Ask The Above Poster Something You Want To Learn About Them

Randoman

Favorite game soundtrack as a whole?

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

What was that one more that shall not be named?

It shall not be named!

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I want to know, too!

I t  s h a l l  n o t  b e  n a m e d !

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Do you prefer large-scale bosses in games, or smaller ones?

I actually don't have a preference. If a boss fight is well designed, the size of the boss is largely secondary to me.
Both are great in their own ways! Smaller bosses feel more personal, whereas larger ones feel more... grand, for lack of a better term.

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

It shall not be named!

I t  s h a l l  n o t  b e  n a m e d !

Damn, that one must've sucked, huh? XD

---

What are some of your biggest gripes in stories?
Sorry if you've been asked this before.

8 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Favorite game soundtrack as a whole?

Oh, wow. That's tough. hm........

Hmmmmmm........

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........

Trails in the Sky FC.

Yes, I will readily admit that SC has overall more standout tracks, but I prefer the first game's soundtrack personally.

The Rolent town theme, the regular battle theme, Olivier's song and theme, the Zeiss town theme and one of the best battle themes ever all make me love its soundtrack so much.

Yes, some songs do return in the next game, but FC was where they originated from. It's really special in my mind.

Runners-up would be: Awakening, Three Houses, and Wind Waker.

-----------

Same question to you.

Who are your top 3 favourite characters to use in Mario spinoff games? (Eg: Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Golf/Tennis/other sports)

23 hours ago, Benice said:

What is your favorite kind of burger?

I... don't actually eat that many different kinds of burgers (despite my family having burgers every Sunday). I guess an angus beef cheeseburger with mustard and onions is what comes off the top of my mind.

Favorite pairing (support wise) in Fire Emblem awakening?

15 minutes ago, Randoman said:

(despite my family having burgers every Sunday)

You have a cool family.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Damn, that one must've sucked, huh? XD

Not quite...

Sorry if you've been asked this before.

I have not!

I want to start off with the womanizer archetype. Just the womanizer archetype.

Boring/dull endings are something I usually hate, either stupid and actually boring (I watched a TV show one time where the ending was everyone finding each other in some sort of purgatory that was never explained nor set up) or they all lived happily ever after*

*These endings can work just fine as long as there is some sort of depth to them, and it’s not just the heroes beat the bad guy then everyone goes back home and everything is the same as it always was, if that makes any sense at all.

I also USUALLY don’t like it how a lot of story protagonists are boring and have very little personality so the audience member can project themself onto them (mostly in books or games with silent protags though I’ve seen it in TV as well) because I think a better story would be told if we just had a lead with personality.

I aLsO don’t like it when stories force in poorly done romance- if it’s good I don’t really mind it, but when the story doesn’t really need romance AND it’s bad, I draw the line.

44 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Not quite...

Ah, inspiration for the Petra x Dorothea x Sooks fanfic, I see.

Are there any books series you like?

Edited by Benice

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ah, inspiration for the Petra x Dorothea x Sooks fanfic, I see.

*sweats nervously* Blame my subconscious for that.

Oh I wasn’t involved in that. It was just Petra and Dorothea, and I was in spectator mode.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Are there any books series you like?

Are you ready for the most generic answer of all time!?

Harry Potter... I am very basic...... Heroes of Olympus is good too I suppose

Do you plan to branch out and play more games?

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

In general, I really dislike anything that takes me out of a story.
One big one is when a fictional universe absolutely refuses to follow its own rules (for example, if an established power suddenly works differently just to move the plot along).
Something else I really dislike is when certain story elements are used so excessively within a single story (or series) that it almost borders on parody (such as villain gets caught, but escapes... somehow, or protagonist gets saved in the nick of time via Deus Ex Machina - used sparingly, these can work well, but when they're used all the damn time, they devalue the characters involved and that works only to the detriment of a story for me).
I also dislike it when the villains' motives are very ill-defined. When they have some kind of "Master Plan" (TM) that is so vague that I can't bring myself to care about it. Bonus points if it has a really pretentious name.
Bonus: When an antagonist is defeated, but goes "But actually, I won, lol!"
And of course, when a story is mysterious for the sake of being mysterious, where some kind of secret is introduced/hinted at in the beginning that ends up amounting to nothing, or gets built up so much that the pay-off isn't worth the hype. Granted, this is one of those "in hindsight" ones, but whenever something comes across as deliberately vague and "mysterious", I tend to raise an eyebrow these days.
And lastly, when a story is just dark, and has no other tone to go with it. Now, don't get me wrong, I do love me some dark and sad stories, but when that is the only note a story can play, it just becomes dull. And when a story becomes dull, I stop caring about it. That one FE8 hack I played not too long ago suffered hard from this.

And finally, for specific tropes, we have the womanizer, as Sooks said.

---

Where does the "1016" in your username come from?
If you've been asked this before, I'm sorry.

2 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Do you plan to branch out and play more games?

No, not really. I plan to try Trails in the Sky to appease everyone else and MAYBE Xenoblade in the semi-distance future, but that's about it. Maybe I'll branch out, ('cause I do wanna try new things, Neptunia and Nights of Azure look really fun, Octopath looks sort of neat, etc.) but I don't want to let games control my life, y'know? I already have a bit of a tendency to let that happen.

Who is the blue witch in the middle of your sig?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Who is the blue witch in the middle of your sig?

That is Arnice using the Phantom Form transformation.
Depending on which combinations of Servans you have with you in Nights of Azure, Arnice can transform into a different form in battle.
The Phantom Form is a support transformation that can restore HP and SP to the entire party even faster than Healer-type Servans can. Very useful!

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I plan to try Trails in the Sky to appease everyone else

If that's your reason, then it might be better if you don't, actually.
I can speak from experience here: If you want to try a game, only do so if you really want to, otherwise, there's no real point.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Neptunia and Nights of Azure look really fun

*happy Draggy noises*

---

Aside from your book, what kind of stories have you written thus far?

3 hours ago, Randoman said:

Who are your top 3 favourite characters to use in Mario spinoff games? (Eg: Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Golf/Tennis/other sports)

Luigi, Toad, and Rosalina when it comes to Mario characters, specifically.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I can speak from experience here: If you want to try a game, only do so if you really want to, otherwise, there's no real point.

I agree wholeheartedly. I've made that mistake with other games or media before and only ended up frustrated because I couldn't make myself like it when others did already.

What is your favorite type (poetry, stories, etc.) and genre of literature to write?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I mean, I'll just end up liking the least popular character and will dislike Estelle, what else is new?

Eh, what's the worst that can happen?

...Well, I guess a group of assassins coming to my house.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Aside from your book, what kind of stories have you written thus far?

Some terrible ones from the Write your butt off competition, (Ho Ho No! is particularly awful. I am very proud of the level cringe it is. It was inspired by a play I co-wrote in grade 7 that followed more or less the same plot.) a whole bunch for school, (uncluding one about seagulls, one about a fictional nation) I think the most memorable thing I wrote was for a grade 5 writing assignment where we had to write a paragraph or two, (I wrote over ten pages...) about what the daily life of an aboriginal would look like. I chose to make it a story rather than a non-fiction. Everything was fine and normal... Until the climax of the story, where a pack of 40 bears attack the protagonists.

Oh, and some glorious plays for school. A highlight of that was a Western where I starred as Deputy Rusty, the comic relief guy who made bad puns. That play was a masterpiece, I'm expecting a call from Hollywood any day now..

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I agree wholeheartedly. I've made that mistake with other games or media before and only ended up frustrated because I couldn't make myself like it when others did already.

Path of Radiance PTSD intensifies

Original question: What is your favorite type (poetry, stories, etc.) and genre of literature to write?

10 hours ago, Shrow said:

Favourite class in Fire Emblem?

On 10/15/2020 at 11:32 PM, Maof06 said:
  • Pegasus Knight. I was very happy when Fates removed the gender-lock. Echoes' Bow Knight is second favorite.

-------

What fictional world would you like to live in?

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've talked about this before, but Xenoblade 2 was one such "mistake" on my part.

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

What is your favorite type (poetry, stories, etc.) and genre of literature to write?

I'd love to say I like writing novels, buuuuut... my attempts at writing them have been... not great. XD
I do enjoy several forms of literature. Recently, I've taken to writing short stories of the romantic or funny kind as a way to keep my creativity intact.
As for poetry, I write mostly nonsense poetry, because I enjoyed reading the works of Heinz Erhardt as a child, who was a master of this, and thus I've gotten inspired to do the same (hence the Ferdinand von Aegir poem I posted before).
But yeah, if I ever do get back to starting a novel, I'd like for it to be in the fantasy genre, because I do think it offers the most creative freedom.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Eh, what's the worst that can happen?

What twilitfalchion described and what happened to me: you'll get frustrated that you can't bring yourself to like it as much as others already do, and getting frustrated has negative effects on your mental health.

...Well, I guess a group of assassins coming to my house.

I'd make sure to protect your house should it come to that.

Some terrible ones from the Write your butt off competition, (Ho Ho No! is particularly awful. I am very proud of the level cringe it is. It was inspired by a play I co-wrote in grade 7 that followed more or less the same plot.) a whole bunch for school, (uncluding one about seagulls, one about a fictional nation) I think the most memorable thing I wrote was for a grade 5 writing assignment where we had to write a paragraph or two, (I wrote over ten pages...) about what the daily life of an aboriginal would look like. I chose to make it a story rather than a non-fiction. Everything was fine and normal... Until the climax of the story, where a pack of 40 bears attack the protagonists.

Oh, and some glorious plays for school. A highlight of that was a Western where I starred as Deputy Rusty, the comic relief guy who made bad puns. That play was a masterpiece, I'm expecting a call from Hollywood any day now..

These sound pretty interesting, ngl.

---

ninja'd, hence question change:

Edited by DragonFlames

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Original question: What is your favorite type (poetry, stories, etc.) and genre of literature to write?

Romance stories and poetry.

Yeah, it isn't the most...uh, manly...genre to write about, but I love it.

What types of character personalities do you appreciate most? As in shy/reserved, strong/bold, etc.?

Uh... Turkey or ham?

Where does the "1016" in your username come from?
If you've been asked this before, I'm sorry.

I have not actually.

Short answer: my birthday.

Longer answer: The number combination my mom used for everything growing up (I guess I’m still growing up though) that I also started to take note of, and was the go to number in passwords as well. She used this number for being my birthday.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

In terms of FE-esque worlds, Lazberia, 'cause I'd like to live in Navaron. Otherwise, my own created worlds, 'cause those are, well, made by me to seem good to me.

Who is your favorite Octopath character?

Favorite album cover?

18 hours ago, Randoman said:

Who are some of your favourite ugly characters in fiction?

The things I pay attention to, I don't think there are very many 'ugly' characters in them. I guess I could go with Makishima from Psycho-Pass. While not ugly in appearance, his actions can be considered ugly. 

11 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Characters with little to no development, awkward pacing, things happening without any kind of foreshadowing (aka asspull). These are the first ones that come to mind.

-------

32 minutes ago, Benice said:

Favorite sandwich?

Hamburger!

-------

Same question to you.

Beef or chicken? Creativity overflowing!

2 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Favorite album cover?

I can’t even name any albums off of the top of my head lmao

Maybe video game osts on Apple Music if you want to be technical.