just how I am. xP

Ah, now that makes perfect sense. I can see where you’re coming from, it would have been nice to have a romance option for F!Byleth that is slightly older than Byleth other than Mercedes.

Spoiler

For the record, Alois and Gilbert apparently aren’t even really romance options, their S ranks are platonic. Which kinda makes sense, given that Alois is apparently married, but still weird that they’re even available for S rank...

Thank you for explaining, I think I was confused by the word “uncomfortable”. All the romance options being younger than you leading to a lack of interest makes a lot more sense. 

Edited by ZanaLyrander

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

Not interested. Never recruited him and I don't care to.

I mean older man dont always mean mature right younger guy can be mature too. If you think tat one character fits your tastes than go for him. I mean bending your rules a bit never hurt anybody. Just saying by my own personally experence. Always like female my own age but older females arent to bad.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then I can explain. I prefer dating guys who are older than me. Their personalities tend to be more to my liking and I also tend to find them more attractive in general. Byleth is older than all the students, so near all her options are younger than her. The only ones that aren't are characters like the teachers and Alois and Gilbert. And they're all surely much older than Byleth and I'm certainly not into getting with someone who's a decade or more older. Granted, this is a game and I don't really see Byleth as myself, but...well, I still kinda feel the need to project what I'm comfortable with onto her. Just how I am. xP

I understand what you mean. I wish there was a better variation outside way older teachers and younger students. I don't have the same problem as I don't project myself into avatar and I'm quite chill regarding relationships standards in fiction but thinking better there's no one that is Byleth's age in the game 

3 minutes ago, Mikethemaster2018 said:

I mean older man dont always mean mature right younger guy can be mature too.

Well of course. In fact, the only boyfriend I've ever had was two years younger than me. He was quite good looking and mature for his age. We didn't stay together because we had very different outlooks on life. Was a mutual breakup.

But generally, my preference is still for older guys.

EDIT: Yes, exactly, @Mylady I wish there was better variation too.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Mylady said:

I understand what you mean. I wish there was a better variation outside way older teachers and younger students. I don't have the same problem as I don't project myself into avatar and I'm quite chill regarding relationships standards in fiction but thinking better there's no one that is Byleth's age in the game 

I mean therw ahamir and mercedes they like 22 and 25 and post time skip they are like 27 to 30.

I mean therw ahamir and mercedes they like 22 and 25 and post time skip they are like 27 to 30.

They're women. I'm not bisexual/lesbian. Heck, I'm actually asexual, so not even heterosexual either. But I am heteroromantic. I'm simply not interested in sexual relationships.

Also, pretty sure they're not S support options for female Byleth anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Mercedes is, she’s one of the same sex options for female Byleth, though as you’ve indicated it’s a moot point if you’re not interested (personally I like Mercedes as a character and a unit, but can’t stand her voice).

2 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

Mercedes is, she’s one of the same sex options for female Byleth, though as you’ve indicated it’s a moot point if you’re not interested (personally I like Mercedes as a character and a unit, but can’t stand her voice).

I didn't say I disliked her as a character. She's fine as a character to me. I'm just not into heterosexual pairings.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They're women. I'm not bisexual/lesbian. Heck, I'm actually asexual, so not even heterosexual either. But I am heteroromantic. I'm simply not interested in sexual relationships.

Nothings wring with being asexual some people arent into sexual stuff. I think Mercedes is bi. She a nun but that doesnt stop from loving who she loves. That beautiful on it own. I am a romantic myself. 

Nothings wring with being asexual some people arent into sexual stuff. I think Mercedes is bi. She a nun but that doesnt stop from loving who she loves. That beautiful on it own. I am a romantic myself. 

I didn't say homosexuals/bisexuals can't love who they want to. They can. I'm not one of those bigots/assholes that hates them just because. I may not have interest in their lifestyles, but that doesn't mean I can't think they're cool people. I've been friends with a few. So do not call me homophobic please. If it wasn't your intention, okay then. No biggie. I apologize for thinking you might have been doing so.

I just have to point this out because I have been rudely called homophobic in the past simply because I don't care for things like yoai/yuri/heterosexual pairings, etc. Which is ridiculous.

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't say homosexuals/bisexuals can't love who they want to. They can. I'm not one of those bigots/assholes that hates them just because. I may not have interest in their lifestyles, but that doesn't mean I can't think they're cool people. I've been friends with a few. So do not call me homophobic please. If it wasn't your intention, okay then. No biggie. I apologize for thinking you might have been doing so.

I just have to point this out because I have been rudely called homophobic in the past simply because I don't care for things like yoai/yuri/heterosexual pairings, etc. Which is ridiculous.

Uh I didnt never did i said there nothing wrong with being asexual and I was clearing if you or couldnt S rank mercedes that it. You get defenseive easily. I was just having a conversation that all. I try not to judge people it not my place too.

Edited by Mikethemaster2018

51 minutes ago, Mikethemaster2018 said:

Uh I didnt never did i said there nothing wrong with being asexual and I was clearing if you or couldnt S rank mercedes that it. You get defenseive easily. I was just having a conversation that all. I try not to judge people it not my place too.

I said I was sorry if I misinterpreted. Geez.

1 minute ago, Mikethemaster2018 said:

No issue at all. Just clearing up what I meant. 

Alright, that's fine. Also, I'm defensive by nature, you're right. It's just who I am.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, ZanaLyrander said:

Ah, now that makes perfect sense. I can see where you’re coming from, it would have been nice to have a romance option for F!Byleth that is slightly older than Byleth other than Mercedes.

Even though I wouldn't have been interested in it myself, it kind of pisses me off that there isn't even one male character that is only a little older than Byleth akin to Shamir or Catherine. Even though romance is much less of a deal in this game than others, it's still a big selling point. But I guess it's no longer a surprise that IS is not very good at appealing to a female audience.

Am I missing something, or aren't

Spoiler

almost all the students older than Byleth after the timeskip? They age 5 years, s/he does not.

4 hours ago, Florete said:

But I guess it's no longer a surprise that IS is not very good at appealing to a female audience.

I think that's a bit unfair. There are still plenty of options for the female audience (unlike the gay male audience...). Yeah there's a particular male age missing but there's also a particular female age missing (i.e. there's only one woman older than Catherine, unless you count the two "NPCs"; noooo clue how those S supports go...), and other specifics missing too.

Spoiler

Also Seteth certainly looks like he fits in that age range physically, though weird case of course.

1 minute ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I think that's a bit unfair. There are still plenty of options for the female audience (unlike the gay male audience...). Yeah there's a particular male age missing but there's also a particular female age missing (i.e. there's only one woman older than Catherine, unless you count the two "NPCs"; noooo clue how those S supports go...), and other specifics missing too.

Don't really want to get into it here, but this is far from the only example that makes me say such a thing.

8 hours ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

Either way its very messed up to think about any dark possible things I rather my character live to the fullest in the other route with their spouse with 0 travesty which is the intent since they're the player. 

Hide contents

Since Anankos can grant immortality as one of the options he mention since he's technically a god Byleth has no problem doing the same since Sothis is on another level. 

Another counter argument I have was that when you paired Seteth or Flayn to a mortal, it also say they lived to the fullest. But we are pretty certain they outlived their spouse.

11 hours ago, iavasechui said:

well it’s not impossible for a human to have their lifespan extended by a dragon 

Especially one with Deity powers(Byleth). There's people mentioning Byleth doesn't look different in 5 years but you gotta consider there still an Avatar character so they still gotta be overall recognizable and the faculty doesn't look different either despite being much older(ie Shamir, Manuela, Catherine, Hanneman etc) even some former students don't look that different 5 years isn't enough for some characters to look drastic to others. 

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

22 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Am I missing something, or aren't

Hide contents

almost all the students older than Byleth after the timeskip? They age 5 years, s/he does not.

Does it specifically say

Spoiler

that Byleth doesn't age during the 5 years? I'm pretty sure we'd still assume they're 5 years older, making them 25 or 26 around the time they wake up~

If they in fact don't age, then you would be right, only a handful of students like Petra and Lysithea would still be younger than them~

52 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Does it specifically say

Hide contents

that Byleth doesn't age during the 5 years? I'm pretty sure we'd still assume they're 5 years older, making them 25 or 26 around the time they wake up~

If they in fact don't age, then you would be right, only a handful of students like Petra and Lysithea would still be younger than them~

Spoiler

I just figured between Jeralt’s age and who your mom is and what happened with Sothis you just dragon slept five years to heal from your fall

Edited by iavasechui