[FE13] Rebalanced Awakening v4.21

windypanda1

On 1/17/2022 at 3:07 PM, CaptainEXE said:

Oh I know how to get it working now and I did put the files on my hacked 3DS. Thing is, I run the game and I can't tell if the mod is working? Should the title screen or something be different? How can I tell if it is working or not?

Very very late reply again lol, the earliest difference you can see is that in the prologue, Robin has Hit+10 instead of Veteran.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the detail. I forgot to respond earlier but yeah, the hack isn't loading. Lunatic just loads some myrms and the typical stuff. No Hit + 10 instead of Veteran either. But I'm gonna just reinstall the game and try to figure out what I'm not doing right.

OK I figured out where I went wrong, I didn't make an extra folder to tell the 3DS to check there for the files. Is there any Read me or something where all the changes are piled together so I can read it all at once?

I'm gonna type up a quick mini guide on how to get it working on 3DS for anyone else trying that method:
Go to your SD card on a PC, go to Luma folder > go to titles > make a folder with the name being the game ID for Awakening, then inside that title ID folder make a new one called romfs and dump the RAR files for the hack in there. Then on Luma boot menu (by default you hold Select then power on the 3DS), enable game patching. Run game, enjoy hack.

On 2/2/2022 at 4:48 PM, CaptainEXE said:

OK I figured out where I went wrong, I didn't make an extra folder to tell the 3DS to check there for the files. Is there any Read me or something where all the changes are piled together so I can read it all at once?

I'm gonna type up a quick mini guide on how to get it working on 3DS for anyone else trying that method:
Go to your SD card on a PC, go to Luma folder > go to titles > make a folder with the name being the game ID for Awakening, then inside that title ID folder make a new one called romfs and dump the RAR files for the hack in there. Then on Luma boot menu (by default you hold Select then power on the 3DS), enable game patching. Run game, enjoy hack.

I’m sorry for the lack of a neat documentation. All of the mechanical changes are in the original post but I don’t really have the class stats and the unit stats listed anywhere. I will have to make it when I have enough motivation since it’s a ton of information 😅

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Congratz for the great mod, having a lot of fun.

Just one thing that i discover by" accident" and was not listed on the notes:

Olivia goes to level 20 as dancer and "promote" to Dread Fighter(aka swordmaster with dance) and get Astra and Galeforce on levels 5 and 15 respectively .

I don't know if is intentional since the Galeforce from Dark Flier was removed.

Sadly my inigo didn't inherited because Olivia leveled way ahead, but that's okay since he was planned without Galeforce.

Edit: Owain in his paralogue appear with Conquest skill and can't inherit his father' skill. My solution was remove the mod to the original game to get the skill.

Edited by Gate

On 3/2/2022 at 2:34 PM, Gate said:

Hello, Congratz for the great mod, having a lot of fun.

Just one thing that i discover by" accident" and was not listed on the notes:

Olivia goes to level 20 as dancer and "promote" to Dread Fighter(aka swordmaster with dance) and get Astra and Galeforce on levels 5 and 15 respectively .

I don't know if is intentional since the Galeforce from Dark Flier was removed.

Sadly my inigo didn't inherited because Olivia leveled way ahead, but that's okay since he was planned without Galeforce.

Edit: Owain in his paralogue appear with Conquest skill and can't inherit his father' skill. My solution was remove the mod to the original game to get the skill.

Sorry for late reply. Yes it is intentional. I wanted to remove galeforce from dark flier but didn’t want to completely remove it, so I put it on dance fighter. 

Hello everyone, v4.3 is here!

I only have 1 balance change this time around which is:

1. Manakete/Taguel Stat Cap nerfed by Atk-2 Def-2 Res-2

The beast classes seemed to turn into unstoppable juggernauts in late-game thanks to snowballing with lv30 -> lv1 second seal, so I toned down their late-game capabilities a little. 

The more important news is: 

I have added compatibility for Gay Awakening! A lot of people have been requesting this, so I decided to finally act on it. You can find the Gay Awakening version in the google drive link in the original post. Keep in mind I did not make anything related to Gay Awakening, full shoutouts to UnassumingVenusaur and her team.  

I don't have any more things I want to do with this hack besides further balance/map tweaks. However, I will be working on improving the documentation as well as a class bases/growths/caps chart to help you decide between class options.

Have fun everyone. 

Edited by windypanda1

Hello, a quick update. 

I finally made the documentation for Class Stats! This document lists all of the base stats/growth rates/max stats for playable classes, and it also includes the full changelog for class balance changes. Check it out here

(You can also find it in the original post) 

While I was reviewing the class stats, I noticed some anomalies, so I also made some quick balance changes. I included them in v4.3. 

1. Myrmidon Skl+2

2. Valkyrie/Sage/Dark Knight/Sorcerer HP Cap +10

3. Bugfix: Archer(F) and Taguel(F) stats are properly adjusted

Edited by windypanda1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, a small update for units I thought were still subpar. 

v4.4

1. Vaike: +2 Attack
2. Henry: +1 to all stats
3. Maribelle: +1 to all stats
4. Gregor: +2HP -3 Mag +3 Res (36 HP/12 Atk/0 Mag/12 Skl/12 Spd/12 Lck/12 Def/6 Res)

thanks for making the Same Sex marriage/gay awakening patch (it literally just adds more support conversations even if you don't want the gay, so it's a no brainer for a lot of people, me included) and thanks for rebalancing the lunatic side too. iirc, on the mod's earlier iteration, you mentioned it was meant to be played on hard (that's also what it says on the gamebanana page), so I held off on downloading. until now, that is. came here to express my gratitude. so, thanks again!

Edited by ballistic25

how can i tell if the mod is active? I got a Tree Branch at the tutorial, i didn't see a swordsman named Steve as someone pointed out in your tutorial comment.

edit: there is a new cheat to fix the ghosting, just found it on reddit -> 001ecd54 E3A01002

Edited by Zayr

On 3/24/2022 at 2:27 PM, ballistic25 said:

thanks for making the Same Sex marriage/gay awakening patch (it literally just adds more support conversations even if you don't want the gay, so it's a no brainer for a lot of people, me included) and thanks for rebalancing the lunatic side too. iirc, on the mod's earlier iteration, you mentioned it was meant to be played on hard (that's also what it says on the gamebanana page), so I held off on downloading. until now, that is. came here to express my gratitude. so, thanks again!

Hey thanks. I should update the gamebanana page since the hack is in a solid state rn.

5 hours ago, Zayr said:

how can i tell if the mod is active? I got a Tree Branch at the tutorial, i didn't see a swordsman named Steve as someone pointed out in your tutorial comment.

edit: there is a new cheat to fix the ghosting, just found it on reddit -> 001ecd54 E3A01002

Robin has Hit+10 instead of Veteran. (In the prologue, not premonition)

Steve only appears in Lunatic Mode. The modified tree branch in the premonition is also proof that the mod is working.

Edited by windypanda1

Hello! I have one bit of feedback, though it's a small thing and not exactly something that's within the scope of the mod. Still, I'd like to ask. Would you consider unlocking the spotpass paralogues in your mod? Apparently, it's easy to do so, but the quick fix mod included in the thread is incompatible with yours. I tried to follow the steps myself, but my knowledge of Paragon is super limited and I couldn't pull it off without breaking the mod entirely.

So yeah, that's the question. Whether or not you'd like to tinker with the maps if you do decide to unlock them is up to you, of course. I'd be happy just with the ability to grab Gangrel with this mod on, haha. And I apologize in advance if the mod already does this and I just didn't know.

On 4/4/2022 at 3:59 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Hello! I have one bit of feedback, though it's a small thing and not exactly something that's within the scope of the mod. Still, I'd like to ask. Would you consider unlocking the spotpass paralogues in your mod? Apparently, it's easy to do so, but the quick fix mod included in the thread is incompatible with yours. I tried to follow the steps myself, but my knowledge of Paragon is super limited and I couldn't pull it off without breaking the mod entirely.

So yeah, that's the question. Whether or not you'd like to tinker with the maps if you do decide to unlock them is up to you, of course. I'd be happy just with the ability to grab Gangrel with this mod on, haha. And I apologize in advance if the mod already does this and I just didn't know.

Done. Yeah it is pretty simple haha. Check out the new version in the drive. Keep in mind I did not test the chapters, so the chapters might be too hard, and the characters might be too strong / weak. Let me know if you find such issues. 

v4.5

Unlocked Spotpass Paralogues. 

Added Premonition Tree Branch indicator in Gay Awakening version. 

Edited by windypanda1

7 hours ago, windypanda1 said:

Done. Yeah it is pretty simple haha. Check out the new version in the drive. Keep in mind I did not test the chapters, so the chapters might be too hard, and the characters might be too strong / weak. Let me know if you find such issues. 

Thank you very much! I'm not there yet - far from it, in fact - but from what I know of these maps, Aversa's paralogue shouldn't require any changes whatsoever, due to the way it works. For the rest, they do seem to have reinforcements. I don't know if the removal of STRs is universal or if it needs to be done manually for each chapter. If it's the latter, please consider making at least that change to the paralogues.

Beyond that, I'd have to play them to know how they go in your mod. I do have an endgame save, but it's from my first unmodded run on the European version of the game. Still, if you don't have a save with which to test these things out, let me know, I could send my savefiles to you.

That aside, I'd just like to say, I'm up to chapter 9 so far and I'm really enjoying your mod! FE rebalances tend not to be to my liking much, but so far yours has changed this game to suit my preferences just about perfectly. Good work!

I feel Generals could use another weapon type, Great Knights having weapons AND movement over them isn't fair. If nothing else, Spotpass Black Knight having no black armor, no helmets and no swords is too much. There's plenty of other sword wielding armored characters in the spotpass content, EX: Zephiel, whom lose access to their weapons within Awakening.

Also pavise isn't so useful to General the way it works in Awakening. Generals don't have a high skill stat and they aren't in need of protection from physical attacks anyhow. So Pavise is more suited to fast and fragile high skill classes like Assassin.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

On 4/6/2022 at 9:18 AM, Emperor Hardin said:

I feel Generals could use another weapon type, Great Knights having weapons AND movement over them isn't fair. If nothing else, Spotpass Black Knight having no black armor, no helmets and no swords is too much. There's plenty of other sword wielding armored characters in the spotpass content, EX: Zephiel, whom lose access to their weapons within Awakening.

Also pavise isn't so useful to General the way it works in Awakening. Generals don't have a high skill stat and they aren't in need of protection from physical attacks anyhow. So Pavise is more suited to fast and fragile high skill classes like Assassin.

Fair point. I gave them the same base speed as Great Knight and their stats comfortably outclass Great Knight except Mov, but I ended up dropping my General after around chapter 14. It seems like Movement is still way too important of a stat ahaha. Maybe the third weapon type is justified. I'll put out a new version later. 

I really should do another playthrough to test the new changes but I'm binging Triangle Strategy right now :^)

Edit:

So, regarding the Spotpass chapters...

Should I make them really difficult and make the reward character strong? (Like Tiki paralogue)

Or should I make them easier but the reward characters average strength? 

What do you guys think?

I'm not really willing to hand out free strong characters since it would mess with the difficulty of the game. 

Edited by windypanda1

v4.6

1. Generals can now use swords

As requested. I feel like it could be interesting.

2. Stahl Spd+1

I think I was a bit too harsh with his starting speed at 6, barely enough to avoid being doubled.

3. Vaike HP-2 Def-1

Vaike's initial problem was that he couldn't contribute much offensively because of his average strength and low speed. Now he can contribute better offensively thanks to the Atk+2 buff I gave him, but I realized his defenses were actually pretty overtuned. 

I started another playthrough, thinking of doing something like Dark Flier Robin. Next patch will probably be Spotpass-related.

Edited by windypanda1

1 hour ago, windypanda1 said:

So, regarding the Spotpass chapters...

Should I make them really difficult and make the reward character strong? (Like Tiki paralogue)

Or should I make them easier but the reward characters average strength? 

What do you guys think?

I'm not really willing to hand out free strong characters since it would mess with the difficulty of the game. 

I think the former. The spotpass characters are already pretty much just trophies, given how late they're recruited. Making their chapters into a big challenge that rewards the player with strong Gotohs would be the best approach, in my opinion.

Aversa's the one weird exception here. Her chapter is incredibly unique, but its gimmick makes it simple to cheese. I'd be sad if you did away with it and turned it into a regular map, and it'd feel odd if Aversa was much weaker than the rest of the spotpass characters, but... well, it'd also feel odd if she was much easier to obtain, haha.

Then again, the game doesn't have a proper Gotoh. Closest thing are Basilio and Flavia, but they join a ways back. Perhaps Aversa being a relatively simple Gotoh to obtain, compared to the rest, wouldn't be such a bad thing. So yeah, in a few words, my opinion is: Make them difficult with strong reward characters, but leave Aversa and her paralogue untouched.

5 minutes ago, windypanda1 said:

v4.6

1. Generals can now use swords

As requested. I feel like it could be interesting.

Awesome! I don't have a general yet, so this change should still apply to my run, if everything I understand about game hacking is correct. Nice. Kjelle will enjoy this.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think the former. The spotpass characters are already pretty much just trophies, given how late they're recruited. Making their chapters into a big challenge that rewards the player with strong Gotohs would be the best approach, in my opinion.

Aversa's the one weird exception here. Her chapter is incredibly unique, but its gimmick makes it simple to cheese. I'd be sad if you did away with it and turned it into a regular map, and it'd feel odd if Aversa was much weaker than the rest of the spotpass characters, but... well, it'd also feel odd if she was much easier to obtain, haha.

Then again, the game doesn't have a proper Gotoh. Closest thing are Basilio and Flavia, but they join a ways back. Perhaps Aversa being a relatively simple Gotoh to obtain, compared to the rest, wouldn't be such a bad thing. So yeah, in a few words, my opinion is: Make them difficult with strong reward characters, but leave Aversa and her paralogue untouched.

Ohhhh, I just searched it up. To be honest, I never even bothered with Spotpass before so I didn't know they were all recruitable after chapter 25. Yeah I think I'll definitely make the chapters hard as sort of a postgame challenge. And they'd definitely need to bring some kind of strong utility to the table to be useful in Endgame. 

Edit: Also, Saint Rubenio, could I know what difficulty you are playing on, for reference? 

Edited by windypanda1

2 hours ago, windypanda1 said:

Ohhhh, I just searched it up. To be honest, I never even bothered with Spotpass before so I didn't know they were all recruitable after chapter 25. Yeah I think I'll definitely make the chapters hard as sort of a postgame challenge. And they'd definitely need to bring some kind of strong utility to the table to be useful in Endgame. 

That sounds good. I'll look forward to seeing how you tweak the maps!

2 hours ago, windypanda1 said:

Edit: Also, Saint Rubenio, could I know what difficulty you are playing on, for reference? 

Lunatic. OP says the hack is balanced around hard and lunatic, so I picked lunatic.

So I sat for around 4 hours and made a bunch of changes. v4.7 is here! 

v4.7

1. Spotpass paralogues tweaked

The reward characters have all been adjusted (generally to be stronger), and the maps have received adjustments such as removing same-turn reinforcements, changing some rout missions to defeat boss, and minor weapon changes. Honestly can't say much about the difficulty of the maps because I lost my legit endgame save so I couldn't really playtest it. Just had to blast through with a hacked Robin. The maps should hopefully be pretty challenging. 

3. Final chapter mobs Lv. 18 -> Lv. 20

Not a huge difference, just thought I'd make the final chapter a bit more difficult. 

2. Swordmaster Speed cap -1, Speed growths +5%

37 Speed enemies are a bit too tough so I decided to tone it down. Extra speed growths for compensation. 

3. Meteor / Mire Accuracy +5%, Bolting Accuracy and Crit +5%

These things miss more than I'd like them to, so I decided to raise their accuracy a little. 

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That sounds good. I'll look forward to seeing how you tweak the maps!

Lunatic. OP says the hack is balanced around hard and lunatic, so I picked lunatic.

Alright, good to know. Yeah it is indeed balanced around Hard and Lunatic. The original Hard Mode was actually leaning towards Lunatic level of difficulty, but as the hack got easier with each update, I designed Lunatic mode to help myself enjoy the game. Also many players refuse to play anything but Lunatic Mode, so there's that. 

Also I'm slowly starting to regret adding Gay Awakening compatibility, keeping 2 versions of the hack updated is pretty bothersome...

Edited by windypanda1

8 minutes ago, windypanda1 said:

v4.7

1. Spotpass paralogues tweaked

The reward characters have all been adjusted, and the maps have received adjustments such as removing same-turn reinforcements and minor weapon changes. Honestly can't say much about the difficulty of the maps because I lost my legit endgame save so I couldn't really playtest it. Just had to blast through with a hacked Robin. The maps should hopefully be pretty challenging.

If you still haven't been able to test them properly by the time I get there, I'll be sure to let you know how I feel about them.

8 minutes ago, windypanda1 said:

Alright, good to know. Yeah it is indeed balanced around Hard and Lunatic. The original Hard Mode was actually leaning towards Lunatic level of difficulty, but as the hack got easier with each update, I designed Lunatic mode to help myself enjoy the game. Also many players absolutely refuse to play anything but Lunatic Mode. 

Hahaha... Understandable. I must say, I'm loving the difficulty so far. It's pretty brutal, but for the most part, fair. Chapter 7 was pushing it a bit, and early on my units felt a wee bit too weak, but still, I've been having a blast with this mod. It has successfully made Awakening feel a lot like Conquest, which is quite the accomplishment, if I do say so myself! Keep up the good work.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you still haven't been able to test them properly by the time I get there, I'll be sure to let you know how I feel about them.

Hahaha... Understandable. I must say, I'm loving the difficulty so far. It's pretty brutal, but for the most part, fair. Chapter 7 was pushing it a bit, and early on my units felt a wee bit too weak, but still, I've been having a blast with this mod. It has successfully made Awakening feel a lot like Conquest, which is quite the accomplishment, if I do say so myself! Keep up the good work.

Nice. Chapter 6 seems to be where people get stuck, so I'm surprised you mentioned Chapter 7 instead of Chapter 6. But yeah. Chapter 6 and 7 I feel like is a pretty brutal zone, so I could try to tone it down a little. Have you been doing the paralogues as soon as they came out? The level curve is designed with that in mind. Actively using Frederick, buying tonics, and killer weapon crits can all help you out in early game. I found early-promote Kellam to be a surprisingly big help as well. 

Edited by windypanda1