If Battalions were implemented in a Genealogy remake...

Jotari

The idea for battalions used in Three Houses was originally a design concept for Genealogy of Holy War. Mining Kaga's ideas over twenty years later? Or just coincidence, who knows, but I think it's clear to everyone that the idea of battalions would fit very neatly into the world of Holy War given it's scale and duchy set up. So let's speculate a bit how that idea could work in Genealogy, what the battalions would be and would effects they would have.

I realize this thread seems like it might be kind of obvious, so if something like this has come up before then I apologize. I've been rather inactive about these parts lately.

If everyone gets an authority stat to better control their battalion then I could see Azelle and Lewyn staring out bad in it but it also being their hidden talent. 

Azelle is shy and timid so he wouldn't like leading troops but he probably has a decent mind for strategy. Lewyn would be bad at leading because he really doesn't want to do it, even if he's actually good at it and its what he's supposed to be doing. 

I guess the noble houses would give you a boost in commanding based on where you're from. Lex being good at commanding axe fighters, Leif and Finn lance fighters and Arthur mages.

If Echoes:Jugdral is going inherit the battlalion system from 3:H, I'd prefer if the battlalions are more than just an ability with minor stat boosts to equip(maybe a separate hp from the leader or even a Langrisser/Advance Wars thing in which they are a generic seperate unit).

Edited by Spatha