Lysithea Lord

Lysithea Lord  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Lysithea can be a Lord characters ?

6 minutes ago, drattakbowser said:

Then what you see her in Fire Emblem Heroes ?

The lords aren't the only characters in Heroes? So yeah I don't know what this is about either. If the question is could a character like her be a lord, then sure, any character could be a lord. The only real interesting to discuss here would be what would she be like in terms of gameplay if she were a lord. And to that the answer would be Micaiah.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

The lords aren't the only characters in Heroes? So yeah I don't know what this is about either. If the question is could a character like her be a lord, then sure, any character could be a lord. The only real interesting to discuss here would be what would she be like in terms of gameplay if she were a lord. And to that the answer would be Micaiah.

Yeah, Bernadetta and (Summer) Sylvain are in Heroes, among others, so it's not like it's limited to the Lords. Lysithea would be like Micaiah in appearance, physical frailty, and high magical output. But their personalities are very different, and Lysithea outperforms Micaiah in Speed and Skill, while underperforming her in Res and Luck.

5 hours ago, drattakbowser said:

Best characters :

- Crimson Flower : Edelgard

- Azure Moon : Dimitri

- Verdant Wind : Claude

- Silver Snow : Lysithea

You're welcome to believe that, but I'm inclined to disagree (you have to go out of your way to get Lysithea on SS, anyway). It's a Byleth-centric route (they're also the best unit) where Seteth also takes a significant role. Not sure who the second-best unit is... Ferdinand, maybe? Or Linhardt?

7 hours ago, drattakbowser said:

Then what you see her in Fire Emblem Heroes ?

Non-main protagonists who becomes winners of the Choose Your Legends Banner doesn't make them main protagonists for their games. There were non-protagonists that won in the previous CYLB such as Camilla and Veronica for example.

Also, I don't see how Lysithea qualifies as wanted to make her a main protagonist in Fire Emblem: Three Houses since Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude were kinda perfect enough as the main protagonists for Fire Emblem: Three Houses story line?

On 8/14/2020 at 1:33 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Not sure who the second-best unit is... Ferdinand, maybe? Or Linhardt?

Petra or Bernadetta, maybe? They're "naturally" geared towards Wyvern Lord and Bow Knight respectively, which is a huge plus compared to the other Black Eagles. And there's Bernie's personal skill to consider too. Linhardt's pretty underwhelming imo, even as a healer. Better to just recruit Marianne or Mercedes for healing and Lysithea for warp.

Spoiler

Unless we're talking best units in the game. In which case, Dimitri full stop.

38 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Petra or Bernadetta, maybe? They're "naturally" geared towards Wyvern Lord and Bow Knight respectively, which is a huge plus compared to the other Black Eagles. And there's Bernie's personal skill to consider too. Linhardt's pretty underwhelming imo, even as a healer. Better to just recruit Marianne or Mercedes for healing and Lysithea for warp.

Reveal hidden contents

Unless we're talking best units in the game. In which case, Dimitri full stop.

How is Linhardt underwhelmig? He has possibly the best support spell list in the game, with a solid magic stat backing it up. He can't go Gremory, but Bishop is honestly better for the healing side of things. And while Lysithea learns Warp earlier, she doesn't auto-level in Faith, so she'll require some training up.

Anuway, Petra and Bernadetta are definitely good in their own right, but each has limitations. Bernadetta has a lot of bane areas, and a poor strength stat, while Petra lacks a Crest and does poorly defensively. Ferdinand doesn't have any standout stats, but he has a Crest, good proficiencies, and Swift Strikes. Linhardt is frail and kinda slow, but again, he's got a great support spell list. Thinking more on it, I don't think any Black Eagle stands out above the rest on Silver Snow.

43 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

How is Linhardt underwhelmig? He has possibly the best support spell list in the game, with a solid magic stat backing it up. He can't go Gremory, but Bishop is honestly better for the healing side of things. And while Lysithea learns Warp earlier, she doesn't auto-level in Faith, so she'll require some training up.

Anuway, Petra and Bernadetta are definitely good in their own right, but each has limitations. Bernadetta has a lot of bane areas, and a poor strength stat, while Petra lacks a Crest and does poorly defensively. Ferdinand doesn't have any standout stats, but he has a Crest, good proficiencies, and Swift Strikes. Linhardt is frail and kinda slow, but again, he's got a great support spell list. Thinking more on it, I don't think any Black Eagle stands out above the rest on Silver Snow.

Lin isn't bad, but he's pretty "middle of the road" compared to the other two in-house healers. Mercedes offers overall better healing while Marianne has far more "combat healer" options thanks to Gremory and Dark Flier. Lin does have warp going for him, but so does Lysithea with a higher magic stat. She may need some training up but in the end she's gonna be the best warper in the party. Lin's still a decent healer/warper if you're sticking to in-house students, but there are better options for both when recruiting.

As for Petra/Bernie vs Ferdinand, it really depends on whether you prefer specialty or versatility. Petra and Bernadetta have more limitations, yes, but the classes they're geared towards (Wyvern/Falcon/Assassin for Petra and Bow Knight for Bernie) are also the classes they're exceptionally good in. Ferdinand, like Sylvain, is more of a "jack of all trades, master of none" type of unit. No standout stats like you said, but you can turn him into just about anything and have it work. Personally, I find I get better use out of Petra and Bernadetta, but again it really comes down to preference. Also keep in mind this is my experience on CF, not SS.

I agree though that the Black Eagles don't really have many standout units compared to the other houses. Playing Blue Lions now and it feels like a whole new experience early game haha

Lysithea isn't a lord but i sure wish she were. On silver snow when you are, Claudless, Edelgardless, and Dimitriless it really helps to have her. Just please bring someone else to absorb the damage.

And on top of that she has a whole backstory relating to the Sneaky Snakey Evil People. Honestly she could probably be considered a lord if there was anything to do with them on Silver Snow route, whitch to my knowledge does not really have much about TWSITD which is actually an acronim for them omg i just discovered this i feel so proud i cannot be the first person to notice their acronim is TWSITD which is like TWISTED but not.

Edited by Emmy

Lysithea doesn't have enough political capital, status, or influence to justify being a lord in this setting. She doesn't even have a strong affiliation with the Church to justify replacing Seteth in SS. She was a guinea pig for the bag guys' experiments, nothing more and nothing less. It justifies her having an axe to grind, but she doesn't really have any leverage over them.

So no. 

She's just a really popular character.

46 minutes ago, Crysta said:

Lysithea doesn't have enough political capital, status, or influence to justify being a lord in this setting. She doesn't even have a strong affiliation with the Church to justify replacing Seteth in SS. She was a guinea pig for the bag guys' experiments, nothing more and nothing less. It justifies her having an axe to grind, but she doesn't really have any leverage over them.

So no. 

She's just a really popular character.

I agree with the overall sentiment though I'd point out that not having much political capitol isn't really a deal breaker. Best example being Ike who's just a random mercenary. Recent subjugation aside Ordelia's probably akin to Pherea and Caelin which both produced main characters despite not being overly important places in Lycia 

19 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

Lin isn't bad, but he's pretty "middle of the road" compared to the other two in-house healers. Mercedes offers overall better healing while Marianne has far more "combat healer" options thanks to Gremory and Dark Flier. Lin does have warp going for him, but so does Lysithea with a higher magic stat. She may need some training up but in the end she's gonna be the best warper in the party. Lin's still a decent healer/warper if you're sticking to in-house students, but there are better options for both when recruiting.

As for Petra/Bernie vs Ferdinand, it really depends on whether you prefer specialty or versatility. Petra and Bernadetta have more limitations, yes, but the classes they're geared towards (Wyvern/Falcon/Assassin for Petra and Bow Knight for Bernie) are also the classes they're exceptionally good in. Ferdinand, like Sylvain, is more of a "jack of all trades, master of none" type of unit. No standout stats like you said, but you can turn him into just about anything and have it work. Personally, I find I get better use out of Petra and Bernadetta, but again it really comes down to preference. Also keep in mind this is my experience on CF, not SS.

I agree though that the Black Eagles don't really have many standout units compared to the other houses. Playing Blue Lions now and it feels like a whole new experience early game haha

I agree that the Eagles are a more balanced group (in terms of unit worth) than the other houses; if we're talking about the six we get on SS then really the only thing I'd expect broad agreement on is that Caspar is the weakest. I'm inclined to say Petra (high bases + high growths in the important stats + great talent list) and Dorothea (Physic/Thoron/Meteor) are the best but I can see the arguments for Ferdinand, Linhardt, and Bernadetta too.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I agree with the overall sentiment though I'd point out that not having much political capitol isn't really a deal breaker. Best example being Ike who's just a random mercenary. Recent subjugation aside Ordelia's probably akin to Pherea and Caelin which both produced main characters despite not being overly important places in Lycia 

I'm aware there have been non-royal lords. Byleth themselves is a non-royal and arguably the lord in SS, but he is kind of exemplary for the circumstances of his existence more than anything else... and those circumstances lead to him having unusual (and honestly unwise) amount of political capital.

Lysithea also doesn't have the charisma or strategic sense to really attract and hold together a group of ragtag commoners/lower rank nobles to lead an uprising/revolution, too, so it's not like she can go the other way either lol

Lysithea is not a lord character... but she is technically royal. House Ordelia does not have that much power in the alliance, she is technically royalty.

Riegan is the leading House of the Alliance, though it's technically not a royal house due to the Alliance not having a monarchy.

But functionally it is the same as a royal house, particularly because they have never actually been ousted from the position.

Ordelia is a county headed by a count. She is not royalty. I don't even recall them having a spot at the governing table.

Edited by Crysta

Ordelia is one of the five Roundtable houses though probably the least prominent one by far. Even without the Empire's intervention they have neither crests, relics or wealth that the other houses are said to have. 

The five houses are 
Riegan
Gloucester
Goneril
Ordelia
Edmund(replacing Daphnell after the Kingdom stole their relic)

Ordelia's the tricky one to identify as a member. The library book doesn't name them as one but characters in the war phase like Ordelia or the lore NPC in CF does lists the five with Ordelia as a member.