Fire Emblem Expo 2020

Thane

Just now, Thane said:

Also, Claude's pic is upside down in the gallery. They know.

They should've done something with his personal promoted classes' crit animations. Shooting an arrow during a loop-de-loop on your winged mount is 1% less insane than doing a massive twisting backflip on foot, and therefore actually feasible.

Is this old news? Or have they announced an expo, despite having another expo that hasn't happened yet having been recently announced?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is this old news? Or have they announced an expo, despite having another expo that hasn't happened yet having been recently announced?

Well, the website went up today at least.

Remind me again why Heroes is considered a spinoff when Alfonse is constantly pictured in promotional art with all the lords like this... Well, no matter, I still consider it part of the main series regardless of what anyone else says.

Anyway, this is cool! And it happens on my birthday too. But dang, even if I could afford to go all the way to Japan for this, I still wouldn't be able to because I have another, much closer event in mind that's occurring on May 6th, the day after. xP

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Remind me again why Heroes is considered a spinoff when Alfonse is constantly pictured in promotional art with all the lords like this... Well, no matter, I still consider it part of the main series regardless of what anyone else says.

Anyway, this is cool! And it happens on my birthday too. But dang, even if I could afford to go all the way to Japan for this, I still wouldn't be able to because I have another, much closer event in mind that's occurring on May 6th, the day after. xP

I think is mostly because of it's design philosophy... though FEH is a bit unique among "spin-off", because it's actually developed by people of IS, a trait it shares with Akanea Senki/Archanea Saga (a game that probably not a lot of people consider part of the main franchise, but it was developed by IS.

Also I want to point out Inoue Kazuhiko is the only voice actor from this game that still works doing voices in Fire Emblem games.

24 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I think is mostly because of it's design philosophy... though FEH is a bit unique among "spin-off", because it's actually developed by people of IS, a trait it shares with Akanea Senki/Archanea Saga (a game that probably not a lot of people consider part of the main franchise, but it was developed by IS.

Also I want to point out Inoue Kazuhiko is the only voice actor from this game that still works doing voices in Fire Emblem games.

Literally the only things that make Heroes differ from other main series titles are its platform (being mobile rather than on a Nintendo console) and the fact that it's a gacha. Otherwise, it shares all the same characteristics that the rest do (lord character(s), FE plot and gameplay, etc). So I never saw any reason not to call it a main series game. Just how I see it. But I see, yeah.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Literally the only things that make Heroes differ from other main series titles are its platform (being mobile rather than on a Nintendo console) and the fact that it's a gacha. Otherwise, it shares all the same characteristics that the rest do (lord character(s), FE plot and gameplay, etc). So I never saw any reason not to call it a main series game. Just how I see it. But I see, yeah.

Umm... 

Being a f2p gacha game

Having an ongoing, non-linear story.

Allowing for non-canon interactions between characters.

Smaller re-interpretations of canon maps.

Intentional immersion breakers (ie: modern swimwear)

Removal of traditional chance-based mechanics.

PvP focus.

It is very clear that Heroes is not a mainline game. That doesn't make it bad and it doesn't mean that it shouldn't have an expo presence (Hell, I think Lianna should also have a place on that expo art), but it isn't canon. 

Also, I just want to point out that google translate translated "Path of Radiance" as "Trajectory of the Shark Flames" on the site?

I can understand where "trajectory" came from, but how did google translate get "shark flames"?

Hey look, Leif is actually included this year.

1 hour ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Also, I just want to point out that google translate translated "Path of Radiance" as "Trajectory of the Shark Flames" on the site?

I can understand where "trajectory" came from, but how did google translate get "shark flames"?

I'm sure whatever kanji they use for "Blue Flame" comes out as something ocean-related, which then comes back to literal English as "Shark".

Edited by Slumber

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Umm... 

Being a f2p gacha game

Having an ongoing, non-linear story.

Allowing for non-canon interactions between characters.

Smaller re-interpretations of canon maps.

Intentional immersion breakers (ie: modern swimwear)

Removal of traditional chance-based mechanics.

PvP focus.

It is very clear that Heroes is not a mainline game. That doesn't make it bad and it doesn't mean that it shouldn't have an expo presence (Hell, I think Lianna should also have a place on that expo art), but it isn't canon.

- I'd already mentioned it being a gacha.

- That's minor, doesn't mean much.

- Some mainline FE titles have allowed this too, actually. Awakening and Fates, notably.

- Um...so? Again, minor thing, doesn't mean much.

- Swimwear and festival scenes were in Awakening and Fates too, as DLC.

- Each mainline FE has some differing mechanics too, they don't all have to be the same.

- What? There's no player vs player in Heroes. You're always facing AI-controlled enemies.

It's clear to me that Heroes is treated as a mainline game and that I can consider it such.

Edited by Anacybele

On 11/23/2019 at 8:17 AM, Anacybele said:

- I'd already mentioned it being a gacha.

- That's minor, doesn't mean much.

- Some mainline FE titles have allowed this too, actually. Awakening and Fates, notably.

- Um...so? Again, minor thing, doesn't mean much.

- Swimwear and festival scenes were in Awakening and Fates too, as DLC.

- Each mainline FE has some differing mechanics too, they don't all have to be the same.

- What? There's no player vs player in Heroes. You're always facing AI-controlled enemies.

It's clear to me that Heroes is treated as a mainline game and that I can consider it such.

There are a lot of things about Heroes that are different from all of the mainline titles.

In FEH, the bulk of the gameplay is fighting player created content. Arena, Arena Assault, Aether Raids, Voting Gauntlet and Grand Conquest are all vs player built units, teams or maps.

In FEH, the player's inventory, unit progression and even character availability are independent of the story progress.

In FEH, the story is a series of loosely connected books unlike a mainline game that has a strong core narrative which ties almost everything together.

In FEH, unlike literally every other mainline title, there is no accuracy  mechanic in gameplay. The maps are all very small. Units don't promote to new classes. The list goes on.

In FEH, the bulk of the cast are taken from other games. It's a massive crossover.

Do you understand now? If those things don't matter to you, that's totally an opinion you can hold but I doubt many will agree with you.