Should I give up and redo my entire HHM save file?

Hanes

I've been at FE7 HHM for a long time, I'm at cog of destiny. Battle Before Dawn can suck my dick because it's terrible and I'm happy to have finally beaten it. I did Night of Farewells and all and that was a tedious and annoying battle... jeesh I'm feeling like this is all FE7 is. But now I'm at CoD and I'm not too optimistic for my chances. Every strategy for this map basically goes "hand axes and javelins" both of which I'm very scarce on (One short spear 7/18 and two hand axes 3/20 11/20) and even if I use a hammerne staff I'm still fucked and not to mention that this heap of ass of a map brings an unending wave of reinforcements at you. I already feel like I messed up way before by not resetting for certain chapters and missing out on such treasure as the damn barrier staff (if only I had that)

This is my team, pretty decent all things considered but in the words of Dr. Richtofen: https://youtu.be/0PR_QWSwyeY?t=21

BpDtIgs.pngrkioF8q.png8EEUDto.pngPDOcr8x.png (Fuck you Hector, piece of turd overrated  ass) gPQl8ho.png1BbEyJK.png6QV3Fe8.pngfvg03bv.pngUYeXUfx.png7cgESC8.png "Strength? Oh you must mean *silent level-up*"

Unless any of you have an epic strategy I have completely ignored to tackle this map, I think I might reset and retry the game from the beggining. FE7 is a game that already has very thin patience on me, I want to beat it to prove my worth and be done with it. But with no 1-2 range, Pure waters and a barrier staff this doesn't sound possible, if I don't break my weapons here, I probably will later before the merchant mission. 

Edited by This boi uses Nino

Yes, you must restart! I notice that Florina is absent from your team!

I believe that Cog is the one that has the range-spawned enemies, right? I think that there's a route that triggers very few of them, and I think Vaida joins with a spear, which is 1-2 range.

Aside from that, maybe turtling with Pent? You've prolly tried that already.

There is a line where flyers can follow the river and bypass the first three reinforcement zones (and you kinda want to trigger the last one to spawns Vaida anyway), so if you can find a way to clear a safe place to rescue drop you army past those boxes that really cuts down on the enemy spam. I hope that helps alleviate your aggravation some.

29.png

Image from the excellent Fire emblem resource Fire Emblem WOD.

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

There is a line where flyers can follow the river and bypass the first three reinforcement zones (and you kinda want to trigger the last one to spawns Vaida anyway), so if you can find a way to clear a safe place to rescue drop you army past those boxes that really cuts down on the enemy spam. I hope that helps alleviate your aggravation some.

29.png

Image from the excellent Fire emblem resource Fire Emblem WOD.

Oh I do know that and I was using that exact map, but it's impossible to do it without Heath being sleeped by a Valkyrie because hooray such fun map design! I guess maybe Farina has more avoid with 19 Res? I'll see how I can transfer my army though, thanks.

19 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

It will be quicker to finish the map than it will be to play the past ~28 chapters through again and buy more javelins.

It depends, since the map is quite annoying and not all of the previous 28 chapters were that hard (18 because Lyn mode nope!) but I guess I'll have to try again. I've actually been thinking of a strategy for this... avoiding the reinforcement zones... I think I have an idea, and also kill that stupid sleep valkyrie.