This is a pretty exclusive club

Sil/phire

Hey all, I'm new, I guess?  i'm a casual gamer. I enjoy tactical games and i'm bad at real time action stuff. FE? yes, CoD? no. I also like anime. To be honest I don't do much of any of those right now due to be being busy with other things but I did a lot of it before.

I mostly wanted a place to learn more about FE Heroes and is it ok if i can make a post some where about all the things I have questions on? It's pretty confusing in some ways and I have played on and off for a few months now and I still discover new things.

I'm also on legends of runeterra, but i play causally; shoot me a pm if you wanna play some time.

Hey! Welcome to the forest! We hope you'll enjoy your stay!

24 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

I mostly wanted a place to learn more about FE Heroes and is it ok if i can make a post some where about all the things I have questions on?

This thread will most likely be your friend, then!

Welcome Sil/phire! I hope the thread title is a reference to something I don’t get because this club is very much not exclusive! Have a good day! (That was too many exclamation points huh?)

Welcome to the Forest, Sil/phire!

15 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

To be honest I don't do much of any of those right now due to be being busy with other things but I did a lot of it before.

Same. With everything going on right now, I have trouble juggling with it too.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

On 11/8/2020 at 6:57 PM, Sooks said:

Welcome Sil/phire! I hope the thread title is a reference to something I don’t get because this club is very much not exclusive! Have a good day! (That was too many exclamation points huh?)

yeah when i was trying to sign up there was this question "what is the title of the next FE game?" that I struggled with for like 5 minutes. I don't know what's going on with FE right now so I googled' it and found out it's "FE: shadow dragon & the blade of light", but when i tried it didn't work. I played around with spelling and the title length but i was stuck for a few minutes there, until the question was changed to "what is the system for the next FE title?" and i answered "switch" and it finally let me through. So yes, i thought (humorously) you guys were a pretty tough group to hang up with putting up a wall like that, i'm sure a guy or two with less patience than myself probably walked away after the third time trying. but it's fine, i understand why those things are up, i think.

So, IS "Shadow dragon and the blade of light" the next FE? I wish it were something more impressive than a port to the eshop.

And thank you all for the welcomes.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

yeah when i was trying to sign up there was this question "what is the title of the next FE game?" that I struggled with for like 5 minutes. I don't know what's going on with FE right now so I googled' it and found out it's "FE: shadow dragon & the blade of light", but when i tried it didn't work. I played around with spelling and the title length but i was stuck for a few minutes there, until the question was changed to "what is the system for the next FE title?" and i answered "switch" and it finally let me through. So yes, i thought (humorously) you guys were a pretty tough group to hang up with putting up a wall like that, i'm sure a guy or two with less patience than myself probably walked away after the third time trying. but it's fine, i understand why those things are up, i think.

I think that question is just off the basis of if there is another fe game coming. I think I had a different question than that but it’s been far too long for my to remember, although I feel like it was fe7 related and the answer was Lyn. Don’t know how reliable of a memory that is.  

So, IS "Shadow dragon and the blade of light" the next FE? I wish it were something more impressive than a port to the eshop.

Yeah, it releases December 4th (iirc) on the switch eshop for... 6 dollars.

Unless you want the collector’s edition, that’s 50. (Well, U.S. dollars, I’m sure you can Google the price in whatever currency you use if it’s not U.S. dollars.)

16 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, it releases December 4th (iirc) on the switch eshop for... 6 dollars.

Unless you want the collector’s edition, that’s 50. (Well, U.S. dollars, I’m sure you can Google the price in whatever currency you use if it’s not U.S. dollars.)

That's fine, nostalgia is a strong  sells tactic, but looking at how they did Shadows of Valentia with FE echoes, i really wish they would give the same treatment to this game especially given that it was the first in the series, but I know that's the same as making an all new game anyways.

That's fine, nostalgia is a strong  sells tactic, but looking at how they did Shadows of Valentia with FE echoes, i really wish they would give the same treatment to this game especially given that it was the first in the series, but I know that's the same as making an all new game anyways.

Funnily enough they already tried to remake it once. FE11, or simply Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon was a remake of the first game, and it sold so poorly that they didn't release the remake they made of FE3 (FE1's direct sequel) outside Japan.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, I know exactly what you mean about exclusive clubs. The last club I was in was so exclusive, they wouldn't even let me leave. There were all these rules like "don't tell anyone where you're at" or "nothing non-kosher at the potluck". Eventually I just told them I had to use the restroom and didn't come back. The parties were great though. We got to wear big robes and cool masks, then we drew funny symbols with the sticky red paint. Boy they weren't kidding when they said that stuff doesn't come out - ruined my favorite pair of fluffy bunny socks it did. Anyways, I don't think we do any of that extracurricular junk here, but if you ask me, we should!

I'm pleased to see you made it past our automated gatekeeper. He can be a bit of a buzz kill, but he means well. Allow me to offer you another welcome to our non-committal, non-exclusive, nifty-as-nails nature preserve. See ya 'round friendo.