Fun News from the CDC

XRay

The CDC advises people to clean and shower themselves before they get in the water so that there is less stuff for the chlorine to clean, and to ultimately improve sanitation. And with how unsanitary most Americans are due to a lack of bidets, I highly recommend people to vigorously clean their less-than-savory ham valley like how Heracles cleaned the revolting Augean stable. For obvious reasons, do not relieve yourself in the water and do not swallow the water. And if you have diarrhea, do NOT go into the water.

So, what makes this fun news? Check out CDC's tweet that contains a neat little gif!

CDC's own page also contains a fun image at the end.

HSS-week-diarrhea-facebook-tn.png

Edited by XRay

So you're telling me pools aren't giant toilets? What am I gonna do with my summer?

Jokes aside, last time I went to the pool, I got a nosebleed from swimming too hard, which wasn't all that fun, but I didn't see anything remotely red in the water, so chlorine must do a pretty bang-up job of cleaning out stuff. Not sure how well it would do with cleaning fecal matter, though...