You know you play too much Fire Emblem when... [possible spoilers]

WeAreNewcastle1053

On 3/7/2020 at 11:55 AM, omegaxis1 said:

Can we also include how now I cannot play some games without making references to 3H or relating to it in some way?

Yes, becuause it is related to playing too much Fire Emblem... >:|

YKYPTMFE when you
- end up screaming "YOU HAVE BREATHED YOUR LAST" during an agrument/altercation.
- tell your friend "If you die on me I'll kill you," when playing a video game.
- solve problems in your dreams by equipping a Rajinto and killing things.
- name ALL of your Nintendogs after Fire Emblem characters.
- have headcanons of FE characters having mental illness.
- look at the chemical symbol for Iron and be immediately reminded of Fire Emblem.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you play too much Fire Emblem when...

- you start making up your own lyrics to Edge of Dawn to fit everyday situations (yes, I actually do that)
- when all you can think of when reading Medieval literature is that they got the Weapon Triangle wrong back in the day
- you start seeing other characters as Fire Emblem characters just because they share voice actors
- you look at cooking utensils and think to yourself "how many uses does this have left?"
- you start making up Fire Emblem-themed poems

When you think that silver weapons would actually be useful. Y'know, since silver is a soft metal and isn''t durable at all...

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

When you think that silver weapons would actually be useful. Y'know, since silver is a soft metal and isn''t durable at all...

Guilty as charged. Luckily, a quick research fixed this, but there was a time where I actually believed that.

---

- in other games, you start wishing for Warp and Rescue staves
- you develop an irrational dislike towards a character or even person just because they have the same name as your least favorite FE character

You know you play to much FE when you:

-Become active on a forum devoted to it.

-Post on a thread like this

-Wish you could skip all cutscenes in games by pressing enter/start

-Automatically think any unit with green in their costume and is an npc is bad.

You know you play too much FE when you

• Celebrate FE character's birthdays more often than you do your own
  • Understand how Valentia, Archanea and Fateslandia are connected
  • Think that the weapon triangle exists IRL
  • Overanalyze chapter 9 of FE1
  • You think that Catria is Marth's true best waifu

...When you think that Pokemon RNG is completely unfair and that it should be exactly like Fire Emblem (with skill stats to boot and Speed stats that affect dodge rate).
...When you think of Undertale AU equivalents to Fire Emblem Fates
...When you see Ryoma as Sans and the place you fight him in Conquest Ch. 25 as the Final Corridor.
...When you wish you could just intervene in the Ryoma battle and start hurling Gaster Blasters at Corrin, Iago and Garon
...When you see something incredibly stupid and ridiculous and cruel and shout "IS THIS SOME KIND OF TWISTED JOKE!?"
...When you deliberately look up FE quotes on Google.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

When you hear Megalovania when Dimitri stabs Edelgard

I think that might just be too much undertale/homestuck/halloween hacks/ultimate.

When you understand this meme and how it fits each character perfectly:

Image result for fire emblem memes

11 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

...When you think that Pokemon RNG is completely unfair and that it should be exactly like Fire Emblem (with skill stats to boot and Speed stats that affect dodge rate).

It absolutely should, because Pokémon's RNG is complete and utter BS.
Ambush spawns? Fog of War? Weird gimmicks that add nothing but frustration? Kaga surprises? All of that is trivial compared to the utter BS that is Pokémon's RNG.

---

... you start referring to character events in other games as "supports".

Edited by DragonFlames

51 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ambush spawns? Fog of War? Weird gimmicks that add nothing but frustration? Kaga surprises? All of that is trivial compared to the utter BS that is Pokémon's RNG.

Man I love missing my 90% accuracy rock slides 5 times in a row. This is why evasion clause is a thing folks and don’t even get me started on paraflinching

56 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It absolutely should, because Pokémon's RNG is complete and utter BS.

The main difference is that pokemon is multiplayer. Imagine getting a 3% crit in three house OU because even whit capped luck you can't erase the chance entirely. Fire emblem has much worse RNG, you notice it less because it's a PVE game.

1 minute ago, Flere210 said:

The main difference is that pokemon is multiplayer. Imagine getting a 3% crit in three house OU because even whit capped luck you can't erase the chance entirely. Fire emblem has much worse RNG, you notice it less because it's a PVE game.

I don't play Pokémon competitively, though, so to me, it's as much a PVE game as Fire Emblem is.
And trust me, I've been playing Pokémon since the day it came out in my region, and while I have seen my fair share of screwy things in Fire Emblem, none of that came anywhere close to how badly Pokémon screwed me over at several points and it was always in the same fashion. It's gotten bad enough that I can outright predict how the game will screw me over next.
I swear the only enjoyable parts about Pokémon are the creatures, the regions and the music. Which is why I'll never bother with Gen VII or VIII.

---

And before we get any further off-topic:
... someone tells you you're playing too much Fire Emblem. Duh.

You know you play too much Fire Emblem when in other games you:

• Think cavaliers are good defenders.
  • Place a unit in the range of as many enemies as you can and expect them to destroy everything in the enemy phase.
  • Place units close together for a support bonus that doesn't exist (note to self: don't do this in games that have grenades).
  • Apply the weapon triangle in games where it doesn't exist (to be fair, spears do have an advantage against other weapons due to their longer reach, although whether or not that matters depends on the game).
  • Forget lances usually do bonus damage against horses.
  • Use iron weapons over steel ones because the latter break faster.

And yes, I am guilty of doing every single one of these.

12 hours ago, Flere210 said:

I have been screwed over by FE RNG much more, and at this point i pretty much only play nuzlelocke, so i assumed the problem was competitive.

I see!
Speaking of nuzlockes, I managed to clear one out of an attempted six and it was the second weirdest thing I ever did in a Pokémon game (a FireRed run where I ended up with a team of Venusaur, Nidoking, Golbat, Marowak, Tentacruel, Vileplume, and Muk) - my weirdest was the team that consisted of six Pikachu I sent through the Hoenn Pokémon League (second round) in Omega Ruby with almost meme-worthy movesets that would make any player, competitive or not, cry in agony most likely (fyi, the madlads actually did it).

---

... you start randomly spouting crit quotes when killing enemies in other games.
you think about what your own crit quotes would be if you were an FE character.
... you have to repeatedly relearn that an actual Halberd is a polearm, meaning it's closer to a lance than an axe
... playing other RPGs, you wonder why your fast character can't double.
... you wonder how the heck siege battles could have lasted months in real life.

14 hours ago, Flere210 said:

Thing is, with Fire Emblem RNG, you can see the hit rate and say "oh look, I have a 67% hit rate" and you hit the enemy a decent amount of times. In Pokemon, however, if you have a move that has <95% hit rate, expect it to miss a bunch of times or if an enemy lowers your accuracy/increases their evasion, you waste several turns due to your attacks just missing. With FE RNG, you are better informed AND the RNG is actually more realistic (with double-rolling in some games to make the hit rate more realistic, so you can't just miss all the time just because you have a hit rate <80%

...You have incredibly creative ways of ruining FE-related wishes.
...You see the word "Conquest" and immediately be reminded of THAT game...
...You hear FE music playing in your head depending on the situation.
...You laugh at FE-related thoughts in your head and when your parents ask what you are laughing at you say "You wouldn't understand.", which at this point is 100% truth.

You know you play too much Fire Emblem when:

• Immediately assume any scantily-clad dancer with her mouth covered is taking you to where you can choose between your adopted land and the land that adopted you.
  • call hexes "squares" in other strategy games.
  • you assume ranged weaponry can take out flying characters/monsters.