JoeShmoe102

FE3 Book 1 promotions

Hey everybody, I'm playing through FE3 for my first time, starting with book 1 and then going to book 2. I'm on chapter 16 of book 1 at the moment, and I'm considering using my dragon whip on Shiida (she's lvl 12 rn). Is it worth promoting her, or is she really better off as an unpromoted falcon knight?

Also, once I get to book 2, when should I start thinking of promoting units? Immediately, or should I wait until they're lvl 15-20?

I'd promote her now. In fact, in this game, it's best to promote asap, as stats only cap at 20, and the exp for kills is fixed.

2 hours ago, JoeShmoe102 said:

Hey everybody, I'm playing through FE3 for my first time, starting with book 1 and then going to book 2. I'm on chapter 16 of book 1 at the moment, and I'm considering using my dragon whip on Shiida (she's lvl 12 rn). Is it worth promoting her, or is she really better off as an unpromoted falcon knight?

Also, once I get to book 2, when should I start thinking of promoting units? Immediately, or should I wait until they're lvl 15-20?

Actually, Falcon Knights didn't appear in Mystery of the Emblem. They did get added in both of the DS Remakes via Elysian Whip. Pegasus Knight's only promoted to Dracoknights in Mystery of the Emblem (as well as Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light) back then before the Pegasus Knight's Promotion Changed to Falcon Knight since Gaiden and skip towards Genealogy of the Holy War as their mainline promoted class change in the entire series.

Edited by King Marth 64

Book 1 is a pretty damn easy game, so my take is that it really doesn't matter at all. Go with whichever class you think looks prettier.