I can't figure out how to post in the Fan Project page.

lygatheal

Well, you're already in part of the Fan Projects forum, so that's a start! All you need to do is click on Fan Projects and continue to make a thread from there. The subforums (like Resources, Questions, and Concepts) are to narrow down what exactly a thread is about. For instance, you posted this thread in the Questions subforum of Fan Projects, but you can actually just post in Fan Projects if you have something to share. Basically, you don't have to click on the subforums, just the parent forum is fine.

So the process would go something like: 

1. Click on the "Create" tab at the top of the page.
  2. Click on "Topic."
  3. From there, you can select any forum and start making a topic. The options that drop down are subforums, which you can make topics in, too.

Same applies to other areas of the website as well. In something like the Nintendo 3DS Era forum, you'll see subforums pertaining to Awakening, Fates, and Shadows of Valentia. If you want to talk about a specific game, you would choose one of those subforums. If you wanna talk about the 3DS games in general, you'd just click on Nintendo 3DS Era.

I hope this helps! I think I might've overexplained it a little, though.... If you need more help, I'd suggest contacting website staff for assistance. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2021 at 6:06 PM, indigoasis said:

Well, you're already in part of the Fan Projects forum, so that's a start! All you need to do is click on Fan Projects and continue to make a thread from there. The subforums (like Resources, Questions, and Concepts) are to narrow down what exactly a thread is about. For instance, you posted this thread in the Questions subforum of Fan Projects, but you can actually just post in Fan Projects if you have something to share. Basically, you don't have to click on the subforums, just the parent forum is fine.

So the process would go something like: 

1. Click on the "Create" tab at the top of the page.
  2. Click on "Topic."
  3. From there, you can select any forum and start making a topic. The options that drop down are subforums, which you can make topics in, too.

Same applies to other areas of the website as well. In something like the Nintendo 3DS Era forum, you'll see subforums pertaining to Awakening, Fates, and Shadows of Valentia. If you want to talk about a specific game, you would choose one of those subforums. If you wanna talk about the 3DS games in general, you'd just click on Nintendo 3DS Era.

I hope this helps! I think I might've overexplained it a little, though.... If you need more help, I'd suggest contacting website staff for assistance. 

I did this and for some reason my "Fan projects" tab is grayed out and won't let me go any further. Thank you very much though.

Edited by lygatheal

Someone call for a mod?

See that title just below your avatar?  Most people have "Member".  Some have "New Member".  "New Member" has some posting restrictions, and you can thank the spambots for that.  If you want to change to "Member", you'll have to post a bit more often.  How much?  I'm keeping that a secret, because it doesn't make sense to advertise it when we're trying to stop spambots!  In other words, post in places that aren't Far from the Forest (not that FftF is a bad place, but your post count doesn't rise there), and you'll eventually swap to "Member".  Then you can post in Fan Projects.

"But that's too much work!"  Only if you think the use of SF is to advertise your stuff then leave.  Alternately, drop a link in your sig, but you aren't going to reach as many people that way.

56 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Someone call for a mod?

See that title just below your avatar?  Most people have "Member".  Some have "New Member".  "New Member" has some posting restrictions, and you can thank the spambots for that.  If you want to change to "Member", you'll have to post a bit more often.  How much?  I'm keeping that a secret, because it doesn't make sense to advertise it when we're trying to stop spambots!  In other words, post in places that aren't Far from the Forest (not that FftF is a bad place, but your post count doesn't rise there), and you'll eventually swap to "Member".  Then you can post in Fan Projects.

"But that's too much work!"  Only if you think the use of SF is to advertise your stuff then leave.  Alternately, drop a link in your sig, but you aren't going to reach as many people that way.

Ah okay. Thank you very much.