Supports you would add

Dragoncat

What supports would you add, and what would they contain? Here's mine.

Petra and Dedue: She approaches him after hearing he also comes from a land considered foreign. Takes him the whole C support to warm up to her. In C+ support, she's got him convinced to sneak into the library at night to mark Duscur on all the maps again and she will help him. They end up getting into a disagreement and arguing in Brigidese and Common (Duscur doesn't have its own language), and she threatens to write "something rude" on the maps over Duscur. A monk kicks them out. B support is them talking about the detention they got and the rumors they started about goblins in the library.

Shamir and Petra or Dedue: For Petra, they talk about the survival instinct and thrill of the hunt. For Dedue, Shamir catches him trapping medium game in the forest. He eventually explains that he does this because not enough meat is served at meals in the cafeteria but he doesn't want to draw attention to himself by taking seconds anyway.

Ignatz and Bernadetta: How is this not a romantic ending option, or even a support at all? Two shy art nerds. Slow burn. Cute.

Oh this is interesting! You know I like a topic when I respond this fast xD

I would probably add:

Ashe and Yuri, this is the big one. In cindered shadows, if you 

Spoiler

have Ashe attack Yuri

they reveal that they already know each other, because they are both adopted by kingdom lords! (At least that’s implied to be how they know each other) And yet, this is never mentioned ever again. Yuri is also a thief and Ashe was a thief, they would have been great supports. That line makes me feel like there was something planned, at least, but Ashe got a Hapi support instead...

Bernadetta and Marianne: This is pretty obvious, a lot of people want this support. They’re the two loner characters, and data mining shows they also have a bond support, meaning they were planned to have supports at one time or another, but they were obviously cut.

Dorothea and Hilda: The other pair that has an unused bond support. Them gossiping would have been nice to see, but oh well.

Edelgard and Sylvain: Sylvain doesn’t act serious at all and Edelgard is... Edelgard, which is always a fun combo. Yet behind it all, they both really really hate crests. A chain between them would be fantastic. He even says he should have made a move on her in Blue Lions.

Dorothea and Ashe: Both of them had to two morally questionable things due to living on the streets (sleeping with/using people with wealth to advance in life and stealing, respectively). I feel like they would have understand and comfort each other so well because they’re both burdened by similar things, and they would also be mega cute, romantically. Ashe doesn’t have much money though, so that could definitely help Dorothea’s growth by A support.

Edelgard and Mercedes: They’re both gay wronged by the eViLs of crests, which could lead to a nuanced talk eventually. Since they also both really like sweets, I could see them both starting to meet because Mercedes baked for the class or something along those lines, and it could become a more chill relationship friendship where they’re more open about their feelings, see Ingrid and Mercedes support.

Hapi and Marianne: They both see themselves as bringing misfortune to others, this is the primary reason why Marianne avoids people and while Hapi doesn’t go that far, she is more cynical in her relationships with others because of that. She outright rejects Byleth at the beginning of her S support because of her curse, so that should say enough. Anyway, they should be able to bond over being the two unlucky loners. Maybe this chain would only go up to B, who knows.

Yuri and Flayn: Yuri is the bad boy from the underground who is also cynical and Flayn is the innocent church girl who is quite kind. Just log on Webtoon and you’ll see what I mean. Also Yuri is the only Ashen Wolf who doesn’t support a lord, so this is the next best thing right?

4 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Shamir and Petra or Dedue: For Petra, they talk about the survival instinct and thrill of the hunt. For Dedue, Shamir catches him trapping medium game in the forest. He eventually explains that he does this because not enough meat is served at meals in the cafeteria but he doesn't want to draw attention to himself by taking seconds anyway.

Shamir can support both of them, actually! You can probably find it online somewhere, her Dedue support is about them both not talking much and making interactions “easy to deal with”, I don’t remember much about her Petra support though. You can certainly find them online.

Edited by Sooks

57 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Shamir can support both of them, actually! You can probably find it online somewhere, her Dedue support is about them both not talking much and making interactions “easy to deal with”, I don’t remember much about her Petra support though. You can certainly find them online.

Oh, I didn't know this. I like the trapping idea better for Shamir and Dedue though. Like...bruh, the gentle giant is hungry. He is allowed to take seconds! 😞

It's not really adding a new support chain, but I wish Sylvain and Marianne had an A-support together. Marianne's one of the few women who Sylvain drops his "charmer" facade around and acts more true to himself, treating her like a friend and genuinely trying to help. I was pretty disappointed that their support chain ended at B, especially since they never even began to discuss how the crest system impacted both their lives. Overall, I think Sylvain needs more A-supports. More times than not I end up with his solo ending just because I've paired off all his potential partners.

I also feel like Rhea having no supports outside of Byleth was a huge missed opportunity.

One support I've always wanted to see was between Ashe and Flayn. She has a support with every guy in the Blue Lions except Ashe, instead he has one with Cyril. That makes me really sad and even a little salty. Makes me think what could have they talked about. Maybe they bond over sweets? 

Edelgard and Flayn: I think they would make a nice strict but caring big sis, and oblivious little sister duo. Their support would only go to B to reflect that while Edelgard might enjoy Flayn she just can't get over the fact that she's an evil dragon out to subjugate humanity. At least in her mind. 

Yuri and Ashe: Its really silly that they never got a support in the game. Yuri and Ashe already knew each other before coming to the academy. They are each other neighbors and according to feudal ranking Ashe is kinda Yuri's vassal. Yuri is shown to be fond of Ashe despite their lack of support and they would have an interesting dynamic between a bad boy and a pure boy. Ashe would likely be horrified by a lot of things Yuri says and does, while Yuri would find his innocence to be endearing. 

Ashe and Alois: In a lot of ways Alois is the ideal knight for Ashe. Like Ashe he's also a commoner who became a knight of justice, and Alois managed to reach the knightly ranks that Ashe dreams of. Ashe would fully approve of Alois not accepting rewards for helping people, of his kindness and even his naivety. Also they share the ability to make bad puns. Ashe would be delighted to learn and Alois would be delighted to finally be looked up to for once. 

Gilbert and Ignatz: Gilbert would be cordial about it, but I feel he has some strong opinions on Nouveau rich merchants buying themselves into knighthood. He would also have some strong views on people trying to become knights despite really not wanting to be knights. 

Hubert and Annette/Lorenz: Of the playable characters their family takes the role of imperial toadies. This sadly wasn't adressed much in supports. Given his position it would likely be Hubert rather than Edelgard who would be their contact point. For Lorenz it might be really offensive he has to report to a lackey while Hubert obviously wouldn't have anything good to say about him. With Annette it would be a little more interesting. The sunny Annette and the dark Hubert are total opposites and Annette's family is mostly joining the empire because they got subjugated which Hubert could gloat about. On the other hand Hubert usually goes far easier on the girls so he might actually enjoy Annette. 

Claude and mByleth S-Support gods pLEASE

Ashe and Ignatz: This support would have been interesting, as Ashe could share his interest in literature with Ignatz's interest in art. That being said, Ignatz and Bernie would have been a wholesome artistic conversation too.

Ferdinand and Sylvain: They would have had an interesting support regarding their nobility, since Ferdinand is so proud of his status while Sylvain finds it a curse.

Hilda and Ingrid: This one would be funny--the lazy flirty girl with the hard-working girl with no interest in personal appearance. and they're both fighting to be the CEOs of racism ahem

A lot, honestly. I've actually written or planned a few.

Supports I've written or planned: 

Seteth x Mercedes (outlined)

Dimitri x Dorothea (outlined)

Sylvain x Edelgard (outlined)

Balthus x Catherine (planned)

Felix x Catherine (wrote - it was terrible)

Ignatz x Bernadetta (wrote - it was less terrible, but still not good)

Dedue x Constance (wrote - I like it)

Marianne x Petra (and maybe a trio support with Ingrid)

Ignatz x Sylvain (planned)

Dorothea x Hilda (planned)

and the "Silver Route" supports, where on one route a separate lord joins towards the end. The second lord can only support and have an ending with the primary lord.*

On AM Dimitri would support and recruit Claude (I've written the support)

On VW Claude would support and recruit Edelgard (The support has been planned)

On CF Edelgard would support and recruit Dimitri (I've written the support)

On a VERY alternate fifth path, we'd see Edelgard and Rhea team up to take down TWSITD and their new allies. So yes, Rhea and Edelgard would support each other. I've planned this support out, but I'm still working on the language. 

Unplanned supports that I'd like to see: 

Shamir x Seteth

Yuri x Ashe

Hapi x Lysithea

Hubert x Mercedes

Marianne x Hapi

EDIT: Claude x Linhardt

EDIT: Seteth x Annette

*Claude is the exception to this, since:

Spoiler

There is little conflict between his paired endings and the paired endings of others. However, his endings with Lorenz and Byleth would have to be changed.

Edited by Use the Falchion

14 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Edelgard might enjoy Flayn she just can't get over the fact that she's an evil dragon out to subjugate humanity. At least in her mind.

Pretty sure she only thinks that way about Rhea. We never really get to hear how she feels about Seteth or Flayn. But she's perfectly willing to let them both escape unharmed in chapter 15, so I think it's pretty safe to assume that she doesn't take the same issue with them.

40 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Pretty sure she only thinks that way about Rhea. We never really get to hear how she feels about Seteth or Flayn. But she's perfectly willing to let them both escape unharmed in chapter 15, so I think it's pretty safe to assume that she doesn't take the same issue with them.

She's certainly the most vocal about Rhea but in their battle conversations she says to Flayn ''You are a child of the goddess. You must not be allowed power over the people''

17 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

She's certainly the most vocal about Rhea but in their battle conversations she says to Flayn ''You are a child of the goddess. You must not be allowed power over the people''

Ah, my mistake. I guess I never made the two of them fight so I didn't realize they had any unique dialogue. But of course that's not to say they wouldn't have a slightly better understanding of each other before they're at war. It would be interesting to see a support chain between them begin after chapter 6, where they bond over both being survivors of TWSITD's experiments. Maybe if they reach A-support before the route split, Flayn could even become recruitable after defeating her in chapter 15.