Lysithea's Gambit - SRPG Studio Project (In Progress)

MisterIceTeaPeach

Hello,

for 2021 I planned to create a little Fire Emblem fangame with help by the SRPG Studio. It will become literally a little project with a maximum of 5-6 maps. Protagonist will be Lysithea from Fire Emblem Three Houses who has to defend her bloodline with all she got. Of course familar and less familar faces will join. I have an idea for a plot, but it's far away from ready to say. Same goes for conversations.

Chapter 1 and Chapter 1x

Spoiler

Edited by Zan Partizanne

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Hey, what are those coordinates on the enemy units from?  I've been working on a game in SRPG Studio for a little over two years now and I've never seen those.

I think these were pre customized. I can't remember making any changes in the configurations.

Edit: I get the issue now. I have it too. The text with the checkboxes right below the map tiles aren't shown for me either. You have find these "hidden" boxes by clicking. If you have clicked on a box, the box and the text are shown. I have no idea the cause for this issue.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’ll likely submit a character when we know more about the story.

Unless you want to know them ahead of time, of course.

Well, first of all I'm going to make a little change in the story.

Spoiler

The story will take place two years after the final of Three Houses. Lysithea and Byleth are married and she just gave birth to her daughter, Madeleine. In the prolog Lysithea will be the protagonist. After that a timeskip is going to happen and Byleth (in the mid  / late 30s) and Madeleine will be playable. I already have an idea for the end (multiple endings). Everything between is pretty much free. I don't know, if it will answer you the question enough.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

15 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

The story will take place two years after the final of Three Houses. Lysithea and Byleth are married and she just gave birth to her daughter, Madeleine. In the prolog Lysithea will be the protagonist. After that a timeskip is going to happen and Byleth (in the mid  / late 30s) and Madeleine will be playable. I already have an idea for the end (multiple endings). Everything between is pretty much free. I don't know, if it will answer you the question enough.

Which route are you thinking it'll take place after? That'll give me an idea of which character I'd like to submit.

If you're open to ideas, I think it would be interesting to see your story take place after Crimson Flower. Lysithea's an Alliance noble who lent her strength to the Empire and helped Edelgard achieve her dreams for Fodlan, but the Alliance territories, including Ordelia, are still struggling to regain their footing after the war and adjust to the new Fodlan. Lysithea of course, as Countess Ordelia and the overachiever she's always been, wants to do everything she can to keep the influence of her noble house alive and play an active role in supporting her friend's new government. That's just one idea, though. I'm really interested to hear more about this project. Lyssie's one of my favorite 3H characters and I love the idea of giving her a game of her own. I think she'll make a fantastic lead and I can't wait to see how her story plays out. When the game becomes available, is it gonna be playable online or will there be a download of some sort? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I don't really know a lot about how fan games work.

1 hour ago, RainbowMoon said:

When the game becomes available, is it gonna be playable online or will there be a download of some sort? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I don't really know a lot about how fan games work.

There will be a download.  Releasing an SRPG Studio project creates a folder containing the game executable and everything else it needs to run.  To distribute it, you can put the game folder into a ZIP file, then upload it wherever you want people to be able to download it from.  Getting the game to run is as simple as extracting the contents of said ZIP file into another folder, going into that folder, and double-clicking the game executable to boot it up.

Oh, @Jules Necrofantasia, some advice if you intend to let people submit their own characters:

First, it's a good idea to go ahead and figure out your class system in advance before you start accepting submissions.  That way, people will have a better idea of what base class and/or promotion(s) they want to go with.

Second, put a limit on how many playable characters there can be of a certain class.  I was once collaborating with another Serenes Forest user on a community fangame project in which people could submit their own characters.  There was no class representative limit in place, and so we got like five or six people who all wanted to be Shamans or Druids, which would not have made for a fun time.

And if you need any help learning your way around the engine, I strongly recommend you join the SRPG Studio University Discord server if you haven't already.  https://discord.gg/GcTS5EH

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

2 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

Which route are you thinking it'll take place after? That'll give me an idea of which character I'd like to submit.

If you're open to ideas, I think it would be interesting to see your story take place after Crimson Flower. Lysithea's an Alliance noble who lent her strength to the Empire and helped Edelgard achieve her dreams for Fodlan, but the Alliance territories, including Ordelia, are still struggling to regain their footing after the war and adjust to the new Fodlan. Lysithea of course, as Countess Ordelia and the overachiever she's always been, wants to do everything she can to keep the influence of her noble house alive and play an active role in supporting her friend's new government. That's just one idea, though. I'm really interested to hear more about this project. Lyssie's one of my favorite 3H characters and I love the idea of giving her a game of her own. I think she'll make a fantastic lead and I can't wait to see how her story plays out. When the game becomes available, is it gonna be playable online or will there be a download of some sort? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I don't really know a lot about how fan games work.

Hmm, it sounds interesting, I'll think about that.

As for the technical aspects I honestly don't know yet. I just learned to know about the SRPG Studio and learning more right now by watching online tutorials. I have no idea, if all my story and especially map ideas can be executed, but I'll give my best to make something at least playable.

My original idea was:

Spoiler

Lysithea, the second last member of House Ordelia after giving birth to her daughter, gets attacked by the same people who also did the blood experiments to her family and her. When she realized she can't hold her throne she asked Byleth, her husband, to escape with her daughter to keep her and the bloodline Ordelia alive. They would be separated and the game would be split basically into two parts. One part with Lysithea (and old known friends) and one with Byleth (as Jaigen character) and her daughter who would be able to use magic and swords like Celica. The reunion would happen under very unfortunate circumstances. The game shall have multiple endings. The bad ending would be

Spoiler

Lysithea's death.

26 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Oh, @Jules Necrofantasia, some advice if you intend to let people submit their own characters:

First, it's a good idea to go ahead and figure out your class system in advance before you start accepting submissions.  That way, people will have a better idea of what base class and/or promotion(s) they want to go with.

Second, put a limit on how many playable characters there can be of a certain class.  I was once collaborating with another Serenes Forest user on a community fangame project in which people could submit their own characters.  There was no class representative limit in place, and so we got like five or six people who all wanted to be Shamans or Druids, which would not have made for a fun time.

And if you need any help learning your way around the engine, I strongly recommend you join the SRPG Studio University Discord server if you haven't already.  https://discord.gg/GcTS5EH

Thanks, already sign in Discord.

As for the class system it shall become pretty much basic with the option of chosing between two classes in the promotion. The main character shall become an user of anima and dark magic (magic will be separated into traditional anima, light, dark). Dragons shouldn't exist. Three Houses introduced some robotic themes (I don't remember what kind of things they were) which shall be featured too, but only as enemy).

1 hour ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

My original idea was:

Reveal hidden contents

Lysithea, the second last member of House Ordelia after giving birth to her daughter, gets attacked by the same people who also did the blood experiments to her family and her. When she realized she can't hold her throne she asked Byleth, her husband, to escape with her daughter to keep her and the bloodline Ordelia alive. They would be separated and the game would be split basically into two parts. One part with Lysithea (and old known friends) and one with Byleth (as Jaigen character) and her daughter who would be able to use magic and swords like Celica. The reunion would happen under very unfortunate circumstances. The game shall have multiple endings. The bad ending would be

Reveal hidden contents

Lysithea's death.

Spoiler

Crimson Flower would definitely be the route for that, what with people widely knowing of the Agarthan’s existence and the empire being sort of at war with them.

12 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

There will be a download.  Releasing an SRPG Studio project creates a folder containing the game executable and everything else it needs to run.  To distribute it, you can put the game folder into a ZIP file, then upload it wherever you want people to be able to download it from.  Getting the game to run is as simple as extracting the contents of said ZIP file into another folder, going into that folder, and double-clicking the game executable to boot it up.

Perfect, thanks!

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Crimson Flower would definitely be the route for that, what with people widely knowing of the Agarthan’s existence and the empire being sort of at war with them.

Also, CF's the only route where Byleth can actually become Count Ordelia. On AM and VW/SS, he's appointed the new Archbishop and House Ordelia pretty much fizzles out when Lysithea marries him.

If the Agarthans are involved, though, I wonder if we'll see some familiar faces from the Empire. Maybe Hubert? After all, the Empire's "war" with TWSITD is something he's been planning for quite a while.

Hubert: They are looking down on us. They think we cannot touch them. But the closer we get to them, the less true that becomes. Just look at this weaponry we received as a token of their appreciation. It would be impossible for us to manufacture such a piece with our current tools and knowledge. It is not as powerful as a Relic, but it is nearly so. We will keep them close, for now, while we still need their strength to rule Fódlan. Once Fódlan is united, however, the focus of this war will shift. Rather than swords clashing on the battlefield, it will be knives cutting in the darkness. Lady Edelgard's war will be over, and House Vestra's will begin. We who rule the shadows will eradicate those who slither in the dark. When that time comes, Professor, you will be quite useful to us.

It would be interesting to see how this all ties in with Lysithea's own struggle with the remnants of TWSITD. Maybe they'll work together at some point in the story?

Also, just a Fashion Emblem question, but do you think anybody will look different two years after 3H? I'm mostly asking because this would be a perfect chance for Guyleth to clean up his look a little and ditch the emo bowlcut and permanent scowl.

Edited by RainbowMoon

49 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

If the Agarthans are involved, though, I wonder if we'll see some familiar faces from the Empire. Maybe Hubert? After all, the Empire's "war" with TWSITD is something he's been planning for quite a while.

Hubert basically plans to spearhead the war against TWSITD from what we see, he would definitely be top on the list.

Also @Jules Necrofantasia, how different would the routes be? How long?

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Also @Jules Necrofantasia, how different would the routes be? How long?

Actually a route split was only planned in the case Lysithea having a child. As mentioned before they would be separated since birth (would include a timeskip then) and meet again about 14 years later. Would be a 

If a timeskip isn't desired, I would have an idea for a split for maybe 1-2 maps which will trigger the ending.

As mentioned in the OP I don't tend to make a big project due to the lack of freetime. Six chapters as mentioned in the OP is hardly executable storywise, but my plan was to have multiple events per map to have some story built in. 

I'm still working on my script, and I have no idea, if I can execute my ideas since I'm totally new to the SRPG Studio.

Also, CF's the only route where Byleth can actually become Count Ordelia.

Since it's indeed the case, I would definitely like to build Edelgard and Hubert in.

39 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Actually a route split was only planned in the case Lysithea having a child. As mentioned before they would be separated since birth (would include a timeskip then) and meet again about 14 years later. Would be a 

If a timeskip isn't desired, I would have an idea for a split for maybe 1-2 maps which will trigger the ending.

As mentioned in the OP I don't tend to make a big project due to the lack of freetime. Six chapters as mentioned in the OP is hardly executable storywise, but my plan was to have multiple events per map to have some story built in. 

If you want to tell a story over a route split, I say go for it.

Edited by Sooks

37 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Since it's indeed the case, I would definitely like to build Edelgard and Hubert in.

Ooh, nice! I loved Edelgard's support chain with Lysithea! El showing her caring big sister side with Lyssie was such a sweet (pun intended) moment between the two of them, considering what they both suffered at the hands of TWSITD. I like to think that they stayed friends after the war, even though Lysithea had to return to House Ordelia. Still sending each other cakes from time to time and killing Agarthans and such.

1 hour ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I'm still working on my script, and I have no idea, if I can execute my ideas since I'm totally new to the SRPG Studio.

I personally like the idea of a route split rather than a timeskip. It's your story though, so don't feel like you have to make any decisions you don't want to. In the end it's whichever way you feel works best.

10 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

Ooh, nice! I loved Edelgard's support chain with Lysithea! El showing her caring big sister side with Lyssie was such a sweet (pun intended) moment between the two of them, considering what they both suffered at the hands of TWSITD. I like to think that they stayed friends after the war, even though Lysithea had to return to House Ordelia. Still sending each other cakes from time to time and killing Agarthans and such.

I personally like the idea of a route split rather than a timeskip. It's your story though, so don't feel like you have to make any decisions you don't want to. In the end it's whichever way you feel works best.

I will cancel the timeskip and daughter idea and instead I'd like two make two parties, one with Lysithea and Byleth, and one with Edelgard, Hubert and other people who will come to aid to Lysithea's aid and reunite with her.

9 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I will cancel the timeskip and daughter idea and instead I'd like two make two parties, one with Lysithea and Byleth, and one with Edelgard, Hubert and other people who will come to aid to Lysithea's aid and reunite with her.

So it'll almost be like two converging stories then? Eventually Lysithea and Byleth will reunite with El and Hubert, and the four of them face the rest of the challenges together?

Speaking of which, what did you have in mind for classes? From your OP, it looks like you've got Lyssie in a sort of magic-wielding Lord class. Is your plan to give the others unique classes too? Or will they be sticking with their "canon" classes from 3H?

Love the new Lysithea profile, btw!

4 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

So it'll almost be like two converging stories then? Eventually Lysithea and Byleth will reunite with El and Hubert, and the four of them face the rest of the challenges together?

Speaking of which, what did you have in mind for classes? From your OP, it looks like you've got Lyssie in a sort of magic-wielding Lord class. Is your plan to give the others unique classes too? Or will they be sticking with their "canon" classes from 3H?

Love the new Lysithea profile, btw!

Yeah, the plan was that Edelgard and Co. (I'm not sure yet of this will become entire BE party; probably playable Randolph and the woman whose name I forgot) gets to know about the happenings at House Ordelia and want to come to Byleth's and Lysithea's aid. Of course latter two shall get some more comrades too, probably complete new characters.

As for the classes, Lysithea shall become the "Queen" class, having access to all three magic types (magic is separated into anima, light, dark) and staves. Maaaaybe I could give her swords to make her use of magic swords. Edelgard shall stay in Emperor class (maybe as armored wyvern lord kinda like Ashnard?), Hubert shall become something like Sephiran's "Prime Minister", and Byleth..... well...... he could take anything.

May I suggest a spouse for Edelgard if Byleth is taken?

24 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

the woman whose name I forgot

Ladislava! She’s a wyvern rider, who’s oddly a cavalier in chapter 12 of CF.

You could also include Fleche, Randolph’s little sister, depending on how much time has passed.

Edit: If you give Lysithea swords she can make use of her other crest with thunderbrand, if you want to include both. I mean Catherine is dead, so it wouldn’t be too hard to imagine it passing to Lysithea.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Yeah, the plan was that Edelgard and Co. (I'm not sure yet of this will become entire BE party; probably playable Randolph and the woman whose name I forgot) gets to know about the happenings at House Ordelia and want to come to Byleth's and Lysithea's aid. Of course latter two shall get some more comrades too, probably complete new characters.

I apologize for the slight bit of CF spoilers, but...

Spoiler

Randolph and Ladislava both die in Ch.15. Randolph's sister Fleche survives though, and talks about wanting to follow in her brother's footsteps. I'm sure there's lots you could do with her. She's lowkey a pretty interesting character, just never really gets a chance to shine in 3H. I think her class is Assassin but I'm not sure.

That sounds like a great idea for the story, though! I can't wait to see what other characters you've got in mind.

28 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

As for the classes, Lysithea shall become the "Queen" class, having access to all three magic types (magic is separated into anima, light, dark) and staves. Maaaaybe I could give her swords to make her use of magic swords. Edelgard shall stay in Emperor class (maybe as armored wyvern lord kinda like Ashnard?), Hubert shall become something like Sephiran's "Prime Minister", and Byleth..... well...... he could take anything.

Ah, my main concern was the Emperor class, ngl. Mainly since it wasn't all that useful in 3H. I think making it a flier class (maybe with a fancy-colored wyvern like Claude's?) and fixing its speed a bit would help tremendously without pushing into game-breaking territory. As for Byleth, Swordmaster I guess? But with 6 Mov and buffed Astra (if CAs are a thing in this game).

Lysithea's class sounds perfect for her! How's magic gonna work here? More like Fates with equippable tomes/staves?

43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You could also include Fleche, Randolph’s little sister, depending on how much time has passed.

Edit: If you give Lysithea swords she can make use of her other crest with thunderbrand, if you want to include both. I mean Catherine is dead, so it wouldn’t be too hard to imagine it passing to Lysithea.

15 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Randolph and Ladislava both die in Ch.15. Randolph's sister Fleche survives though, and talks about wanting to follow in her brother's footsteps. I'm sure there's lots you could do with her. She's lowkey a pretty interesting character, just never really gets a chance to shine in 3H. I think her class is Assassin but I'm not sure.

That sounds like a great idea for the story, though! I can't wait to see what other characters you've got in mind.

Ah, my main concern was the Emperor class, ngl. Mainly since it wasn't all that useful in 3H. I think making it a flier class (maybe with a fancy-colored wyvern like Claude's?) and fixing its speed a bit would help tremendously without pushing into game-breaking territory. As for Byleth, Swordmaster I guess? But with 6 Mov and buffed Astra (if CAs are a thing in this game).

Lysithea's class sounds perfect for her! How's magic gonna work here? More like Fates with equippable tomes/staves?

Oops, I didn't remember CF's plot that well; VW is the one I remembered the most of all three routes (haven't played church). Emperor class sucked indeed, that's why she should get some mobility by a wyvern.  Wyvern Lord was the best class for her, so combined with being Emperor would be cool, I guess.

I think I'll make Byleth become some kind of a Jeigan. If he becomes a swordmaster, it might be kinda tricky for him to fulfill his role of a Jeigan. I will think about it.  In general the movement is the same as in the GBA triology.

I'm not that familar with Fates's weapon system aside of having a second built in weapon triangle, so if you could get into more details, it'd be helpful.  My plan was to make it become like FE4 where the magic triangle actually matters.

Anyways first map is done now from the gameplay aspect. It's a combination of a rout and defend map. Just have to add the introduction plot. Should be uploaded till end of the week hopefully; freetime during week is a bit rare unfortunately.

43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I forgot she died. Idr about Fleche's remain. If she made it alive, I'd definitely add her.

Thunderbrand crest idea sounds fun actually.

Edit: I still could add Ladislava and Randolph, but for playing a different role than I was intending originally.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

16 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ladislava dies too? Huh. I forgot. Oops.

3 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I forgot she died. Idr about Fleche's remain. If she made it alive, I'd definitely add her.

She only definitively dies in Azure Moon.

3 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Thunderbrand crest idea sounds fun actually.

It would have been fun in the main game too if I wasn’t scared of using up the uses...

22 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I'm not that familar with Fates's weapon system aside of having a second built in weapon triangle, so if you could get into more details, it'd be helpful.  My plan was to make it become like FE4 where the magic triangle actually matters.

Ah, sorry for the confusion. Fates treats spells as swappable inventory items (tomes and staves like you were referring to) rather than each character having a set spell list like in 3H. I've only played 3H and Fates, so I said Fates since I don't really know which style is more prevalent throughout the series.

30 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I think I'll make Byleth become some kind of a Jeigan. If he becomes a swordmaster, it might be kinda tricky for him to fulfill his role of a Jeigan. I will think about it.  In general the movement is the same as in the GBA triology.

Hmm... that might be a bit tricky with 3H's sword classes since there aren't very many strong options. Maybe a unique Lord class like you gave Lysithea, but for swords?

47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

She only definitively dies in Azure Moon.

She's alive and well in the last chapter of CF. You can talk to her in the monastery and she seems perfectly fine, handling Randolph's death well and no talk of suicidally charging Dimitri like on AM.

19 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Ah, sorry for the confusion. Fates treats spells as swappable inventory items (tomes and staves like you were referring to) rather than each character having a set spell list like in 3H. I've only played 3H and Fates, so I said Fates since I don't really know which style is more prevalent throughout the series.

That’s the system every game uses except for Three Houses and Echoes, if you’re curious.

43 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Hmm... that might be a bit tricky with 3H's sword classes since there aren't very many strong options. Maybe a unique Lord class like you gave Lysithea, but for swords?

Byleth got the class "omniscient" which allows him to use swords and staves. Also I'll make him become a rather bulky but rather slow unit not to let him ORKO everything which stands on his way.