Fire Emblem: The Lonely Mirror [Completed]

caladrius

On 2/3/2020 at 12:08 PM, Jotari said:

How are you achieving that effect?

I am using the Copy the data of Source Unit XXX to destination unit YYY and take over role command in FEBuilder. With some item management and conditional IF statements, I got what I wanted to happen.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Thought I was going to cheese Chapter 14, the Border Gate Chapter, by promoting Joseph to Dark Griffon and flying up the side to reach the gate and sieze without bothering to open up the two paths. My plan failed because A) Joseph isn't a lord like I for some reason assumed. But more importantly B) The chapter was super easy. The enemies just rushed me basically one at a time and I stayed safe picking them off. I intended for Joseph to do all the fighting in that chapter but by the time he was finished everyone else had been sorted almost by accident. I thought the enemies would play a bit more defensively. I suggest trying out that one again. Overall the difficult's been pretty nice, but that one scaled far to on the easy side of things (in terms of plot it also featured Corrin's infamous taser sword which isn't something I can say I'm a fan of).

I have the same thought on Chapter 14. It seems to be fairly underwhelming compared to the other chapters. I might go back an make changes to this one.

While Joseph is a fairly central character, he does not have the abilities of a Lord (supply and seize). That being said, he performs very well as a unit from my experience. He would be among my suggestions if you are looking for a mage to fill out your roster. I still cannot say whether early promoting will be smart in this hack or not. You're fine until Chapter 20 at the very least. The difficulty at the end of the game is TBD.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

What's the advantage of going Witch over Oracle? Because I'm seeing to weapon types and a mount versus just one weapon type. Don't suppose they warp like in Gaiden?

Witch has a built in critical boost with magic, but can only use dark magic. Oracle is mounted and can use both dark and light. I might want to specify this in the text as it is unusual for an FE game.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, caladrius said:

I am using the Copy the data of Source Unit XXX to destination unit YYY and take over role command in FEBuilder. With some item management and conditional IF statements, I got what I wanted to happen.

I have the same thought on Chapter 14. It seems to be fairly underwhelming compared to the other chapters. I might go back an make changes to this one.

While Joseph is a fairly central character, he does not have the abilities of a Lord (supply and seize). That being said, he performs very well as a unit from my experience. He would be among my suggestions if you are looking for a mage to fill out your roster. I still cannot say whether early promoting will be smart in this hack or not. You're fine until Chapter 20 at the very least. The difficulty at the end of the game is TBD.

Witch has a built in critical boost with magic, but can only use dark magic. Oracle is mounted and can use both dark and light. I might want to specify this in the text as it is unusual for an FE game.

Well I figured I'd promote as soon as I got any Master Seal when I found out it was incomplete. Make use of what's there and all.

Yeah, specify the crit boost in the promotion text. Otherwise there's no real reason to choose witch. Part of the Oracle title in the background is cut off on the promotion screen too.

Hey why not give Oracle staves? 30% crit is great of course, but staves would be nice too. Not a lot of the promotion options I've seen thus far really seem to provide any stave access.

Chapter 16, I get that the promoted reinforcements are there to push the player into escaping. But I think they're a bit extreme. Especially the Scholar with a Meteor tome that can basically one shot anyone in my army with 90% accuracy.

On 2/5/2020 at 6:31 AM, Jotari said:

Yeah, specify the crit boost in the promotion text. Otherwise there's no real reason to choose witch. Part of the Oracle title in the background is cut off on the promotion screen too.

I did some edits to this and put it in a new branch that I am building with new chapters. I will verify the correction when I have the chance.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Chapter 16, I get that the promoted reinforcements are there to push the player into escaping. But I think they're a bit extreme. Especially the Scholar with a Meteor tome that can basically one shot anyone in my army with 90% accuracy.

Fair point. The Scholar with the Meteor tome might be a bit extreme here. I can remove the meteor in a future build. That being said, the strong promoted units do give a sense of urgency and they do come in pretty late. A player should be able to get away - at least with the Meteor removed.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Hey why not give Oracle staves? 30% crit is great of course, but staves would be nice too. Not a lot of the promotion options I've seen thus far really seem to provide any stave access.

I didn't want to give every magic user the option to have staves in the game. Fire Emblem endgames tend to be very easy with the abundance of staff users. Brett (Fire Sage), Joseph (Wind Sage), Tanya (Thunder Sage), Liang (Adventurer), Wanda (Templar), and Queenie (Bishop) all have access to staves on promotion. Ariel, Kathryn, and Lael by default have access to staves. I suppose Roxie is the only magic user that does not gain access to staves; however, mounted dark and light with no elemental weakness is very strong. Witch + Ruin provides insane levels of critical hit...as long as you hit. The biggest lull in available staff users in probably Ch 11 through 16. 

Anyway, thank you for your continued feedback. 😀 I really am trying to keep making this hack better and better, and I know it's a bit of a sleeper. 

7 hours ago, caladrius said:

I did some edits to this and put it in a new branch that I am building with new chapters. I will verify the correction when I have the chance.

Fair point. The Scholar with the Meteor tome might be a bit extreme here. I can remove the meteor in a future build. That being said, the strong promoted units do give a sense of urgency and they do come in pretty late. A player should be able to get away - at least with the Meteor removed.

I didn't want to give every magic user the option to have staves in the game. Fire Emblem endgames tend to be very easy with the abundance of staff users. Brett (Fire Sage), Joseph (Wind Sage), Tanya (Thunder Sage), Liang (Adventurer), Wanda (Templar), and Queenie (Bishop) all have access to staves on promotion. Ariel, Kathryn, and Lael by default have access to staves. I suppose Roxie is the only magic user that does not gain access to staves; however, mounted dark and light with no elemental weakness is very strong. Witch + Ruin provides insane levels of critical hit...as long as you hit. The biggest lull in available staff users in probably Ch 11 through 16. 

Anyway, thank you for your continued feedback. 😀 I really am trying to keep making this hack better and better, and I know it's a bit of a sleeper. 

Well I don't know about other players, I had a hard time getting all the chests while moving towards the exit in time before the reinforcements showed up. When they did I was in the dead center of the map (not that that really mattered as the scholar has such coverage that barely anyone was safe, the wao Dao swordmaster and brave bow sniper are threatening enough too when most of my army is in their range). I suppose now that I know they're coming this time around I'll have the southern group work on taking out the boss while the western group focuses on the chests. Problem is I didn't know the reinforcements would be coming the first time around.

And speaking about Roxie, I don't think there are any dark tomes dropped in that map so she was a bit of a dead weight for me in that chapter. I'll switch her out next time around.

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

And speaking about Roxie, I don't think there are any dark tomes dropped in that map so she was a bit of a dead weight for me in that chapter. I'll switch her out next time around.

Ah, that's an amazing point. I didn't even consider this. Well, technically Roxie would be gifted a dark tome if she begins in the cell next to Joseph and Wise and Eamon is still alive, but you would be right - that's the only way she can obtain a dark tome on this chapter. If Roxie starts in any other location, she would be dead weight. I'll need to change this.

Interestingly Roxie has never been a deployment consideration for me in this chapter. I typically bring high mobility characters like Ariel, Helga, Travis, or Wyatt. As well as bulky characters like Silvan or Caspian. Noelle definitely. Myles or Liang (if available) would be under consideration. Given Joseph and Queenie are"forced," I also never felt short on magic here. This is why I overlooked the use case. I am happy you are using Roxie. Spider and the Fly may be the only chapter I have where the experience can change based on initial unit placement.

13 hours ago, caladrius said:

Ah, that's an amazing point. I didn't even consider this. Well, technically Roxie would be gifted a dark tome if she begins in the cell next to Joseph and Wise and Eamon is still alive, but you would be right - that's the only way she can obtain a dark tome on this chapter. If Roxie starts in any other location, she would be dead weight. I'll need to change this.

Interestingly Roxie has never been a deployment consideration for me in this chapter. I typically bring high mobility characters like Ariel, Helga, Travis, or Wyatt. As well as bulky characters like Silvan or Caspian. Noelle definitely. Myles or Liang (if available) would be under consideration. Given Joseph and Queenie are"forced," I also never felt short on magic here. This is why I overlooked the use case. I am happy you are using Roxie. Spider and the Fly may be the only chapter I have where the experience can change based on initial unit placement.

That's something that I actually really like about the chapter. To the extent that I'm actually slightly against the whole free weapons the characters in the cell next to Joseph get.

There doesn't seem to be any droppable swords available in this level either. It feels like you tailored the level to the placement of your own units. Which in a way can be good, as it can encourage analyzing the level before you go in and placing units in specific places to pick up specific drops, but having no opportunity to make some of your units contribute without putting them in a single specific cell kind of nerfs things considerably.

In addition, Cinqueda isn't the best of weapons given that it's a knife effective against armours, but at this point in the game all the armours are lance wielders meaning it's always facing wtd. Not sure there's anyway to fix this without cracking the game open in terms of weapon types, but at least giving it two range like the other knives would be nice.

EDIT: Actually I see there's a steel sword in one of the chests. But getting to that and getting it to the unit that needs it is a bit of a chore.

Edited by Jotari

22 hours ago, Jotari said:

There doesn't seem to be any droppable swords available in this level either. It feels like you tailored the level to the placement of your own units. Which in a way can be good, as it can encourage analyzing the level before you go in and placing units in specific places to pick up specific drops, but having no opportunity to make some of your units contribute without putting them in a single specific cell kind of nerfs things considerably.

I'll need to recheck, but I believe there to be a droppable sword from one the reinforcement units as well as the chest. I can make some other conditional statements based on starting positions in order to provide more swords in the right location. That being said, the concept of this map was having to work with minimal equipment and even share equipment to complete the map objective. 

22 hours ago, Jotari said:

In addition, Cinqueda isn't the best of weapons given that it's a knife effective against armours, but at this point in the game all the armours are lance wielders meaning it's always facing wtd. Not sure there's anyway to fix this without cracking the game open in terms of weapon types, but at least giving it two range like the other knives would be nice.

I actually find Cinqueda to be a very strong weapon. It's basically an armor slayer and killing edge merged into one. Yes, Atticus may not likely destroy the armor knight unit near his starting placement without relying on a critical hit, but you do have two other units that can handle it too - honestly better. Atticus can also use the Cinqueda on the nearby fighters or begin opening doors. 

1 hour ago, caladrius said:

I'll need to recheck, but I believe there to be a droppable sword from one the reinforcement units as well as the chest. I can make some other conditional statements based on starting positions in order to provide more swords in the right location. That being said, the concept of this map was having to work with minimal equipment and even share equipment to complete the map objective. 

I actually find Cinqueda to be a very strong weapon. It's basically an armor slayer and killing edge merged into one. Yes, Atticus may not likely destroy the armor knight unit near his starting placement without relying on a critical hit, but you do have two other units that can handle it too - honestly better. Atticus can also use the Cinqueda on the nearby fighters or begin opening doors. 

When you're dealing with something that's both based on effective damage and critical hit, how much you trained him to begin with probably makes a big difference. I'd be most worried about the accuracy though, especially as you have to hit twice. It's multipliers upon multipliers upon multipliers, which means the number you start out with makes a big difference. I've already finished that chapter so I can't say exactly what the numbers were (I think it was 6 per hit on the armour knight), but it didn't seem reliable to me.

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

When you're dealing with something that's both based on effective damage and critical hit, how much you trained him to begin with probably makes a big difference. I'd be most worried about the accuracy though, especially as you have to hit twice. It's multipliers upon multipliers upon multipliers, which means the number you start out with makes a big difference. I've already finished that chapter so I can't say exactly what the numbers were (I think it was 6 per hit on the armour knight), but it didn't seem reliable to me.

I just checked in one of my save files. Atticus was doing 5 damage twice with a 30% critical hit. Though, this Atticus had trash level ups for me, so that is probably close the worst case scenario. Even still, Atticus should focus on fighters and opening doors instead of the armor knight. I gave Cinqueda to Assassin Myles on a later chapter and he destroyed armored knights at a weapon disadvantage without a problem.

Also, I just finished making some changes to Spider and the Fly. I added many more conditionals based on initial placement that ensure enemy reinforcements have relevant drops. This will impact Roxie, Ariel, Myles, Travis, and Saoirse. Lance users should have no problem with the drops near Boone and Eamon's starting equipment. Joseph and Queenie are covered by nearby drops. There is at least one drop for axe and bow respectively, and the chests contain each of the four physical weapon types. There are no fire drops, which would only impact a promoted Travis, but he can still use swords. These changes won't be available for some time as they were added to a new branch.

Hey there !

Just finished playing the game to chapter 20, it was really nice ! Need to re-do it again from chapter 17 as I lost Myles stupidly, but god that mission was frustrating (I went Tanya's route, and defending her was a pain, had to try maybe 10 times before getting a nice run, and Myles died from a 27% hit last turn). 

Haven't evolved any characters at the exception of Ariel as I know the end game is still coming, but my characters are all doing decently, so pretty excited to see the different evolutions. 

Might have been quite unlucky with some of my character growths and pretty lucky with others (Boone had more defense than Grant, what a monster).

Few questions : any ETA for the rest of the game ? Is there any secret shops location in the game thus far ? I've gotten the secret card pretty early, and taken some time to search as many suspiscious tiles possible, but haven't found any yet (also nearly cost me greatly on Spider and the Fly, these evolved units...).

Anyway, good job on this hack, hope to play more soon ! 

Thanks for your comments and feedback.

2 hours ago, Elpi Ackerman said:

Need to re-do it again from chapter 17 as I lost Myles stupidly, but god that mission was frustrating (I went Tanya's route, and defending her was a pain, had to try maybe 10 times before getting a nice run, and Myles died from a 27% hit last turn). 

Sapphire of Burga is quite a difficult map, and I think that tends to be the case with fog of war maps. Ruby of Burga (Wanda's route) is certainly the easier map as it is just seize and normal weather. I personally have more fun with Sapphire of Burga, because I like the challenge. Using the Firefly staff helps a lot, but I know it is tricky with one main staff user. Having Liang available helps so much for increase vision and access to staves if early promoted to Adventurer.

Haven't evolved any characters at the exception of Ariel as I know the end game is still coming, but my characters are all doing decently, so pretty excited to see the different evolutions. 

Nice! That's sort of how I have been testing the game too. Ariel is probably the best choice for an early promotion. I have also liked promoting Myles to Assassin or Travis to Flame Knight somewhat early. I think early promoting a couple characters could be the best for pacing in this hack, but I am still figuring things out. 

Might have been quite unlucky with some of my character growths and pretty lucky with others (Boone had more defense than Grant, what a monster).

That's pretty insane to get a Boone with higher defense than Grant. I have yet to see that. That being said, Boone has good defense overall so it can certainly happen, but Grant is expected to have the best in the game. This is one of my favorite things about Fire Emblem - no two play throughs will be the same.

Is there any secret shops location in the game thus far ?

There are a couple of secret shops so far. I am going to try to make some of these more obvious. Particularly 17B and 20.

• Chapter 15: The tile where the member card holder begins.
  • Chapter 17A: Above the waterfall by the north-east village. The shop location is mentioned in the dialogue when you visit the village.
  • Chapter 17B: On the throne.
  • Chapter 20: In front of the pillar near Leah's cell.
3 hours ago, Elpi Ackerman said:

any ETA for the rest of the game ?

I have been internally debating releasing 1 new chapter a month over the course of a year as it would be helpful to get more real time feedback. The downside, of course, would be more test playing. Now that the hack is pretty lengthy, it can take a weekend to go through by itself. Alternatively I will release the chapters in segments as I have been doing. There are about 12 to 15 chapters left, so I am hoping to get through endgame by next year. From there, my intention is to round out the experience with actually support dialogue.

On 1/31/2020 at 1:09 PM, caladrius said:

Hi NebataCrawler,

I just uploaded a UPS patch (v3_3) that I am hoping corrects the issue that you are facing on Chapter 9. I was personality not able to reproduce the problem, but I did encounter some funny values that did not match how other Game Over calls were being made, so I aligned them to match other chapters. Please let me know if this corrects the problem or whether you are still experiencing the issue.

Hey Caladrius,

Finally got back to it a couple days ago, and I am please to say that the bug is fixed! I did a bit of experimenting in chapter 9, though nothing too thorough, and I didn't encounter any glitches or issues.  Thanks for the fix!

I'm on chapter 13 now, and boy is it punishing if you don't properly level your White Lions cast during the side chapters/final few early-game chapters. That being said, I'm loving the difficulty and map design!

Cheers!

20 hours ago, NebataCrawler said:

Finally got back to it a couple days ago, and I am please to say that the bug is fixed! I did a bit of experimenting in chapter 9, though nothing too thorough, and I didn't encounter any glitches or issues.  Thanks for the fix!

Of course! The issue you described concerned me as well. Random game overs should never happen. I do believe I uncovered the route of the problem, so it shouldn't happen again.

20 hours ago, NebataCrawler said:

I'm on chapter 13 now, and boy is it punishing if you don't properly level your White Lions cast during the side chapters/final few early-game chapters. That being said, I'm loving the difficulty and map design!

Chapter 13 can be tough. You really need to use all the units you have available. I personally find having Liang makes it easier than Roxie - even though Roxie may be the flashier unit. Liang has one of the best Res in the game and can be used for baiting the magic users. Also, you are correct that 11, 12, and 13 is even more difficult if you didn't level Boone or Caspian. Myles should theoretically get a couple levels from To Conquer Death at a minimum unless you purposely decided to discard his weapons and dodge tank in a forest. Chapter 14 is easier from my experience as you begin to have a choice on who to field and train.

• 1 month later...

As of now, my next official release will be after Chapter 26 is completed. That being said, I understand the value of receiving circular feedback on individual chapters to make this project better. Ergo, I have uploaded a new UPS file titled FE_LonelyMirror_21_DEV for those who want to check it out. 

Consider this an unofficial release Chapter 21 of The Lonely Mirror. Keep in mind: I have only tested Chapter 20 and Chapter 21 together. I have not done full play tests for this.   

New Features and Bug Fixes:

• Chapter 21 is fully playable. There are 2-3 character recruits on this chapter. Liang is recruitable if he did not join in Chapter 11.
  • Slim Swords and Slim Lances grant +3 speed when holding. While they are still weak weapons, I think the boost in attack speed could be helpful in certain situations.
  • Restore Staff now has a range of 1-3 instead of just 1.
  • A message was added to Chapter 10 to note Supply will be lost (i.e. go wild with stat boosts).
  • New Leah portraits have been added! They are actually by LaurentLacroix over on Fire Emblem Universe, and are amazing! A huge thanks to him.
  • Other minor text changes.

Chapter 21 is titled Resilience. 

Chapter21.png.b60fa333915d6e8620db6a719ad703eb.png

I actually found this map to be challenging. There is an interesting mechanic. I also wished I had 1-2 Divine Pulses while playing, but wrong game.

Stay healthy and safe out there everyone.

On 3/19/2020 at 5:06 PM, caladrius said:

As of now, my next official release will be after Chapter 26 is completed. That being said, I understand the value of receiving circular feedback on individual chapters to make this project better. Ergo, I have uploaded a new UPS file titled FE_LonelyMirror_21_DEV for those who want to check it out. 

Consider this an unofficial release Chapter 21 of The Lonely Mirror. Keep in mind: I have only tested Chapter 20 and Chapter 21 together. I have not done full play tests for this.   

• Chapter 21 is fully playable. There are 2-3 character recruits on this chapter. Liang is recruitable if he did not join in Chapter 11.
  • Slim Swords and Slim Lances grant +3 speed when holding. While they are still weak weapons, I think the boost in attack speed could be helpful in certain situations.
  • Restore Staff now has a range of 1-3 instead of just 1.
  • A message was added to Chapter 10 to note Supply will be lost (i.e. go wild with stat boosts).
  • New Leah portraits have been added! They are actually by LaurentLacroix over on Fire Emblem Universe, and are amazing! A huge thanks to him.
  • Other minor text changes.

Chapter 21 is titled Resilience. 

Chapter21.png.b60fa333915d6e8620db6a719ad703eb.png

I actually found this map to be challenging. There is an interesting mechanic. I also wished I had 1-2 Divine Pulses while playing, but wrong game.

Stay healthy and safe out there everyone.

The game is complete ?, i want to play the final version :3

Edited by João vitor
Error

• 5 weeks later...

I am unofficially releasing Chapter 22 of The Lonely Mirror. Similar to Chapter 21, I have only play tested areas where I have made direct changes. Next official release will still be after Chapter 26 is completed. Endgame is planned as Ch 32.

I have uploaded a new UPS file titled FE_LonelyMirror_22_DEV for those who want to check out the new chapter. It should be compatible with any existing saves that you may have.

• Chapter 22 is fully playable.
  • Roxie can be recruited if she did not join in Chapter 12 and survived the first arc.
  • Also special thanks to RandomWizard over on Fire Emblem Universe for creating character Deugan who is used in the into cutscene. I have updated the Special Thanks text file to reflect this.
  • Dodge animations that may have previously crashed the game for certain classes with custom spells should now be fixed.
  • Chapter 16 no longer has a siege tome reinforcement.
  • Infinite money bug in Chapter 14 involving Benji/Helga is fixed.
  • Thunder Mage map sprite should be fixed now.

Chapter 22 is titled Land of Cursed Gold:

Chapter22_LandofCursedGold.png.f9288b50bcb6a4c11d9303f48c38d1f7.png

I will try my best to release Chapter 23 next month. Though, this next one is rather complicated in mechanics and story.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:56 PM, João vitor said:

The game is complete ?, i want to play the final version :3

No, the game is not completed yet. I certainly feel close to being on the home stretch - 10 more chapters to go. Then, I want to go back and refine Hard Mode (I have been focusing on Normal) as well as actually write support conversations. There is a lot of content already though. 😀

• 2 weeks later...

I am unofficially releasing a fully playable Chapter 23 of The Lonely Mirror - a desert map! The game is becoming pretty solid.

I have uploaded a new UPS file titled FE_LonelyMirror_23_DEV for those who want to check out the new chapter. It should be compatible with any existing saves that you may have.

Chapter 23 is titled Reflection:

• This chapter is actually really, really cool. It is certainly one that stands out to me in this game. It’s very story heavy chapter, and I might consider it the climax of the game.
  • 2 new units are available to recruit. Faith automatically rejoins at the start of the map. The other… I won’t spoil.

Chapter23_Reflection.png.f7032854ee94f6e1bf6c16843c63ff7c.png

I have already created maps for Chapter 24 and Chapter 26, and Chapter 25 is in progress too. Just got to wrap all the story and game play together, and the next arc in complete. 😊

• 3 weeks later...

When I promoted Liang into adventurer his max stats didnt change, will that be modify in the future? That archers is very cool and in general this game with the storyline is freaking awesome! You overdid yourself congrats for this hell of a hack! 

When I promoted Liang into adventurer his max stats didnt change, will that be modify in the future? That archer liang is very cool and in general this game too with the storyline this is freaking awesome! You overdid yourself congrats for this hell of a hack! I will be waiting anxiously for the next release! 

On 5/23/2020 at 4:22 AM, Le0v1j1l said:

When I promoted Liang into adventurer his max stats didnt change, will that be modify in the future? That archer liang is very cool and in general this game too with the storyline this is freaking awesome! You overdid yourself congrats for this hell of a hack! I will be waiting anxiously for the next release! 

I am happy that you are enjoying this hack. It is most definitely a lot of work, but the project is going well. I am happy I am seeing some love for Liang too. That dude can res tank. 

Thank you for catching this error. I will update the max stats for Adventurer. This will be updated in the next release. Honestly, I don't believe I am too far off from the next major release. If all goes well, I should have it for end of June. 

• 4 weeks later...

It has been about a year since i released the first 10 chapters of this ROM hack. I want to formally release the next part of Fire Emblem: The Lonely Mirror as part of the anniversary month. This release contains 31 maps on a single route of play and completes the Celyste-Ametona War story arc, Jubir’s Drum arc, and the newly added Kuro’s Horn arc. I still recommend playing on Normal Mode.

Enhancements/Updates from Feedback:

• I reworked the enemy placement on Chapter 14.
  • Leah has a new updated portrait in this version courtesy of LaurentLacroix on Fire Emblem Universe.
  • Slim weapons are actually kind of good now.
  • Lots of text edits have been made.
  • Added a another recruitable character to the Celyste-Ametona War arc to provide more character choices.
  • Re-balancing of some of the characters. Most notable: Roxie, Brett, and Benji have been buffed.

Feature Update:

• Original story and characters.
  • 31 playable maps on single route of play (32 total).
  • 38 total playable characters.
  • Player choices that impact branching chapter maps, character recruitment, items, and enemy placements.
  • Unique chapter objectives and map interactivity.
  • Custom backgrounds that enhance story telling including hand-painted, storybook intro.
  • Custom battle sprites.
  • Newly introduced classes and weapon types.
  • Newly added music.
  • Enhanced gameplay; though, staying true to classic GBA Fire Emblem.

Supports:

Supports conversations have been added. You can now read the following pairings:

• Myles x Winifred
  • Ariel x Saoirse
  • Joseph x Wise

Support conversations take a while to write. Please let me know if there are any that you’d like to see so that I can prioritize them. I would accept help on this if anyone wants to throw their hat in the ring. This one is a bit of a mountain of dialog writing.

Recruitment:
For those who want more information on recruitment. Some characters can be tricky to recruit:

Spoiler

Prologue through Chapter 10

1. Leah - automatic join (Prologue)
  2. Grant - automatic join (Prologue)
  3. Kathryn - automatic join (Prologue)
  4. Vergil - automatic join (Prologue)
  5. Brett - automatic join (Chapter 3)
  6. Faith - Talk with Leah or automatic at end of chapter (Chapter 4)
  7. Parvati - First, talk with Leah on Chapter 2. Second, visit the northern village in Chapter 4.
  8. Atticus - automatic join (Chapter 5)
  9. Roxie - enter the ruins near the chest with any character (Chapter 5)
  10. Boone - automatic join (Prelude 1)
  11. Caspian - automatic join (Prelude 1)
  12. Winifred - automatic join (Prelude 1)
  13. Travis - automatic join (Prelude 1)
  14. Myles - automatic join (Prelude 2)
  15. Lael - Open the door to her cell or automatic join at end of chapter (Prelude 2)
  16. Joseph - automatic join (Prelude 3)
  17. Liang - Visit the northeast house with Joseph (Prelude 3)
  18. Caden - Talk with Joseph or automatic at end of chapter (Chapter 9)

Chapter 11 through Chapter 27

1. Boone - automatic join (Chapter 11)
  2. Caspian - automatic join (Chapter 11)
  3. Myles - automatic join (Chapter 11)
  4. Ariel - automatic join (Prologue)
  5. Liang - Liang and Roxie must have been recruited and survived Part 1. Accept the bow in the south village. Speak to him with Boone or Myles after he appears the next turn (Chapter 11).
  6. Travis - automatic join (Chapter 12)
  7. Rob - automatic join (Chapter 12)
  8. Roxie - Liang and Roxie must have been recruited and survived Part 1. Accept the tome in Chapter 11. Open the door. (Chapter 12)
  9. Wyatt - automatic join (Chapter 13)
  10. Silvan - Choose to release Silvan in Prelude 1. Talk with Boone. (Chapter 13)
  11. Noelle - Visit east village (Chapter 13)
  12. Saoirse - automatic join (Chapter 14)
  13. Joseph - automatic join (Chapter 14)
  14. Helga - automatic join (Chapter 14)
  15. Benji - automatic join (Chapter 14)
  16. Winifred - automatic join (Chapter 15)
  17. Wise - Talk with Winifred or automatic at end of chapter (Chapter 15)
  18. Parvati - Parvati must have been recruited and survived Part 1. Visit the southwest village. (Chapter 15)
  19. Atticus - automatic join (Chapter 16)
  20. Queenie - talk with Boone / automatic join (Chapter 16)
  21. Eamon - automatic join (Chapter 16)
  22. Wanda - choose to help House Talford. Talk with Boone or Wise. (Chapter 17A)
  23. Tanya - choose to help House Dalmask. Talk with Boone or Wise. (Chapter 17B)
  24. Kurtis - talk with Joseph, Wyatt, Benji, Helga, or Rob. (Chapter 18)
  25. Leah - automatic join (Chapter 19)
  26. Brett - automatic join (Chapter 19)
  27. Kathryn - automatic join (Chapter 19)
  28. Grant - automatic join (Chapter 19)
  29. Vergil - automatic join (Chapter 19)
  30. Lael - automatic join (Chapter 21)
  31. Caden - automatic join (Chapter 21)
  32. *Liang - Liang survives Part 1 and/or Roxie is recruited in Chapter 12 or she dies in Part 1. Visit the southern village. (Chapter 21)
  33. *Roxie - Roxie survives Part 1 and/or Liang is recruited in Chapter 11 or he dies in Part 1. Enter the northern sandbar using a flying unit. (Chapter 22)
  34. Faith - automatic join (Chapter 23)
  35. Pepper - Pepper is not killed during Chapter 22. Talk with Boone or Silvan. (Chapter 23)
  36. Irina - visit the left house on the right side of the city. (Chapter 24)
  37. Eliza - automatic join (Chapter 25)
  38. Ozias - Talk with Boone or Eliza (Chapter 26)
  39. Shane - Talk with Boone or Wise (Chapter 27)
  40. Amanda - On Chapter 26 make sure to deploy only male characters. Talk to Amanda with Boone or Caden on Chapter 26. On Chapter 27 talk to Amanda again with Boone or Caden.

New Video:

Screenshots:

screen24.png.e949d4d8daeb792f68e450022ff1f755.pngscreen20.png.b88c1e259c98047df1bb16422d0858b1.png

screen22.png.3706add14a58820664b298df702cbfa9.pngscreen23.png.b5288931606f2ff178e625d3005841f6.png

screen19.png.0ce5274c16628c4c8f614ba894c5724e.pngscreen21.png.3846a1abb7c0df6c9a4472c9c309cad7.png

What comes next…
Well, Endgame… This main story of this ROM hack is nearing completion. There are only 5 chapters remaining. I might take a break from it, and build out Hard mode as that has been the biggest request that I am getting. I also want to include more support conversations and and other additional refinement in the next release.