Yune Randomizer: A Universal Fire Emblem Randomizer

lushen124

1 hour ago, lushen124 said:

As mentioned above, if you have the changelog, you can verify this. If you know the seed string, randomizing using the same string with the same settings should give you the same result. This is what I use to test things. When randomization finishes, you'll be given an option to save a changelog of the results. That will tell you all character, item, and chapter unit data.

Aha! I found out my seed! It took me a while, but I did it!

And...I might be blind, but warp isn't showing up anywhere around here in the chagelog. I will be able to test it out eventually, but my first staffbot is Sothe, so it'll take me a while to get to his chapter. He does start with a B in staves, so with an arms scroll he'll be abe to use the warp staff..

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.b31255c687d2a3b10d8490b69154586c.PNG

I suppose I'm not supposed to get it?

Screenshots of getting the staff:

Spoiler

Capture%202.PNG?dl=0

Capture%203.PNG?dl=0

Sorry about my slow response.

Edited by Benice

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, lushen124 said:

I think I assumed the Warp Staff was actually in the game and functional, but just wasn't accessible. It's possible it just doesn't work at all, in which case, I'll just remove it from the pool.

Actually, I've gotten the Warp staff a number of times, and it works just fine.

I have finished my playthrough and have put all bugs I found on the github issues section. Found nothing major or gamebreaking actually. Good job. 

Also, will it eventually be possible to adjust a character's model to match the colors of the character? Just like how the palette changes in the GBA games bases on a character's colors? This might be low priority or even impossible because this time it's about whole models, but still would like to know. 🙂 I was always excited to see how characters look in a different class. 

18 hours ago, CultivatedFinch said:

Actually, I've gotten the Warp staff a number of times, and it works just fine.

Was it called IID_WARP or just warp? Mine was quite literally IID_WARP.

Ah, sorry. The changelog only lists items with display names. IID_WARP is the internal name for the Warp staff. It doesn't have an official name listed in the code, nor does it have any official help text set, but those could be added if Warp works properly (though I'd have to make up the description string).

Great work!

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to this project regarding FE9.

The game allows a character to have up to 6 visible skills before crashing. So, if possible, allow the randomizer to assign up to 6 visible skills to a character.

Capacity doesn't matter, except you won't be able to assign new skills to a character in-game until you get under the capacity limit again.

Occult skills being randomly assigned is a great optional thing. Some might think it's overpowered, but it'll be on par with Awakening/Fates. Occult skills animations only play with classes that have an appropriate animation (Promoted), otherwise they just attack regularly with the effect. So Astra on a regular fighter will make him attack 5 times (at half power), but Astra on a sage will make them use the Flare animation 5 times at half power (On Lord class it will play 2.5 times, because Aether has a 2-hit animation. Likewise Luna/Sol on Lord class will make them hit once and then either get retaliated against, or no damage for the second hit).

Regal Sword/Ragnell is locked to that IID_HERO skill thing. This listing might prove useful to you, it was when we had to use AR codes to assign skills.

Skill Set 0
+01: Canto

Skill Set 1
+01: Resolve
+02: Impregnable/Shield
+04: Tempest
+08: Serenity
+40: Savior
+80: Discipline

Skill Set 2
+01: Laguz Gauge/Crash/ Laguz Must Be On/ Promoted?
+02: Transformed Laguz
+04: Feral One(always transformed)
+08: Paragon
+10: Renewal
+20: (1 Capacity)
+40: Celerity

Skill Set 3
+01: Ragnell/Regal Sword/Order/Direct
+02: Something to do with Lance Users
+04: Promoted (Can't go past 20, gain less exp, S level, etc.)
+08: Horse
+40: Fake Mantle?
+80: Gulgarant

Skill Set 4
00: Nothing
+01: Colossus
+02: Stun
+04: Fake Mantle?
+08: Daunt
+10: Steal
+20: Provoke
+40: Shade
+80: Gamble

Skill Set 5
+01: Luna
+02: Astra
+04: Adept
+08: Lethality
+10: Corrosion
+20: Deadeye
+40: (Something that takes 8 Capacity)
+80: Counter

Skill Set 6
+01: (Can Use Staves (Not promoted))
+02: Vantage
+04: Nihil
+08: Wrath
+10: Guard
+20: Cancel
+40: Miracle
+80: Sol

Skill Set 7
+04: Knife
+08: Lumina
+10: Swords
+20: Spears
+40: Axes
+80: Bows
*(10, 20, 40, 80) - Can use swords, axes, spears, bows upon promotion

Skill Set 8
+01: Laguz Royal
+04: Flare
+10: Always live with 1 Hp
+40: Something that Ashnard has
+80: BK/Ashnard Blessing. Can't use trade/convoy

Skill Set 9
+01: Door/Chest
+02: Insight
+04: Vigilance
+08: Mantle
+80: (Amiti Equippable)

Skill Set 10
+01: Reinforce
+02: Boon
+04: Blessing
+08: Blossom
+10: Aether
+20: (Can't promote)
+80: (Longbow + S bow Equippable)

Skill Set 11
+01: (5 Capacity)
+02: Parity
+08: Vortex
+10: Fake Mantle?
+20: Smite
+40: Roar
+80: (10 Capacity)

All skills were 48 Hexademical apart.

E.G.

Tempest (IID_TEMPER) - 80936200

Serenity (IID_CALM) - 80936248

Savior - 80936290

Edited by Raydonn

4 hours ago, Raydonn said:

Great work!

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to this project regarding FE9.

The game allows a character to have up to 6 visible skills before crashing. So, if possible, allow the randomizer to assign up to 6 visible skills to a character.

Capacity doesn't matter, except you won't be able to assign new skills to a character in-game until you get under the capacity limit again.

Occult skills being randomly assigned is a great optional thing. Some might think it's overpowered, but it'll be on par with Awakening/Fates. Occult skills animations only play with classes that have an appropriate animation (Promoted), otherwise they just attack regularly with the effect. So Astra on a regular fighter will make him attack 5 times (at half power), but Astra on a sage will make them use the Flare animation 5 times at half power (On Lord class it will play 2.5 times, because Aether has a 2-hit animation. Likewise Luna/Sol on Lord class will make them hit once and then either get retaliated against, or no damage for the second hit).

Regal Sword/Ragnell is locked to that IID_HERO skill thing. This listing might prove useful to you, it was when we had to use AR codes to assign skills.

Thanks! To respond to individual points:

6 skills - This might be something that we could experiment with in a setting, but I initially limited it to 1 skill because it happened to work out reasonably well because the most expensive non-occult skill costs 15 capacity, and the least capacity you have is as an unpromoted mounted unit with 15. I did find out that you can bust the cap without any penalty, except for the fact that those skills can not be restored afterwards. I think it's something that's more interesting on minions or bosses than on playable characters, but maybe as a silly setting, it'd be worth exploring.

Occult skills - I'm trying to find a good way of including these somehow. Maybe a special setting for pre-promoted characters to have a chance of receiving an occult skill instead of a normal skill during skill randomization. This is also something else that's more interesting on a boss than on a playable character, IMO. I also heard that the skills actually won't break the battle animations, which is nice, though certain combinations (like Astra on a Bow Paladin) take a very long time to finish.

Regal Sword/Ragnell - I actually modified this. I used a trick I learned from GBAFE and assigned these weapons to share the same lock as the Rolf Bow instead of the usual Hero-only lock. But since they're swords, obviously archers/snipers can't use them. I also allow Ranger and Lord to have the Rolf Bow lock, but since they don't use bows, this effectively locks Regal Sword/Ragnell to all Rangers/Lords and the Rolf Bow to all Archers/Snipers. SID_HERO also allows you to seize (and possibly other things), which I didn't want to give out to any character that happened to become a lord class.

Edited by lushen124

Playing through the FE9 randomizer, been going fine except some bugs/issues. Laguz being randomized may be broken since they are considered "second class". If reyson is a raven and untransformed, he will cast the vortex animation 8 times and won't register any damage. A major bug issue with Chapter 18 Criminea Marches. When you exit your base you will get the option to recruit reyson and the boys. After that you immediately start the chapter. This is a major bug because if Rolf isn't in your first 8 characters, you won't be able to recruit shinion and will have to do the chapter with your first 8 selected characters.

https://imgur.com/a/SqHLofE

So, I'm having a bit of trouble with Hector Hard Mode Chapter 11 in Fire Emblem 7. I've got Rebecca, a pegasus knight with a 3 in just about every stat, and Kent, a troubadour.

The problem is quite obvious here. Since you have so few units in Chapter 11, it's kind of easy to get screwed over. Would it be possible for a future version to include an option to skip to HHM Chapter 12? I can tweak stats and get past this, but it might be a good option for other people or for future playthroughs.

EDIT:

Are there currently any plans to add an 'adjust character growth rates to class' option, sort of like how Fates handles growths after reclassing?

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

On 4/16/2020 at 2:48 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

So, I'm having a bit of trouble with Hector Hard Mode Chapter 11 in Fire Emblem 7. I've got Rebecca, a pegasus knight with a 3 in just about every stat, and Kent, a troubadour.

The problem is quite obvious here. Since you have so few units in Chapter 11, it's kind of easy to get screwed over. Would it be possible for a future version to include an option to skip to HHM Chapter 12? I can tweak stats and get past this, but it might be a good option for other people or for future playthroughs.

EDIT:

Are there currently any plans to add an 'adjust character growth rates to class' option, sort of like how Fates handles growths after reclassing?

We can certainly revisit the logic for HM11. There isn't any special treatment for that chapter with the exception of Wire, who should be somewhat nerfed. IIRC, the Lord characters' base stats are actually entirely focused onto the class and none on the characters themselves, which makes changing their class a significant nerf because they lose all of their bases. If most of your stats are 3, then that means you have some negative personal bases, because even a base Peg Knight in FE7 has higher stats than that:

image.png.41c8f2c242224e650796b0d8b195c342.png

Did you randomize bases on top of the classes? Rebecca doesn't have negative personal bases, so I'm not sure where those came from. Regardless, we can revisit the lord bases logic and see if that can be improved. I don't think HM11 should be skipped, but it should be relatively easy to complete.

As far as the adjust character growth rate to class, it sounds like it would be similar to the randomized recruitment option for matching growths to the replacement character, but matching it to the class shouldn't be too difficult. Were you thinking this as being part of randomizing classes or randomizing recruitment?

On 4/21/2020 at 1:20 PM, lushen124 said:

Did you randomize bases on top of the classes? Rebecca doesn't have negative personal bases, so I'm not sure where those came from. 

I went and checked the Changelog. Personal bases are retained, bases aren't randomized.

"Relative Base Stats" is selected but my understanding of that setting still wouldn't explain why every non-HP stat is below four.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:20 PM, lushen124 said:

As far as the adjust character growth rate to class, it sounds like it would be similar to the randomized recruitment option for matching growths to the replacement character, but matching it to the class shouldn't be too difficult. Were you thinking this as being part of randomizing classes or randomizing recruitment?

Part of randomizing classes. So, if Dorcas (80% HP growth) went from Fighter (85% HP growth) to Myrmidon (70% HP growth), he'd have a 65% HP growth as a myrmidon.

On 4/23/2020 at 10:53 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

I went and checked the Changelog. Personal bases are retained, bases aren't randomized.

"Relative Base Stats" is selected but my understanding of that setting still wouldn't explain why every non-HP stat is below four.

What did it set her personal bases as? Or rather, how did it translate her personal bases?

Part of randomizing classes. So, if Dorcas (80% HP growth) went from Fighter (85% HP growth) to Myrmidon (70% HP growth), he'd have a 65% HP growth as a myrmidon.

I like this. It shouldn't be too difficult to do, because it's basically the same logic as bases translate.

What did it set her personal bases as? Or rather, how did it translate her personal bases?

Her final base stats were as follows:

Spoiler

16 HP

3 Strength

3 Skill

3 Speed

3 Luck

1 Defense

2 Resistance

5 Con

Which would make her personal bases:

Spoiler

2 HP

-1 Strength

-2 Skill

-2 Strength

3 Luck

-1 Defense

0 Resistance

0 Con

Lastly, just to be thorough, here's the changelog settings:

Spoiler
Game Title Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword
Randomize Growths NO
Randomize Bases NO
Randomize Constitution NO
Randomize Movement Ranges NO
Randomize Affinity NO
Randomize Weapon Power NO
Randomize Weapon Accuracy NO
Randomize Weapon Weight NO
Randomize Weapon Durability NO
Add Random Effects NO
Randomize Playable Character Classes Include Lords
Include Thieves
Include Special Classes
Randomize Boss Classes NO
Randomize Minions NO
Base Stats Transfer Mode Retain Personal Bases
Force Class Change YES
Buff Minions Scaling Buff (Growths x1.10)
Improve Minion Weapons NO
Buff Bosses Ease In/Ease Out - Max Gain: +4
Improve Boss Weapons NO
Randomize Rewards NO
Randomize Recruitment Allow Cross-Gender
Use Fill Class
Use Fill Growths
Relative Base Stats
Include Lords
Include Thieves
Include Special Characters
Weapon Assignment Policy Match Rank
Randomizer Seed Phrase But be of good cheer! In dying here, you will be spared the cataclysm to come!

I like this. It shouldn't be too difficult to do, because it's basically the same logic as bases translate.

Very exciting, definitely looking forward to playing with that!

I have a suggestion for the GBA era games: I was looking through my changelog file, and I realized that almost every unit had sub 25% Str/Mag growths. Do you think that perhaps you could add a minimum growth for Str/mag modifier? I've had consistent issues with that in my FE6 randomizations in particular.

Thank you again for putting a lot of time into this! I appreciate it.

I'm trying to randomize FE6 on Windows using the latest version and it's getting stuck. I waited about 10 minutes after selecting "Randomize!" and it was still on "Applying English Patch..." I clicked the X to cancel, closed the program, and reopened it to try again and got the same result. I even double checked and confirmed that I was indeed using the Japanese version like I'm supposed to. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Spoiler

1376085256_Trouble1.thumb.PNG.045d1b50507e33d9c7af22fedbc6cd0e.PNG

Edited by Firion231

13 hours ago, Firion231 said:

I'm trying to randomize FE6 on Windows using the latest version and it's getting stuck. I waited about 10 minutes after selecting "Randomize!" and it was still on "Applying English Patch..." I clicked the X to cancel, closed the program, and reopened it to try again and got the same result. I even double checked and confirmed that I was indeed using the Japanese version like I'm supposed to. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Reveal hidden contents

1376085256_Trouble1.thumb.PNG.045d1b50507e33d9c7af22fedbc6cd0e.PNG

I found out how to solve the problem. I keep most of my emulation stuff on a flash drive so that I can use it on other computers if I want to. When I downloaded Yune, It ended up taking more space than I had left on my flash drive so I left it on my computer. When trying to randomize FE6, the rom was on my flash drive and the randomizer was on my computer. After having the problems from my previous post, I left it over night and it was still stuck. Just a moment ago I decided to try and move the rom over to my computer and try again. It worked perfectly fine this time.

TLDR: The rom and randomizer need to be on the same storage device to randomize properly.

On 5/1/2020 at 4:50 PM, Firion231 said:

I found out how to solve the problem. I keep most of my emulation stuff on a flash drive so that I can use it on other computers if I want to. When I downloaded Yune, It ended up taking more space than I had left on my flash drive so I left it on my computer. When trying to randomize FE6, the rom was on my flash drive and the randomizer was on my computer. After having the problems from my previous post, I left it over night and it was still stuck. Just a moment ago I decided to try and move the rom over to my computer and try again. It worked perfectly fine this time.

TLDR: The rom and randomizer need to be on the same storage device to randomize properly.

I didn't think they needed to be, but I can look into seeing why that would cause things to break. Ideally that shouldn't be a problem, but if it is, at least it should give feedback than just hanging. 😅

On 5/3/2020 at 1:20 PM, Spectral N said:

Ok so I randomized fe9 and oscar became A ranger does he promote regularly

As of 0.9.1, he should promote properly after gaining a level at Lv. 20 (or presumably using a Master Seal past level 10). Ike, regardless of his class, should have a scripted promotion after Ch. 17.

So I ran into an issue in FE9 on Chapter 13 where one of the Begnion NPC Soldiers got randomized as a mage but is still using the Soldier model, when that NPC attacks it creates an infinite casting loop. The soldier is too far for me to reach with any of my characters turn 1 to rescue, so I currently have no way to get through the chapter cause when Ally Phase he goes into attack and just stays trying to attack forever. It's the only bug I have encountered thus far in my play through.

image.thumb.png.692013728bdfe9ca69f65283f15950e9.png

16 hours ago, HamedM1 said:

So I ran into an issue in FE9 on Chapter 13 where one of the Begnion NPC Soldiers got randomized as a mage but is still using the Soldier model, when that NPC attacks it creates an infinite casting loop. The soldier is too far for me to reach with any of my characters turn 1 to rescue, so I currently have no way to get through the chapter cause when Ally Phase he goes into attack and just stays trying to attack forever. It's the only bug I have encountered thus far in my play through.

Have you tried waiting for a while? I've seen something similar when a unit has a missing animation for something and just loops the animation. In my case however, the looping stopped after 10 times and the game continues normally.