Jump to content

Gaming Resolutions 2020?


MissShake
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone in here have any resolutions/goals related to gaming for 2020? I have some myself~

  • I am a very mediocre trophy hunter, so I want to get my 50th platinum trophy next year. This should be easy since I'm at 46, but with how busy work and school has me maybe I should probably keep my mouth shut lol
  • I need to finish the other routes in 3H. I'm playing Crimson Flower with a friend right now, and I'm gonna have a save for the branch split so I can do Silver Snow. Game is so good, guys. So good.
  • I'm thinking of buying FE Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. I've been kinda in the mood for a Warriors game with Nintendo properties, and even if I have the 3DS version of HW it'll still feel new to me cuz it's been so long!
  • Go through my backlog. I have so many games I haven't touched but still own, so maybe I should cut back on my purchases and actually play some stuff, huh?

How about you guys? ūüėĄ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My 2020 Gaming Resolutions:

  1. Finish Valkyria Chronicles 4 and maybe get some of the DLC for it.
  2. Finish Ocarina of Time and 100% it (except maybe Bottom of the Well; I really dislike that mini-dungeon. But if I don't, I can't 100% the Gold Skulltula hunt... What should I do?). 
  3. Finish The Witcher 3, or at least the base game.
  4. Finish all four routes of Fire Emblem: Three Houses. 
  5. Finish World of Light of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Once all that's done, then this:

  1. Purchase Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and play it. 
  2. Purchase Dragon Quest 11 Definitive Edition and play it. 
  3. Purchase Valkyria Chronicles 1 and play it.
  4. If I have time for it, get Ys VIII. I was interested in getting that game, but I could never find it. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I really want to 100% BOTW before BOTW2 comes out.

Even the koroks? Getting all 120 and 4 devine beasts before fighting ganon is a good experience. Doing 900 puzzles? GOOD LUCK. (Why did they put in 900 koroks?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get Cloud into elite smash. It’s disgraceful that I don’t have my main in it but I have Zelda and Greninja in. I guess online just screws me over a lot, but I’m gonna put the work in to get him in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Even the koroks? Getting all 120 and 4 devine beasts before fighting ganon is a good experience. Doing 900 puzzles? GOOD LUCK. (Why did they put in 900 koroks?)

So that everyone would be able to find enough Koroks to have a large inventory by the end of the game. They genuinely did not expect people to actually go out of their way to find all 900, though they did account for the possibility with that golden korok… leavings award. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I want to go through the main city builder series made by Impressions … Casear 3  > Zeus > Middle Kingdom

I want to see Temple of Elelemtnal Evil's Temple+ mod and Jagged Alliance 2's 1.13 mod.

I shouldn't risk the burnout of "seeing the CANON" of CRPGs the same way I did marathonging SNES and PS1 JRPGs to see their "canon" but.... I've played through so many gold box games that I might as well finish those up... Might and Magic shouldn't hurt me because I LOVED every minute of Wizardry 1,5,6,8 (although the others...)  and finally the big 3 Roguelikes... despite their importance... should be short game from what I know of the sub-genre.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holly corn, this is going to be long and have a load of ''finish'', isn't it?:

  • Finish Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 2 (also 3 and 4 if the first resolution is completed)
  • Finish a Terraria Expert Mode run
  • Finish Disgaea 1 and 2
  • Get over with the tactics games (FF and Ogre especially)
  • New Game+ FE10
  • Finish World of Light (Smash)
  • Get a better ranking in a local Smash Tournament (I did my try this year, but I ended up fighting against who ended up was a the winner of the tournament on¬†my first round)
  • Play Stardew Valley with friends
  • Finish the Legion's Path in Fallout New Vegas
  • Finish Portal 1 and 2
  • Get over with the crazy amount of Lego games that I have
  • Gauntlet and Magic¬†Run on FE:TH
  • 100% Breath of the Wild (or at least all Shrines)
  • Finish all of Persona games
  • Figure out what the hell was I doing at that Pokemon run
  • Finish all the remaining FE games (1,3,4,14B)
  • Finish Lisa:The Joyful
  • Those damn Hack Roms
  • (Edit)Oh yeah, I actually forgot about all the other Zeldas that I need to finish, how hopeful I was for cleaning my resolutions¬†next year
  • Buy Dragon Quest 11 (Actually, forget all above. This is my new main goal.)
Edited by BergelomeuSantos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

Holly corn, this is going to be long and have a load of ''finish'', isn't it?:

  • Finish Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 2 (also 3 and 4 if the first resolution is completed)
  • Finish a Terraria Expert Mode run
  • Finish Disgaea 1 and 2
  • Get over with the tactics games (FF and Ogre especially)
  • New Game+ FE10
  • Finish World of Light (Smash)
  • Get a better ranking in a local Smash Tournament (I did my try this year, but I ended up fighting against who ended up was a the winner of the tournament on¬†my first round)
  • Play Stardew Valley with friends
  • Finish the Legion's Path in Fallout New Vegas
  • Finish Portal 1 and 2
  • Get over with the crazy amount of Lego games that I have
  • Gauntlet and Magic¬†Run on FE:TH
  • 100% Breath of the Wild (or at least all Shrines)
  • Finish all of Persona games
  • Figure out what the hell was I doing at that Pokemon run
  • Finish all the remaining FE games (1,3,4,14B)
  • Finish Lisa:The Joyful
  • Those damn Hack Roms
  • (Edit)Oh yeah, I actually forgot about all the other Zeldas that I need to finish, how hopeful I was for cleaning my resolutions¬†next year
  • Buy Dragon Quest 11 (Actually, forget all above. This is my new main goal.)

Wow; and I thought my list was long. I wish you good luck completing this. 

Speaking of which, I realize I had forgotten a few:

  • Finish Pok√©mon: Ultra Sun.
  • Get the latest BoxBoy game on the Switch.¬†
  • Possibly do a new playthrough of Mario Sunshine (I'm not going to 100% it, but I would like to get further in the game than I did when I was 9, which is to say not very far at all).¬†
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Wow; and I thought my list was long. I wish you good luck completing this. 

Speaking of which, I realize I had forgotten a few:

  • Finish Pok√©mon: Ultra Sun.
  • Get the latest BoxBoy game on the Switch.¬†
  • Possibly do a new playthrough of Mario Sunshine (I'm not going to 100% it, but I would like to get further in the game than I did when I was 9, which is to say not very far at all).¬†

Thanks, because I really gonna need it....especially since you accidentally also brought 3 similar resolutions that I also forgot, ksh.

And I will also wish you luck on your resolutions. (Edit?:Which I just noticed that they're very similar to mine too! So extra good luck for that!)

Edited by BergelomeuSantos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  1. Getting all caught up on Trails. Cold Steel 3 will be out on Switch early next year and the fan translation for Trails of Zero will likely be out by then as well so I can get up to speed on Crossbell stuff.
  2. Going to start playing through the Assassin's Creed games.
  3. Didn't get around to playing much of it but hopefully I will play more of and beat Octopath Traveler sometime next year.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

Thanks, because I really gonna need it....especially since you accidentally also brought 3 similar resolutions that I also forgot, ksh.

Sorry about that. 

 

8 hours ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

And I will also wish you luck on your resolutions. (Edit: Which I just noticed that they're very similar to mine too! So extra good luck for that!)

Thank you. Yeah; they are quite similar. Yours is basically mine plus a bunch of other stuff and without The Witcher 3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Finishing the fourth route of Fire Emblem: Three Houses is priority one, which I will get back to it on the first weekend of the new year as I’m taking another break from the game at the moment.

Aside from that:

  • Finish Astral Chain.
  • Put more time into Red Dead Redemption II since¬†I haven‚Äôt been playing it much.
  • Play and finish the Metal Gear Solid games I‚Äôve yet to play.
  • Buy any new or old games that catches my interest, as usual.
  • Buy an Xbox One.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are mine! 1-4 are basically MUSTs, 5&6 depend on how cheap I feel, and 7 onward are stretch goals.

1. Finish my (Maddening NG+) Blue Lions playthrough (currently in month 12, pre-skip)

2. Finish Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (just completed the third case)

3. Got Super Maro Maker 2 for Christmas, so I'd like to spend a lot of time with that (and beat story mode, maybe?)

4. Play a complete (Maddening NG+) Silver Snow route, ideally before July 26

5. Buy AI: The Somnium Files, and play the crap out of that

6. Buy Spyro Reignited Trilogy, and play through at least one game

7. Get back into Smash, at least try out all the DLC characters, and try to beat every Classic mode

8. Beat my campaign in Crash Team Racing Turbo-Charged, maybe do some more online play

9. Finally do a Randomized Sacred Stones playthrough, before my laptop totally conks out on me

10. Maybe do a "prestige replay" of... Thousand-Year Door? Pokemon XD? Sonic Adventure 2? Tellius Saga?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...