My lugh just died

I'm on ch8 of my blind playthrough of fe6 and my lugh just died because he missed a 97% hit on the 2nd wyvern rider. I had to pick either him or my shanna to be rescued, because only one of my cavaliers was available. Should i reset, and if not, when do i get my next magic user?

Good news is there's a magic user right ahead of you.

If you want to keep to ironman I'd say move along, but also that the next character I mentioned has something important going on (before I elaborate, how much do you know?)

Otherwise BB's not easy enough that a solid unit like Lugh is necessarily acceptable losses, but if it's not hard mode you're more likely to be fine.

Edited by Dayni

I’m assuming you mean chapter 7 because that’s the only chapter with wyvern riders where you only have Lugh as a magic user. But you’re in luck! The very next chapter, chapter 8, you get a magic user. Whether or not she’s good is... debated, her base isn’t the best since she joins at level one and her speed growth is pretty low, as is her res, but her magic is very high and she has a fast Roy support, at least. I’ve used her myself and she ended up being my best not-Rutger unit (with speedwings), so she’s certainly usable, it just might take a bit to get her level caught up with everyone.

Basically you get another magic user next chapter, Lugh is better than her but not good enough to be worth a reset, at least in my opinion, unless your Lugh was crazy blessed or something.

On 11/10/2020 at 12:11 AM, ThatsEnoughBackTalk said:

I'm on ch8 of my blind playthrough of fe6 and my lugh just died because he missed a 97% hit on the 2nd wyvern rider. I had to pick either him or my shanna to be rescued, because only one of my cavaliers was available. Should i reset, and if not, when do i get my next magic user?

the second mage you get is an excellent one where she can one round almost anyone with her very high Mag if you want to train her (unless you're doing Low turn run) especially in Hard mode where enemy health is bulky, only need one skill/speed booster (you get stat boost for skill and speed more times than Str/Mag booster)

Edited by joevar